• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avaster, College of the Magicks

In this world, there are people who believe in magic, and people who don't. The concept of Magic is seen with show performers and magicians, making it cliche to the average muggle. But there is a minority of people who know magic exists. This small group of people are Witches and wizards, magic users. These people were born with the ability to use magic and to casts spells, curses and other curious and unusual things.
But for centuries, Witches and wizards have been looked down upon, attacked and hated. They needed a place to safely practice magic.
Schools of wizardry erected from the grounds in the forms of castles and separated from the rest of the world. Colleges were meticulously built off-shore and hidden from the Muggles. Witch craft and spells were taught behind the huge walls.

Esther stood at the entrance, collecting tickets once students entered the ferry. She had a very welcoming smile , and soft, gentle eyes that held a tawny green colour. Her auburn locks were pulled back into a low bun, stray hairs falling onto the sides of her face. " Enjoy the ride." " Welcome Aboard." "Thank you for coming." She greeted people over and over again as they walked through the door endlessly.

" Mother, your choking me-" Eleyond muffled out,struggling against his mother as she took him into a death hold, kissing his cheeks and smothering him in front of the port. " You be safe. Don't forget to send me letters." She persisted in and on with the orders and the advice and the endless worrying. " Mum.. I'm eighteen, I'll be fine, please." He struggled to say as his cheeks were pressed together. Finally, he was freed from her arms. He took a deep breath, gasping for air. He couldn't help but smile at his very over protective mother, though." Make sure you take your vitamins and your ointments." She reminded him obnoxiously. Eleyond nodded, grabbing onto his bags. " Mum, you reminded me in the car. I have to go. " Eleyond reminded her, leaning down and kissing her forehead." Don't drive dad crazy. Okay? I love you." He disclosed to her, kissing her once more and heading to the ferry. He waved to his mother, who was jittering on the spot. He went up the ramp and through the doors, handing the lady his ticket.

After a very long trip on the train and a fairly long walk, Ruth finally made it to the ferry. She set hr bags down with a thump, letting herself take a breather. 'Why didn't I bring a trolley?' She scolded herself, looking at the animal carrier that had a cloth draped over it.She crouched down to it and lifted it up, poking her head inside. The Siamese kitten meowed groggily at her. Ruth slowly put the blanket back down again. Taking a deep breath to mentally prepare herself, she curled her finger around her suitcase, which had two smaller bags against it, being tied with plastic, and her cat carrier, buckets being carefully stacked on that. She picked them both up, waddling to the ferry. Over and over, she scolded herself, ' Why didn't you just get the one with wheels? Why did you have to Bring so much clothing?'. Ruth's brother was long gone on the ferry, so there was no helping her there. Wadding up the ramps and murmuring apologies occasionally as her bags bumped and pushed people, she finally made it past the doors. She set down her mutant looking bags, digging into her jacket pocket and giving the woman the ticket before carrying on.

Max strolled her bags along with her on a small but useful trolley she brought from home. She was last to finish school out of her four brothers , so, she was used to this place. She strolled past people, looking at their bags. Some had mountainous loads of bags, while others, much like her, only had one or two bags full of stuff. Her owl cage set on top, small little wrapped up boxes being set up behind it. She made her way fairly quickly up the ramp. Having her ticket ready, she gave it to the woman, strolling on inside. The interior of the ship was huge, much like any other ferry. Wooden floor boards spread across the boats floor. There were seating areas and other places alike. A small bar where students could buy themselves a quick snack for the ride. Windows lined the walls of the boat, but there wasn't much to see for now. The boat was filling with all different people from different levels.Max strolled herself to a seating area which was in the corner and was empty, setting her owl cage between her feet. She took a book , which the owl was set upon, and opened it, starting to read, already.

Ruth found a seat as quickly as possible, setting her bags down infront of her, putting her cat carrier in her lap. She relaxed in the velvety seating, closing her eyes. She had lived very far away from this place, so, it was a headache to come here. But she was glad that she decided to. She opened her eyes and pulled off the blanket of the carrier. Ruth unlocked the cage, taking the kitten out. She set the carrier down, putting in the small boxes into the carrier, closing it and locking it. Returning to the still sleepy kitten, she set it onto her lap, setting the blanket on it softly. The kitten curled up and slumped against her.

