• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern -- ❝ back from the edge ❞

Characters
Here

rohan liu

you pull me back from the edge

The house was silent.

A rather odd occurrence in Delaine household until recently. Theo Delaine was an eight-year-old boy, and who had ever heard of an eight-year-old living in a house without making some sort of noise? Whether it was running around with his nerf guns inside the house to shoot at the maids, playing his video games, or exploring the outdoor area. The boy was always on the go and always full of energy. So, whenever Rohan Liu entered the household, the maids treated him like some sort of God. For whenever Rohan was in the house, it meant the Delaine household was calm for at least an hour and one could finally relax.

He had only been Theo’s tutor for six weeks, but he was finding that the boy was improving so much. It was especially helpful that one of the main courses he was studying at the moment at his university was an education for those with special needs. He knew that Theo had ADHD and also knew that the boy lacked some focus. Therefore, he created their learning environment and study plan to match Theo’s needs. Rohan carefully observed his student as he sat there, trying to figure out one of the problems he had created for the boy. He had promised Theo that this would be the final question for their study period, and then he would be able to do whatever he pleased.

A wide grin fell upon Rohan’s face, proudly gazing at the boy as Theo was going about figuring the problem the correct way. He wondered if this was how his own mother felt when he finally got the knack of maths when she had tried to teach him. In a way, Rohan could see himself in the young boy before him. He was determined and somewhat stubborn, and also very hard working. He wanted to make sure he got all perfectly; just like Rohan would do. He would always want things to be perfect even if it meant stressing himself out beyond repair. And right now was a perfect example of that.

Ugh!” a large groan fell from Theo’s mouth as he allowed his hands to drop his pencil, and his arms to fall to his side. “I’m no good at this!

You’re kidding me, right?” Rohan asked, his brows raised as he looked down at the piece of paper the boy had been working on. “You’ve improved so much in such a short time! You got the right answer!

Theo’s eyes narrowed as he glared at his teacher. “You’re just saying that so my Mum will pay you.

A wide smile fell on the tutor’s face, followed by a chuckle. “Theo… I get paid regardless if I’m nice to you or not.” he said, nudging the boy’s shoulder with his open palm. “I really mean it. You’ve improved a lot.

An embarrassed, humble smile fell on the young boy’s face. “Thank you, sir.

Your parents aren’t around. What did I tell you about that?” he responded, frowning lightly.

Huh, ah yeah… I’m uh, sorry…” Theo paused, his cheeks becoming rosy “… Rohan.

You’re such a nerd” Rohan responded with a breathy laugh, bringing his hand up and ruffling the boy’s hair. Theo chuckled, pushing his teacher’s hand away before his eyes peeked over towards the clock on the wall.

Oh! It’s almost dinner time!” the young boy noted before looking back at Rohan. “Can you stay for dinner this time? Plleeaasssee. I’ll go and ask my Mum now. Hold on – Muuuuuum!” And before Rohan could politely refuse the offer, Theo was off like a lightning bolt; racing out of his bedroom and towards the kitchen while screaming out his mother’s name. Slowly placing the maths book that was laid upon his lap onto the table, the male released a soft sigh before standing to his height. Well, I suppose a free meal isn’t something I should turn down? he thought to himself as he placed his hands into his jean pockets and followed the path in which Theo had run off on.

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back