• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ave atque vale.

hidden scrolling/accordions

every soul within the shadow world has been affected by recent events. countless downworlders have been slain during the uprising started by valentine morgenstern only decades later being left to suffer in the hands of his son in the dark war--sebastian morgenstern--who was ten times worst.

families were torn, alliances were broken. after figuring out that the seelie queen had been working with sebastian the entire time, the fair folk were shunned by the other species. the clave had kicked the fey representative off of the council and enforced a new law called the cold peace.

the cold peace was written as the following: faeries--from both seelie and non-seelie courts--are to pay for damage caused during the dark war for the loss of nephilim and downworlder life as their result of attacks on institutes and betrayal. they are no longer allowed to have armed knights and army, and any fey found with a weapon without prior permission from the clave is to be rightfully punished. furthermore, any relations or communications found with the fey and any other downworlder (without permission from the clave) will result in executions in both parties. some said that the new law was unfair, but others were in favor of it, their fear and anger clouding their judgement.

five years passed, with the cold peace still intact. after the law was installed, the seelie queen was no where to be found, nor heard of. and the unseelie king, remained grew furious. he swore that the law was unfair and that we would get his vengeance for the wrong that the nephilim and allying downworlders caused on his people. he said it, and while most believed that he wouldn't succeed or was just bluffing, many forgot that seelies were incapable of lying.

in recent chaotic events, the seelie queen had finally appeared. she called a meeting with the council. she'd been having dreams, she said. dreams of a war. a war with the blood of werewolves, vampires, nephilim, and warlocks, as well as fey, spilled. "the worst war that nor this generation and the generation of your ancestors have ever seen", she said. but no one believed her. pity. they should have....

all the stories are true.
so basically, the story will take place five years after the cold war and the setting will be in current times, los angeles, california. the unseelie king's threat will finally take place and will be a surprise to everyone (or at least most people). the rp will take place sometime before the war, and during the war. the shadow world will pretty much be in chaos and every specie is going to try defending themselves. the roleplay will start during the meeting the seelie queen will have called for.

this roleplay will be based on the mortal instruments & infernal devices series by cassandra clare, as well as the television show and movie adaptations. i will include everything you need to know in the lore, so having prior knowledge to the books/show/movie is not required to join this roleplay.

there'll be roles to keep there being an overflow of a single specie, and you can reserve a role as long as you have your biography finished within 3 days of reserving the role. if your biography is not finished within three days of reserving the role, then the role will automatically be open again.

my co-gm is tsuneni tsuneni . please respect her and be kind. if you have any questions you can equally come to either me or her.

roles:

shadowhunters:
1 - taken | Unrlstic Unrlstic
2 - open
3 - (optional)

warlocks:
1 - taken | boyguro boyguro
2 - open
3 - optional

seelie court:
1 - open
2 - open
3 - (optional)

unseelie court:
1 - open
2 - open
3 -optional

vampires:
1 - open
2 - open
3 - optional

werewolves:
1 - open
2 - open
3 - optional

you are allowed two characters but not two of the same specie.

Last edited:
tumblr_oqcr06RSU31vx33n6o1_250.png
85bd7b9d2005181f60c52e144ecaee90--nancy-wheeler-aesthetic-queenie-goldstein-aesthetic.jpg
tumblr_oqcr06RSU31vx33n6o1_250.png
85bd7b9d2005181f60c52e144ecaee90--nancy-wheeler-aesthetic-queenie-goldstein-aesthetic.jpg
"blessed are the warriors."

time: 7pm night | location: sacremento institute

The halls of the Sacremento Institute overflowed with people. Shadowhunters, Warlocks, Vampires, Werewolves, and Seelies all alike crowded with one another as their gazes fixed to the front. It'd been five years since the Dark War. Five years since the Seelie Queen went into hiding and no one hadn't heard nor seen her. And now here she was, standing gracefully in front of the Sacremento Institute--which was the biggest nephilim institute but also now abandoned after getting attacked during the Dark War--seemingly taking in all of the attention that she received. She was beautiful, as always, possessing the mien of an angel, but the angel knew that she had the heart of a demon. No one forgot whose side she chose during the Dark War. And now that the Clave had temporarily permitted in and out access to all faeries after news of the Seelie Queen's request for a meeting blew up in every corner of the Shadow World, there seemed to be even more tension than anything.

Important members of the Clave and a couple of Shadowhunter guards stood behind the Seelie Queen. Consul Jia Penhallow stood up and cleared her throat. She'd been one of the members who voted against the Cold Peace, and yet, standing besides the Queen of the Fey Folk, she still seemed uneasy. "Excuse me. Welcome. Many of you may have heard the past few weeks of the Seelie Queen's return, and I'm sure you've all been wondering what she's been wanting to say. We all have. It's obvious that tensions are still strong, and while the Cold Peace is still intact and only temporarily waved off, I ask for everyone's respect and attention," Jia stepped back and gestured for the Seelie Queen to take her place. "You may speak."

The chattering ceased, and it seemed as if all breathing did too. The Seelie Queen swiftly took Jia's place with a respectful nod. For a moment, the Queen did not speak. Her face showed no sign of expression and if she was mad or scared, it didn't show. And then as if on cue, she began,"I wonder now, as I watch you all, how many of you would like to kill me. And I know, that if there was a chance, most of you would grab it. Though, at the end of today, at the end of this meeting, I have no doubt that we'd all be working together as allies."

A shout emerged from the crowd, "Someone just kill her already!" And another, "She's a murderer and deserves to be executed!"

At that, Inquisitor Lightwood stood up and with his deep hoarse voice, said, "This is a formal meeting. No one will be killing anyone. If you cannot contain yourself, you will be asked to leave. And If you cannot follow that, then you will be forced to leave. I hope the both of you, as well as anyone else who wishes to speak up out of turn, obliges to those rules."

The Seelie Queen smiled seeming unaffected by the recent death threats and continued. "I have dreams. And more often than not, my dreams come true whether sooner or later. I fear that there will be a war coming. A war with the bloodshed of Downworlders and Shadowhunters. A war darker than the dark war, much more darker. I fear that no one, other than my kind, will survive."

"If what you say is true, and your kind is the only one to survive, then why are you telling us this?" said Jia Penhallow

"You and I know very well, that my kind cannot lie. Of course what I say is true. And because, I said my kind, not my people. The war in my dreams is between the Unseelie King and everyone else. He's angry. He's been angry. He hates the Cold Peace and ever since the treaty was passed as a law, he's sworn his vengeance. On everybody. Including my court. He wants to kill everyone in the Shadow World, especially the nephilim, and he's always hated me, so my people are not at his mercy, regardless of our same blood."

"Why are you telling us this? You also hate the Cold Peace. What's in this for you?"
Magnus Bane, the high warlock of Brooklyn as well as the warlock representative intervened. He had a point. The Seelie Queen never bargained without something in return.

"I want us to work together. My people as a whole are weak. Alone, everyone single one of us are weak. The Unseelie King is not a man to underestimate, nor is he stupid. If he calls a war against everyone, it means that he knows he has a plan big enough to defeat us all. If we all work together, I am positive that we have a chance of defeating him. And you're right, Magnus. I do want something. After the war, I want the Cold Peace to be over. I want my kind to have access in and out of our realm as we please, and for my kind to be treated fairly and not humiliated and insulted wherever we go. I want my seelie knight Fabian to be a seelie representative on the council."

"That's preposterous! You're crazy if you think that we'd wave off the treaty. You betrayed us! You had my son killed! Your people, are not to be trusted!" shouted Heidi Lonebrook, new head of the Bangkok institute.

Jia stood up and flashed Heidi a glare. She held up her hand, and focused her attention back to the Seelie Queen. "This war...how close do you feel that it might occur?"

The Seelie Queen turned to Jia, "I'm not sure, exactly. But It feels as If it might happen very so--" and she was cut off by gasps among the crowd. Blood began spilling out of the mouth of the Seelie Queen. She looked down to see an arrow sticking out from her stomach and seconds later fell down dead. Jia Penhallow took out her blade, and soon enough, the institute halls were filled with glowing weapons, fangs, growls, and colors that resembled a warlock's magic.

From the entrance came out the Unseelie King. His infamous face, half pleasure and half monstrous. He smiled and let out a laugh, a huge axe in his hand. Behind him were Unseelie warriors and knights. "I've been waiting forever to do that. Thank you all, for being here to witness this eventful moment." he smirked. His smirk soon faded and turned into a frown. Not a sad one. But a vicious one. He raised up his axe and as if on cue, his warriors rushed in, their weapons ready in hand with only chaos on their minds.......

Last edited:
Juniper
of the Unseelie court

scroll down

outfit
The day's events had been a flurry of colors and sounds. After she visited her old friend's grave she returned home for a little to pack what she needed and headed off to the mundane world. She had made her mind up very quickly to go and so she was left with the morning to roam. She did exactly that.
She wasn't sure if she was to stay at the institute or not so she decided to go to an inn or wherever humans went to stay for a short time. She found one that seemed rather nice and easily whipped up human currency with a spell. She didn't really know the terms for their money so when the lady at the desk asked for 157 she just gave her part of the stack of money with "100" on them. The lady had looked at Juniper with a suspicious glare but that vanished quickly when she saw the money being handed and soon Juniper was warmly given the room key and set off. It seemed like the lady was lying, though. How would this flat rectangular piece of plastic serve as a key?

It took a while to open her door after 10 minutes of waving the "key" around and chanting and even kicking it but she didn't feel like using a spell and was intent on opening it. She finally realized there was a little spot that the card seemed to fit in and with a beep the door allowed her to open it.

Juniper unpacked her clothes and bounced on the bed a couple times before changing her outfit and making sure to make slashes in her shirt for her wings and then glamoured them. She then shoved her room key into her pocket and the money before dashing off. She made note to remember where she was and the Institute before rushing off.

The city was wonderful and Juniper had the excitement of a child. She ran up to shop windows and pressed her face on the glass as she stared at everyone inside. She chased pigeons and nearly flew after them when they took off before she remembered she'd give the mundanes a stroke if she did. She played in fountains and bought Italian shaved ice that was a poor replication but good either way. She crossed the bridge halfway and wanted to jump off that for the fun of it until people started getting out of their cars with worried expressions as Juniper perched on the edge, so she decided that was out of the question.
It started growing dark and Juniper knew she needed to head back to the institute. She wasn't sure if her outfit was appropritate, but it was cute and so she left it at that.

