• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avalos Academy New CS

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Name: Maxwell "Azier" Burnan

Appearance:
View attachment 746178
Height: 7'2''

Weight: 218lbs.

Magic Classification: Evocation- Energy manipulation/siphoning

Unique Spells:

Burn: This spell uses heat energy from surrounding sources and/or the user to create a small flame which the user can control, either to create walls of fire, ignite objects, shoot powerful fire blasts, or illuminate darkness. The user can also opt to not create a flame and release the heat energy by touch instead.

Electrify: This spell uses electric energy from surrounding sources and/or the user to create an orb of electrical energy which the user can control to do things such as electrify metal objects, stun opponents, create electrical barriers, or energize certain objects.

Chill: The user steals the heat energy of an object or objects they touch to rapidly cool them down. This can also be used to put out flames or protect oneself or others from extreme temperature.

Null: This spell steals the kinetic energy of an object that comes in contact with the user (Example, stopping a spear). This energy can then be expelled back into an object (Example, adding the energy from stopping a spear to a rock you throw, adding said energy to your own throw).

Drain/Replinish: This spell partially drains the life force of something that the user touches, or from the user themselves. The life energy can then be used to heal the user or another target. This spell cannot take someone's life, nor can it bring something back from the dead.

Gleam/Darken: This spell can absorb light within a certain radius around it, creating total darkness. The light can then be released as a bright flash, a directed beam of light, or an orb of light. This spell does not do damage but has the potential to blind an opponent (or the user if they aren't careful).

Dispel: This spell can remove most magical effects from creatures or objects, allowing the user to lift curses, remove enchantments, and sometimes even nullify weaker spells cast against the user.

Gravitational Fluctuate: This spell causes limited gravitational fluctuations within a 10 foot sphere within 10ft. of the user. These fluctuations could either increase or decrease gravity within the designated area.

Energy Bind: This spell binds two living beings soul energy together, allowing them to sense where the other is and tell if they are in danger. It can also be used to communicate emotions to other living creatures without speaking the same language.

Biography: Maxwell was born to a normal family. His mother left when he was seven and he has been helping his father to raise his younger sister ever since. He came to this school because he was always fascinated by magic. And if he became good enough, then maybe he could help support his family better.

Personality: Is nervous around people and thus usually acts like he's bored of everyone, although he secretly craves human interaction. He loves animals and can usually be found out in the woods looking for new ones to befriend. He has a natural talent for music and plays the piano and sings quite well. He also secretly is an amazing cook.

Relationships: None yet but open.

Likes: Music, animals (especially ravens and cats), caves, forests, high up places, water, sour things, and steak.

Dislikes: Heat, loud noises, rude people, chicken (as in the meat), bright lights, overly sweet things, wasps, and shorts.

Sexuality: Bi leaning towards straight.

Weapons/Outfits/Equipment:

Weapon: Two dense metal orbs about the size of an eyeball each. They are bound to him so they return to his hand when he calls them back unless they are obstructed. They are virtually indestructible but other than that they hare no special features.

Equipment: A bag of holding. A medium sized pouch with an opening that can stretch to about 10 feet wide. Inside the bag is a pocket dimension with the dimensions of a 50 foot cube. Anything inside the bag does not impose weight on anything outside the bag (Aka you wont feel the weight of what's in the bag while you're carrying it) and forces outside of the bag will not effect things inside the bag. If the bag is destroyed all the contents will appear on the ground in the nearest unoccupied space outside of the bag.

Equipment: A small pendant of a raven with runic carvings and spiral patterns carved onto the wings. The markings and eyes glow blue when someone within 200 feet has ill intent.

Extra: He has a pet cat named Renfeild that he carries around in his bag of holding. Renfeild can leave anytime he needs to but prefers to stay hidden inside the bag.
To what extent can Maxwell affect gravity? Also does his drain work on other people? And does his dispel work on magic cast from other people?
Also are you sure you want your character to be 7'2 that is abit abnormally high but it's not a problem.

I'd say at maximum the gravity can make something feel about 4 times heavier. If that's too much then I could lower it to only twice as heavy. Preferably I would make the gravity closer to six times heavier but I feel like that might be a little too much. And the drain was supposed to be able to work on people but can only weaken them to a certain point. It's a contact spell and it takes time to drain any significant amount of energy so I was thinking that's why it would be balanced. And For the dispel spell, I was thinking it could work on weaker spells, things like magical darkness or something like that, but not something like a fireball or lightning bolt. Maybe it could work on a spell of that level but it would take a decent amount of energy out of him. And also, yes I want him tall. I like tall bois because I want to be taller. Although I'm not technically short...

