• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [B L O O D L I N E S]

kou

trash.
latest

• list over 4 skills or more.

make sure to include certain skills revolving around the character's current position and please utilize diversity when it applies to certain things. even ridiculous talents are beneficial in the end.

F I L E 1

this document has been redacted in order to ensure immunity from dangerous peoples.

name

given alias

list the subject's name and given codename.

24+

gender identity

if applicable.

sexual attraction

if applicable.

position

what does the subject specialize in within the fbi?

birthdate

must include year.

F I L E 2

hair texture

state the color of the subject's hair.

eye pigmentation

state the color of the subject's eyes.

height

n/a

weight

n/a

race

n/a

birthplace

n/a

build

n/a

daily attire

optional.

F I L E 3

behaviorism

this does NOT require extensive detail. 1-2 paragraphs will suffice.

5+

dislikes

5+

fears

2+

moral alignment

good? neutral? evil? etc.

F I L E 4

relationships

reserve this until accepted.

familial relations:

companions:

neutrality:

enemies:

romantic attachments:

F I L E 5

writing sample

this section is a key factor to you and your character's acceptance, feel free to insert whatever sample you feel is needed. you may input something from an rp you were once involved in or perhaps you can wriite in the perspective of the character you have just created.

make sure to take a break if this feels too extensive.

F I L E 6

theme song(s)

optional.

miscellaneous

also optional.

vehicle

optional as well.

latest

• please wait until acceptance to fill this out. for now, leave it blank because it is currently unimportant. also, please note that you have read through the emboldened print in the character sheet seeing as that is also rather important.

THE

FEDERAL

BUREAU

OF

INVESTIGATION

CHARACTER

SHEET

tumblr_static_85xysmgqejk0s84ss8wc44so.png

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI CS SKELLY

[img=http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/spellbook/images/5/56/Insert-Photo-Here.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140522210002]
  • list over 4 skills or more.
    make sure to include certain skills revolving around the character's current position and please utilize diversity when it applies to certain things. even ridiculous talents are beneficial in the end.

F I L E 1

this document has been redacted in order to ensure immunity from dangerous peoples.

name
given alias

list the subject's name and given codename.

gender identity
if applicable.

sexual attraction
if applicable.

position
what does the subject specialize in within the fbi?

birthdate
must include year.

F I L E 2

hair texture
state the color of the subject's hair.

eye pigmentation
state the color of the subject's eyes.

height
n/a

weight
n/a

race
n/a

birthplace
n/a

build
n/a

daily attire
optional.

F I L E 3

behaviorism

dislikes
5+

fears
2+

moral alignment
good? neutral? evil? etc.

F I L E 4

relationships

familial relations:

companions:

neutrality:

enemies:

romantic attachments:

F I L E 5

writing sample
this section is a key factor to you and your character's acceptance, feel free to insert whatever sample you feel is needed. you may input something from an rp you were once involved in or perhaps you can wriite in the perspective of the character you have just created.

F I L E 6

theme song(s)
optional.

miscellaneous
also optional.

vehicle
optional as well.

[img=http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/spellbook/images/5/56/Insert-Photo-Here.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140522210002]
  • please wait until acceptance to fill this out. for now, leave it blank because it is currently unimportant. also, please note that you have read through the emboldened print in the character sheet seeing as that is also rather important.

THE
FEDERAL
BUREAU
OF
INVESTIGATION
CHARACTER
SHEET
[img=http://static.tumblr.com/5e2a3948561f0f220f3727c0d9c8de66/g6f0dog/Xmtnc66rn/tumblr_static_85xysmgqejk0s84ss8wc44so.png]

Code:

7aef3b16b2a081da466d68250db93110.jpg

• multi-lingual

hand-to-hand combat

ambidextrous

stealthy

high pain tolerance

40-20vision

F I L E 1

name

given alias

Morgan Gunvaldsson//Agent 0//Hawkeye

gender identity

Cisgender/she/her

sexual attraction

Omnisexual

position

Special Agent

birthdate

December 7th, 1991

F I L E 2

hair texture

Light Brown.

eye pigmentation

Hazel/Blue

height

5'9

weight

135lbs

race

African-American/Swedish

birthplace

Stockholm,Sweden

build

Toned/Curvy

daily attire

optional.

F I L E 3

behaviorism

working for the FBI

Her teammates

her sister

fast driving

drinking

martial arts

dislikes

working for the FBI

her teammates

her sister

procrastination

fears

killing her sister

being killed by her sister

failing a mission

being fired from the FBI

moral alignment

Chaotic Neutral

F I L E 4

relationships

familial relations:

Mackenzie Gunvaldsson// twin sister

companions:

neutrality:

enemies:

Mackenzie Gunvaldsson//twin sister

romantic attachments:

F I L E 5

writing sample

F I L E 6

theme song(s)

optional.

miscellaneous

also optional.

vehicle

optional as well.

94f433315bbefe6fe1c201fed4482bf1.jpg

THE

FEDERAL

BUREAU

OF

INVESTIGATION

CHARACTER

SHEET

tumblr_static_z0ya57553u8o8w0skocw4gws.gif

• +Combat Skills

+Oral Communication Skills

+Programming Techniques

+

no slide
no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide

no slide
no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide
latest

THE

FEDERAL

BUREAU

OF

INVESTIGATION

CHARACTER

SHEET

Hayley-Kiyoko:-PopularTVcom-Photoshoot-2015--01.jpg

• + Toxicology.

+ Digital & Multimedia Sciences.

+ plays piano.

+ knows her way around Japan & LA.

F I L E 1

name

Dr. Kendall Alice Hiratasuku.

given alias

Fake name: Charlotte West

Nickname: Ken, only her closest friends can call her this.

gender identity

cisgender female.

sexual attraction

heterosexual.

position

forensics anthropology.

birthdate

april 1st, 1991.