The institute was nice and all but Juniper would much rather be outside. Werwolvs and vampires and other species came filing in and she could feel the tension between herself and others. They all went into another room and Juniper tried to ignore the warlock with the scorpion tail on her right.
Somebody came up to talk and befor Juniper knew it, there was the Queen.
Juniper wanted to throw shaved ice into that perfect face of hers and then bash her into the ground. The queen started talking but Juniper was pretty much lost in daydreams of enacting her revenge. She snapped herself out of it when she heard some angry shouts from her end aimed at the queen including death threats. Juniper smiled at that. She was about to hurl an insult herself until she saw the queen freeze before falling to the ground. Juniper felt a chill crawling up her spine when she saw the haunting face of her father.

She was frozen until his warriors started spilling in. Juniper pulled out her throwing knives from the inside of her jacket and un-glamoured her wings and flew up so she could survey the scene. Sh felt her father's eyes turn on her and Juniper met his gaze across the room. She snarled and everything else faded and it was just another day of yelling at her dad in the throne room. Juniper flew over and pointed to the battle scene behind her.

"What are you doing? The portals are open for us to come here and you decide to bring this shitshow here? You killed the queen for god'sakes! You know why they locked us up in Faerieland? Because they don't trust us downworlders. Now as I look around, I'm not suprised. You absolute cun-" Juniper let out a shriek when a nearby ivy plant had a growth spurt and tangled around her body and wrapped around her wings, causing her to drop. She felt like the ground was kind of cushioned for a few moments until she felt solid ground of the room under her as she writhed.
"I can't hurt you but I can keep you out of my way. You need to learn to stay in your place. What I'm doing is for the good of my people, and that includes you. Be grateful." Juniper heard her father's voice recede and she was aware she was wrapped in vines like a mummy and could only see faint slivers of the commotion going on.
"Cazzo," She said outloud.

A L I C I A G R A Y B O W

SHE BE ALL BUT LITTLE.
attire: X & Y • where: sacremento institute • @spectro
•mood: anxious, jittery, shocked • with: ola •

db4fe58761811dfe1ed2f43fd48c0a90--roses-are-red-black-roses.jpg
18723048_1860563434205377_1342540440959713280_n.jpg
db4fe58761811dfe1ed2f43fd48c0a90--roses-are-red-black-roses.jpg

Alicia Graybow was not a fan of meetings. She was not a patient girl, nor did she enjoy basking in the midst of clave members talking about how they could reopen the shadowhunter academy, and use the mortal cup to recruit new shadowhunters, and repairing damages/reopening institutes that were closed because of the Dark War and etc etc. Usually, when those meetings were mandatory and all shadowhunters were forced to attend--which in Alicia's opinion was very unclassy and cheeky of the clave to do--Alicia would intentionally choose a seat all the way in the back and doze off.

But this was different.

For weeks, the restless shadowhunter became more and more anxious. News of the Seelie Queen's return and request for a assemble among all denizens of the Shadow World buzzed everywhere she went. From missions, to unlawful trips to the Shadow Market, it was the only topic of conversation that Alicia heard about. And soon enough, it stuck onto Alicia's mind like velcro and though she withheld her poised demeanor, internally, all Alicia could think about was of the Seelie Queen and what she could possibly have to say.

This time, Alicia made sure to get a good seat in the front of the institute. She mentally gave herself a pat on the back for being best friends with Ola, who was a warlock. Together, they portalled to the institute. The girls both lived in San Diego, and the drive from San Diego to Sacremento was sure as hell a long one.

They'd been one of the first to arrive, of course, other than the clave members. Alicia clung to her best friend, and linked their arms together. She'd been too anxious that today was finally the day that the Queen of the Fey would finally be speaking that she didn't even bother returning the dirty glares that were flashed towards her and Ola for being such close friends. Though the accords had been formed for over two centuries, older Shadowhunters were still traditional and Shadowhunter/Downworlder mingling in any relationship other than business still agitated a lot of the older Nephilim and they weren't afraid to express it.

As time went by, denizens of all types of species filled the rows and seats. Alicia recognized a couple, but most possessed unfamiliar faces. Eventually, the hall was packed, and the Seelie Queen arrived. It had been as if the angel had swooped in took all away everyone's ability to breath. Alicia was flabbergasted. She'd never seen the Queen in person. She'd seen pictures. Heard descriptions. But in person, the Seelie Queen resembeled a statue of diamonds. She was magnificent, and until the Consul began talking, Alicia had nearly forgotten that underneath all of her beauty was the woman who sided with Sebastian during the Dark War and were part of of the reason why everything she ever truly loved were now gone.

When the Seelie Queen was given a chance to speak, she spoke of the Unseelie King and an upcoming war. There was chatter among the crowd as she continued to talk about allying the seelie army with the other downworlders. Alicia couldn't believe her ears. She as well as everyone else had heard about the Unseelie King's threats for revenge. Alicia knew thst faeries couldn't lie and when they said something they carried out with it, but she never thought that the war would occur this soon. That according to the Seelie Queen, they'd be going through another war even worse than the one they already experienced.

Suddenly, Alicia felt furious. She whispered angrily to Ola who sat with a bewildered-like expression on her face, "How dare she even suggest that we should even consider teaming up with her?! If I could, I'd smack those pretty pearls right off her face!" She'd say more, if it wasn't for the chorus of gasps that she heard in the crowd. Alicia turned to check what the big commotion was. It wasn't until she herself gasped at a now dead Seelie Queen with blood gushing out of her, that instinctively, her graybow sword was out. She turned to her best friend who she knew felt squeamish at the sight of blood, though oddly enough, Ola's white magic had already begun sparking out of her hands. And before both girls knew it, Unseelie warriors came rushing in, Ola's magic sparkled in the air, and Alicia's sword began swinging.

img_4059copia2.jpg

nymphadora. nymphadora. spectro spectro
Sirius knew, or at least thought he knew, that he was right.
The kitchen's floor felt cold under his bare feet, but he was too busy pacing back and forth to mind it; that room was the only one in which Violet's perfume didn't invade everything to distract him. She had stayed over the night before, and the two of them had been blissfully in peace until the shadowhunter started talking of a council he should take part in, then Sirius had simply lost it. The two of theme were too similar when it came to discussions, their aggressive personalities clashing horribly as they both tried to make their point clear. The werewolf didn't want anything to do with the Clave, not after what the Dark War had done to him, Sirius had no intentions of seeing history repeated twice. But his girlfriend was not backing down, and she knew well how to convince him if she wanted to.
"Just come and listen to what they have to say, Sirius." Each syllable echoed in his head, oh, how much he hated compromising.

The downworlder had felt an uneasy sensation since the moment he left his house to reach the Sacremento Institute, and it did not subside in the least after he saw just how many people were attending the council. All kind of downworlders, some he knew and some he didn't, all he cared about was getting this over with. He immediately recognized Violet's blonde hair among a group of shadowhunters, he searched for her eyes but they were directed toward the Seelie queen.
With nothing left to do, Sirius surrendered to listening in on her speech.

Tension started to seize each of his limbs as the word "war" was spoken from the woman's mouth, flashes of Teresa's bloody face being suddenly replaced by Violet's. The shouts of the crowd, the responses of the council became a distant sound while Sirius explored his most vivid nightmares, before gasps in the room had the werewolf snapping his head upward.
His eyes widened, along with everyone else's in the room, at the sight of the dead seelie queen.
"What the.."

He turned around immediately, locking eyes with one of the unseelie warriors. But Sirius moved his glare to the King, who seemed satisfied with his recent actions. When the fairy raised up his axe, Sirius had already turned.

A giant black wolf now stood in his place, amber eyes viciously frowning at the unseelies. He knew this had been a bad idea, and if he were to survive he'd make sure to tell Violet.
A slim unseelie knight charged at him, Sirius effortlessly jumped around him and bit at his arm, and he would have most likely tore it to pieces if not for a sudden slash to his leg which made him retreat by a few steps. He now faced two warriors, but with the help of other werewolves they were out of the way.
Sirius turned around to look for Violet, knowing she'd be fine in the battle but also feeling fear eat at his guts, before seeing something he did not at all like. A warlock a few feet away was obviously taking the upper hand in a fight, but an unseelie warrior was charging behind her with an axe. With a growl, Sirius stopped the unseelie before she reached her target and fought brutally before the fairy took her retreat. Turning his head slightly, he made short eye contact with the warlock before running in another direction, hoping to find Violet.

954b85307f0fb56703997b5e24521923--february--antoine-olivier-pilon.jpg

spectro spectro
Zeno had learned to not be late two hundred years ago. He could still remember the day, unnaturally warm for London, when he had arrived twenty minutes late to the factory he used to work in. Zeno's overseer was waiting with a sneer on his face, and a heavy weight in his hands. All the other children had stopped working the machines to watch the scene, as the nine year old was forced to walk back and forth in the factory, the weight around his neck making him bend his head and look down on the floor, making him an example. Tears had stremed down the boy's face from the pain and the humiliation, and from then on he tended to arrive perfectly on time. Centuries had passed but Zeno's vivid memory wasn't always of help, so the day of the council he was among the first to arrive. He had reached Sacramento a day earlier, sleeping the day away in an abandoned basement. After the sun had come down the vampire decided to take a "shortcut" for Sacramento Institute, jumping over various buildings until the Clave's one came into sight. He walked in with a small smile, azure eyes darting around for a familiar face, but unsurprisingly none were seen. Zeno had no one but himself to blame for that, since except for Sir Sharpe and a few unexpected friendships during the centuries, he had always kept away from the Shadow World and other Downworlders. The reason? Zeno never had a good one, he just liked living among the mundanes, way more foolish and free spirited than anyone of his own specie. The young man casually walked closer to another group of people, looking up to a boy with a distinguished scar on his neck. "Shadow World meetings are hilarious," He whispered so that only the shadowhunter could hear, "they casually inform you that something big is about to happen, and we have to fight in it. I've been in a few human wars myself, at least there they sent you a letter."

The prospect of death had never been an exceptionally terrifying one to the vampire. He had almost lost his life at nineteen, and so many other dangerous situations followed, death was something that would eventually at some point overcome him. Would one day Zeno be killed, end his life, or survive long enough to see the world end? It was all in fate's hands, he could do nothing but use the world as his playground as long as it allowed him to do so.

