• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Baka and Test OOC [Reboot New GM]

Im not particularly fond of the idea because it feels like were negating the characters own strengths and weaknesses in favor of dumb luck and it just sorta feels like the work put into giving the charscters strengths and weaknesses wouldve been for nothing
That is true. I will need to rethink about this idea now.

That is true. I will need to rethink about this idea now.

If someone is opposed to it, then I agree. While it would be ideal to just let the players just fight it out, I've had experiences of people just devolving into fighting in OOC which one would win.

Perhaps, a Dice mechanic? Ah but that seems horribly complicated if we were to add the buffs and debuffs for it.

Well the best way ive seen is to let the reps decide via pm. Maybe make a large pm with all of the class members and let 'em loose. But the only thing ive ever done like this included actual character death so its a bit different

We could make it so that the outcome is overturned if one class just happens to use such a good strategy that there's no way they shouldn't have won. That way the dice would be more like "the expected outcome" if they were to just straight up fight.

On the other hand, we can just roll dices the same way Risk is played, if anyone else has played that.

I might be totally off beat in catching up with the conversation but if we played this out like how DND works than each subject (English, Health, etc) can be treated like a stat

like someone who's normal in english has like a +0 modifier while someone who sucks has a -2 and someone whos great has a +2 and we can work out all those knots and stuff
so if we're using a dice mechanic than two people would roll for their english 'stat' out of a d20 with their modifier, so someone who sucks at english would roll a 20 sided die -2 for their english grade, while someone whos stunning would do a +2 along with their dice roll.

if that, makes sense.

Not to rank characters too much but should there be a class rank? from smartest to least kinda like how there is in the anime? which we could determine mainly through just class rep in class a, then next student, and then class b and etc...

Just a two cents , if it seems like too much effort or just ehh on ranking characters we don't have to ?
Could be used for reference for whatever future system we use

Not to rank characters too much but should there be a class rank? from smartest to least kinda like how there is in the anime? which we could determine mainly through just class rep in class a, then next student, and then class b and etc...

Just a two cents , if it seems like too much effort or just ehh on ranking characters we don't have to ?
Could be used for reference for whatever future system we use
Mmmmm that is a good idea. If you want to, you can come up with the system and then everyone can work out who goes into what rank.

Mmmmm that is a good idea. If you want to, you can come up with the system and then everyone can work out who goes into what rank.

oh man class rank is like, literally ranking where i am (haha im 75th percentile i am a failure)
1519238860417.png

class rank would mainly be a good determinate if we're doing a positive + negative modifier with dice, so someone whos top class rank would get a +5 on rolls as opposed to someone whos bottom of the barrel who might get -5
i could work out a dice system for everyone, but ofc i need everyone to just make sure they want it / say what they want to say

so if we had a class rank, it would be something simple if we're basing it off class:
Rei Kei - 1
Ain Nikos - 2
(maybe some filler students here if it's Class A? There isn't 2 students of course)

Kotone Yamashita - 13
Eiji Hanamura - 14

(filler students)

Juishiro Motomiya - 25
Ai Yoshizumi - 26

(filler)

Shime Kuri -37
Chikara Ishii - 38

(filler)

Wei Xu - 49
Gakuon Tensei - 50

(filler)

Min Jae - 61
Horus Nikos - 62
Hexe Sauber - 63

the filler is just because there are definitely more students in the class than there are with people rping the class, so those are just NPC students. Class rank can determine modifiers and stuff, like someone in Class A / Top 10 Rank would get a +5 to a roll while Class B / Top 20 would get +4. This doesn't count classes that people are proficient at or bad at yet.

Maybe I'm making this too complicated. Class Rank is mainly just something they have in high schools...
OFC we have Class Reps also talk it out with each other maybe in a private conversation, that's a given since everything shouldn't just be based off numbers.

Just role a dice and see who has the highest number. One with her highest number wins.

We'd determine that but we're also accounting for what Lettuce said, that we wrote in characters to have their own strengths/weaknesses and the difference between those in Class A vs Class F, so it would invalidate what people wrote.

oh man class rank is like, literally ranking where i am (haha im 75th percentile i am a failure)

class rank would mainly be a good determinate if we're doing a positive + negative modifier with dice, so someone whos top class rank would get a +5 on rolls as opposed to someone whos bottom of the barrel who might get -5
i could work out a dice system for everyone, but ofc i need everyone to just make sure they want it / say what they want to say

so if we had a class rank, it would be something simple if we're basing it off class:
Rei Kei - 1
Ain Nikos - 2
(maybe some filler students here if it's Class A? There isn't 2 students of course)

Kotone Yamashita - 13
Eiji Hanamura - 14

(filler students)

Juishiro Motomiya - 25
Ai Yoshizumi - 26

(filler)

Shime Kuri -37
Chikara Ishii - 38

(filler)

Wei Xu - 49
Gakuon Tensei - 50

(filler)

Min Jae - 61
Horus Nikos - 62
Hexe Sauber - 63

the filler is just because there are definitely more students in the class than there are with people rping the class, so those are just NPC students. Class rank can determine modifiers and stuff, like someone in Class A / Top 10 Rank would get a +5 to a roll while Class B / Top 20 would get +4. This doesn't count classes that people are proficient at or bad at yet.