Eleyond sat with Max, the only other person he knew other than himself. He didn't say much to her, instead, he just set his rat cage on the table, taking out a container of rat food. He began to feet the hungry little rat, it squeaking and rustling about in the shredded news paper. Max peeked up from her book and smiled at Eleyond, returning back to her book.

Angelo and Seraphina, Ange and Sera, should have arrived to the port together, but they did not do so. Sera Avery arrived with her parents, while her twin arrived with their mutual friend, the ingenious muggleborn friend, Noah Bellamy. The summer had been problematic, needless to say, and Angelo was kicked out of the Avery estate. His image was burned off the tree.

So needless to say, before Seraphina was allowed to leave for the ferry, her father made sure to offer a small bit of parting advice: “Don’t follow in your brother’s footsteps.”

‘If only you knew.’ The black-haired woman thought, but only nodded, blue eyes fixed upon his as he seemed to seek them for any hint that she was lying, or worried.

The man gave a smile and squeezed her arms then before straightening up, “Good. Nothing good can come of such beliefs, or from hanging around such…people,” he sneered the word, as if the word itself were wrong. Seraphina knew that to him, it was, and she chanced a glance at her mother, who kept her gaze low. A beautiful woman of house Carrow, and yet she did not share all of her father’s thoughts.

It was from her, Angelo and Seraphina had thought to look outside the box of pureblood drama, and their father did blame her. Sera had heard the fights. They wouldn’t end. She pitied her mother for it, and quietly wished she’d find the strength one day to leave, but knew it would never happen.

Sera learned the art of lying and hiding from her, too. That was why she did not speak to remind him that muggles were people. Human. No, she kept her lips shut, because otherwise he would go into a rant about classifying them as beasts. “I know, father. May I go now?” She was anxious to leave his presence, for the freedom of Avaster.

“Yes,” he consented, and without another word, she was quick to the ramp of the ferry and passed her ticket on to the person. She had no pet with her, no owl, no cat, only her luggage which was already enchanted to one bag to make it easier to carry, though it would have otherwise fit several bags.

‘Where are you?’ Her eyes scanned the area, walking purposefully around the ferry. She noted some faces – her fellow Slytherin, and of course, the other purebloods, like Eleyond – who ended up in Hufflepuff. Like her brother. She opted to approach him, just in case. “Excuse me,” she spoke quietly, hoping not to startle them, as she noticed Eleyond was not alone but with another who had their face buried in a book. “Have either of you seen Angelo?”

Little did Seraphina know that Angelo and Noah were running late. They had tried to catch a cab to the area, and the cab got stuck in traffic. Fortunately, they did arrive before the ferry left, though they both made a run for it. Angelo had decided to go live with Noah and his parents for a bit, and so he had volunteered to help Noah get to the ship.

Noah’s parents didn’t understand any of it, really, but they were supportive. Muggles.

“We made it!” Angelo laughed once they were actually on the ship, nearly out of breath. The hufflepuff was always easy-going, and he gave his friend a grin, “Don’t look at me like that,” he noticed the scowling brown eyes as the shorter man tried to look furious. He never did – at least not to Angelo. “I got you here. You said we should take a cab. We could have apparated.”

“Not from my parent’s house!”

“Why not? They know about magic. Don’t you have floo powder?”

“No….”

“Really? Huh.” Angelo shrugged his shoulders and then let go of his luggage, stretching up. The pet cat he had mewed pitifully from her cage, “I know, I know, we’ll get settled somewhere and I’ll let you out. How come you didn’t bring your dog, Noah?” Angelo asked then, finishing his stretch and reaching back down for his luggage to start to pull it along.

The brunette shrugged, but answered, “He doesn’t do well with magic.” To say the least. Angelo should have noticed that.

“Ah.” He accepted that answer as he finally started walking again, “Well let’s find some place to hole up and then go raid the snacks.”

“Shouldn’t someone watch our stuff?” Noah asked, anxiously glancing at his own luggage as they moved on ahead.

“Sera will, once we find her, too.” She would probably want to stay put. Read. No one was going to disturb her unless they had a death wish. She hadn’t been Slytherin Prefect or Head Girl for no reason – and Slytherins who rose high did so because they were potent and respected. “I think I see her now, too,” he smirked a bit as they went below deck to where some of the cabins were lined up, resembling the Hogwarts Express.

