• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar Roleplay (CS/OOC)

Nice! Just hitting my days off and holiday bonus day as well. Not sure of what else I can do for now post wise with Zensaku, so think I’ll wait and see what you guys do next.
While I'm glad everyone is in one place, a tea shop, I'm hoping to get the ball rolling soon too. Though it'll be a while until we go beyond the walls of Ba Sing Se.

While I'm glad everyone is in one place, a tea shop, I'm hoping to get the ball rolling soon too. Though it'll be a while until we go beyond the walls of Ba Sing Se.
Yeah, same here. That’ll be fine if things take a bit before going beyond the walls, gives a bit for Zensaku to figure out the city a little more.

Yeah, same here. That’ll be fine if things take a bit before going beyond the walls, gives a bit for Zensaku to figure out the city a little more.
And so far, Karasu is not aware of her Childhood Friend's status as the Avatar. Wonder what event is going to bring everyone together, where they start staying together and eventually traveling together. Only thing I am nervous about is Karasu going into labor. The timing can be either the best or the complete worst, especially considering that a lot can happen in four weeks.

Sorry for being sort of MIA the last couple of days. I was supposed to go to the doctor on Thursday to see what might be wrong, as I've been dealing with headaches daily for going on four months now. That didn't work well, so trying again Tuesday. I also got sick late into the night on Friday and spent most of my Saturday just sleeping and feeling horrible. But I'll try to get a reply done later today, if not then try for Monday, depending on how I feel.

Sorry for being sort of MIA the last couple of days. I was supposed to go to the doctor on Thursday to see what might be wrong, as I've been dealing with headaches daily for going on four months now. That didn't work well, so trying again Tuesday. I also got sick late into the night on Friday and spent most of my Saturday just sleeping and feeling horrible. But I'll try to get a reply done later today, if not then try for Monday, depending on how I feel.
Oh no. I was wondering why you were gone </3 Well I'm glad we heard back from you, I was getting worried. Hope you feel better as the weekend passes.

Oh no. I was wondering why you were gone </3 Well I'm glad we heard back from you, I was getting worried. Hope you feel better as the weekend passes.
Thank you, I do appreciate the concern. And thanks- I'm hoping so too. This sudden cold or maybe allergies I don't know, out of nowhere sucks, but I don't think it's too bad at least. Just left me tired and drained of energy, I slept so much on Saturday, and I'm still exhausted. My throat's all sore-- it's a mess, but hopefully it'll pass soon.

That said though, I hope you guys have a great Fourth of July if you do that sort of thing, and it goes better for you.

Yo! How’s it going folks? Reading through wikia searches to find the info I’m looking for but, sub skills of elemental bending and this rp. Anyone recall the training process to learn the specifics of for example (Lavabending, Metalbending or sand bending?) or would that just be realizing it’s connection to the earth and finding a method to bend it for ones own purpose? And would it be part of this rp as potential added skills to one’s character? (Side note: Can only vaguely recall sand & metalbending from episodes I saw years back. but not the details I’m looking for case there is more to it then I’m recalling.)

Anyways, hope all so good with y’all folks. Looking forward to the Rp’s future.

Wait, Lavabending is a thing?
Apparently going by the wikia for avatar. I just learned this myself moments before posting… guess I’m more out of touch with this series then I thought also surprised it’s under earth bending sub skill as well, thought if only one element was used bending wise it would fall under fire. Or both if going beyond one nations element

The wikia is a good place to go to make sure we aren't screwing up on anything, especially the lore. I don't see Karasu doing any lavabending though. That's a little much and I don't think we'll be in places with lava access too often.

Metal Bending and Sandbending probably relate to Earthbending in some capacity, but I'm just as out of touch as the next person.

The only one I'm absolutely terrified of is Blood Bending, which is related to waterbending for sure. Because people who know how to use it usually abuse it from what I remember.

Hmmm, do you have any interactions in mind for Karasu and Zenkatsu in the future? Wonder where Foxy-Miles Foxy-Miles is. Hope they're doing okay.

The wikia is a good place to go to make sure we aren't screwing up on anything, especially the lore. I don't see Karasu doing any lavabending though. That's a little much and I don't think we'll be in places with lava access too often.

Metal Bending and Sandbending probably relate to Earthbending in some capacity, but I'm just as out of touch as the next person.

The only one I'm absolutely terrified of is Blood Bending, which is related to waterbending for sure. Because people who know how to use it usually abuse it from what I remember.

Hmmm, do you have any interactions in mind for Karasu and Zenkatsu in the future? Wonder where Foxy-Miles Foxy-Miles is. Hope they're doing okay.
True. Blood bending? Oh wow. Another sub style I didn’t know about til now, I can see how that would be cause for concern. Blood manipulation in the various series I’ve seen it in has come across issues before when tried in rp form. Oh, my bad if I was confusing. Lavabending unless altered to allow it in the rp for fire benders is actually one of the earth bending sub skills (much to my surprise kinda) I just would have guessed it would be a fire bending skill. Based off the wikia Earth bending has Lava, Metal (Liquid metal too), Sandbending & apparently glass bending (wasn’t expecting this one at all) while Fire bending has Combustion bending (never knew this one either) and lightning bending from what I’ve seen so far. Apologies if I was confusing before about it. I was up late reading the wikia again last night, trying to better my memory and knowledge of the series as it’s been years since I’ve gone through the whole original series and never saw the Korra era. So while trying to be better in those areas I’m coming across a lot I never knew about or could have guessed, while finding so many rabbit holes along the way.