I'd say at maximum the gravity can make something feel about 4 times heavier. If that's too much then I could lower it to only twice as heavy. Preferably I would make the gravity closer to six times heavier but I feel like that might be a little too much. And the drain was supposed to be able to work on people but can only weaken them to a certain point. It's a contact spell and it takes time to drain any significant amount of energy so I was thinking that's why it would be balanced. And For the dispel spell, I was thinking it could work on weaker spells, things like magical darkness or something like that, but not something like a fireball or lightning bolt. Maybe it could work on a spell of that level but it would take a decent amount of energy out of him. And also, yes I want him tall. I like tall bois because I want to be taller. Although I'm not technically short...
2 times seems fair. Drain being a contact spell seems fine. I think dispelling weaker spells is fair too.

Also I'm trying to avoid having pocket dimensions in character powers but I think a bag that is enchanted to hold more than normal would be fine. It can still be weightless and It can still drop items when destroyed too.

I'm fine with having a pet cat too but I'd also like to possibly use it in a future post maybe? Maybe it could roam the school too and people could pet it?

I'm ok with all of that. And I was thinking of having a sort of "Adventures of Renfield the Cat" sort of thing as a side story of sorts anyway. Basically follow Renfield on the occasional outing and watch what he does and what trouble he may or may not get into. Like possibly trying to eat a phoenix. Or befriending a griffin cub only for the mother to chase him off. That is if phoenix and griffins exist in this world.

I'm ok with all of that. And I was thinking of having a sort of "Adventures of Renfield the Cat" sort of thing as a side story of sorts anyway. Basically follow Renfield on the occasional outing and watch what he does and what trouble he may or may not get into. Like possibly trying to eat a phoenix. Or befriending a griffin cub only for the mother to chase him off. That is if phoenix and griffins exist in this world.
Alright then you’re approved to post

Good to hear. Thanks.

Although... I should probably sleep before I post since it's 2:30 AM for me and I'm completely neglecting sleep....

Name: Flame (Changed name to the translation of her middle) Arii Drayceon
Appearance:
Flame—human.png
5'8". Physical oddities (bird-like feet, slit-pupils, fangs) caused by an alteration mage's mistake.

Magic Classification: Destruction. Thermokinetic. (Immune to heat and can control it. And yes. I have some balancers in place)
Unique Spells:
While Flame usually just does what comes to mind at the moment of the battle, they do have a few signature moves they know works in a pinch.

Overheat:
Flame amasses as much heat in the boundaries of their body as they can before releasing it all in a massive, damaging AOE. Will completely drain them.

Heatstroke:
An inverse of overheat and one of their stealth attacks. Flame waits until the enemy is stationary before forcefully raising their body-temperature all at once, causing temperature shock and, depending on how long it's held, heatstroke. Hence the name.

Dragon-aspect:
Flame summons a dragon-like form made completely out of heat. Mainly used for show.

Condense:
Flame condenses heat into tiny steaks, which increase their power but are also more taxing.

Ignite:
If Flame manages to make a spark on something and there's enough heat, all of said heat will ignite into visible fire, normally a flash, to blind opponents.

Biography:
Flame was born in Pollinivar, where, before they could even form comprehensible thought, their birth-parents were killed. They were adopted by a family friend, Jet Kadoshi, who worked with a dragon aerie. There, Flame was raised passively learning how dragons acted, were trained, etc. They absolutely adored the dragons, chattering with them and trying to copy the sounds they made.

They went to Avalos for the sole reason of dragons , in fact.

Personality:
Flame is a very logic-driven person. They work on a surprisingly intelligible system of logic. Observe, hypothesize, test, repeat… although their default reaction to people in general is disdain. They're generally fairly mellow, sticking to the background to watch events unfold and only ever really stepping up if something piques their interest or offends them so badly that they can’t let it rest.

Most often, said offenses tend to be insults to their friends or family.

Despite this, they are still a person, and when emotions do come out of the box they shove them in, they are most often explosive from constant suppression.