The Queen's speech did not pass unnoticed to the blonde's ears, but it didn't interest him either. Zeno had nothing to lose, another war was a possible way to kill time, even though by the way the Seelie was talking about it things didn't sound as easy as Zeno put it.
"She is a true character. Now that her people are also in danger, she has no problem siding with us, but during the Dark War-"
The vampire stopped himself when his oversensitive ears caught the sound of something cutting first through the air, and then through the Queen's heart.
"Bloody hell!" He shouted out, giving an incredulous look to the shadowhunter next to him, as though wondering if he too had seen what Zeno has, before turning around to face the Unseelie army. If Zeno's blood still ran as that of a nomal human, adrenaline would have most likely rushed through it.
He grinned as Sunil extracted his blade too, not in the least fearful at the sight of warriors charging in their direction.

aoife.bouchard

x
mood.bored.interaction.n/a
"Aoife please come to the meeting you and I both know it is a very important matter that needs all of us there...it's not just about the Seelie and Unseelie courts...it's about all of us..."
Aoife remembered the conversation her and Alicia had the week before the meeting at the Sacramento Institute, she thought about it for a few days before giving Alicia a solid answer.
"i'm not going to the meeting alicia...although it involves my kind it doesn't involve me personally...i'm sorry Alicia but there will be nothing I gain from this meeting..."
Aoife was currently putting returned books back up in their correct spots on the shelves in her bookstore. she did feel bad that she declined Alicia's plea but she knew this was not her problem. giving a soft sigh after pushing the last book into its now filled void. Throughout the rest of the day, Aoife was bored, she didn't have that many customers in today which was fine with her but she started thinking about the meeting. Maybe she should have gone to the meeting just to hear the Seelie Queen out. Ever since the Dark War and her abandonment, everything that involved her was just chaotic. She lost the trust of everyone and now that she is back, Aoife fears that it will be the Dark War all over again. She thought back to that time in her life or more the time she was attacked, she always thought about how she died. And she was always upset or hurt at the end, hurt at what her sister did to her. Quickly shaking the thought from her head before her emotions got the best of her she went upstairs to her studio to make her some warm blood tea. Heading back downstairs back to her bookstore, she smiled seeing a small group of customers enter. Greeting them and welcoming them to explore the vast variety of books she has collected, she sat at the register taking her phone out and proceeded to scroll through her Instagram feed pass the time.

Last edited:
17932523_622866577918218_7765242536922185728_n.jpg

- VIOLET DEVEREAUX -
= outfit_ xxx = with_ sirius = tags_ thepression thepression = location_ the institute
"and i will claw my way to happiness,
it that is what it takes." - d.c | fighter

violet felt guilty, she should've known not to bring up the meeting with sirius. after sneaking out of the institute to meet with the werewolf and then she mentioned the meeting to him. hell broke loose in sirius' living room, both their personalities clashing against each other while FRIENDS was playing in the background.

"just come and listen to what they have to say, sirius."

as the sun flooded into the messy bedroom, warming up violet's light skin, the petite girl shuffled in the bed with the white sheets covering her body. her long eyelashes fluttered rapidly as her arm bounced against the mattress where she thought sirius would be. violet sat up, using the sheet to cover her chest as her doe-like eyes tried to find sirius' familiar face while she used her free hand to comb her messy blonde hair. violet climbed out of the bed and slipped the same clothes she wore yesterday over her body, her heels clapped against the tiled floor as she made her way to the kitchen, flicking the kettle on as she scavenged for something to snack on while she drank her tea. violet decided on an apple as the kettle shrieked, her eyes widen as she rushed over to the kettle and poured the hot water into her take away cup. the blonde took a large bite of her apple before rushing out of the house and headed straight to her car, wondering if sirius would show up.

violet bursted into the institute as she finished off the last bite of her apple, she rushed to the meeting in a hurry, throwing her apple in the bin before sneaking into the room quietly. violet rushed over to a free spot as she began to listen to the seelie queen, her fingers tapped anxiously against her thigh as the night before replayed in her mind. but before she could even think about it any longer, violet wiped her head around to see the unseelie king in all of his miserable glory. the blonde pulled out her seraph blade out and began fight, dodging unseelie knights' attacks every now and then before stabbing them. violet spun around her heels to face a female seelie running at her unexpectedly. the blonde let out a small shriek as the seelie's dagger sliced violet's arm, crimson liquid flooding out of the lanky arm and staining her clothes. "fuck," violet hissed as she stabbed the seelie in return. her hand rushed to cup her arm as violet tried looked around for cecile, or anyone for that matter. violet ripped off her sleeve from her arm and tied it around her bleeding arm, she would have to deal with it later.

4976385.png

63b77498d0f35a32a127ea935f5b65f6--jessica-brown-findlay-girl-crushes.jpg
For the first time in her life, Ola was beginning to feel like she was a part of something. For the last year or so, she had started to feel comfortable, a feeling that she had rarely experienced, and although it finally felt good, she was very wary of her new found happiness. One of the main causes of said happiness was her new found friend; Alicia Graybow. The two girls were not, at first glance, very alike. One with neat hair and an almost calm demeanor, the other with a wild frizz on her head and an energy that not all took to. And yet, they both brought out the best in each other.

Ola had felt Alicia's nervousness for the past few weeks, as news of this Seelie Queen had reemerged. For the short time that Alicia had been in California, she had picked up bits of information. Alicia had been the bearer of most of it, and from what Ola could tell, the Seelie Queen was a stone cold bitch. She had been a part of the Dark War, she was the reason that a lot of what Alicia had was gone. She was the reason that Ola saw her only friend twitch as the topic sparked up everywhere.

As Ola hastily drew up a portal, this being only her fifth time using the spell, she and Alicia held hands as their beings were dragged through time to Sacramento. As Ola felt her feet firmly on the ground again, she let Alicia cling onto her arm. Ola would never had admitted it, but she was terrified herself. She barely knew anything about this world. She had only recently learned of the Dark War and of the evil one Sebastian. She knew only little of her own kind, and what she had heard about the fae, she hated. She was walking blindly into a world of cold looks and icy stares, and yet she knew that she had to be strong for Alicia.

As a rather crotchity old shadowhunter passed the pair, Ola whispered to her friend, "Who was that old bugger looking at? He looks worse than a dehydrated vampire." Ola giggled, although she still wasn't totally used to making jokes about mystical creatures.

Alicia and Ola took a seat, and Ola bit her lip, slightly apprehensive about what was going to happen. What right did she have to be there? She had no part in the Dark War. She hadn't felt the pain of loved ones being killed. But she felt like she had to be there. She had to mingle with people of her world. Her new world.

After Ola's jaw had dropped significantly at the sight of the Seelie Queen and her glamour, Ola listened to the speech, admittedly nodding off and falling onto Alicia's shoulder every now and then. After falling asleep for the third time, Ola was awakened by an alarming scream and opened her eyes to see blood seeping from the Leading Fae's mouth, her jewels stained with crimson. For a second, Ola thought she was dreaming, but as she felt Alicia push up from her, she realised that this was all very real. Ola sprung into panic mode and she felt the warmth of her magic buzzing from inside. She raised her hand in front of her, as a scary looking fae with white hair swung at her with a shining sword. Throwing it to the side in a flash of white magic, Ola ducked as a dagger flew through the air at her. She took half a second to adjust herself, but it was too long and she saw one of the fae in her periphery. Just as she turned to push the creature away, a huge, dark furred wolf pounced on it and ripped through it's flesh like a knife through butter. Ola gasped, looking into the eyes of the animal, blood seeping from its front leg. Turning back to the battle, Ola spied around for Alicia.

Unrlstic Unrlstic thepression thepression

-- EZREAL DEAN

Ezreal stood frigid before his reflection in front of a coffee shop window, tainted with children's hand-prints and unwashed specks of dust clinging to the glass. As his heavy-lidded eyes pierced into the sight of a world he'd never be a part of, he felt himself more fascinated by these simple, mundane people ordering espressos and jolting out the door to catch their bus to work as if it was the most important thing in the world, teenage girls and boys on their phone operatives or whatever they were, scrolling through their social media feeds, itching to see how many likes they'd get on their newest pictures, than by anything the Shadow World had to offer him, of which he wanted nothing of. It was all so ordinary. So silly. So... meaningless. Mundanes usually got offended when people said stuff like that, Ezreal had never understood that. How satisfying it must be knowing your life has no purpose other than to do whatever you please, carrying no responsibility for the lives of any other besides your own and those you care for. With the thoughts of a clarity he so dearly wished for, accompanied the remembrance of the Shadow World meeting he was supposed to be attending that very evening. He saw his features change from peaceful to angered in the shop window as cold drops of rain began to fall from the sky, dampening his clothes and forming puddles around his feet.

"Hey! Hey, sir!" Ezreal turned to his left at the sound of a feminine voice coming from the doorway where a tall, slim blonde stood with her hair pulled back, an apron over her light-colored clothes.

"Yes?" he responded, raising an eyebrow, unbothered by the sudden change of climate.

"Are you gonna come in? You've been out here for a while, and I wouldn't want you to catch a cold," she answered, flashing a smile. Ezreal reciprocated with a fainter one, bowing his head as he walked through the café door, a bell chiming at his entrance as it closed behind him. The girl, who only looked to be around seventeen, quickly guided him to a table near the counter, a few feet away from where an old, grey-haired man sat in solitude, a book in his hands and an empty cup of coffee in front of him.

"You sit here, I'll bring you something warm to drink, yeah? On the house," the girl said, beaming another grin at him and briefly running her hand over his arm before skipping off behind the cashier. Ezreal remained silent and shrugged off his jacket, dumping it next to him whilst eye-ing the man a few tables away from him, a certain odd envy welling up inside him for the smallest of things he'd never experience. Dry, elderly skin. White hair. Veiny, shaking hands and being able to look in a mirror and recognize yourself. Maybe even a walking stick. Ezreal chuckled slightly at the thought of it and it wasn't until the girl slammed a steaming cup on the table and slipped in to the boot across from him that he realized he'd been staring.

Ezreal smiled and took a sip, leaning back into the leather, not uttering a word. "I'm Natalie," she spat out excidetly, leaning over. "What's your name?"