Hopefully she is alright. Maybe their headaches and allergies are creating havoc still? But as for Karasu & Zensaku, Honestly I don’t know yet, I’ve been looking at not forcing my character on anybody especially with the current dialogues that I haven’t gotten too far on ideas for interactions with Karasu or anybody yet.

I figure based off how everyone has met so far, maybe a second encounter leads to a interaction between them? Perhaps, he’s discovered sleeping in some alleyway by Karasu the next morning perhaps noticing his sketch pad that might draw ones eye and start from there? That’s one idea.

Or perhaps the sketch pad is merely spotted at any point and used to spark a conversation.

Last edited:
Simple rough draft ideas to occupy my mind and leave open for discussion/further ideas on same or related topics:

Topic/idea 1: Zensaku (possible bio expansion idea)
The tale of Zensaku wasn’t ever told in full. A shadow always looming overhead to dim the light that’s wanting to shine, a constant drifting along from one place to another without any true purpose or guidance of reason. Even before now there has always been a drifting, ever changing sway to Zensaku’s life dating back to his birth, always being pulled either here or there, this way and that…

Born in the city of Omashu, yet throughout his early life trips through the Si Wong desert had made appearances from time to time leading to a knowledge of the sandbenders there. But it wasn’t until his trip to Kyoshi island when things truly began to take a turn and shape his life for better or perhaps worse pending the view on matters. But let’s take a trip back in time a little to share of who Zensaku truly was before his… incident that was perhaps driven by fate? Zen was a artistic sort always finding time to express himself through his sketches and various paintings he’d bring to life to some degree at least. He was never a greatly motivated sort, never aspired to be anything more then a free artist allowed to live peacefully in a time of war, a never ending seeming war….

Zen while skillful a earth bender as he could be or the potential and power he could one day possibly achieve. Never thought about using such abilities in forced manner for some war. Never desired to take a life. He merely wanted a freedom to be whatever and whoever he might without the influence of war and forced into things. However the present era wouldn’t be what it was without a hinderance or two to provide obstacles in his life. He couldn’t simply use his earth bending Willy billy to help someone or create a shelter for himself during trips abroad.

He was forced to hide his abilities in order to live. But he couldn’t live without hiding which meant Zen wasn’t truly ever himself, only one half of one soul, one complete story one might have, one he might have. A mellow, sometimes timid sort who only sought to
Help others through his bending talents and not to take lives for a nations leaders and their desires. One who didn’t express himself by opening up the bottle and sharing his feelings easily and openly but rather by either closing the bottle tightly and firmly shut or through his artistic ways.

Bringing us toward his days on Kyoshi island. Upon arrival it seemed fate was meant to intervene in his wanderers lifestyle, starting with the first laying of eyes upon a beautiful sight, a woman roughly about his age that caught his gaze instantly, a first love perhaps? A mere crush maybe? Either way… He was all but smitten and spellbound by this woman. However he never found it easy to talk to her or say anything intelligent or interesting for some time. Always the fool was the part he’d play….

However she was his inspiration to become more then he was and reason to use his talents not for war time use, but to protect those around him that couldn’t, those in need or those he cherished. Zen upped his training ten fold, worked tirelessly to improve his bending and put the work in to pair with whatever talent and skill he might of possessed. Zen became a loyal and trustworthy friend and ally to this young woman who played a role of importance to those on the island and secretly even to the earth nation itself.

A day came when the island was invaded in search for a particular item. A small scale war breaking out that led to this girl entrusting this item that was placed inside the locket she had given to him as a gift sometime before the invasion and made him promise to keep it safe, keep it hidden from those wanting to misuse it for its power and the part it could
play in this war. The pair became surrounded even as they tried to escape with others looking to not only draw the enemy away from the island and ultimately off it, but to keep the villagers safe as much as they could.

A fight broke out on epic scale, a clash that saw Zen witness the death of his first crush/love and the birth of a promise that would tie him to this war and her memory, last wish for the rest of his time. A death that would lead to his unleashed rage that brought out a different side of him, a side that took his earth bending to another level for a time yet ultimately also led to his comatose state and amnesia as well as lucky keeping of the very item they (the enemy force) were after to begin with and saw more death then ever desired to see. How he went from one fashion of clothing to another or how things went after he finally collapsed amidst the heat of battle and unleashed rage was another story and one Zensaku may never know.

But however it might of happened, it’s led to his safety and survival to the now journey he’s on as we know it now.

Last edited:
Was hoping to see this come back but sadly it’s not looking like it. If it does, I’m still on board to return and see things develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back