• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Awakening

"I would think wandering was much more complicated, since it would require more work to survive, not to mention fending off monsters and finding food where it was scarce. It must've lonely to simply wander anyway. I always thought only boring old men can live that life, since they have the hallucinations of their past to keep them company to keep them sane." Amara said, leaning on the pod and crossing her arms.

Ione

A confused look formed on Ione’s face as the little white creature smacked its forehead and seemed to groan. ‘Huh, that looks like something I think I would do.’ Ione thought to herself right before the animal seemed to pick up something with its pointed ears. “What? What is it?” she quietly whispered, waiting for the furry thing to take action. While her hearing wasn’t nearly as good as the white one’s, she did notice two sources of sounds that were very faint off in the distance. Both were different but equally strange-sounding.

The snow-white little beast made sounds again at Ione, quickly getting her attention. “Huh?” she breathed before the creature motioned to where the two things making noise would intersect each other. ‘Drat, they’re headed this way.’, Ione concluded before whispering, “Thank you.” to the pale animal.

Ione moved her hands slowly and quietly, slipping them into her boots to grab the daggers inside each shoe. Without a sound, she slipped the bladed objects into her hands and held them close to her chest, taking a defensive stance. ‘I don’t know what’s out there…I have to be prepared to defend myself.’ she justified to herself, while slowly rising from the stump she was sitting on into a standing position. A short distance away, where the animal has wandered off to, Ione picked up another sound. This time, it was uncomfortably close. She couldn’t see what it was through the thicket of trees, but a small sound came through. It was the fuzzball, and by the sound if its cry, the thing that was close by wasn’t really a threat. Ione was still fairly cautious, though. But then again, whatever was out there had no chance of winning a fight with this halfling and the pale-furred mighty creature.

Altan

The all-encompassing landscape of dead, mangled trees made Altan sigh a sigh of despair. “Damn, does this place look so…so…” he trailed off, unable to think of a strong enough word for it. He would have said foreboding, but that was putting it lightly. For the past few minutes, he had tried to probe his brain for any traces of memories…but had come up empty-handed. “Ugh, why can’t I remember anything?!” Altan mumbled to himself before he slammed his fist down on the heavy metal doors and let out an angry shout to the empty environment.

He just sat there, wallowing in his despair for another few minutes before finally getting up. Altan stood and brushed off his shoulders. ‘What do I do now?’ he pondered to himself, ‘I can’t just stay here, I’ll starve.’. The possibility of abandoning the only shelter that he knew of would be foolish and dangerous, but he had to go. “Alright feet, let’s get moving.” Altan said flatly before he set off in a random direction, making mental notes of what the trees looked like near his hideout so he could find his way back.

Eventually the ground beneath Altan’s feet slowly took on a sandy texture but was just as desolate as the gnarled tree forest. It concerned the man a little bit, but he had to map out his surroundings if he was to survive. ‘Maybe there’s food around here or something. Man, I could go for a snack.’ he pondered as he visually explored the area. The only thing he could see was a lump of something out in the distance. As Altan headed closer and closer to that object, it was apparent that there was a cave with a large rock in front of it. There were a couple of other objects, but they were too blurry to identify. Thinking that this was the perfect shelter for now, Altan trudged onward in the direction of the cave.

"Wandering only gets complicated when you make it complicated." He was getting backed in a corner, mentally at any rate. How did she not notice that if he wandered, then why did he have a pod for a bed and the look that it had been used often. Oh well, maybe she was just blind. "And living alone isn't that bad, especially when there are no people snooping around your stuff and asking questions."

"I think it would be more likely to have your stuff looked through when you wander. More chances of meeting people who don't know about the concept of personal space and follow the doctrine of curiosity more closely than that of the norms of the social construct. " Amara said, just watching 'Gordon' now. He didn't seem to have anything of interest in the pod.

Ah crap. Coran had overestimated this stranger. The being had clearly not seen Coran, that was, until Coran himself gave his position away by meowing like a nincompoop. Ras may have continued telling himself off, except that the stranger had suddenly cried out and nearly fallen. It was hard to feel intimidated by the easily spooked... angel, Coran suddenly realized. General knowledge didn't tell him if all angels were quite as off-balanced as this one was, but he did recall that they were overall benevolent creatures.

It was the only reason didn't jump back out of the angel's range when he attempted to pet Coran. It felt... wrong to act defensively against a creature in such a pitable state. Nevertheless, Coran tensed when he felt the hand touch his fur. He was still cautious, ready to swipe at the angel if his general knowledge, combined with his gathered intel, proved him wrong, but he doubted it.

Ears perking, Coran caught sound from behind. The scent of the someone was familiar, ah, it was the purple lady from earlier. Coran made sure not to turn his head so that he didn't give her position away.

"Prrr..." Who was making that strange purring noise? Oh. Crap. It was himself.