"Ezreal," he said, taking another large gulp and letting his eyes wander to his wristwatch. Quarter-to-six. He had an hour. He wasn't particularly interested in what the Seelie Queen had to say, or anything to do with the Dark War, let alone war itself, he knew to expect angry mobs and death threats, and perhaps even an eerie silence as the reality of the aftermath of such a preposturous thing sets in. However, evidently, Downworlders and Shadowhunters from all around the globe would be coming to the Insititute to witness the return of the Seelie Queen. Oh my, how dramatic that sounded. It was the perfect opportunity for business, and he'd been bored for a while now. This would be the most entertaining event in years. He wouldn't miss it for the world.

"That's so exotic, where are you from?" she continued eagerly, slowly snaking her fingers around his hand. Ezreal slithered his hand back away from her, reaching over for his jacket next to him.

"Actually love, I really have to get going," he spoke, rising to his feet and pulling his coat on. Natalie tensed her eyebrows and opened her mouth to speak but before she could say anything, Ezreal slid a 10 dollar bill across the table to her. "Thank you for the coffee, keep the change," he said swiftly, and before she could so much as utter a 'thank you', he was out the door. Only a few feet away from the shop, Ezreal stealthily snuck past a corner into a dark alleyway, reaching his hand into his coat pocket where he'd cast his extension charm before leaving the house. Carrying a bag with him would've been much too hefty for a man of his grace. Glancing sideways to make sure no mundane was watching him, he pulled out a large black umbrella and popped it open over his head, stepping back onto the street and making his way through the rain towards the Institute.

~

As expected, the halls were packed with Shadowhunters and Downworlders of all species. Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries, Nephilim, Warlocks, all with the same bitter expressions plastered on their faces, some visibly more anxious than others. The crowd settled down as Jia Penhallow stood and shakily began speaking, gesturing for the Seelie Queen to take over and finally scratch the itch at the back of everyone's heads. A breath hitched in Ezreal's throat, though he may have been in the far back of the room, he could see the blank, empty look on the Queen's face. No remorse. No sympathy. Nothing. Ezreal squeezed his eyes shut, waving off the distant memories of past times and drifting back down to reality.

"-kill her already!" Ezreal wasn't fazed by the sudden clamor amongst the people, he hadn't been affected by the Dark War in the slightest nor did he care for it, but he knew more than well the after-effects of loss, and grief. The Queen began speaking of another war, much darker than the last, that none other than her own kind will make it through. Ezreal gritted his teeth, moving back towards the exit, shutting out the exclaims that came from the crowd and the talk of bloodshed. This was a waste of my time, I should never have come, he thought to himself, pulling his sleeve to look at the time when a sharp fizzle of air whooshed past him, followed by collective gasps, and momentary silence. Ezreal whipped around, a thudding sound of a body hitting the ground and blood spilling from the now dead Queen, his eyes widened in tremor and before he could move, a man with a wicked grin on his face stepped through the entrance, a mere few feet away from him.

A young girl dropped with a dull, heavy sound on the floor nearby him, her wings bloody and tangled in an ivy plant, as the warriors of the Unseelie King charged forwards the sound of swords being unsheathed and spells being casted filled the air, Ezreal could think of nothing but escape. "This is not my war to fight," he hissed to himself and slung the hood of his jacket over his head, uttering words under his breath until he faded into nothing, protected by only a simple invisibility charm he'd learned in his early years that would last him only minutes.

mood: conflicted, distressed
tags: slim slim (mentioned)
base coding by cychotic

Last edited:
"demons run when a good man goes to war."
8748622c79311ea08bee4b67b9a9eed8.jpg

mood: furious, concerned
tags: deer deer

midjungards.italic.png

of the unseelie court
Rage shot through Freyr's veins as he stared out the window of the Sacramento Institute, watching the crowded piles of Shadowhunters and Downworlders scamper into the building, clutching one another in trepidation to see the Seelie Queen for the first time since her disappearance five years ago. Freyr was disgusted, appalled, ashamed even to be the same species as a creature so mercilessly despicable. Standing with his forehead pressed against the glass, jittering his left leg up and down and tugging on his jeans in uneasiness. The Court members sat quietly on the stage, waiting for seven o'clock to strike and the mumbling of mixed nervous and angry voices to settle down. Freyr looked up for what seemed to be the fiftieth time in under a minute to the clock perched on the wall he was leaning on. Six fifty-eight. Why did time have to pass so fucking slowly?

Freyr's agitation simmered down upon the sight of a tall, elegant redhaired beauty making her way up the Institute steps. His heart started beating faster against his ribcage and all the blood rush to his head, he pressed his face closer to the window and began his left fist on the glass to catch the attention of the Princess. Princess Verena. "Verena!" he shouted, as if his shouting could be heard through glass and the turmoil inside the Institute. "Verena!" he repeated, but it was too late, and the long locks of red hair had already vanished through the outside entrance.

In a flurry, Freyr forcefully shoved past the people standing behind him, weaving through the crowd and spotting the Princess, his Princess elegantly striding across the hall doors towards the front, where Jia Penhallow had now begun speaking. Being the gentleman he was, Freyr bowed his head down and stepped into a spot only a small distance away from Verena within eye-shot. He knew she had her undying faith placed in the hands of the Seelie Queen, and wouldn't be surprised if somebody tried to hurt her. Truthfully he wasn't the biggest fan of the Queen himself, and the mere thought of the Dark War and what it did to him and his family felt like a sword ripping through his heart, but this wasn't about him, it was about Verena and her safety, and he'd do anything to guarantee it.

It wasn't long before the angry cries and screams of the Downworlders and Shadowhunters began, if it weren't for the Princess standing not far from him he'd have chimed in with them and given that bitch a piece of his damn mind, but he kept his composture and tightened his knuckles to the point he was sure they'd turned completely white in contrast to his tan complexion. "I want us to work together," the Queen spoke. Flashes of color and inaudible voices flickered in Freyr's mind, he dug his fingernails into his palm and clenched his jaw in fury. Was that the same thing you told Sebastian before you slaughtered thousands of people?, he thought to himself and silently let out a maniacal laugh.

As if morbidly on cue, gasps were heard and the threats and whispering went silent. Freyr squeezed his eyes shut and back open to see the Queen with blood sputtering out her mouth, collapsing shortly afterwards with an arrow lodged in her abdomen. Before he could think, react, or move, a gruesome voice spoke up from the entry. Freyr turned around and his stomach drop as his King ingressed through the doors with a disturbing smile from cheek-to-cheek. Freyr paid no attention to what he had to say and instead darted through the crowd to the front row just as the Unseelie King's warriors charged, declaring their battle.

Verena of the Seelie Court
mood: angry and confused
with: the seelie queen
mentions: freyr
tags: boyguro boyguro

"once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. it did not end well."

Her long, scarlet hair draped down her back as it swished from side to side with each movement she made. One foot in front of the other with graceful strides, her head lifted up high as her shoulders were widths apart from the other. Despite being in a foreign world, the young woman walked with ease and elegance, as if she's walked across the soils many times before. Nevertheless, if it was any other time that she could have visited the mortal realm - without the restriction of the damnable cold peace treaty - she would have taken her time gazing upon the distinct architectures and vendors that were within her range. If she could, she would have taken her own sweet time to study the parts of the world that is not quite like her own. However, now was not the time.

Instead, the young - or so most views her as - Princess walked towards the Institute where the meeting was suppose to be held. Never before had she felt her skin crawl with goosebumps and had her heart beat erratically against her chest. It was a new feeling, an emotion even. But whatever it was, she didn't bother to dwell on such foolishness but rather carefully made her way up the steps. Despite her not speaking to anyone that passed her, somehow, someway, she always ended up being the "center" of attention. Those who flocked next to her made sure to keep their distance but still managed to get caught up in her magnetic aura as they all seemed to stop and stare at her for a little while. Some had hatred in their eyes, something she commonly saw, but in others, she saw "infatuation" and awe. She mostly focused on those she saw fit that she could easily manipulate under her thumb.

However, once she arrived inside the building and made her way to where the rest of the Seelie court were, her eyes glanced for a fracture of a second towards an Unseelie she recognized on a more "intimate" level. With furrowed brows, the young faerie princess Verena stood on the side, only giving Freyr, the Unseelie she was acquainted with, small acknowledgements. Soon she stared ahead towards the center as she never made indication that she was "thinking" about the male fae. It unnerved her to think that she ever decided to give attention to the Unseelie, especially since she knew their views were different by miles. But, he still decided to stick by her, like a puppy. It was oddly charming. Regardless, as long as she had him under her "spell", life was entertaining. He practically helped her with many, many "frightful" pranks and ideas without even knowing of the harm done. It was absolutely thrilling So, foolish, very foolish, indeed, but he was her pushover. That rang true.

Soon, when the building quieted down, Verena's attention was on her Queen. Her Majesty. She was alive and in the flesh, right before her eyes. At seeing Her Queen, Verena stood up straighter, taller even, as she gazed up at the Faerie Queen, the only woman she ever admired and would do anything for. She was like a mother to her, a mother who wasn't useless and quite confident and strong. Verena wanted to be a woman like her. However, as the Seelie Queen began her speech, Verena remained stoic and emotionless at the sounds of insults being hurled directly at her Queen. If she could, she would have ripped the heads off of those forsaken Shadowhunters and anyone else against her Queen. But, deciding now wasn't the time and it seemed the Seelie Queen wanted nothing but to be joined together to face adversary, Verena couldn't help but feel slightly betrayed by her Queen. Join forces? Be friends? To those?

As more uprising and angry chatter was heard, Verena stood firmly as she remained true to her own "heart". However before she knew it, she felt as if her life flashed before her eyes and whatever emotions she could have ever felt, blew up in her face as she watched her own Queen get murdered before her eyes. A loud, piercing shriek escaped her lips as she only stood frozen in her place. The blood that spilled and the wound that pierced her Beloved Queen made Verena beyond delusional and confused. Her time stopped at that moment and everything around her deafened. The fight and chaos ignited like wildfire. However, Verena, on the other hand, pushed her way towards to her Queen. Taking whatever that was on the ground of some dead useless mutt, she took the sword and slashed her way getting to her Queen. Blood splattered on her face and her long, flowy, white dress. She didn't care. None of that mattered anymore.

