• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom AVATAR: Chaos Reigns

Allcure

The One and Only
An Avatar RP which I started up a while ago and is still actually on going on another site. I want to open up another branch of it here to see how things could have developed differently. If I get enough interest that is.

What if in the Red lotus had succeeded you ask? Well in this AU... they did. Avatar Korra was successfully killed and in the seventeen years that followed all forms of government have been systematically eradiated leaving behind only anarchy in its wake. The great cities of the world are now crumbled ruins as the few people left are holed up in small isolated groups, roaming the wastelands as nomads or marauders. The spirits... technology... common human decency? all forgotten in this desolate world.

In This AU the world is about as apocalyptic as it can get. A few strongholds hold out against marauders, murderers and cannibals which roam the Wastelands. Technology has reverted back to the dark ages, with a few exceptions, and the population has fallen drastically due to wars, famine and disease. The few survivors who are left scavenge what they can find or grow what little food they can in a land ravaged by wars.

The Red Lotus is still at large, as in this AU only one of the main four died in their attempt to kill the avatar, that being P'li. This means that lurking in the shadows of this new world Zaheer, Ghazan and Ming-Hua lie in wait.

Since this is only 17 years after the events of book 3, most of the cannon characters are still alive, doing all in their power to restore Order but the Red Lotus has grown in the years of Chaos that followed Korra's death and it seems like an impossible task.

Through reasons currently unknown the Avatar has returned and alongside a brave few will fight to return order to the war torn world.

Please bear in mind I want this to be somewhere in between an intermediate and advanced RP looking for 3-5 Rpers with experience in both RPing and the Avatar universe :)

Sounds great. Avatar is one of my favorite shows, and I hate how Nick treated it

OOOH OOOOOH PICK ME PICK ME. I watched the original Avatar but I haven't seen much of Korra, something I'll probably incorporate into my char. However, I do know the basics.

Legend of Korra is LITERALLY my most favorite show of all time. (That book 4 finale still has me emotionally crushed.) I would he honored to jump in and explore this awesome plot you've created. If there is still room for me that is.

Natevess said:
I could never really get into Korra's first season. Is it really that good?
The steam punk and 1920's industrialism vibe played well into the first season. It was able to create darker more dramatic stories. And then there is Amon, who presented a fresh, innovative take on bending altogether. Amon was a character with multiple layers, and he embodied a side of antagonism that we’d never seen before in the Avatar universe; he was morally amorphous! (A radical tyrant, for sure, but one with fair-minded goals and a complicated past...) Above all else, he was a character with redeeming qualities, and that’s always the mark of a good villain. The humor of the show helped to break up the dark story line though. And of course, Team Avatar and all of it's members melted perfectly together. However, the love triangles get in the way! (Although I don't mind at all!!!) The triangles range from the teens to the adults of the show as well. It's a nice dose of mystery to uncover their past lives, and a great way to see the previous Team Avatar faces, (Sokka, Aang, Toph) uncover the truths. And speaking of Aang, the spiritual struggle is a nice fresh take on a new avatar. You learn life lessons through the lives of each character. If I were you I would take the time to watch the first season with the previous avatar series in mind as a building block. Maybe that could change your mind. :)

Wow that was long and drawn out I apologize I just love this so to death. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back