• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Background Colors, Text Colors and Themes

Archene

Keeper of Balance
I am not sure if anyone else has already suggested this, but sincerely, there are RPs where people use various different themes.

When people copy and paste things from another post, on something that looks like their usual automatic font, text color and background, is actually a set color that will get people with different themes to see well, unlike they would see if it was automatic.

This usually appears to me as a white background with black text color... even though I have the dark theme on. Would there be any ways, beyond people manually fixing the text with clear formatting (which takes away any custom colored text along while fixing this)?

I do not believe there is an alternative other than removing the text formatting with the editor button.  The staff is currently looking for a solution which will fix some of the elements that are transferred from content that is copied and pasted into the editor. :)

Also, those who can access HTML can go to the post they want to copy, edit it (assuming it's their own post), click Source, select all and copy.  Cancel out of edit.  Then go to the new post, click Source, and paste.  Click Source again and all will be exactly as it was in the previous post, with the background and text color defaulting to the theme it's viewed in (unless they were changed, of course).  This doesn't work if you're copying someone else's post, of course.  I do it all the time because I have headers for half my RP posts, and this lets me copy them without bringing any unwanted formatting along.

Alternately, if you're in a Hosted Project and everyone can agree on a theme for that HP, the HP creator can set an overriding theme for that HP only.  For example, if you all agree that the RP will go well in Night Life, the creator can set it so that everyone views it in Night Life.

Also, those who can access HTML can go to the post they want to copy, edit it (assuming it's their own post), click Source, select all and copy.  Cancel out of edit.  Then go to the new post, click Source, and paste.  Click Source again and all will be exactly as it was in the previous post, with the background and text color defaulting to the theme it's viewed in (unless they were changed, of course).  This doesn't work if you're copying someone else's post, of course.  I do it all the time because I have headers for half my RP posts, and this lets me copy them without bringing any unwanted formatting along.

Alternately, if you're in a Hosted Project and everyone can agree on a theme for that HP, the HP creator can set an overriding theme for that HP only.  For example, if you all agree that the RP will go well in Night Life, the creator can set it so that everyone views it in Night Life.

A website where everyone uses night life, sounds like heaven for my eyes

Had it for a while, it doesn't solve the fact that most of my near black screen suddenly got bright white in the middle, or 'light white' considering that my screen is always at the min ilumination.

Then use Darkroom mode.

As previously mentioned, we are looking for solutions to how elements are transferred with the site's editor. :) We'll be sure to update you when changes are made.

(and when the problem is on what people are doing, and it really isn't their fault, I'd rather have the problem be solved than a thousand quick-fixes being given to anyone who feels like making some extra effort to not be affected by it.)

Thank you~ Staff~

Last edited by a moderator:
(and when the problem is on what people are doing, and it really isn't their fault, I'd rather have the problem be solved than a thousand quick-fixes being given to anyone who feels like making some extra effort to not be affected by it.)

Thank you~ Staff~

It's on the list :)   The quick-fixes are for the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back