Once she arrived to her Queen's lifeless body, she knelt beside her, picking up the Queen's head and placed it on her lap. Some of the Courts came upon her and her lifeless Queen, surrounding them for protection. But, even through the chaos, the woman looked serene and untouched. However, inside Verena's mind and heart was a brewing need for revenge mixed with turmoil and rage.

coding; allrightsreserved deer deer

Last edited:
tumblr_or072bHF6V1w8cb70o4_250.jpg
bafdd2c3b30bee8de193e6908430347b--rogue-aesthetic-santa-clarita.jpg
tumblr_or7nh3tATQ1vxq4vuo1_250.jpg
tumblr_ooxkj2NGkf1w1fw22o4_250.jpg
"trust your own madness."

time: 8:15pm

Choas permeated itself throughout the entire institute. Unseelie Knights rushed towards their adversaries with a sense of passionate rage coursing through their veins. They charged at both shadowhunters and downworlders alike. War-like cries and brutal screams echoed in the hall. Some ran, some fought, and regardless of what specie they were, blood was being poured. The attendees of the Seelie Queen's assembly were all in shock, with no time to process the unexpected unfolded events that had just occurred and instead, were fighting for their lives. The fight could have lasted for five minutes--or ten--until the Unseelie King roared a roar so loud, and made everyone stop within their tracks. "Prohibere" the King shouted. Stop. In swift. graceful movements, every Seelie Knight within the halls, turned and walked off, vanishing into thin air after their King. Every person left in the hall stood bewilderingly. The Unseelie King and his army was gone, leaving the Seelie Queen dead, the attendees confused, and only his lifeless soldiers that lie ghastly on the floor as the only visual proof that he had ever even been there........

LATER THAT NIGHT.....

time: 10:27pm

The inhabitants of the Sacramento were silently dismissed by Jia Penhallow with a promise for another meeting to figure out what they would do. It was clear, that what the now deceased Seelie Queen had said, was true. Though, with the shock that was filled in everyone's hearts, no one seemed to want to talk about it, but everyone had been confused. What had happened that night, happened, and to some, it was nothing that they wanted to keep in their systems. A bunch of people parted their own ways--maybe to their homes to sleep the night off, or to bars, to drink the night off.

Aofie's bookstore had been one of those bars. It'd became filled that night. Shadowhunters and Downworlders poured in, asking for hard drinks. It was a wild meeting, and it was about to be an even wilder night...

Your character is going to be one of the people that end up going to the bar. All characters are currently in Aofie's bar. For this scene, you must have your character interact with at least two other people.

aoife.bouchard

outfit.
f r e s h
mood.
relaxed
interaction.
Unrlstic Unrlstic thepression thepression nymphadora. nymphadora. spectro spectro boyguro boyguro
mentioned.
n/a

Once you enter the Bloody Fang Pub whether you are a downworlder or not you will automatically be welcomed in as family. The calm jazz music playing from the band while a lovely downworlder was keeping the customers entertained with her voice. This was how Aoife wanted it to be, she wanted to see people be happy and safe in her bar. Walking around each table that had occupied around 4 to 5 people, she smiled checking to see if everything was alright and asking if there was anything needed. Finally finishing her rounds she walked back over to her designated spot behind her bar where the fun was and began pouring drinks for her customers. She was listening to a fellow vampire talk about his day before her hearing picked up the sound of the door/bookshelf be opened up and about close to twelve pairs of feet enter her sanctuary. She gave the vampire his drink the turned around her back facing the group as she was already grabbing all the hard liquors she needed. "From the smell that is most definitely rolling off of yer body...I am going to take a gander and say that the meeting didn't go well now did ali..." Her body slowly turned around to see a somewhat distressed Alicia that desperately needed a drink and maybe even more. Setting the glass bottles of liquor on the table she grabbed a shot glass watching the brown liquid flow right into the glass. "Tell me all about it once you have finished that..." She placed the drink in front of Alicia then proceeded to make another shot for her fellow canine companion. "You were in the same place as Alicia yet the stench of wet dog is still on you...I swear it's like ya never take a shower or something...I hope yer not burning off that poor girls nostril hair with ya smell"
She prepared a shot of patron for Sirius with a smirk on her face. Before tending to the others she asked one of her employees to help any other customers that entered the bar. "Look...instead of standing there doing nothin you could be tendin to the customers that just entered...I ain't payin ya to be standin doin nothin...now go do what I hired ya to do" She watched as her employees quickly apologized scurrying off towards the customers. Shaking her head with a sigh escaping her mouth she resumed fixing everyones drinks. She began making a Gin and Soda for Ola then proceeded to give Violet a ginger beer which was a non-alcoholic drink. The girl was underage and she did not want to get caught for selling alcohol to an underaged person so a ginger beer is not only non-alcoholic but it will also make the young shadowhunter feel like she is still part of the drinking group. Aoife the grabbed a wide variety of potions and herbs to make Ezreal's favorite drink which she thought was just down right disgusting, I mean the guy could have asked for an old fashioned but no he wanted this complicated drink that Aoife had to spend almost a whole month trying to master this drink. "Ya know Ez...you could have just gotten a shot of bourbon or even vodka...could have been a simple drink...and this time you are only gettin one glass since last time you got wasted and almost trashed my bar." She glared at him while adding all the elixers and herbs into a mixer shaking it up before pouring it into a glass watching as the liquid was changing from one color to another.
Finally finishing each drink for each one of her friends she walked back ove to where Alicia was sitting and clasped her hands together. "So...tell me everything that happened at the meeting...from the smell of the blood a lot of people must have died..." Although Aoife had a nonchalent look on her face like she didn't care about what happened she was dead set on knowing every detail of the incident at the institute.

Last edited:

4976920.png

b914bd7bbc3e1344202265a1f804d3ac--suraj-sharma-longer-hair.jpg

After a long three hours, Sunni had finally sat down. Unfortunately, he wasn't home yet. As much as Sunni wanted to relax, the rest of the people from the Sacramento Institute hadn't made their way home, and he thought it only polite to go as a group. Or, rather, he was a little worried there were Unseelie knights still loitering and he didn't want to take on one by himself. Out of all the demons and creatures he had seen, it was, surprisingly, the Fae that scared Sunni the most.

Sipping a freezing glass of water, he sat at the bar, listening to the soothing music of the entertainment, trying to forget the pain in his side, where he'd been caught by a dagger. Healing runes did half the job, but he still had to take on the pain himself. Sunni watched the people to his left, Alicia Graybrow, a girl he had known for a long time was stood, looking beaten down, along with a vampire with very light blonde hair. Sunni had seen him at the meeting. The girl behind the bar was of the same species, Sunni could tell from the transparency of her skin and the slight darkness around her eyes. If his parents had been here, they would have laughed. A bar with both shadowhunters and downworlders mingling. He noticed that almost every shadowhunter there was no older than 30, though. Such integration would be too much to handle for them.

Sunni suddenly felt a hunger in his belly, the water hitting his empty stomach and making him realise he hadn't eaten lunch. Awkwardly leaning forward over the bar, he posed his question, "Do you, by any chance, sell peanuts?" He spoke with confidence to Aoife, he believed her name was. With a smile, he awaited her answer.

Unrlstic Unrlstic thepression thepression (mentioned)

logastellus logastellus (interacted)

4976385.png

Ola had never known time fly by so quickly in her entire life. It was as if it had only been minutes since she was dodging swords and watching werewolves. Now, she was sat to table in the corner of the Bloody Fang, sipping a gin and soda, carelessly watching the bustle of shadowhunters and the like cool off and scribe runes on their arms to heal. Ola felt pretty battered herself. She'd used a lot of magic in the battle, and her insides felt drained. Ola realised, though, the more she used her magic, the less pain her hearts caused her. As she sipped the fizzy liquid, she tried to push down her worry for her friends. She had lost Alicia in the rage of the battle, and all downworlders had been pushed out as soon as the Unseelie King had retreated. Ola tried to wait for her friend, but a rather uncouth shadowhunter had pushed her away, a smug smile on his face. Ola suddenly remembered the device in her pocket. Her mobile telephone. Even though Ola had watched the development of new technology, she had never gotten used to the pace in which it all had suddenly appeared. Ola had only just gotten used to the idea of being able to talk to people over distances with a regular telephone, and now she had to fool around with a slab of glass that you could literally do anything on. It was all very confusing.

Pulling out her silver phone, she unlocked it and pressed the little green text block. That was the easy part, now she had to TYPE.

"alic i a .. pl z call me bck . did u mak e it 2 the bAR" Ola shouted at the device as she accidentally pressed the microphone symbol and the strange voice named 'Siri' began to talk to her. "no, no don't write that-" Ola cursed as she looked down at the failed message, starting over again, she managed to type out, "@ aoifes alone whr r u" and pressed send. Sighing, she took another sip from her drink and looked up. Her thoughts went back to her roommate. Where was that stupid warlock? She hadn't seen him at the meeting-turned battle. Making a quiet grunting noise as she realised she had to send another text, Ola went back to her phone and haphazardly typed out:

"metting went bad . whr r u???? at aoifes" Ola felt desperately lonely. Things had gotten very shaken up, and she hadn't seen the shadowhunters taken by surprise before. If she had to admit it, she was a little scared, but of course, she never would. Straightening up in her chair, she closed her eyes and waited for a reply.

| cecile lightwood |
b
b
b
mood: stressed and tired | mentions: alicia, violet, and ezreal | outfit: xxx
in the time that cecile had spent taking a quick trip to the los angeles institute to change out of her blood-splattered gear, the girl tripped over two piles of clothes, almost broke her polaroid camera (an 80s version that she'd been able to buy for less than a hundred bucks), and made a giant lipstick smear by the left side of her mouth. she'd been able to clean off most of the smear, but you could still see a faint red mark under bright lighting. now, she was at aoife's bookstore, a common hangout for her.

the bookstore is haven-like, keeping away from the cruel world of demon-killing. most times, cecile went there and curled up in one of the chairs, with a big mug of hot chocolate cradled in her hands. today, of all days however, was different. the brief battle between the unseelies and other species brought down fear and question in those that were involved with the battle. instead of hot chocolate, cecile was holding a glass of red wine, sipping from it every few minutes. on her left is alicia, and on her right is violet.