F I L E 2

hair texture

naturally brown but kendall dyes it blonde.

eye pigmentation

kendall's are a dark brown, almost black.

height

5'4''.

weight

119lbs (54kgs).

race

multiracial

(american/japanese)

birthplace

LA, california, usa.

build

slim.

daily attire

1|2|3|4

F I L E 3

behaviorism

kendall is a massive geek, period. whenever you mention star wars, star trek or even sherlock, you can guarantee kendall will come running over to talk nerdy. but despite being a geek, kendall is a sweetheart. she hates negativity and tries her best to keep the positive vibe in the room. although she may be a sweetheart, she's a push over. kendall is loyal and willing to do anything, even if it's for someone else's advantage. when it comes to science, no can beat her intelligence when it comes to toxicology and computer science.

kendall is loyal like a puppy. she's easily trustworthy yet she's disorganized as hell, her bedroom is one of the messiest bedrooms in the united states of america. besides being disorganized, she's also quite sensitive and not in the "oh my god blood! i might faint" type of sensitive, more of an emotional sensitive. WIP.

Computers, Coffee, Old Records, Panic! At The Disco, The City.

dislikes

Injustice, Racism, Japanese Stereotypes, Tea, Heights

fears

- Heights

- Bugs (mainly spiders though)

moral alignment

neutral good.

F I L E 4

relationships

familial relations:

companions:

neutrality:

enemies:

romantic attachments:

F I L E 5

writing sample

F I L E 6

theme song(s)

optional.

miscellaneous

also optional.

vehicle

optional as well.

Hayley-Kiyoko:-PopularTVcom-Photoshoot-2015--03.jpg

THE

FEDERAL

BUREAU

OF

INVESTIGATION

CHARACTER

SHEET

W.I.P. Special Agent

cb98ae20b49b5c2f219d722ef74fd258.jpg

• 1. Computer Intelligence

2. Leadership

3. Melodic Percussion

4. Running

no slide
no slide
no slide
no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide

no slide
no slide no slide
no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide no slide
images

THE

FEDERAL

BUREAU

OF

INVESTIGATION

CHARACTER

SHEET

yaya-dacosta.png

• + eidetic memory.

+ quick learner.

+ knowledgeable and skilled in several different languages, including French, Spanish, German, Mandarin, Japanese, Arabic, and ASL. Her skill level in each language varies, but she's fluent in English (her first language), Spanish, and French.

+ singing, though she almost never showcases her voice.

+ good aim.

F I L E 1

name

Nina Felicity Vaughn

given alias

Aaliyah Lawson / Saber

gender identity

female

sexual attraction

pansexual

position

intelligence analyst, formerly a special agent

birthdate

may 5, 1986

F I L E 2

hair texture

dark brown

eye pigmentation

very dark brown, almost black

height

5'7"

weight

120 lbs, technically underweight due to a lack of muscle mass in her legs.

race

African-American

birthplace

Springfield, IL

build

Slim, yet muscular in her upper body

F I L E 3

behaviorism

Nina is a woman who's plagued by selfish ambition. Everything she does has an underlying motive that is self-serving in one way or another. It's rare for her to ever act in the best interest of others, as she can't usually be bothered to care for the well-being of the masses. She lives in a morally gray area and her ethics are often questionable. Nina lives by the notion that the ends justify the means.

A pessimist to her core, Nina possesses an incredibly jaded view of life, accepting that the world is full of misfortune and evil. She faces the world with a sense of bitter cynicism, which only increased after the accident that cost her the use of her legs. She views the world (and people) as a series of puzzles needing to be solved. While this view makes her analytical and intelligent, it also causes her to be rather detached and emotionally stoic.

Socially, Nina can best be described as a reserved extrovert. While she enjoys socializing, she isn't all that outgoing herself, but usually won't refuse company. Though she isn't entirely friendly, she does have a mouth that can run a mile a minute and it can be nearly impossible to shut her up once she's started on a topic. She's a brilliant conversationalist and has a way of engaging others in intriguing conversations. Hardly one to tolerate frivolousness, Nina is a bit on the serious side, though she isn't completely lacking a sense of humor. Her humor is often crass, dry, and dark, making quips at the expense of herself, others, or current situations. Her remarks often drip with sarcasm. Others see her as insensitive, as she is relentlessly blunt, perpetually unafraid to call out anything she perceives as askew. Those who call her cold-hearted would be accurate in their choice of adjectives; her constant cynicism has dulled her ability to sympathize. Despite her paraplegia, Nina absolutely refuses to be treated as someone who's "disabled" and vehemently opposes any special treatment she's given because of it. She is very much independent and has always been, especially before the accident, and she prefers that it remains that way. All in all, Nina is an extremely bitter individual, embittered by the unfortunate cards she's been dealt.

+ coffee

+ cigarettes

+ the beach

+ the countryside

+ independence

dislikes

- physical therapy

- hospitals

- cars

- feeling helpless or dependent

- being treated like an invalid

fears

- damaging her relationship with her son

- receiving news about her brother's death

moral alignment

chaotic neutral

F I L E 4

relationships

familial relations:

Albert Vaughn [deceased] | | Father.

Grace Vaughn | | Mother.

Eleanor "Ellie" Vivian Dahl | | Younger sister. They have a fairly good relationship.

Daryl Gregory Vaughn | | Older brother. He and Nina are estranged due to Daryl's involvement in criminal activity.

Asa Joel O'Brien | | Son, 5 y/o. Resides in Philadelphia with his father, who has custody over him.

companions:

neutrality:

enemies:

romantic attachments:

Seth O'Brien [formerly] | | Ex-boyfriend and Asa's father. He gained custody over Asa following Nina's accident and currently lives in Philadelphia.

F I L E 5

writing sample

She curled her toes into the sand, feeling the warmth of the shore embrace her as the shore below tickled at her feet. Her legs were crossed as she sat outstretched on the sand, treasuring each sensation, cherishing the feel of each and every grain of sand against her skin. A contented sigh escaping her lips, she stretched out her legs.

