• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: The Second Earth War

Allcure

The One and Only

For any questions you may have, or any conversation you would like to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ajax count as one of the five benders? I ask because I've got two character ideas, and the first choice would be an earth bender. But I also have a water bender in mind that I would enjoy playing as s well.

Okay. If it's okay, I could always post a CS for both ideas, that way you can choose whichever you think would fit best.

@Allcure is the appearance section needed if all the details are in the picture? Also can you tell if you approve the idea behind my character found in the spoiler section? If so I can focus on that character or have to consider another.

Alright, after church I should be able to post a cs. Also, for the person who made Ko Watashi... I don't know if you were aware of this or not, but Watashi is the Japanese word referring to the self. In other words, watashi means 'I'. I saw it and just had to say something because I thought it was funny.

CelticHero37 said:
Also, for the person who made Ko Watashi... I don't know if you were aware of this or not, but Watashi is the Japanese word referring to the self. In other words, watashi means 'I'. I saw it and just had to say something because I thought it was funny.

I thought this was funny, too!
:P

@Allcure I'm on the opposite side of the character image vs. text description spectrum as ThatGuyWithSouvlaki. I prefer not to rely on a picture to show what my character looks like, so the picture I found is faceless (though originally I think it was meant to be Katara). I only intend for it to give a general idea of what my character looks like. I have the specific character details written out. Is that okay?

Also, is it okay if I create a character whose place of origin and culture are not based on any canon location? I'm making a waterbender, but I don't want her to be from either of the poles or the Foggy Swamp Tribe. I figured, since the latter exists, that other small pockets of waterbenders may exist elsewhere, too. And since the ethnic inspiration for the show is from mainly Asian countries, I thought it plausible that a Polynesian-esque waterbending island might exist somewhere in the world of AtLA and LoK. If you'd rather I stick to places already established, then I have a couple back-up ideas to use, so no worries!

Sorry everyone, had family around today so haven't really had a chance to look at much. The same goes for tomorrow so I apologise in advance.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki I would prefer both a picture and written description just to create a rounded image, just information such as their clothing, any scars, tattoos or features that aren't shown in the picture.

@Pigeon Like I said both is preferable but if you are struggling to find a suitable picture a detailed description should be fine. As for the fictional place of origin, I guess since the diversification of the world is quite clear in LOK a fictional location is fine as long as it is plausible and suitable to the world, by which I mean no massive advances in technology and try to include an existing fictional history with the existing nations.

Thanks for the clarification! I have several ideas floating around, but I'm hoping to get the CS done sometime today. :)

Allcure said:
Sorry everyone, had family around today so haven't really had a chance to look at much. The same goes for tomorrow so I apologise in advance.
@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki I would prefer both a picture and written description just to create a rounded image, just information such as their clothing, any scars, tattoos or features that aren't shown in the picture.

@Pigeon Like I said both is preferable but if you are struggling to find a suitable picture a detailed description should be fine. As for the fictional place of origin, I guess since the diversification of the world is quite clear in LOK a fictional location is fine as long as it is plausible and suitable to the world, by which I mean no massive advances in technology and try to include an existing fictional history with the existing nations.
OK, done.

Allcure said:
Also @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki that back story is fine, like the twist you've put on it.
Yay, hoped so.

@Allcure Now that I've finally finished my CS, I'm realizing that I actually want to do away with the whole tropical waterbender idea. Ugh. Having a waterbender from the Southern Water Tribe is now much more appealing to me, plus there would be much less grey area concerning history, customs and culture.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have time to make those edits. I leave for a trip on Wednesday and won't be back until Sunday. I'll have my iPad so I can check in, but I won't have much time to actually write. I certainly don't expect you to wait for me to put up a new CS - that wouldn't be fair. It's my fault. I just didn't time manage well enough for this one. Rats. Oh, well.

You kids have fun, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back