• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Background Pictures

eclipsa

faerie sightings
I'm not sure if this has been suggested or if it's even possible. But I would love to be able to have pictures as a background. I think it would really amp up my coding and everyone else's. If it's not possible, I understand :)

well, it's not really a code. But it's a little hack that a couple of people use! It will have to be a big image though, to cover the whole page. We are still trying to figure out how to use code with it!

Code:
[centerblock=60][h][heightrestrict=0][img][/img][/heightrestrict][/h][/centerblock]

Last edited by a moderator:
Eunoia said:
I've never seen anything using it, care to show me the code or whatever?
Background for posts?

This works with BBCodes but you will have to defer to someone who actually knows how to do it.

If you mean background pictures for images something like this is coming in RpNation Version 2 sometime before 2017 begins.

Ecstasyia said:
well, it's not really a code. But it's a little hack that a couple of people use!
Code:
[centerblock=60][h][heightrestrict=0][img][/img][/heightrestrict][/h][/centerblock]
That doesn't work on all browsers, that's why I suggested make it a possibility. Nothing shows up for that via Safari and it's the only browser I use.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Background for posts?
This works with BBCodes but you will have to defer to someone who actually knows how to do it.

If you mean background pictures for images something like this is coming in RpNation Version 2 sometime before 2017 begins.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, backgrounds for posts. I know that there's some hacks for it, but like I said, they don't show up with Safari so it bums me out.

Eunoia said:
That doesn't work on all browsers, that's why I suggested make it a possibility. Nothing shows up for that via Safari and it's the only browser I use.
Yes, backgrounds for posts. I know that there's some hacks for it, but like I said, they don't show up with Safari so it bums me out.
The entire bbcode enginee is getting revamped within the next 2-4 months (sometime before 2017). Your issue has been fixed on the new version :) !

Eunoia said:
Oh, that's a bummer :(

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]The entire bbcode enginee is getting revamped within the next 2-4 months (sometime before 2017). Your issue has been fixed on the new version :) !

[/QUOTE]
bless you. b l e s s y o u

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]The entire bbcode enginee is getting revamped within the next 2-4 months (sometime before 2017). Your issue has been fixed on the new version :) !

[/QUOTE]
*hype ensues*

The Dark Wizard]YOU HAVE SEEN NOTHING YET. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11743-welian/ said:
@welian[/URL] and some of the @Moderators who really like bbcodes have not been able to put themselves back together after what they saw :D !
You're giving me hope for my future rps and cs

The Dark Wizard]YOU HAVE SEEN NOTHING YET. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11743-welian/ said:
@welian[/URL] and some of the @Moderators who really like bbcodes have not been able to put themselves back together after what they saw :D !
*SQUEALS*IM SO READY AHHH I LOVE BBCODE

Last edited by a moderator:
Ecstasyia said:
*SQUEALS*
It involves a new editor for writing on the site, one that doesn't suck. BBcode mode/rich text don't exist any more, its just one smart useful not dumb editor.

BBCodes will no longer require users to actually type out the code for the desired effect, every code has a button on the editor now. Some even further integrated in like floating which involves say clicking on an an image and just moving it instead of typing out the code.

The reason for this is because the actual BBCode parser engine doesn't exist any more. The Editor is now a more advanced Whitelisted (meaning restrictively allowed, so you can't use your own) HTML interface. So clicking on say accordions, just summons them for you now and you fill out the details instead of having to type out the code manually and users can't see the underlying HTML code/use their own, making it so that pages/threads can't be broken/hijacked by poor use of bbcodes.

2016-07-10_13-36-05.gif

Here is an example of the new way to create accordions with out having to struggle and manually type out the code. If you are quick to notice, you'll see that I already finished tabs and sticky notes and a few others you might recognize there, including a symbol for tables. Most of the bbcodes involve selecting the text and clicking a button or clicking the button and inserting the desired information.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]It involves a new editor for writing on the site, one that doesn't suck. BBcode mode/rich text don't exist any more, its just one smart useful not dumb editor.
BBCodes will no longer require users to actually type out the code for the desired effect, every code has a button on the editor now. Some even further integrated in like floating which involves say clicking on an an image and just moving it instead of typing out the code.

The reason for this is because the actual BBCode parser engine doesn't exist any more. The Editor is now a more advanced Whitelisted (meaning restrictively allowed, so you can't use your own) HTML interface. So clicking on say accordions, just summons them for you now and you fill out the details instead of having to type out the code manually and users can't see the underlying HTML code/use their own, making it so that pages/threads can't be broken/hijacked by poor use of bbcodes.

2016-07-10_13-36-05.gif

Here is an example of the new way to create accordions with out having to struggle and manually type out the code. If you are quick to notice, you'll see that I already finished tabs and sticky notes and a few others you might recognize there, including a symbol for tables. Most of the bbcodes involve selecting the text and clicking a button or clicking the button and inserting the desired information.

[/QUOTE]
THIS IS TOO MUCH I CANT

BUT YOU MUST BECAUSE I'M NOT DONE.

giphy.gif

Its the biggest update to the site in its entire history. I will earn my cookies.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]It involves a new editor for writing on the site, one that doesn't suck. BBcode mode/rich text don't exist any more, its just one smart useful not dumb editor.

2016-07-10_13-36-05.gif

[/QUOTE]
Heosbfosnfodnfos forbidding yyeyesssssss

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]BUT YOU MUST BECAUSE I'M NOT DONE.
giphy.gif

Its the biggest update to the site in its entire history. I will earn my cookies.

[/QUOTE]
You have blessed us. Four for you, Wiz. Four for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back