Though they usually have a generally good handle on themselves, they are quite cynical most of the time, doing the same to other people as they do to themselves; pick them apart very slowly and very carefully to figure out their weakest points.

Relationships:
Jet—adoptive father.
Dislikes: Eating. Cold. Feeling tired. Being forced to do something they don't wanna do. Ghost stories.
Sexuality: Absolute nope. Just nope.
Weapons/Outfits/Equipment: Pair of double-edged, slightly curved Janbiya. A set of six small, pointed, metal sticks, each containing a canister of paralysis poison.

Extra:
A very good mimicker.
Could probably stand upright on a dragon's back, but can't do shit on the ground (probably couldn't even ride a horse if they tried.
Very fast and incredibly stealthy.

Weaknesses:
-Very sensitive to acids.
-Temperatures under 25 F will kill them without enough heat to manipulate.
-Spectrophobic (Fear of mirrors or, rather, what could be in them).
  • Cannot focus or really do anything when they notice a mirror is present (unless already in a high-stress situation).
-Weak to physical damage.
-Blood coagulates very slowly.
-Using their thermal ability too much will also kill them.
-Abrupt loud sounds will likely cause a startle, or even them to freeze.
-Bright flashes of light will blind them (including fathers from their own fire).
-Doesn't deal well with light in general.

Name: Maxwell "Azier" Burnan

Appearance:
View attachment 746178
Height: 7'2''

Weight: 218lbs.

Magic Classification: Evocation- Energy manipulation/siphoning

Unique Spells:

Burn: This spell uses heat energy from surrounding sources and/or the user to create a small flame which the user can control, either to create walls of fire, ignite objects, shoot powerful fire blasts, or illuminate darkness. The user can also opt to not create a flame and release the heat energy by touch instead.

Electrify: This spell uses electric energy from surrounding sources and/or the user to create an orb of electrical energy which the user can control to do things such as electrify metal objects, stun opponents, create electrical barriers, or energize certain objects.

Chill: The user steals the heat energy of an object or objects they touch to rapidly cool them down. This can also be used to put out flames or protect oneself or others from extreme temperatures.

Null: This spell steals the kinetic energy of an object that comes in contact with the user (Example, stopping a spear). This energy can then be expelled back into an object (Example, adding the energy from stopping a spear to a rock you throw, adding said energy to your throw).

Drain/Replenish: This spell partially drains the life force of something that the user touches, or from the user. The life energy can then be used to heal the user or another target. This spell cannot take someone's life, nor can it bring something back from the dead.

Gleam/Darken: This spell can absorb light within a certain radius around it, creating total darkness. The light can then be released as a bright flash, a directed beam of light, or an orb of light. This spell does not do damage but has the potential to blind an opponent (or the user if they aren't careful).

Dispel: This spell can remove most magical effects from creatures or objects, allowing the user to lift curses, remove enchantments, and sometimes even nullify weaker spells cast against the user.

Gravitational Fluctuate: This spell causes limited gravitational fluctuations within a 10-foot sphere within 10ft of the user. These fluctuations could either increase or decrease gravity within the designated area.

Energy Bind: This spell binds two living beings soul energy together, allowing them to sense where the other is and tell if they are in danger. It can also be used to communicate emotions to other living creatures without speaking the same language.

Biography: Maxwell was born to a normal family. His mother left when he was seven and he has been helping his father to raise his younger sister ever since. He came to this school because he was always fascinated by magic. And if he became good enough, then maybe he could help support his family better.

Personality: Is nervous around people and thus usually acts like he's bored with everyone, although he secretly craves human interaction. He loves animals and can usually be found out in the woods looking for new ones to befriend. He has a natural talent for music and plays the piano and sings quite well. He also secretly is an amazing cook.

Relationships: None yet but open.

Likes: Music, animals (especially ravens and cats), caves, forests, high up places, water, sour things, and steak.

Dislikes: Heat, loud noises, rude people, chicken (as in the meat), bright lights, overly sweet things, wasps, and shorts.

Sexuality: Bi leaning towards straight.

Weapons/Outfits/Equipment:

Weapon: Two dense metal orbs about the size of an eyeball each. They are bound to him so they return to his hand when he calls them back unless they are obstructed. They are virtually indestructible but other than that they don't have any special features.