She was truly free.

Nina opened her eyes.

In an instant, the imaginary sensation of feeling her legs was gone, instead replaced by the cold metal of her wheelchair. Every day before the accident, she would spend a few minutes meditating on the shore. It was her first day back on the beach since that dreaded day. Maria had agreed to take her to the beach, bless the woman's soul. Usually the edge of the ocean was the only place where Nina could clear her thoughts, but now, it seemed to act as a cemetery for cherished memories. It was her favorite place, before she lost her legs.

Freedom felt like a distant memory; an unreachable dream that lay tauntingly just beyond her grasp, grazing the tips of her fingers. A dream that every fiber in her being
yearned for, her desire so powerful it nearly felt painful, a deep feeling of longing knotting in the pit of her stomach. It almost felt as if the waves just below her feet were mocking her. The wheels did provide her with a new sense of freedom after she lost her legs, but at such times they felt more like a burden than an aid. She felt an itch in her otherwise dead legs - an itch of an insatiable, voracious thirst for movement. It was a psychological itch, of course, one conjured up by the desperation of her imagination. She wanted to stand, run across the length of the shore, feeling each grain of sand on her feet. But this goddamn chair prevented her from doing so.

The turbulence of the waves in front of her washed an uncomfortable feeling of familiarity over Nina. A sight that once brought her serenity now only stirred up an anxious uneasiness within her. This was the same shore she rested upon a hundred times before. Yet this time, the familiarity felt strangely alien, foreign to her. It was the same sight she'd seen nearly every day of her life for years, yet now it brought on a completely different set of feelings. It was the same. Yet it was different. The sound of the crashing waves revealed a strange revelation.

It was the same ocean. These were the same waves.

The world went on.

Nina lost her legs, and along with it, herself. She lost her son and her career, and she'd lost herself. Yet the waves kept crashing, because the ocean didn't pity the poor woman on its shore who had essentially lost everything. People continued with their lives the next morning, unbeknownst to the suffering Nina endured each day. The sun would continue to rise. The world continued to spin because it didn't give a damn. The world didn't give a damn.

The world didn't give a damn.

A sardonic chuckle escaped Nina's lips, and a deluge of hot tears rushed down her cheeks. A bitter storm brewed in her chest as she dwelled upon this new found realization. Her lungs tensed and it was becoming difficult to breathe now as the tears began to drown her. A hot feeling rose in the back of her throat and she wanted to scream, to yell, to curse the misfortune that had befallen her. She was angry, yet she knew there was no one to be angry at.

Because she knew that the world continued to spin and the world didn't give a damn.

A gentle hand grazed Nina's shoulder, and she was suddenly yanked into reality. She didn't lift her eyes but she knew Maria was standing behind her, an expression of pity and sorrow etched onto her gentle face. Her breathing calmed and she blinked away the tears. Maria said nothing; there was nothing to be said now. She kept her hand on Nina's shoulder, a gesture she hoped the other woman found comforting, at the very least. "I'm ready to go," Nina gasped, her voice barely above a whisper. She refused to meet Maria's eyes.

"I'm ready to go."

The call was unexpected, to say the least. After a year of absolutely no contact, Tommy dials them up out of the blue? Surely he wasn't getting the gang back together simply for a backyard barbecue reunion. No, if she knew anything about the infamous Demo gauge, it was that there was a hidden agenda disguised under the entire situation, a thinly veiled plea for help on his end. She was curious as to what Tommy'd gotten himself tangled up in. Her first guess was that Tommy had landed himself in hot water and needed their help to weasel himself out - hardly an unusual feat for the man. Zamani scoffed at that thought; if that was the case, he'd better be neck-deep in some horrible shit, because there were numerous moments she could recall, right off the bat, when she was helpless and had no one to rush to her aid. Otherwise, as far as Zamani was concerned, she'd turn that car around and drive that 500-mile path right back to where she came from. With that said, she wouldn't hesitate to climb Mount Everest if one of her Dragonflies needed it. Despite her seemingly apathetic attitude, she cared more than she'd like to admit. Which is why she was driving nearly five hundred miles in a stolen car, out to a sweltering hot desert in the middle of God knows where to meet them.

Zamani had been in Santa Cruz when Tommy contacted her. With such short notice, she had to scramble to make arrangements. She had been due to meet up with her daughter that week in Arizona, though she reluctantly scrapped the plans to accommodate Tommy's rather outlandish request. Cashing in a favor with an unscrupulous acquaintance in Oakland, he wired her up to a car that she could borrow to make the trek to the meeting spot. The next day, she was traversing over a five hundred mile trek to Nevada from Santa Cruz.

Zamani felt an indefinable mix of countless different emotions. On one hand, a deep feeling excitement bubbled within her. After all, it had been a year since she'd last seen the people she'd come to call friends, and the thought of seeing them again made her chest flutter with an eager anticipation. However, on the other hand, she was nervous. Extremely nervous. A year can do a lot to a person; Zamani herself was the prime example of that statement. If one were to look at her now versus then, the difference would be stupidly blatant. For one, a year ago she was healthy, drugs and poverty not yet having tainted her body. She was also so much more naive and reckless, willing to do any task they threw at her, rarely taking danger or consequences into account. She was ambitious, welcoming the next dangerous task with arms wide open. Now, it was a different story. Now, she actually had something important in her life that was the top priority - her daughter. Her beloved daughter, the center of her world. Now she couldn't risk bolting headfirst into a heist, guns blazing. What would her fellow Dragonflies say? What would they
think? She knew that the rest of the Dragonflies were hardly saints themselves and thus had little room to judge, but she still couldn't help but worry about their opinions.

In addition to anxious and excited, she was also curious, concerned, apprehensive - you name it. The plethora of emotions overwhelming her all at once made her head spin.