"what do you think the clave plans on doing?" cecile asked after taking another sip, the first she's had in five minutes. "i have a feeling they might start searching every faerie--seelie or unseelie--and figure out where each loyalty lies. i mean, it doesn't sound so hard, but i don't think every faerie would be willing. just a thought." really, she didn't care much for an answer from the two girls. cecile tipped her head back, bringing the glass to her lips and consuming the rest of the bitter red liquid. "i need to use the bathroom."

cecile stood up, ran her hands swiftly over her clothing to make sure there weren't any creases or excess crumbs, and turned away from the bar to being walking. engrossed with one of her fading runes, she didn't notice when a blond warlock got out of his seat just as she was walking past, and the two collided, his drink spilling all over the two of them. "fuck! i'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, wide brown eyes peering up at him.

-- EZREAL DEAN

"Ya know Ez... you could have just gotten a shot of bourbon or even vodka... could have been a simple drink. This time you're only gettin' one glass since last time you got wasted, you almost trashed my bar," Aoife glared at Ezreal from across the bar counter, sliding him a medium-sized glass of his delicious, albeit ridiculously difficult to make, beverage. Ezreal raised one eyebrow at the vampire and grinned, swooping up the glass with one hand and taking a long chug, setting it back down with a forceful thump, now only half-full.

"I hardly think that's fair, love. I've had a long day," he claimed, just as Aoife rolled his eyes at him, sauntering over to the other side of the bookstore. Ezreal turned slightly, peeking over his shoulder, watching her sit down with a Shadowhunter he knew to be Alicia Graybow who looked more than devastated in contrast to his dear old friend Aoife who's calm and poise was just the least bit unsettling, especially in this very case. The more Ezreal thought about it, the more confused he became, which was the exact opposite of what he was aiming for. He and many other Downworlders, great numbers of entire species, had had nothing to do with the Cold Peace Treaty nor shown any hint of interest in the Fae Folk, and there he sat, having returned, no, fleed from a battle declared by the Unseelie King not only on those betraying his species, having joined Sebastian in the Dark War, but on all Downworlders and Shadowhunters alike.

Ezreal stiffled an unnerved laugh. It seemed, mundanes and those from the Shadow World shared more in common than they thought.

How could the Seelie Queen of known? Was this all some elaborate plan from the King to gather people into the Institute for a bloodbath? Why leave? Questions with dead-ends and a trail of missing pieces following behind clouded Ezreal's mind in a shroud of thick mist, only snapping out of his trance as he felt something buzzing in his coat pocket. Digging his hand in, brushing past his spell book, bottled potions in small flasks and several other miscellaneous objects he finally pulled out his least favorite possession of all; his cell phone. Many of his work colleagues in past jobs had insisted he get one and so finally he'd given in, purchasing an electronic by the name of an "iPhone". The majority of its functions Ezreal found to be absurd and useless, but a part of that may be him simply not understand how to work a touchpad keyboard despite mastering dozens of jinxes and hexes with a slip of his fingers. Truly, amusing.

The reason his box of mundane technology had started having a stroke was in fact due to a message he'd received from his roommate Ola who he presumed to be somewhere near him in the bookstore with her friends, seeking comfort, or perhaps giving. "metting went bad. whr r u???? at aoifes". Ezreal squinted at his screen at the pitiful "text-lingo" grammar he'd become so aware of in the last decade. Christ, mundanes really just didn't ever have enough time for anything do they? Not even to type an extra 'e' or two. Ezreal stood from his seat, shaking his head at Ola's obliviousness going to tuck his phone back into his pocket, his other hand preoccupied with his drink. Before he could step forwards, a petite frame slammed into his chest, spilling the liquid over his clothes and the person who'd run into him, his mobile dropping to the ground without him realizing. "Fuck! I'm so sorry!" a female voice squealed and Ezreal looked up from his drenched jacket, meeting his eyes with a doe-eyed girl.

"Bloody hell," he mumbled in irritation, swiping one hand along his arm. He set the glass he still held firmly in his hand behind him over the counter, attempting to move only to find the girl still standing in front of him like a deer caught in headlights. "Are you taking the piss? Move," he snapped, pushing her aside by the shoulder forcefully enough to make her stumble.

Trying to think of a spell that would dry him off, Ezreal slipped his coat off his shoulders as he located Ola in the bookstore, tapping her on the top of her head before slipping into the seat in front of her, a displeased look on his face. "I take it you aren't having the best day either."

mood: annoyed
tags: logastellus logastellus spectro spectro thepression thepression Unrlstic Unrlstic (mentioned)
base coding by cychotic

Last edited:

diego-barrueco-for-fuckingyoung8-765x1024.jpg
SIRIUS MALATESTA

Some supposed that Sirius' personality had changed drastically after his werewolf side joined the human one, but there couldn't be anything more wrong. He always did his best to store the rage away, to keep it hidden, but when it exploded it left destruction all around him. Anger was a part of his persona, maybe even more than his werewolf one.

After the battle he turned back from his wolf form with an inhuman growl, his eyes glaring terribly first at the council's members, then down at the cut on his forearm.
It stung, Sirius could tell it was deep, and even though it would be gone in a few days it infuriated the young man.

"Fucking hell. Got cut for what? 'Come to the council, it'll be useful', useful my ass." He roughly stopped the blood from pouring with a tore piece of his shirt, raising his head to examine the people left around him.
With the unseelies vanished he could now easily spot Violet. She seemed fine, breathing and on her own two feet.

Relief made his tense shoulders drop, but his glare was pointed. His tongue swept over his teeth as Sirius considered approaching her, but there would be too many eyes on the both of them, so with a sigh and another glance toward his girlfriend's direction Sirius left the Institute.

He had intentions of going to Aofie's anyways, he had wanted to speak with the vampire for a while, but now what was driving him was the absolute need for a drink. Werewolves weren't usually welcome at the Bloody Fang Pub, yet Sirius had been an exception for quite a few years now.
Problem was other people had seemed to think it a good idea too, to visit the pub, and so Sirius had to shove through quite a few downworlders to sit by the bar. "Aofie, aren't you a ray of sunshine today?" He grunted at her sarcastic response, downing his glass. A quick look around and Sirius recognised two familiar faces: the first was that of the warlock he had aided before, whoever she was; the second but most important was Violet. His eyes slid down to the drink in her hand, a smirk almost forming on the werewolf's lips upon seeing the analcolic beverage.

The two made eye contact, and Sirius cocked his head toward the out of the back door of the pub. He watched her excuse herself and leave in that way, before casually following her. As expect the dark alley which the door brought to was lonely, away from curious ears, where the couple could talk without judgment.
"Are you okay?" Was the first thing he asked, reaching for her wounded arm, her cut a twin to his own. His would heal faster, though. She nodded, Violet was not exactly fragile, and so he dropped her hand.
Sirius closed his eyes for a moment, trying to elaborate his emotions.
"I told you to stay away from this, Violet. Did you see what happened? If something happened to you.." He did not want to think of that, but he had to, "..if you were to be hurt, or worst, I couldn't even be at our side. The shadow world doesn't want us to be together." The werewolf cracked his neck, feeling anger starting to boil in his blood. But when he spoke his voice was soft, almost scared, "Why the fuck would we want to fight for a world that wants to see us apart, Violet?"

mentioned: aofie logastellus logastellus oleth spectro spectro
interacted: violet nymphadora. nymphadora.

"AND I AM A KING TO YOU ALL, BUT A SLAVE TO MYSELF"

Last edited:

4976385.png

Ola tapped her knee impatiently as she sat at the back of the pub, feeling rather stressed. Clearly the gin wasn't working fast enough. As she felt her phone buzz, she hesitated to look at her mobile device, her eyes instead landing on a very handsome man, a handsome man with dark hair and a tall frame. For a split second, they locked eyes, and Ola swore that both of her hearts missed a beat. She loved him. She was absolutely sure. Wait- no, she had taken a break from both men and women. They were worth more trouble than good. And just as she had settled on living her next century alone, she noticed a deep cut on his arm. Her mind suddenly flashed back to the battle. The werewolf? And just like that Ola was back in love mode.

Snapping her self out of her daydream, she looked to her phone, '15% battery'. Like Ola gave a damn, she was almost pleased when she had the excuse of not using the infernal device. Just as she looked up, she felt a pat on her head as the brilliant Ezra sat down in front of Ola, looking irritated as usual. "So far I've managed to lose my best friend, almost get decapitated by an Unseelie warrior and fall in love with a werewolf." Her eyes moved down to his shirt which was soaked slightly. "Who did you manage to piss off, now, Ez?" She smiled, slightly. It was a relief that her roommate was there, though. Even if he hated helping, he knew that she'd be able to drag him around to find Alicia, and then they'd be able to go home and crash. For the first time in a while, Ola actually felt like she needed to sleep. If she wasn't immortal, she might even think that she was getting old.

740full-antoine--olivier-pilon.jpg
ZENO KIJEK

When he was a child Zeno, illiterate but not mindless, would watch with curiosity the ticking of a clock. How curious, that with every movement of the clock's hand a second of his life went away; but Zeno had lived to see the construction of the Big Ben, and when for the first time it's giant needle moved the passage of time was of no bother to the at the time fifty eight years old. He would never lose his juvenile beauty, nor would he be ever oppressed by the thought of dead. But mundanes enjoyed life anyway, and for this Zeno envied them. It had been way over than a century now and the Big Ben still ticked away seconds as though it was nothing, but it's movement had no meaning to the vampire. Not anymore.
These thoughts often overcame Zeno when he remembered the battles fought at night, for the wars he believed in at least, where many of his human friends perished in the dark. You could have saved them, turned them, why didn't you? He asked himself, and the Big Ben came to mind again. He could have not saved them all, and not everyone has the head to be immortal, for it is after all an heavy weight to carry.

Zeno snapped out of his sudden trance, his eyes moving from the watch on his wrist to his surroundings. After the disastrous meeting, which Zeno had come out of unscathed, he had along with a large group moved to the Bloody Fang. He wasn't exactly an usual visitor, but he felt in this situation he needed for once to be close with other downworlders. The pub was welcoming enough, so he approached the bar and smiled at the owner on the other side. "Don't worry, I'm two thousand and sixteen, you won't have trouble with the law." As he waited for his beer Zeno glanced around to spot an unfamiliar sat on his side, that of a faerie. With sudden curiosity now invading his every thought, Zeno sat up on one of the stools and leaned over toward the male.