“Sera!” He called out, timing it so perfectly as she finished asking her question of Eleyond that he was able to see the red catch in her cheeks as she realized how inobservant she’d been.

The sound of page brushing against the other pages and the feel of the soft paper on her fingertips made Max blissful and brought deep comfort to her. Books were her go to in uncomfortable situations, like when the place is crowded, or she is in a stressful atmosphere. Much like her long gone mother, she read for pleasure.

Eleyond brought out his rat from the cage, petting it and grooming the small hand-sized creature. The rat had a peculiar name- Pistachio. The rats fur was a soft brown colour with black beady eyes, so naturally, Eleyond thought it suited it fine. " Arent you just the cutest little rat ever?" He babied the pet, nuzzling it with joy.

Looking up from his rat to the young and familiar girl infront of him, he took a few moments to click. He stared at her with a dumbfounded gaze and an open mouth. His expression turned cheerful, his mouth closing and the corner of his lips curving into a smile. " Sorry-Didn't recognise you for a second. Pardon me. And Angelo? No. I haven't seen hi-" His sentence was interrupted by the hollering of her brother, Angelo. Eleyonds smiled turned much more awkward and stiff at this time, his shoulders tensing. " Thats him, Im guessing." He uttered. Unlike any of his pure blood siblings or friends, Eleyond was very skittish. He was put off things very easily, and by the looks of it, her brother was one of those things.

Hearing the shout of Seras name, Max was interrupted from her book. She looked up from the book, and set her amber eyes on him. The copperish yellow tint of her eyes were definitely striking, but it contrasted with the soft, feminine and sleek features of her face. The only thing that made her Slytherin material was that Max was a very hard worker. If she knew what she wanted, she would stop at nothing to get it. She always follows her whims, being the chaotic neutral she was. Her stubbornness was the most Slytherin about her.

The odd one out was Ruth. She was alone at her table. Her bags were under her seat, her cat in her lap. She knew she looked pathetic too. Unlike the many other people, she didnt have any friends coming along with her. She was the only person going to Avaster. The others either went to a different college, or didn't go at all. Glancing down at her kitten with her deep black eyes that only blended her deeper into the crowd. " Im so glad you came.." She whispered to the kitty, letting her long and almond shaped nails brush through the cats black fur.

" If you want, you can sit with us." Eleyond offered awkwardly, blandly shrugging. It was understandable that he was trying to be as nice as possible, it was just apart of him. He had noticed the red of her cheeks. He knew how she felt, he had been there more than enough times.

After a long while, Students stopped boarding. There were double checks for any late students and checks for anyone who shouldnt be there. Soon enough, the door was closed to the docks. An announcement was made on the speakers. " Hello passengers, and welcome to Avasters Ferry! If you could all take your seals for the first few minutes of the ride, that would be wonderful. " The woman said. She took a breath, and continued. " As you can see, there are snack bars and a few toilets along the way for your comfort. Don't be shy to use them. Enjoy your trip!" And the speakers shut off.

Students began to move to different seats in their friend groups, Tables began to fill up fast. Spots began to grow thin. Seating spaces became... crucial, in a social persons eye at least.

Last edited:
A patient smile came to Seraphina’s lips a moment as Eleyond recognized her, and what was going on. It was that moment later they were interrupted, and he tensed. Sera gave a roll of her eyes, but nodded, glancing back as Angelo and Noah approached them. She was with a familiar face – Eleyond, the other pureblood Hufflepuff. Except, Eleyond didn’t seem to be ostracized for it.

“Hey, El!” Angelo greeted cheerfully, hearing the offer, “Don’t mind if we do,” Angelo was quick to claim a seat, and Noah sighed, taking one as well that would be between the two siblings. Sera took her own last. “I’m gonna run and get some snacks for us, you want anything?” Angelo asked as he got up again, now that his butt had claimed his spot. He set the kitten’s cage in the seat though.

Sera simply moved to undo the cage’s door and bring the cat out, pulling it into her lap to idly stroke it, since it seemed tense.

“Get some of the pasties, please!” Noah said, once he was settled.