Catching a glimpse of herself in the rear view mirror, Zamani heaved a deep sigh, sweeping a lock of frizzy curls out of her face. Scabs and scars covered her once-unblemished face, though she couldn't be bothered to try and cover them up. Her efforts would be futile, anyhow. Pressing her hand up against the window, she recoiled immediately, her skin burning at the heat - a telltale sign that she was in Nevada territory. She had been driving straight into nothingness for an hour, no signs of even the slightest civilization. Nothing but sand and desert flora was visible. She glanced down at her phone, which glowed bright with the directions that Tommy had given her. "God, where are you taking me, Tommy?" she muttered under her breath. Her leg shook impatiently, desperately beneath her; she was already jittery from withdrawal.

Soon, a shape formed in the distance - a large warehouse, it looked like. She assumed that was the place. After all, how many warehouses in the middle of the deep Nevadan desert could there be? Hopefully not too many, for her sake. The car slowed as she approached and she peered apprehensively through the windshield, searching for any familiar faces. She brought the car to an abrupt halt and watched the warehouse from afar for a few moments before continuing forward slowly. Her knuckles whitened from her death grip on the steering wheel. Drawing in a sharp breath through gritted teeth, she exhaled slowly. It was now or never, she decided.

Sleepless nights gave Nolan plenty of time to dwell in his own thoughts.

Nolan was a man of many words. He enjoyed a lively atmosphere, one filled with the sounds of laughter, people all around him, and a general feeling of joyfulness in the air. The stillness of the night made him uneasy, and being alone for so long with only his own thoughts to accompany him made him restless. One would think he'd be accustomed to it by now, being an insomniac his entire life. At night, the confines of his dorm room felt restrictive, as if the walls were closing in, taunting him with the promise of sleep. He'd returned to the dorms after having shown Lex where his room was and sat awake in his own room for a few hours. He needed to escape. As with nearly every other night, he slipped out of his room and into the coolness of the night. It was there that he felt the most free, his thoughts no longer seemingly trapped in mind, thrashing against his skull. While he felt out of his element in the quietness, a feeling of serenity washed over him as the stars hung above him, glowing brightly in the midnight sky. It was late, the streets of the Ruins temporarily abandoned until morning.

The solitude gave Nolan time to think, his thoughts undisturbed. He wasn't an introspective man, but alone at night, he was forced to be. He didn't think about anything particularly meaningful. Thoughts of his family skirted across his consciousness. It's been over half a decade since he'd last seen them, and every other night thoughts of them nagged at his conscience. Unwilling to allow the guilt to creep back into his mind, he quickly pushed the thoughts away. He thought of the events of the past few days, the heaviness of death still weighing down his spirits, and wondered how everyone else was holding up. Luckily, his excitement towards the upcoming induction festival pushed away the darker thoughts. It was a time Nol looked forward to and greatly enjoyed, being the gregarious man that he was. Mostly, though, his mind drew a blank as he roamed around aimlessly, the cold air surrounding him in a chilly embrace.

The sky was brightening now, the deep blue-black hues of midnight now becoming overtaken by the orange tones of the sun. It was a sight Nolan had seen countless times before, since he was awake to see it nearly every morning, and the novelty of the sunrise had been lost to him years ago. He'd been awake for quite some time now and fatigue tugged at his eyes, muddying the clarity of his thoughts. He heaved a deep sigh as he glanced around him, his hands in his pocket as he strolled lazily through the streets. It was about time for the rest of the Ruins to awaken and Nolan figured he'd head back to his room to freshen up in order to prepare himself for the rest of the day.

The sun had risen by the time Nol reached his dorm and the birds outside sang loudly (and obnoxiously) to greet coming of the morning. Once he walked through the door, he slung off his hat from his head and tossed it into the bed. After glancing at his rugged face through the mirror, he realized he hadn't cleaned himself up from the previous night's expedition into Tranquility. With a disgruntled sigh, he made his way towards the bathroom to make himself presentable, at the very least.

He emerged from the bathroom looking noticeably fresher than usual, with his damp hair washed and his stubble trimmed. Rummaging through his drawers for a clean pair of clothing, he picked out a set that hardly differed from his usual attire: a dark long sleeve tee and jeans, finished off with his grey baseball cap. After preparing a pot of coffee, he sat on his bed (the chairs in his room were occupied by mounds of items that Nol neither needed nor used) sipping his drink from the red mug he'd bought from Lugh the day before. Once he finished, he rose with a grunt. With that, he was ready to face the day ahead and strolled out of his room, hands stuffed into his pockets.

F I L E 6

miscellaneous

She's currently confined to a wheelchair due to an accident that both left her paraplegic and ended her career as a special agent. She's completely unable to control her legs, though through rigorous physical therapy she's regained slight use of her right leg. It's unlikely that she'll ever walk again, however, and she's reconciled with that fact.

vehicle

None; since she's unable to drive, her neighbor, Maria, (or any willing colleague) acts as her chauffeur.

tumblr_nmpy1qDhuw1qifjmxo4_250.gif

THE

FEDERAL

BUREAU

OF

INVESTIGATION

CHARACTER

SHEET

xkn5ae.jpg

• ~ photography

~ memory and attention to detail (also good for remembering coffee orders.)

~ great sense of direction

~ getting information

~ running

~ cooking

F I L E 1

name

Maximus "Max" Pierce

given alias

Joseph Planter; Fledgling

gender identity

Cis male (He/Him)

sexual attraction

Pansexual, Demiromatic

position

intern, crime scene photographer

birthdate

February 12, 1995

F I L E 2

hair texture

dark brown

eye pigmentation

brown

height

5'11"

weight

140 lbs.

race

white

birthplace

Polo, Illinois

build

tall, lanky, but not weak-looking

daily attire

Jeans and button-up shirts of varying colors (the latter usually with the first two buttons left open) make up his typical syle of dress, usually accompanied by converse and a jacket of some sort, even on days that are considerably hot. Sometimes, in less humid weather, he'll wear scarves as well. On more casual occasions, a t-shirt and jeans or shorts, depending on the weather, becomes his wardrobe of choice.

