nkKQrC2.jpg
2N3lSxi.jpg

Ava & Mordimort
Orikanyo Orikanyo

C-Rank
Time

Before the Assembly left for Satrella
Herranow, Castle Flèche - Recruiting Office

Yyf_iweMyXWp6XEqJ8bOB4ygU1WzpXddWwm9bJPm6Tw8VwWkSkO__Y_JWxyJNQI1Pyv2nvZSk44CBmdS4b6g7p3ZyZbFiRHCWxCIZa_aDCI-DuO0a73oI5HZwjfBK59RpuL_DtPO
Ava was the sort of control freak who enjoyed interviewing new employees whenever possible, especially for high positions. Back in Fuccino her sense of potential had been impeccable, and kept the Winfield ship running smoothly. She was determined to ensure that her operations aboard the Blue Rose would be no different. While the role of her aide wasn't as demanding as a factory manager, Ava had no intentions of lowering her standards. However... she also realized that she could no longer afford to be picky, the date of the voyage was too soon. That didn't mean she had to settle on her current interviewee, a boorish man with the IQ of a bag of bricks. The most he had to offer was a role as an occasional pack mule, and he didn't strike Ava as someone that could be trusted around items that didn't belong to him. "We'll send a courier for you if you've got the job. It's been a true pleasure speaking with you sir, buh-bye now!"

She dismissively signaled the guard in the room to guide the gentleman out and to bring in the next interviewee. As the door shut behind the two, Ava leaned back, rubbed her temples, and let out a hefty sigh. A garden variety of weirdos had shown up to these interviews the past few days. It seemed as if every unstable person in Herranow had arrived and all the sane people stayed home. It had occurred to Ava that the prospect of traveling months across the sea to a completely foreign nation that had already proven itself to be hostile in the past was... dubious. That's not the sort of thing a normie would wanna do, but you'd think at least one brave and competent soul would be interested. "Ugghhhh..." she groaned softly to herself as she waited for the next loon the guard would present to her. "At this point, I'd settle for a child..." she muttered in exhaustion.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

"Young miss please reconsider!" A elderly gentleman in a suit pleaded to his young mistress, who was quite unhappy with his sudden appearance. "I AM GOING! And theres nothing you can do to stop me!" commanded the fierce, yet about a head smaller, young woman. "B-b-but Miss Mordimort!" the tearful, bushy eyebrowed man peladed again and again as the young woman forced her way through the crowd of potential recruits for this expedition that she had DECIDED that she was going to be joining.

The assembly just didn't know it yet.

She wiggled her way past another immensely tall brute who seemed to grunt and glare down towards the young woman. "Oi Kid, yer not supposed to cut in line! Didn't yer parents teach yea any manners!?" said the man, as the crying butler continued to pleaded miserably for her to return home nearby. Mordimort huffed, placing both hands on her hips and standing tall(As much as she could anyways) before the veritable giant of a man. "And did YOURS teach you how to bathe? I could smell you from half a mile off you miserable ox, get out of my way or I'll have Jeoffery deal with you accordingly!' she pointed a thin finger towards the man's brutish face.

"Whats that!? Kid you are messing with the wrong fellah!" yelled the brute, flexing his impossibly huge muscles in front of her, like an incredably muscular peacock trying to intimidate it's foe. "Hmph, imbecile! Jeoffery! Deal with this man!" "W-w-what!? Young miss please!' he called after the young woman as she walked ahead of the rest of the crowd, all backing off as the brute approached the sobbing butler pounding his fists together.

She entered the recruiting office and gazed around the room, spotting Ava. "So, you are the one who will be recruiting me for this journey yes?" stated the young lady, crossing her arms and looking just about as prideful as she was confident she would be taken. "My name is Mordimort, daughter of Ser Einsfaust the Lion, I expect that you have heard of him?

It matters little, for I have come to lend my services to the assembly and make my OWN make upon the world that would no doubt give me my chance to do so!

Ah, but theres the interview no doubt, please, let us conduct it so i may blow your expectations out of the water!" he made her... First impression... With the sound of the beat of fists on skin being heard clearly outside, along with sobbing and gasps from the scurrying crowd.

Yyf_iweMyXWp6XEqJ8bOB4ygU1WzpXddWwm9bJPm6Tw8VwWkSkO__Y_JWxyJNQI1Pyv2nvZSk44CBmdS4b6g7p3ZyZbFiRHCWxCIZa_aDCI-DuO0a73oI5HZwjfBK59RpuL_DtPO
Ava's ears perked up to the muffled commotion going on outside of the office. For a moment, her paranoia started to get the better of her and she imagined Fuccini assassins charging through the halls of Castle Flèche. However, she quickly reminded herself that Herranow's biggest weirdos were all outside and gathered in one place, and it was much more likely that some sort of brawl had broken out among them. Which was still terrifying as shit, but that's what she had the guard for. She fully expected said guard to return and lock the door or something, but instead a young girl entered the room alone. As the door swung shut behind her Ava could indeed hear the sounds of an altercation taking place outside.

She sat up straight and needlessly brushed herself off and primped her tie as Mordimort prattled about her family lineage, as the Herranese were apt to do when they were born to great warriors. Ava couldn't help but smirk at the young girl's tenacity and bombastic confidence, it was impressive to say the least. Mordimort's small stature and adorable features put the merchant at ease despite the absence of the guard.

Ava stood up and smiled cordially at the young woman. As she extended her hand toward the young mage, she introduced herself. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mordimort," she began. "My name is Ava Winfield, chief operator of the Winfield Trading Company." Once the niceties were out of the way, Ava sat back down in her seat and laced her fingers together on top of her desk. "I must say Ms. Mordimort, I admire your determination! Why don't you tell me more about yourself, hm? What draws you to the New World?"

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Mordimort's presence immediately tried to own the room like a dog trying to establish it's territory against Ava's. "What draws me to the new world? Nothing short of the adventure of course! I dare say it is going to be an opportunity a young lady such as myself should never even think of passing up!" the young lady proclaimed, her heart full of fire and eyes full of passion!

"Most of these fools don't contain a lick of sense in their heads, they don't understand it requires a deft hand AND mind to conduct such a expedition, not only that..." she looked to the door. "half of these ruffians don't even know half of what they should when it comes to speaking with nobles or how to dictate themselves around them! Just hear them now, fighting and roughhousing, good goddess such a thing would leave a horrendous impression upon the highborn princes!" the sounds of fighting continued out the door.

"I for one am a daughter of the most prodigious knight family of herranow(in her opinion) and am well versed in such affairs. I can ALSO cast magic! A lady must be able to protect themselves no? ohohohohohoh~!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back