Maybe I'm making this too complicated. Class Rank is mainly just something they have in high schools...
OFC we have Class Reps also talk it out with each other maybe in a private conversation, that's a given since everything shouldn't just be based off numbers.

We'd determine that but we're also accounting for what Lettuce said, that we wrote in characters to have their own strengths/weaknesses and the difference between those in Class A vs Class F, so it would invalidate what people wrote.
I like it. Though Class A Rep would be ranked number one by default since they would be the smartest student at Fumizuki Academy. Though in the anime, Class Reps are given to people who have the highest intellect in the class.

If we apply that canon part, then either we can keep the class reps the same or we will have to wait and see who has the highest intellect in each class and they would become the new class reps. If we keep the class reps the way they are, then maybe students can challenge the rep for their position. If the class rep loses, they will not only lose their position but also go down in ranking.

Im offended hexe is actually smart he just does nothing useful

Though his test scores would be low lol

Well if he purposely made a low grade, then it shouldn't matter since in the anime one of the smartest people at the Academy was placed in Class F because she couldn't finish her test.

Well if he purposely made a low grade, then it shouldn't matter since in the anime one of the smartest people at the Academy was placed in Class F because she couldn't finish her test.
I was picking on ent lol

If we apply that canon part, then either we can keep the class reps the same or we will have to wait and see who has the highest intellect in each class and they would become the new class reps. If we keep the class reps the way they are, then maybe students can challenge the rep for their position. If the class rep loses, they will not only lose their position but also go down in ranking.

I'm totally okay with people keeping their Class Reps if they applied for it. If they came first come first serve they deserve to keep it unless they say otherwise ?

suRE he canT PAss a tEST BuT HE caN FLy hIGH ON A BRoom
hIGHER THAN his GPA
THATS WHAT MATTERS, DEEP ON THE INSIDE SON.

I feel like Class reps should stay permanent but if we do the high school ranking thing, then that should be changeable. That way those who came first could keep their position, while still accounting for grades.

I think that being capable of challenging the class rep for their position would just cause tension. I know i would be royally pissed if someone took my position as a class rep. At the roleplayer, not the character.

I'm totally okay with people keeping their Class Reps if they applied for it. If they came first come first serve they deserve to keep it unless they say otherwise ?

suRE he canT PAss a tEST BuT HE caN FLy hIGH ON A BRoom
hIGHER THAN his GPA
THATS WHAT MATTERS, DEEP ON THE INSIDE SON.

DO YOU WANT TO FUCKIN GO MOTHER

We could actually place some numbers to how good someone is in each class and those numbers represent the health and just roll a die to see how much dam,age someone causes.

For example, a Class F student may have 34 in math and a class e student may have a 123. Both students roll a die. The Class F student rolls a 12 and the class e student rolls a 5.

The current scores go down to 29 and 111, respectively.

Of course, these numbers are pretty random as of now and we could always add the modifiers so higher classes do more damage (Maybe class F does a normal amount while Class A does 1.5X times whatever amount they roll or something).

We could actually place some numbers to how good someone is in each class and those numbers represent the health and just roll a die to see how much dam,age someone causes.

For example, a Class F student may have 34 in math and a class e student may have a 123. Both students roll a die. The Class F student rolls a 12 and the class e student rolls a 5.

The current scores go down to 29 and 111, respectively.

Of course, these numbers are pretty random as of now and we could always add the modifiers so higher classes do more damage (Maybe class F does a normal amount while Class A does 1.5X times whatever amount they roll or something).

Ooo I like it. Numbers are good- but I wouldn't want battles (despite being a big part of the RP) to drag out too long, and if we use a system like that it might take ages to finish a battle (unless I'm interpreting it wrong. I suck at reading ; ~ ;

Ooo I like it. Numbers are good- but I wouldn't want battles (despite being a big part of the RP) to drag out too long, and if we use a system like that it might take ages to finish a battle (unless I'm interpreting it wrong. I suck at reading ;~;).
I know what you mean. That's why I said the numbers were relative. If we do do it, we could limit the numbers. Also modifiers would help avoid this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back