‘Where are you even getting the money?’ Sera didn’t ask that. Not the right company. She’d harass Angelo about it later, since she knew that he was cut off from the family wealth.

“Pasties, got it. Anything else? Anyone else?” Angelo asked.

“You know what I want,” Sera stated, not bothering to voice it. He knew her only too well, no matter his status as a blood traitor. And she wasn’t turning away free things.

" Oh, Hello Angelo." He smiled, his shoulders seeming to strain even more. " S-Sure, Sit." He murmured uneasily.. Eleyond wasn't one who was keen on big crowds, nor was his friend Max. But, they both would tolerate it, since they were a little too kind to tell them to bugger off. Noticing the cage, he observed it. It didn't take him long to realise that it was a cat cage. Eleyondanxiously held his rat close. " Your ..pet is just a kitten, right? He wont eat my pet..?" He inquired, both curiosity and concern edging onto his tone.

Looking past her book, Max perked up and nodded, reaching into her pocket before taking out her small purse. " Yes-please. " She interrupted. "Could you get me some Chocolate? Use my money." She spoke up. She had a smooth and soft voice, and a very foreign accent. It sounded like it had a tint of scandinavian in it. Max didn't speak much- not even in classes. So her sudden accent and slight broken english was a shocker to most. Holding out her purse for him to take, she returned to her book, turning a page as she continued on.

Eleyond looked at Noah, and tilted his head. " Pardon me dearly, but, I haven't seen you around.. What's your name?' The curious boy asked, pondering in his conscious. This boy seemed familiar, but, he couldn't put a finger on it. Perhaps he had been too notice him properly, which seemed just rude to Eleyonds perspective.

Esther counted the tickets, and did a quick , but not so accurate head count of the people in the ferry. She got similar numbers, so, she came to the conclusion that all the students had come onto the boat were ready. She hurried her way up to the front of the boat, climbing the stairs and going to the captain to tell them that they were ready to take off.

With a slight jolt, the boat began to move, the boat making a steady move toward the open water.

Seraphina arched a brow at the strange question from Eleyond, “Even a kitten will kill a mouse if it is hungry,” or bored, though she figured it was better not to mention that. Though, the gray creature, Jinn, was not a kitten, and it had killed plenty of mice and birds in its day, “I won’t let him near,” Sera offered simply. She explained this while Angelo reached across to take the funds from Max, so he could purchase her chocolate.

“Got it! I’ll be back in a couple of minutes!” And with the orders around, he darted off to go fetch the food for all of them.

As the attention was brought to Noah, he froze a moment, then managed a hasty smile. He knew Eleyond. He had learned fairly quickly who all the purebloods were, so he could learn to stay out of their sight. The Avery siblings were some of the exceptions – it was the Slytherin who ended up saving his ass from those so opposed to muggleborns. ‘Just because of your name doesn’t mean he’ll be rude. He may just think you’re half or something.’

“I’m Noah Bellamy,” he introduced, “I, uh, I was in Ravenclaw. It’s good to meet you, Mr. …?” He figured he shouldn’t make it too obvious he already knew. Even if it may be expected for a Ravenclaw to know things.

Sera didn’t close out the introduction, only paid her attentions to the cat she hadn’t seen in too long. Angelo did take him away when he moved out, after all. Jerk.

Eleyonds shoulder surgery relaxed as he looked down at his rat. " Thank you." He seemed much more relieved, Setting his rat in its cage, he grinned softly, at Noah. Hearing the title he had been given, he seemed puzzled. Mr? He had never been labeled in such a way. And he didn't exactly enjoy it, it made him seem up himself. " Please, you don't need to address me formally. My name is Eleyond. But most people call me El. I myself was in Hufflepuff. " He explained, all while fixing the interior of his rat cage, and closing it.

Max bookmarked the page she had stopped on, closing the book and setting it down on the table. Max drummed her fingers on the table, looking outside of the glass windows. She hen turned her stare to the cat. Max wasn't fond of animals like Cars and dogs. She much preferred Birds and sea critters. Breaking her stare from the cat, she let it drift up to Seras face, but, before she could notice, she dropped her view back to her book cover.

( sorry about short reply. Not sure what else I could add

Users who are viewing this thread

Back