Equipment: A bag of holding. A medium-sized pouch with an opening that can stretch to about 10 feet wide. Inside the bag is a pocket dimension with the dimensions of a 50-foot cube. Anything inside the bag does not impose weight on anything outside the bag (Aka you won't feel the weight of what's in the bag while you're carrying it) and forces outside of the bag will not affect things inside the bag. If the bag is destroyed all the contents will appear on the ground in the nearest unoccupied space outside of the bag.

Equipment: A small pendant of a raven with runic carvings and spiral patterns carved onto the wings. The markings and eyes glow blue when someone within 200 feet has ill intent.

Extra: He has a pet cat named Renfield that he carries around in his bag of holding. Renfield can leave anytime he needs to but prefers to stay hidden inside the bag.
I hv a small question so with your drain and replenish does taking some life force cause the victim to fall unconcious (I can't spell to save my life) or just nothing happens?

I hv a small question so with your drain and replenish does taking some life force cause the victim to fall unconcious (I can't spell to save my life) or just nothing happens?

Well theoretically if you drain enough from them then they might fall unconscious from being weakened but I didn't really think of that when I made the spell.

Name: Jethro Varga
Appearance:
1596256813465.png
Magic Classification: Conjuration, Dragon Summoner
Unique Spells:
-Conjure Dragon: Jethro's only real magical talent. He can summon several species of dragons, of varying ages with his ability. However the dragons he summon is determined by intimate knowledge of the dragons' anatomy and biology at every stage of their life. He can summon either 1 house sized elder dragon, 2 carriage sized adult dragons, 5 wolf sized juveniles, 10 dog sized fledglings, or 20 head sized eggs. These dragons, while identical to their non-summoned counterparts, will not leave a body, and instead dissipate into nothing if killed. The dragons he can currently summon are listed below.

Skyfire Drake: The Skyfire Drake is a red horned dragon, with a aggressive temperament and an even greater desire to hunt. The Skyfire Drake soars within the mountaintops on two giant wints, and fight off others of its kind with curved bony horns, four powerful clawed legs and a mouth full of serrated fangs. When fighting off dragons that are not of its kind, or general threats to its nest, it unleashes a terrible breathe of fire that can turn trees into charcoal and men into ash in seconds.
1596267871130.png

Stormcaster Dragon: Unique in its ability to absorb electricity using its scales for sustenance, the Stormcaster is a think, lanky and passive wyvern, preferring to travel for days on end, chasing storms from which it gathers all of its energy from. The Dragon itself is capable of defending itself by firing a violent streak of lightning from its gaping maw.
1596267943551.png

Snowmaul Dragon: Found in the north mountains of the would, the Snowmaul dragon has the ability to breath a breath of jagged ice crystals that shreads apart the large mammals which it preys upon. When all else fails, it can still fight using a fanged maw attached to a long serpentine neck, and long whipping tail to lash and whip rivals and those who might prey upon it.
1596267969292.png

Magmafiend: These dragons make their nests in and around active volcanos. Perhaps it is simply the nature of dragons to adapt to their environments, as the Magmafiend have an explosive temper and will only awaken when the volcano they reside in awaken, and will use the next few days to hunt, mate, and generally do what nature demands. They have no breath, but their rock-like bladed scales, and fire hot blood is usually enough to keep enemies at bay for short periods of time.
1596267993947.png

Vampire Wyvern: A rather interesting dragon, as this dragon preys on other dragons of equal or small size, usually by drinking the blood of defeated enemies. With red scales, and black wings, and evil purple eyes, the Vampire Wyvern is swift, agile on both ground and air, and while it lacks a breath attack, the Dragon has a maw-like tongue which it can shoot out like a chameleon in order to grab and bite potential prey.
1596268019186.png

Twinhead Wyvern: The Twinhead Wyvern is the most benevolent Dragon species found thus far. The two-headed, white scaled, thin and fragile dragon often shares its nest with other dragons as the Dragon acts a nanny to other dragons babies. This Dragon's two heads breathes two forms of fire. The red eyed left head will breath a deep red fire that will cook and kill prey, while the blue eyed right head breathes a blue fire that promotes physical healing and removes fatigue.
1596268038810.png

Coinhorde Drake: A classic example of a hording dragon. This dragon consumes gold, lines its nest in gold and even uses melted gold as armor for it lacks any form of added protection. The Coinhorde Drake is an aggressive species who will dig for gold, kill for gold and even raid villages and even caravans for golden trinkets. When fighting prey, rivals or predators, it uses a golden flame which refuse to be extinguished and sticks to flesh and scale alike.
1596268055675.png