Craig smiled as he felt the soft fur. After the whole ordeal of hopping along in the freezing cold with a broken ankle (even though that ordeal was entirely caused by Craig himself), it was nice getting shown some kindness from the cat. "What are you doing out here all by yourself?" Craig cooed, scooting closer to the cat. He let his guard down so he could get more comfortable, moving his bottom half under him so at least they had a chance of becoming a bit warmer.

"If you're a wild cat, I can't see why you haven't attacked me yet," Craig chuckled, too comfortable with the 'wild' animal. "And if you have an owner, I can't see why you'd be here by yourself! Don't cats stay where it's warm anyway?" He didn't know why exactly he was tlaking to a cat, but it kept him sane as the cold washed over his wings. They already began to feel stiff. Even if Craig wanted to fly, he knew he wouldn't be able to- his wings were way to cold to beat fast enough. He didn't think about that now, though, he just was content with his new-found cat friend.

"Such as what you just did. Yes, I've met a few." he replied. "Tell me again (if she already told him), how did you get to be here again?"

Amora hesitated. Should she trust him with her backstory even though this Gordon obviously wasn't being truthful with her? She decided not to tell the truth; might as well protect the little memory she did have left. "I'm looking for someone." She said, trying to fabricate an easily remembered lie.

"Mrow," Coran replied. I do prefer warm areas, actually, he agreed with the angel. Who was standing in and odd way, as it were, but that wasn't surprising considering the Cait Sith could smell the injury off the being. Not the mention his body temperature didn't feel right, as if part of Coran remembered what a normal body temperature coming off another entity should feel like. Speaking of warm places, we probably have to get to one soon... Coran thought of the bunker-esque place where he'd come from, but going there felt like it'd be taking 'two steps back'.

An idea suddenly occurred to him. Coran shot his head towards the direction of one of the tall trees. That'd give me a good vantage. "M'ow," he meowed pointedly, tapping a forepaw onto the snow, a motion that was supposed to mean 'stay here.' With that, Coran raced up the tree behind him, the one that seemed to be the tallest of the lot, at least in this area.

Craig didn't really understand the cat, so he felt sad to think that the cat just ran away from him. Oh well, he thought, sinking back into the snow. At least it was nice for a short while. He leaned against the tree, feeling stiff and frigid. It didn't feel like he could move much anymore, much less move quickly enough to escape an attacker. The drive to survive had disappeared as he closed his eyes, promising himself only a nap.

Coran cautiously put one furry paw in front of the other, using his tail to stay balanced. The further he went out onto the branch, the thinner it got. I'll stop here, any farther and... Dull gold eyes focused ahead. He was above many of the trees now, and could see far... but still, the trees obscured his view to the ground below, so if there was anything, such as a cluster of homes or a city gate, it was not something he'd be able to see... Wait... that's... It was, it had to be! Steam, or smoke, multiple thin streams rising from some unknown location. This didn't guarantee civilization, but this was the best Coran had to go on. And he was willing to go for it. He spent a moment more surveying the area, coming up with nothing, before backing away from the branch back to the trunk.

Getting down was harder than climbing up, but Coran managed to make it by jumping from one branch to another. Eventually, he hit the lowest branch, and jumped off, landing safely on the snowy ground. "M'ow," he announced his success to the angel he'd left earlier... raising his head, Coran saw the being leaning against the trunk of a tree, eyes closed. Oh crap... Trotting with haste, he approached the angel and then swiftly, suddenly jumped onto his shoulder. "Meow?" Lifting a paw pad, he squished it against the angel's face. Cold. Way too cold. That wasn't good, not at all. Even if Coran could get the angel to wake up, what were the chances he'd have the strength to walk to the presumed city?

I'll take him there, Coran decided. There wasn't much choice, in his mind. Leaving this pretty much harmless entity to freeze to death, that wasn't an option. Jumping off the angel's shoulder, he shifted out of his cat form into his humanoid form- "Cold! That's cold!" the clotheless Cait Sith shivered before quickly turning back, Bad idea! ...Now what? ...I need my clothes. It'd be an easy enough trek back, he could just follow his own scent trail to it. I'll have to be fast... He gave the freezing angel one long look, but there was nothing more he could do right now. Knowing this, Coran turned and bolted, racing through the snow with the speed gifted to his kind.

[ugh, since I pretty much ruined our part of the story, I'm just going to repost without the awkward messup xD This is the best I can do without further confusing myself lawl]

"And if this civilization is hostile?" asked Rae, pointing out a potential flaw in Ryoto's plan. Though, in all aspects she could not quite think of any other way to move forward. Survival was important, of course, but it seemed that gaining knowledge of the current state of the world was a vital key in solving this existential puzzle they had found themselves in.

(Not to worry)

"Then...well we'll deal with that when we come to it." Ry sighed at his stupid plan. "Only use for if necessary." He looked at his handgun, tail flickering and ears twitching.

"I wish we knew more about...us..." He immediately found a flaw in that statement. "But then we probably wouldn't be in this mess..." He sighed again and decided to shut up for a while, nothing he was saying made sense to him anyway.