F I L E 3

behaviorism

With his constant thirst for knowledge, new adventures, and good conversation, Max possesses a personality that many can find to be a bit...annoying. He's the type of guy who will start up a conversation with almost anyone, seemingly having no regard for personal space. Additionally, he has a tendency to involve himself in FBI business that is well above his pay grade, attempting to assist in investigations and locating and asking questions of those who are thought to be involved in certain crimes despite being told multiple times that his job is to "take pictures and refrain from sticking his nose where it doesn't belong." Really, he only does this because he likes to feel as if he is assisting in some way, and as if he were a more important part of the team than he often feels in his particular position. Getting involved is also a way, for him, of forgetting, to avoid being left alone in his apartment to wallow in regret over past mistakes. Additionally, the fact that he is constantly involving himself in conversation is due to a true interest in people and a desire to hear their stories.

Max's constant optimism, though somewhat genuine, serves as a partial coverup for a more troubled side of himself. The young man feels that if others knew of the guilt and fear of the future that constantly plagued him, they would find him to be a drag, and thus, he attempts to cover it all up with a sunny and enthusiastic persona, which, ironcally, has a tendency to drive people away due to its intensity. It is also a bit of a self-preservation mechanism; if he can pretend everything is ok, then everything
is ok, at least for a while. As evidenced by his history, Max also suffers from major commitment issues, harboring a great aversion, and even fear, of being tied down or trapped. If one gets to know him, however, is a someone who definitely has his charms. He will often be the first to notice when another is upset, and though he has trouble empathizing, as emotional conversations can often bring him down, he is never shy of an offer to go out and do something to get your mind off of things.

~Photography

~ Science fiction

~ Being kept busy

~ Freedom

~ Alternative music

~ Converse

~ Scarves

~ Cats

~ Coffee

~ Conversation

dislikes

~ Negativity

~ Being held back

~ Shouting/Arguments

~ Slow days

~ Cloudy skies

~ Animal cruelty

~ Meat

~ Being alone

fears

~ Being unneeded or pushed aside

~ Being trapped in any way

~ Enclosed spaces

moral alignment

Chaotic Good

F I L E 4

relationships

familial relations

George and Jane Pierce - his parents; he has cut all ties with them.

Connor Pierce - his younger brother. he calls him sometimes when he knows his parents won't be home.

companions

October Bartholomew - she serves as a sort of mentor to him in the criminal justice field, and is almost like a second mother. he is constantly bringing in food for her.

Reid Lawson - a fellow criminal justice major at the university; the two are very good friends.

neutrality

enemies

romantic attachments

Alice Noles -
severed - she became pregnant with his child when he wasn't ready to settle down. a fierce argument and an abortion later, everything went to shit. they haven't spoken since, and guilt over this plagues him constantly.

F I L E 5

writing sample

Taken from The Butterfly Effect

So after all those years, she still knew him like the back of her hand. He had to give her kudos; her psychological skills, from what little he had seen so far, were top mark. Then again, Jonathan Dyer was an excellent teacher. Lester had come across many stories over the past few years, whether through the television news report or the occasional article on the Internet, of the impressive recent exploits of the man himself and a number of his former students. He'd heard that one of them had become the nation's leading champion in the campaign against ableism and malpractice in mental institutions, as well as for the stricter regulation of the market for psychological drugs. With an education like that under her belt, it only made sense that she would be proficient in her chosen trade. Besides which, even Mordecai knew that he was not exactly the most forgettable person in the world, especially given the run the two of them had shared in high school.

And yet forgotten him she had.

Forgotten, or blatantly ignored. Either way, it made no difference to him, not anymore. What mattered more to him at the moment was her unabashed accusation, her confidence in supposing that she still knew everything about a man with whom she hadn't been in contact with for nine years after reading a simple file and speaking with him for a grand total of five minutes. Some of what she had observed was correct, yes, enough for him to be impressed, he could venture to say. That he was a man of impulse. That he had killed Christopher Reynolds. The key word within the former admission, however, was
was. This particular characteristic of his she had determined through her knowledge of Mordecai Lester as she had known him in her own experience. As a younger man. He had acted on impulse when, as a teenager, he had done everything possible to gain the attention of a young woman named Iris Mason. He had acted on impulse when, as he was sure she had been informed by October Bartholomew, mutual friend and aforementioned archivist for the city police, he had engaged in college in the use of illegal drugs and constant sexual affairs in an attempt to stabilize his rampant mentality. Then, he had been a boy. Now, he was a man, a man of self-assurance, of calm, as Iris had pointed out (he also did not miss the comparison made between himself and her other "patients." Was that how she saw him now? As just another mentally ill man in need of her professional guidance? Like many other things, though, it mattered not.). Had it been an act of impulse when he had killed Reynolds? Possibly so, but a man was allowed to indulge in old habits every once in a while, wasn't he? No, he wasn't the man Iris Mason remembered. He was colder. Smarter. More formidable. This quality in particular she was about to witness firsthand.

As her final statement settled in the air, in a display of disinterest, Mordecai's gaze traveled down to the manila folder that had been placed upon the table. His file. Everything that the authorities knew of him, whether truth or fabricated, was contained within that folder, as was his partner's information, he imagined. The thought of Peter brought a dry smile to his lips. Possessive as ever, he wouldn't have stood to have any other name listed on that form than his own. He briefly wondered if the man had stopped by his home since he'd been absent. If he had, he was bound to be unhappy about it. He didn't like not being informed of things. But he would get over it.

Have you been seeing anyone else?

The thought was irrelevant. He chose to ignore it.

"I have to say," he began after a few moments' silence, turning his focus back to the woman sitting across from him. "Your manners have slipped since I saw you last. You cut all communication with a man for nine years, and the first thing you do upon seeing him again is accuse him of being a murderer." The statement was not delivered with any hint of hurt, or self-pity. It was spoken as a fact, and a humorous one, at that. "A man grows up a bit, gains some confidence, becomes more distant, and all of a sudden he's fit to be a cold-blooded killer. Sometimes I feel like you psychologists are just looking for a bit of excitement.