Brambleskin: A rather gentle, and defensive dragon, likely due to the fact that the Brambleskin is covered in a plethora of toxic spines, and flies using impossible wings made of the same spines. This dragon is extremely toxic, and many would be predators leave it alone. The only thing an adult Brambleskin need to worry about is its own kind, as, unless its mating season, two Brambleskins will attempt to kill one another by jamming their spines into one another and violent kicks and wing beats.
1596268080904.png

Dreadclad: The Dreadclad, or the Immovable Fortress Dragon, is a giant beast whose armor and scales are so thick, that it can match a military grade warship in both firepower and armor. If it wasn't so aggressive towards its own kind, it would make a rather promising military asset. In the wild the Dreadclad sours the skies on two wings, and from its massive maw, it spits out an explosive ball of fire with the strength and speed of a cannon ball.
1596268099627.png

Mirenox Dragon: Found in the poisonous mires of the world, the Mirenox are an amphibious dragon species, capable of flight using modified webbed forearms as wings. They have a repulsive scent, like toxic copper mixed with rancid, tainted meat and the foulest smelling oils known to man. Their sheer smell deters most predators, and when their stench isn't enough, they fight by spewing a stream of toxic acid at their enemy.
1596268116747.png

Eggleech Dragon: This dragon is one of the cruelest dragons ever discovered. This dragon will actively travel and find other dragon's nests, and kill whoever protects the valuable eggs. Instead of eating them right away, the dragon will allow the eggs to hatch first, eating the mother as it waits and the moment the dragon hatching scampers out of its shell, the Eggleech will spray a caustic red mist which suffocates its victim, before scooping it up into its waiting maw.
1596268133963.png

Bismuth Wyrm: A dragon found exclusively underground, this dragon is a rather interesting and intelligent species, as they form tribes, known as Clusters and move as a group rather then living solitary lives. And in order to gain more members for a Cluster, the Bismuth Wyrm would raid other Clusters, stealing the eggs, and only the eggs, taking them back to the nest and raising them as their own. The Wyrm fights by firing a rainbow colored beam from its curled gem horns.
1596268151723.png

Biography: Jethro was born to a moderately wealthy family who worked closely with the law. His father worked as a judge, while his mother served as a lawyer, so there was an assumption for him to become either a judge, lawyer or lawman. This assumption would've been correct if a dragon hadn't attacked his carriage while he was travelling to his selected university. His carriage burnt to the ground, horses torn apart by iron-like claws and entire trees turned to char in but a single, breathtaking minute. The young Jethro's curiosity had been piqued, and he set off to study the magnificent creature. He abandoned his study in law, and took up several classes in dragon biology, ecology, taxonomy, anatomy, classification and many forms of draconic study.

Despite his parent's disappointment, Jethro had become a rather adventurous, and clever young man, travelling the world to document, study, and publish many scientific journals about various dragon species, even hiring tutors and great mages in order to teach him conjuration magic, in order to allow him to study the beasts in a controlled enviroment. However journals and grants don't pay the bills quite well enough, and in order to keep his studies alive, in his middle age, Jethro took a job at Avalos academy, in order to fund his expeditions. While he doesn't particularly enjoy teaching,the man isn't above spreading the knowledge of these wonderful creatures to the younger folk.
Personality: Jethro considers himself a gentleman. Polite, stern, honorable, stoic, but gentle and soft spoken.
Relationships:
-Mother: Aurora Belrosi Varga
-Father: Holland Varga
Likes: The study of Dragons, Travelling, Casual Reading, His afternoon coffee and tea, Sport hunting with his rifle, pistol and saber.
Dislikes: Rudeness, A lack of respect for law and authority, Teaching, A messy study
Sexuality: Bisexual
Weapons/Outfits/Equipment: Jethro often wears a fine jacket, vest and pants to every occasion. It's polite and proper to go out looking your best, no matter the occasion. His parents taught him that you only deserve respect only if you look good, or do good. He is also proficient in the use of a saber, the man's weapon, a pistol, the gentleman's weapon, and the dart rifle, an explorer's weapon. Due to his profession and field of study, he also has a basic knowledge of medicine and carries around first aid supplies in a satchel he carries with him on expeditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back