"Hi." He simply said in his british accent, brushing an hand through his blonde hair, "Fancy seeing a seelie here. Got lost?" The vampire's words may have seemed provoking, but his child like face indicated simple friendliness. "I'm Zeno Kijek, anyway. I was at that meeting, bloody hell, what a mess. Were you there too? This giant knight almost cut my head off, good thing I'm fast. Well, I'm a vampire, so I guess that's natural." He blabbered freely, casually looking around himself, his eyes landing on a very pretty thing for a second. She was talking to the pub's owner, her features unlike any other, a truly angelic thing. When Zeno realised he had stopped talking, he casually coughed, turning his attention back to the young man. "Oh, what was I saying? Yeah, the meeting! You were there too, correct?"
If Zeno had the capability to blush, he would have.

mentioned jeanne Unrlstic Unrlstic
interracted with aofie logastellus logastellus freyr @boygu

"IT TAKES COURAGE,
TO SEE THE WORLD
IN IT'S TAINTED GLORY,
AND STILL TO LOVE IT"

17932523_622866577918218_7765242536922185728_n.jpg

- VIOLET DEVEREAUX -
= outfit_ xxx = with_ everyone > sirius = tags_ thepression thepression = location_ the insititute > aofie's bar
"and i will claw my way to happiness,
it that is what it takes." - d.c | fighter

of course he was right; he was always right. violet should had never argued with him and convince him to come, and now she was suffering the consequences; a bloody arm and an angry werewolf of a boyfriend. the blonde left the insititude as soon as the fight was over, not wanting to be there any longer than she had to, and drove away to her own apartment to change from her blood ridden clothes. violet was silent as she showered the guilt and boood from her olive skin body, sirius' words echoing through her mind as she slipped a new shirt over her head.

violet arrived at aofie's bar later that night, staying quiet as the others lead the way. she wanted to be next to sirius and apologise for everything yet she knew that could risk the exposure of their relationship to the others. violet sat down next to her parabatai, cecile while sipping a glass of ginger beer she received from aofie. her brown eyes kept flickering between sirius and cecile as her mind wandered away from the conversation. violet watched as sirius cocked his head to the back door, she nodded in reply as she placed her glass down on the table, "excuse me for a moment," she spoke tiredly before scurrying to the back door to sirius.

after leading sirius down the alleyway, violet stood in front of him. she nodded in reply as she noticed a similar wound on his arm as well, "i'm fine, nothing that bad."

violet was soon shocked to hear sirius' words, as much as she wanted to deny it, she couldn't. "because i know every fight is worth it if i get to be with you in the end." her voice was harsh first yet trailed off into a soft whisper, her hands reaching to grab his as she stared into his eyes, almost loosing herself in the sea of brown, "sirius, you and i both know we've lost so much already, why lose each other now after we've come so far?" violet rose an eyebrow at the werewolf, questioning him. "i know it's not normal, our relationship, but who the world we live in is the opposite of normal."

Last edited:

Verena of the Seelie Court
scenario: "marvelous books and artifacts"
with: ezrael and oleth
mentions: freyr
tags: boyguro boyguro spectro spectro

"once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. it did not end well."

"be like snow, beautiful yet cold"

As the chaos continued, the young princess stayed silent, closing her eyes as she whispered words of serenity for a peaceful passing of her Queen. The loud eruption of screams, metal clanking, and disruption echoed the hall of the Institute, however, Verena paid no mind. Whenever someone came too close for comfort or she heard the sheath or the loud cries of someone wanting to kill her, Verena quickly reacted, using her reflexes to slash anything that came to close to her, even if it was "one of her own". Her actions and her behavior flared due to adrenaline rush as she believed time stood still in that very moment. She only found herself returning to "reality" when she heard the disturbed manic voice of the Unseelie King. Verena's attention went towards him and those that stood by him. Her brows furrowed together only for her eyes to remain lifeless and devoid of emotions.

She was fuming inside, but she would never allow herself to stoop so low as to give the Unseelie King the pleasure of knowing her feathers had been ruffled. Verena wouldn't allow such reward. As the Unseelie King and the army disappeared from sight, Verena's eyes roamed around at the bloodshed that crossed the hall. She looked unfazed, perhaps even cold and crueler than that of her kind. Silence fell upon the hall that once had been loud enough to shake the whole building apart. Nevertheless, as the Queen's lifeless body laid on the ground, Verena had given orders to the Knights to help bring their Queen's body back to their world. Home.

Once the Shadowhunters and Downworlders made their way out of the Institute and Verena was able to say good-bye to her Queen as her lifeless body was taken away and brought back into their realm, a voice sounded behind her. "Princess, it's not safe here. The Queen was right. An ambush happened and it isn't good for you to be alone. Not when the Unseelie King has plans for the others to fall." At those words from one of the Knights, Verena turned her head, her gaze penetrating the very soul of the warrior before her, making him shrink back slightly out of respect and fear,, "And you have doubted the Queen's words before? We can not lie. Our Queen's memories will not suffer under my gaze. She will be mourned and given the highest ceremony. But, now, we must wait. What other plans does the Unseelie King have? Will the others fall while we, faes, prevail? The Queen want us to cooperate with not only ourselves but the Downworlders and Shadowhunters. You will respect the Queen's last wishes, correct?"

With Verena's last statement, the Knight knelt down, bowing his head down, "Please forgive me, princess. I did not mean to make my words seem as if I have doubt the late Queen. I will do as you wish. Your inquiry and thoughts are my burden to bear as well, princess." With a faint thin smile, Verena gently placed a hand on the Knight's shoulder, whispering, "You will do your part well. When I need you, I will call for you."

Once the talk was over, Verena allowed the Knight to be excused before she made her way to wherever the herd was headed. She will not back down and despite not wanting to work together with the other measly species, she would have to bite her tongue and deal with it. However, the thoughts that laid dormant in Verena's mind only festered more into hatred and anger. Are you happy now? The Queen whom you, Shadowhunters and other Downworlders so dearly wanted to kill is now dead. Are you so pleased? They're coming for you now.

Hours passed since the passing of her Queen and Verena found herself away from the others. She wasn't in the mood to make small talk. But, it seemed that she would never have peace and quiet. Wherever she went, eyes would follow her. The eyes that followed were cautious and wary, but also filled curiousity and full of inquiry. Verena inwardly scoffed to herself as she couldn't help but see the look on the other Downworlder and Shadowhunter's faces whenever she caught their eye. It was as if they had never seen a fae before and that only made Verena grin in pleasure. Oh, how she wanted to mess with their little peanut sized brains.

Nevertheless, Verena walked gracefully inside the Blood Fang pub, sounding out anything she didn't want to hear. Her attention focused on the books on the shelves of the pub as her hands grazed the edges of the books. She wanted to read them and allow herself some sort of "comfort" in finding knowledge of this mortal world. Verena didn't like feeling vulnerable and here in this pub, never have she ever felt such a feeling of being mundane. But, she made sure to not show any sign of weaknesses as she made her way around the area. Despite wanting to read the books that were calling out to her, Verena decided to spend her time taking in the different artifacts that laid in the pub.

A small yet unclear faint smile appeared on her face when she looked at the artifacts. They reminded her of her library. . . her room that was filled and smelled of adventure. If there was another reason for Verena to be in the mundane world than the one now, she would have perhaps enjoyed and reveled in the mystery of the world. But, she couldn't find comforts at all. Not when her Queen was dead.

However, her eyes spotted that Unseelie "boy" she had under her thumb: Freyr. But, it seemed he was preoccupied with another for her to just waltz up to him. But. . the more she stared at Freyr, the more devastated she felt. It was his people that caused such tragedy! Verena stared murderously, glaring daggers at Freyr's back. She felt herself shake in her bones and soon enough felt as if bile was going to rise up her throat any moment and she could just scream at the top of her lungs and direct her despair at him. Verena was beyond reasoning. She was disappointed and "hurt" enough to the point that she wouldn't care to blame the one person who stood by her side when she was bored or "lonely".

She hated seeing Freyr at this place. His lips, his eyes, his hair, the way his body moved, and everything about him screamed to her like a moth to a flame. But, no, she couldn't do it. She hated him right now and she found herself wanting to take even more control of the Unseelie, for him to betray his King in return. But, how? Regardless of what Verena wanted, nothing was going to happen and that was because she made a promise to her Queen she would try to get along with others, even if it meant going against her own "morals". So, she did what she could, she allowed herself to mentally curse Freyr until she couldn't feel again. . but if only that could happen. She was too high strung and needed a distraction . . desperately.

However, hearing a girl walk into the bookstore as well as a male behind her. Verena turned from where she had been glaring at Freyr near the artifact by the wall and looked to see who had "joined" her where she was in the pub. Her ears perked slightly at the conversation the two were having and she couldn't help but find that she had found her "saving grace". Verena made her way towards them only to make sure to stand a few feet away from them. Her dress was still drenched in dried blood from her mid-waist down. But, despite of the tarnished attire she wore, everything above from her face and her hair remained intact, as if she wasn't even touched. "The both of you are quite an interesting pair." Verena started, her voice filled with amusement and interest yet her face seemed to remain passive as looked upon the Warlocks. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation as it had distracted me from the beautiful artifact that had been hanging on the wall." She finished, taking her time taking in the appearance of the two beings before as she stood upright, her posture as perfect as can be.

coding; allrightsreserved deer deer

Last edited:
| cecile lightwood |
b
b
b
mood: oh shit & i'm evil | mentions: aofie, ez, vi, and ola | outfit: xxx
she was trapped under his electric blue gaze, ceasing all actions from her. she felt so stupid standing there, not moving or reacting. it took a shove from him to finally move her, which was the opposite reaction she was expecting. she expected, of course, a harsh response to the collision, but the male took it to the next level, and shoved her. cecile huffed, nostrils flaring with the sharp exhale, and muttered, "asshole." with their brief encounter, she couldn't recognize him, though she's sure that they may have fought in the dark war; she still didn't know his name.

with one look at the puddle on the floor of alcohol and broken glass, she bent down and slowly began picking up the fragments, cradling them with her open palm to avoid getting cut. upon the cleaning, cecile found a phone. it was an iphone, and it looked like one of the newer models. whomever the owner was must've been very familiar with mundane technology. cecile rose to her full height, holding the phone with a strong grip. she wasn't sure if it belonged to the male she bumped into, or if the phone had been on the floor this entire time, and belonged to someone else. the girl decided to ask the vampire owner of the establishment; she stepped over the mess on the floor, and walked to where she was sat, chatting with alicia.