DanDanDan said:
"I think it would be more likely to have your stuff looked through when you wander. More chances of meeting people who don't know about the concept of personal space and follow the doctrine of curiosity more closely than that of the norms of the social construct. " Amara said, just watching 'Gordon' now. He didn't seem to have anything of interest in the pod.
"You mean like what you were just doing right now? It's a hazard." Connor stated matter of factly. She was getting on his nerves, and a twitchy eye was showing it.

Craig stayed still, slowly freezing to death. What he thought was just going to be a short nap was going to lead him ultimately to his death.

"I just came out of a pod, and have no idea where I am." Amara said, crossing her arms and almost ready to lose her cool. "I'm not a traveler by choice, you know. I'd much rather stay in one place, knowing where I was and why as oppose to wander the wilderness and knowing nothing."

Last edited by a moderator:
Huffing, breath leaving his mouth in puffs of steam, a fully clothed, humanoid Coran halted his hurried run right in front of the freezing angel. "Okay-okay-I'm back," he managed to say between gulps of air, "Aaand you've only gotten colder." This wasn't looking good. Coran quickly wiggled out of his many-pocketed white coat. For him, the black turtleneck underneath was all he needed. Now the hard part. With a little bit of maneuvering, he managed to get the coat on the angel. It wasn't much, it probably wouldn't do much, but hopefully it would buy Coran time.

Grabbing the angel by his torso, Coran got the winged being over his shoulder. "Let's get to it," he articulated to no-one in particular. That pronounced, the Cait Sith began a steady jog towards the supposed (by now he was hoping actual) town or city area, angel in tow.

((Crap, I had completely spaced this RP...thanks, you failure of a notifications function))

Ione

With her bladed weapons in hand, Ione focused her hearing on the area the little white furry thing ran off to. Her body was coiled and ready to strike if the animal let out a cry of pain. Moments turned into minutes as the halfling waited for some brawl that would never come. Since no sign of danger was apparent, Ione took it as a sign that maybe everything was alright. But there was this foreboding feeling in the back of her mind, making Ione cautious about approaching the area where she supposed the animal went off to.

The purple-tinted woman took a cautious step towards the place where her animal acquaintance scampered off to, and found her footsteps were hard to keep completely silent because of the crunching of the snow underfoot. 'Curse this cold white stuff...why does it have to be so noisy?!' she thought as she tip-toed her way towards the critter. A few more semi-silent steps were taken before Ione came upon the only other living she had seen previously. She felt a moment of relief before something caught her eye, something that didn't belong. Ione's eyes grew wide and she gasped as she held her twin blades close to her chest, ready to strike in case the winged figure decided to make a move.

Craig was barely even moving, the cold already eating away at the little warmth he had left. His heart beat was slowing and his wings began to curl towards himself. He was starting to get a thin veneer of frost over his pale skin, And his breath was shortening. Even if he wanted to react to the strange woman, he wouldn't able to. He was still blissfully unaware as he slept.

((I'm thinking this is before Coran picked Craig up? I'm gonna say Coran is just returning to the scene. Lemme know if I'm mistaken!))

Coran | Cait-Sith | Humanoid Form

| Snowy Forest |

Huffing, breath leaving his mouth in puffs of steam, a fully clothed, humanoid Coran halted his hurried run right in front of the freezing angel. "Okay-okay-I'm back," he managed to say between gulps of air, "Oh-crap." In his haste, the Cait-Sith had completely forgotten to consider the purple being in his equation.

The presumed Halfling had her blades out, and from the way she held them, they certainly weren't for show. "Hold on, hold on," Coran put his hands up to chest level, shaking them in hopes to show that he wasn't a threat. The moon-white haired male glanced over at the freezing Angel. And then back at the purple lady. She had seemed a calm sort of being when he'd spoken to her, perhaps she wasn't looking to attack, rather being cautious?

"I'm just trying to get him to the town, looks like the cold and the injury is getting to him," Coran blurted out. He may not have his memories, but this made him certain he had been no negotiater.

Ione

The purple halfling quietly approached the winged being just as another male was entering the area, but the small furry creature was nowhere to be found…needless to say, this both puzzled and worried Ione. But as the white-haired man threw his hands up and reassured that he was not a threat, she slowly lowered her blades, hoping he was being sincere. ‘I wonder where that animal went off to…I’d hate to leave it out here in the cold, poor little thing!’ Ione pondered as she sheathed her weapons.

Another thing that worried Ione was the newcomer’s distressing outburst, indicating that the other being was injured. “He’s hurt?” she softly spoke, her voice was a silky, slightly deeper than average tone. It had a mature, soothing motherly sound to it too. “I would help you, but…” she trailed off, looking around for any sign of the white animal she had encountered earlier, “…but I can’t leave this place, not yet. Um, have you seen a small, white animal with a tail and pointy ears about this big?”. She indicated the length and height of the creature, hoping that the thing actually existed and wasn’t a figment of her imagination. Who knows what that extended stay in the pod had done to her brain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back