On the topic of psychology, by the way," he continued, sitting up in his chair and folding his hands on top of the table, "did you know that I studied my fair share of it in college? Slept with the professor, in fact, on a near nightly basis for two years running."

The words that escaped his mouth surprised him. Was it an attempt to provoke emotion in the woman? He didn't know, but what he did know was that he did not need emotion. He would have to be more careful.

"But I digress. What I mean by that is, I can read you almost as well as you think you can read me. Is that guilt I see on your face? You do well to hide it, of course, but it's there. What ever are you feeling guilty over, my dear? Your words are confident, yes, but you yourself...well, let's just say that you're quite obviously lacking in that area. Why, you can't even look me in the eye."

This final observation was made slowly and deliberately, and by the end of it, he had moved forward, closing the distance between them enough that their noses were only about three inches apart.

So that she couldn't help but meet his gaze.

"Do you see anything, Iris? Are these the eyes of a killer?"

After a few long seconds, he pulled away, satisfied.

"I was told I would be questioned. If you have no questions to ask, then can we please call it a night? As I said before, I'm a busy man."

Just as I'm sure you've been busy, all this time.

F I L E 6

theme song

- Seether

miscellaneous

~ he runs track at the university

~ he is a proud vegan

vehicle

A bicycle is generally Max's preferred mode of transportation. For longer distances, he drives an old pick-up truck that he got from his father.

20ij5t5.jpg

THE

FEDERAL

BUREAU

OF

INVESTIGATION

CHARACTER

SHEET

OCTOBER BARTHOLOMEW

tumblr_n81efhXUfO1s4c9hyo2_500.jpg
tumblr_n81efhXUfO1s4c9hyo3_500.jpg
tumblr_n81efhXUfO1s4c9hyo7_500.jpg
tumblr_n81efhXUfO1s4c9hyo8_500.jpg

THE ARCHIVIST

OVERVIEW

name

october rae bartholomew

alias: galahad : charlie lerone

gender identity

she/her/they/them

cisgender

sexual orientation

pansexual

birthdate

october 11th

position

archivist/special agent

REQUISITE

hair

coarse, brown, and naturally curly.

eyes

brown

height

5'11

weight

134 lbs.

ethnicity

jamaican

birthplace

port antonio, jamaica

clothing preference

y.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-04-16-at-5.33.16-PM.png

y.jpg

y.jpg

IN-DEPTH

behaviorism

Although October is deaf, she is certainly not lacking when it comes to intelligence. The woman has not worked for her position only to tolerate being pitied and/or looked at as if she is a sob story and she certainly does not appreciate those who refer to her as a "miracle" or treat her as if she is a child, October rarely ever converses with those who are unable to sign due to the apparent communication barrier with those who are able-bodied. October is constantly in a state of agitation and she is not polite unless the situation requires formalities, she appreciates those who share an intellectual view on life however her curiosity is rarely satiated and those she gets close to often find themselves being questioned quite often until the woman is satisfied. Somehow, October manages to come off as cynical and generally unapproachable despite rarely ever talking and due to the copious amount of apologies given to her by random strangers, she has developed a sharp tongue and a tendency to inwardly belittle others despite having just met them. In short, October is an unpleasant person due to years of constantly being exposed to teasing and petty attempts to befriend another only to find that said person has merely done it "for her benefit."

lifestyle

Sound. It has always been a recurring theme in the scheme of October's life, ever since the young woman was introduced to the world on a bitter and cold night on October 11th, she was already comforted by the sharp and prominent noise that met her upon birth. As a child, October was quiet and calm, enraptured by the commotion which seemed to embrace her from where she lay in her crib, a small child who was completely embedded into the muffled cacophony of noise right outside her window. The city seemed to stir to life at night, the steady 'click' of heels against pavement, a faint and whimsical tune emanating from an unknown source, and the tinkling laughter of the woman next door. It was all a mystery to the child, a mystery that demanded to be unraveled and one that would eventually be solved as the girl grew older and time dragged on. October's parents, Malik and Alethia, both hailed from Port Antonio in Jamaica and were residing in California temporarily on visas (which would be solidified after the birth of October) and both worked tirelessly in order to provide for their child. Things weren't entirely easy for October seeing as she did not often get what she wanted however she learned how to cope with the lack of gifts on Christmas or the steady depletion of food within their refrigerator. It seemed as if the Bartholomew family was getting along slowly but steady and Alethia was quite an optimistic woman who taught her child of the values of love and communication, introducing her to books that detailed the lives of people that had come before them (which would be an important factor in October's life the more she aged.) October admired her parents, often finding herself wanting to be like them and taking pride in the notion of her parents being determined enough to raise their child in such a large city. Although Malik despised the notion of his daughter taking pride in their current state of poverty, he often allowed her to come alongside him to work at the museum he was employed at. By the age of 14, October was able to earn an allowance by spending her weekends at the local museum to assist the employees in cleaning up.

It was there that she made a friend, a man who was significantly older than her although friendly enough to bring her small gifts whenever he visited. The man later revealed himself to be named Aaron and October found herself looking forward to the weekend when she could be in the company of the older man, having her mother bake tiny snacks for the both of them. Aaron was there through most of October's life, comforting her on days where she felt particularly down in the dumps and giving her advice when it was needed. October rarely ever found herself making friends at her high school and she appreciated the support given by Aaron, content with having only him as a companion..that was, until he took his leave. It was never directly explained to October as to why Aaron left and her father refused to provide any information to his whereabouts, stating that it was only best that October stopped hanging around men "who were no good for her." The impact that her father's words had on the 16 year old would always be remembered by October and the girl found herself struggling to get through the remainder of the year without the benefit of a friend who was there for her like Aaron had previously been.