"hey girls... aofie, i found this phone on the floor. you don't happen to know who the owner is, do you?" cecile initially greeted the girls with a dashing smile, then shifted to the side to properly meet aofie's eye, raising the phone in her hand so the vampire could get a good view of it.

"i have no clue. sorry cecile," she responded, frowning slightly, then turning back to continue conversing with alicia.

cecile released a frustrated sigh, and turned away. she had no clue why she was putting effort into finding the owner of the phone. in fact, she could even try selling it if she wanted to. now she had a smile etching her features at the idea of getting money from selling the phone. all she had to do was guess the password. easy, right? she lifted her hand with the phone up, and used her thumb to press down on the circular home button, watching the phone illuminate with bright light.
the lock screen was one of the neutral, automatic backgrounds that come with the phone. she clicked on the home button again, and fortunately, it took her straight to the home of the phone, where all the apps were.

"no password? nice," she whispered to herself, squinting slightly to check out all of the apps. there was nothing interesting on the phone, aside from the automatic apps. now, she really didn't have to open the camera roll. she could've easily gone to the settings and deleted the storage, but her curiosity wouldn't settle, and she just had to figure out who the owner was. cecile dragged her finger across the screen several times, looking at pictures of different locations and sunsets, but none of a person.

when she was just about to give up and go to the settings, she found a picture. it was a picture of the male she bumped into. except... he was naked. she shrieked, and happened to drop the phone, hearing the loud thud as it fell to the ground. she quickly picked it up again, circling around the area to make sure nobody was watching her. at least she knew who the owner was. for a few quick seconds, cecile couldn't help but stare at the picture. he was extremely attractive, no doubt about that. with one last parting glance, she went back to the home screen.

cecile isn't a mean person. sure, if you get her riled up, she could be prone to retaliate harshly, but she is not a naturally rude person. but, the male did shove her minutes earlier, and she just had to get some sort of revenge. what could she do, though? send the nude picture to someone? change his settings? a figurative light-bulb floated above her head, and she had to cover her lips with her hand to keep from laughing out loud. cecile went to the settings, clicked on the 'password' option, and began putting in a password that only she could know. then, she proceeded to his contacts, and quickly added her phone number. but, something was missing...

cecile opened the camera, and took a picture of herself with her middle finger in the air. she quickly made that as the wallpaper for the lock screen, then turned the phone off. she felt a lot better all of a sudden. she shoved the phone into the back pocket of her bottoms, and looked around. the last few minutes distracted her greatly, and she wasn't sure where violet was. it wasn't much of a concern for her--violet was a strong girl, and cecile would know if her parabatai were in trouble--so she decided that she'd head back to the los angeles institute. she took out her own phone, and as she began to walk out of the bookstore, she opened the uber app, and began the requisite for an uber.

as soon as she was outside, she felt the presence of someone near her, and turned to find the male talking to another female. the latter was another warlock that cecile had seen a few times before, but was not acquainted with. the girl felt a surge of confidence as she strode over to the pair, an amused smirk on her face. her hand darted out behind her, grabbing one of the corners of the male's phone so she could give it to him. "excuse me. i'm sorry to interrupt, but i believe this-" she took the phone out from her pocket, waving it in front of the male, "belongs to you. now, before i give it you, i expect an apology. you see, we were both at fault for bumping into each other, and while i was apologetic, you decided to shove me out of the way. so... apologize."

-- EZREAL DEAN

Ezreal scowled at his roommate upon mentioning his soaked clothing, he mumbled something vulgar and inaudible under his breath that thankfully didn't grace Ola's ears as he squeezed the remaining liquid dripping from his jacket, shoving his hand into its pocket and pulling out several items, laying them all out on the table one by one; his spell book, his umbrella, a lighter, a pack of wet tissues, a copy of The Great Gatsby, a half-full pack of Winston cigarettes, three rings, two condoms, a pair of boots and an old-fashioned wooden pipe. Indifferent to Ola's rambling he studied the objects on the table, squinting momentarily. He papped the jacket pocket once more, checking to see if he'd forgotten something. Then the other. The Warlock furrowed his eyebrows and scratched the back of his head confusingly. Something was missing, he'd counted fourteen items before leaving the house. Something wasn't there. Had he lost it in the Insititue? Or dropped it on the way to the pub?

A snap of Ola's fingers brought him back to reality. "Hello?" she said, whizzing her hand in front of him.

Ezreal scrunched his nose. "I'm missing something," he replied, leaning back and crossing one arm over the other, using his index finger to tug at his right earlobe.

"Yeah, your brain," Ola commented, but Ezreal was too zoned-out to appreciate the wit of her comedic reply. A tall, elegant-looking redhead made her way over to the two Warlocks, a series of unimportant words flooding from her mouth, not even bothering to peer at the newcomer, Ezreal shook his head and sat back up right, waving his hand at the girl stood before them.

"I was so sure, I counted fourteen in total, and look, there's only one, two, three-" before he could finish counting off his belongings distributed on the table, a familiar voice that had strided over to where they were sat interrupted him. Ezreal slowly looked up, locking eyes with the girl who'd pestered him twice now in the span of not even ten minutes. He clenched his jaw in annoyance, completely uninterested in whatever it was that she had to say, going back to counting off his things until she pulled a familiar-looking device from her pocket. "I believe this belongs to you," she smiled cockily, gesturing it in front of him mockingly.

He put two and two together and suddenly it clicked. My phone. I must've dropped it when she ran into me, he thought to himself as the girl rambled on about expecting an apology from him. "So... apologize," she said with that grin still on her face. Ezreal raised an eyebrow at her and glanced over at Ola who was sat back in her seat, covering her mouth with her hand yet still somehow failing miserably at hiding her evident laughter.

Taking a deep, slow breath, Ezreal rose from his chair, stepping forwards and towering over the girl by a good few inches. He flickered his eyes from her face to the phone in her hand, remaining silent for a second before smirking. "Let me ask you something," he said, taking a step sideways and motioning his hand over his belongings set on the table. "Do you see this? These are all my possessions, which have now been drenched because you, ironically, a Shadowhunter of presumed precision, can't look behind her before moving in a crowded bar. Do you know what this is?" he continued, picking up his copy of The Great Gatsby, gripping it tightly in his hands. "This, is a book. Books have pages. Those pages are made out of paper. Do you know what happens when you pour liquid over paper? It gets ruined." He slammed his book back down on the table and leaned towards her, grabbing her wrist with one hand and snatching his phone out of her fingers with the other and replacing it with his soaked book, slapping it forcefully onto her palm. "So yes, I do believe this belongs to me, and now, this belongs to you. Keep it as a souvenir, I'm sure you'll want to remember me," he snapped, keeping his glare fixed until she turned around and left with her smug expression.

Satisfied with his response, he slumped back into his seat, looking up at Ola who'd already begun bursting into a fit of laughter. "Unbelievable," he muttered, gathering all his things and stuffing them in his other jacket pocket, including the phone, which he had yet to open.

mood: annoyed
tags: tsuneni tsuneni spectro spectro deer deer
base coding by cychotic

Last edited:
"demons run when a good man goes to war."
4d8c0d06c4f0d80e914826de8d824171.jpg

mood: concerned
tags: deer deer boyguro boyguro tsuneni tsuneni spectro spectro thepression thepression

midjungards.italic.png

of the unseelie court
This was probably a bad idea. Showing up at the most crowded bar within miles, packed with distraught and injured Downworlders and Shadowhunters alike, all on a different side with different beliefs and views on the Faerie Folk, being a citizen himself of the land of the King who had just declared war and killed the Seelie Queen, made his presence in the Bloody Fang Pub just slightly inconvenient. However it wasn't the reaction or feelings of those giving him less-than-subtle glares and whispering to one another about how disgrascious it was that a Faerie show up that Freyr was worried about, rather those of the Princess. The Unseelie had yet to find her after the King and his troops had fleed from the Institute, and though his instinct beckoned to go searching for her and attempt to console her, understanding the grief she must be feeling for her Queen yet not being able to reciprocate, he knew seeing him would be the last thing she wanted, and what the Princess wants, she gets, and so Freyr kept his distance.

Engrossed deep in thought about that nights events he slowly came out of his trance, sat on a stool in front of the counter once he realized a male next to him had been speaking to him. Squeezing his eyes shut and back open, Freyr blinked at the blonde vampire with a very thick, evident English accent, going on about the Institute and how he'd almost had his head cut off. Freyr stiffled a laugh and shoved his hand into the bowl of peanuts in front of him, throwing one up in the air and catching it in his mouth. "That'd have been a scene. What if you did have your head cut off? Don't you have to be staked in your asshole or something? Would you have just been this decapitated body running around flailing your limbs?" Freyr replied light-heartedly, half-joking but also half-curious, picturing the boy darting around the Insitute looking for his head rolling all over the place. Funny. "Yeah, I was there, as you can see," he said, bravely showing off a small red scrach on his hand. "Battle scars. Those'll last me a lifetime."

Pulling his sleeve back up, Freyr glanced to the opposite side of him where he noticed a young-looking boy asking if they served peanuts. Taking another few in his hand, Freyr slid the bowl over to him and turned so that he was facing him. "Here, have some. Catch!" he shouted, pulling his arm back and tossing a peanut straight at the boy's mouth.

The Faerie was distracted by a sudden clamor behind him. He snapped his gaze to a table just a few feet away, his heart dropping when he recognized the long, silky red hair falling down the girl's back who was standing before two Warlocks and a Shadowhunter next to her. The male Warlock and the Shadowhunter, though the girl remained silent, seemed to be having an argument, becoming seemingly obvious when he forcefully slapped a book onto her hand, his grip on her wrist. Freyr gritted his jaw and stood from his seat, excusing himself to the two guys and marching over to see what was happening.

As soon as he strided over he felt Verena's cold gaze on him, unable to meet her eyes he nervously peeked at her through fallen strands of his hair hanging over his forehead, giving her a small nod and clearing his throat. "Is there a problem here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back