At the age of 17, October lost sound. It was as if the world had been there one second and gone the next, one step into the street was all it took. One drunken driver was all it took. And just like that, October would never hear again. The young woman found herself in a hospital surrounded by nurses and the familiar face of her parents, she also found that although their mouths were moving she was unable to hear what they appeared to be saying. At that moment, every hope and aspiration the girl had swirled down the drain along with what remained of her happiness. Through spotty communication and scraps of paper, October learned that she had gotten into a fatal car crash which had killed the driver and left her with the loss of her hearing. The emotions which presented themselves were the unbearable sadness and the overwhelming anger which seemed to well up inside of her only to be tamped down by October's need to return home. This request was denied and October was held captive in a hospital room for 2 weeks, leaving her alone to ponder the comfort of death. Upon her return home, things changed for the worse. Her father and mother scrounged up money in order to pay for ASL classes which were required in order for her to graduate and the crippling weight of hospital bills left in October's wake changed the dynamic of the household severely. No longer would October be able to hear her mother's soft drawl, no longer would October be able to hear the rain against her window, no longer would she be able to hear what she had loved so much. She was alone, left to work through her medical condition on her own despite the presence of her parents. Although October was deaf, she knew enough to know that her parents argued when they assumed she was not around and although she still was able to pick up on the vibrations which were prominent around her, she still had a long ways to go before she was able to grasp what was being said.

ASL was complicated in its own right however October managed to push aside the pit of sadness which had overtaken her and memorize the lessons given to her for the sake of parents and herself. By the time of graduation, October still had yet to master sign language although she was further than most would have been in such a position. Instantly, the divide between her and those who were able-bodied seemed to appear from nowhere, October could plainly see it on the pitiful looks sent in her direction by her own parents and it didn't take long for the young woman to become bitter over the thought of being pitied, pushing away anyone who dared get close to her and avoiding contact with her mother and father at all costs. Malik and Alethia had barely grasped the courses given to them by the educator who had been teaching October however they tried their best only to face the utter hatred which had been seized by their daughter. October was vulnerable and constantly irritable, refusing any assistance offered to her and spending a good portion of her time locked up in her room in order to study. With a heavy heart, Malik and Alethia said farewell to their child once October was accepted to American Intercontinental University, hoping that their daughter would be able to survive on her own. Surprisingly, October was. Although the girl was stubborn, she was determined and she worked twice as hard in order to achieve her goal of mastering ASL and making it out of college. On her 21st birthday, October returned to her parents to temporarily check up on them and was somewhat happy when they expressed regret over the constant bickering which had occurred after the girl's incident, October's 21st was spent with her parents and she was more than satisfied upon her return to her dorm, a renewed confidence returning. The 21 year old maintained her grades despite her classes being altered due to her deficiency and she found that it was somewhat easier for the remaining two years that she stayed in College, her intrigued peaking in criminal justice once she turned 23. All in all, October graduated from college and earned her degree despite being deaf, the moment was short-lived once she was informed by her parents that many people did not hire those who were deaf.

October set out the prove them wrong. By saving up her money doing jobs which required little to no communication, October was able to purchase a telecommunications relay service which helped greatly when she was meant to converse with those who could hear and did not know ASL. Medical care was little to none due to the barrier between doctors who were unable to sign to October and the woman taught herself the tedious process of self-diagnosis. During her search for a job revolving around the legal system, by some amount of luck, October found one that suited her well. An archivist. Specifically, an archivist for the FBI. The job did not require socialization with others (unless specified) and October found herself applying for the position. It was weeks later that she was able to come in for an interview with a request for an interpreter and after an extensive background check and half a month of training, October got the position. The job did not require much and October was pleased to find that she rarely had to interact with those around her.

Although October did not know it, her accomplishments were quite impressive. A woman who lost her hearing and somehow was able to get a job working at the FBI, a job that she would maintain for quite a long time.

+candy

+museums

+dusty books

+small spaces

+spiders

+caffeine

+intellect

+pizza

dislikes

-pity

-eye contact

-illiteracy

-signing

-physical exertion

-nightmares

fears

*not being able to do something because of her disability

*being looked at as inferior

*dying alone

no slide
no slide

RELATIONSHIPS

relationships

familial relations:

companions:

neutrality:

enemies:

romantic attachments:

2por6ki.jpg

seis.gif

you smashed a glass into pieces

that's around the time I left

and you were coming across as clever

then you lit the
wrong end of your cigarette
tumblr_mt4xs81EtQ1s5jjtzo1_r2_500.gif

m i r e l l e | s a n t o s

2rqkagy.jpg

GyMOfu2.png
· n a m e ·

mirelle santos | chief | zeus

· a g e ·

· d o b ·

11/10/87

· g e n d e r · i d e n t i t y ·

genderfluid; she, her, he, him, they, them

· s e x u a l · a t t r a c t i o n ·

panromantic asexual

· p o s i t i o n ·

head of the fbi - director
RaJjH5c.png
⋅ h a i r ⋅

ebony

⋅ e y e ⋅ p i g m e n t a t i o n ⋅

chocolate

⋅ h e i g h t ⋅

5’9”

⋅ w e i g h t ⋅

120 lbs

⋅ r a c e ⋅

black

⋅ b i r t h p l a c e ⋅

the philippines

⋅ b u i l d ⋅

mesomorphic; svelte, slim, and fit

⋅ a t t i r e ⋅

conventional business attire, with no gender preference; her wardrobe ranges from striped pencil skirts to fitted suits and everything in between.
yYdt90A.png
⋅ b e h a v i o r i s m ⋅

Ever since she was thrust into the world of paperwork and decisions that is the Head of the FBI’s, Mirelle’s been forced to find equilibrium in the components of her persona, a balance between conflicting traits and emotions. Too strict and she seems abusive, or unapproachable. Too lenient and they don’t take her seriously. Too happy and she doesn’t look like she’s taking the job seriously. Too upset and it looks like she can’t handle the job.

Too indifferent and they forget her.

When one is always the center of attention, always the one to make judgement calls, always struggling with the weight of the nation on their very shoulders, it’s easy to find aspects of their life to complain about. Mirelle, however, having established a firm hatred for whining due to its inability to achieve anything, has bottled up her negative emotions, effectively souring her disposition at the workplace. The 29-year-old has a very low tolerance for ill-performing agents, and does not believe in second chances; once even the smallest weakness in exposed to the enemy, the entire team suffers, and to allow that to happen again would be simply foolish. The FBI has no place for those with softness in their hearts. As she’s told her agents again and again: Just when you think it’s safe to let your guard down, the universe bites you in the back to remind you why you always had it up.

To compensate for her lack of leniency, Mirelle makes sure to reward those who rise above the rest and excel in their field; the recruits may not know it, but she watches them very closely, and is more aware of their conversations - especially ones about her - than they would like to think. Her intentions are never malicious, of course, but instead stem from a place of maternal love. Each of her agents have proven their loyalty in one way or another to her and gained her trust: something she doesn’t simply hand out, especially after The Incident. Nonetheless, she trusts the FBI’s specialized team of field agents, analysts, and interns - well, perhaps not the interns just yet - with her life, even if it never seems so.

In an effort to maintain some facade of control over her agents, Mirelle will always be harsh with them, even to those that she’s grown closest to. She very rarely shares her feelings or anything of the like within the confines of FBI Headquarters, but that does not negate the possibility of such conversation occurring outside of work. She finds that she finishes work most efficiently in the company of others, so when she has leftover paperwork, she frequents the house of her closest friends, often passing out on their couch late into the night. Mirelle refuses herself even the most harmless of fun, requiring the help of friends to release the omnipresent tension in her shoulders and let her hair loose every now and then. She feels as though she has no choice but to listen to them - after all, if it hadn’t been for their constant support in the aftermath of The Incident, she very well might not be standing here today.

⋅ l i k e s ⋅

- a smoke a day

- sprite

- the notion of a serious relationship

- shattering gender norms

- the wellbeing of her agents

⋅ d i s l i k e s ⋅

- being by herself

- deprivation of her independence

- insubordination / disrespect

- pride

- gender stereotypes, preconceived notions about what is considered “normal” attire for women, and vice versa

- ignorance, bigotry, and intolerance towards sexuality, religion, gender, and all the like

- coffee

⋅ f e a r s ⋅

- losing her loved ones, including her agents

- never finding justice for her sister

⋅ a l i g n m e n t ⋅

good -- until she finds the man that stole her sister from her.

6s6tneO.png
· t h e · i n c i d e n t ·

Annette Santos was a kind girl. No, she was more than kind. She was compassionate, loving, sincere - beautiful, inside and out. She could light up a room with simply her presence, and saw only the best in people. Anyone who crossed her path found themselves infatuated with her character - and who could blame them? Annette was the poster child for good citizenship, a model student, and quintessentially every mother’s dream daughter.

And so, when a bullet straight to the head sent her into an irreversible coma, it took everyone by surprise. Despite the police’s pleading, no one in their small community could even fathom why this angel of a girl had been shot - why a military-style bullet had followed her into an alleyway, zeroed in on her, and silenced her for good. Of course, the police didn’t make it very far into their investigation before the FBI entered the picture and forced them to hand the case over. The community knew it had nothing to do with the fact that gang-involvement was more than a mere possibility in this case. They’d taken on the case because a someone new was calling the shots - someone hell bent on bringing justice to her sister’s murderer.

Days later, the community had heard nothing from the FBI, however - no interviews, no phone calls, no bright yellow tape or nosy agents. No one but a distraught older sister, arranging afternoon coffees with the victim’s closest friend, digging and digging for answers but finding only dead ends. She wore not her Federal Bureau of Investigation jacket, wore not her badge - she asked questions and followed leads not as an officer of the law or the Head of the FBI, but as nothing more than a sister. And just as she’d begun to lose hope, she hit gold. A gang by the name of Obitus, notorious for heinous crime and the corruption of law enforcers, claimed sudden responsibility for the murder of Annette Santos, goading Mirelle to strike a deal with Nox - a lesser criminal organization in the city of Chicago, known for their Robin Hood-like intentions behind each law broken, and Obitus’s worst rivals. Mirelle has allowed certain crimes of theirs to pass under the radar in return for resources - information, contacts, aid, and most of all, information regarding the murder of Annette.

What Mirelle doesn’t know is that, when dealing with gangs, nothing is ever cut and dried.

· s k i l l s ·

· observation and the detection of microexpressions

· adaptation; “going grey”

· mediation

· improvisation

· developing thorough plans of action

· multilinguality

· h a b i t s ·

· smoking

· pacing when deep in thought

⋅ r e l a t i o n s h i p s ⋅

f a m i l i a l

devin williams - father, 24, deceased

dionne santos - mother, 48

annette santos - sister, 25, irreversible comatose

c o m p a n i o n s

october bartholomew - closest friend and confidante

n e u t r a l i t y

nox - she may have agreed to an affiliation with them, but at the end of the day, she has no reason to trust them.

e n e m i e s

obitus - they stole her sister from her, and she’s dedicated every waking moment since to bringing the organization to its knees.

r o m a n c e

n/a

· p o s i t i o n ·

tba

· o f f i c e ·

tba
DevcoYA.png
· v e h i c l e ·

Mirelle’s line of work rewards her well -- she drives a sleek, 6 series, BMW convertible.

· t h e m e ·

[media]

[/media][media]

[/media]
· a d d i t i o n a l · i n f o ·

Mirelle soaks up foreign language like a sponge - she speaks fluent Tagalog, Spanish, French, Arabic, partially-fluent Mandarin, and from the moment she met October, has spent her free time fine-tuning her ASL.

FBISeal.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back