• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings AU of Providence Academy AU

Characters
Here

• the cook
    mood
    Oh thank god
    mentions
    Kitesha Kiroshiven Kiroshiven
    Adriel Steele
    The more Kitesha talked about clothes and it being flash and wild or not, the more his face slowly went into his stoic but 'oh shit' face. He knew nothing about fashion. I mean, he mostly just wore black t-shirts and sporty shorts, the ocassional khaki or jeans. He let out an audible sigh of relief as she started apologizing, "That's fine. I think it's best for the both of us, I know squat about fashion," he told her, "Where's the party being held? I can start there instead of in my dorm, less transportation."
    coded by natasha.

• f7943c60167b328b30d02f85e630316d.jpg
    Ebbe
    Mention: Tellis Kiroshiven Kiroshiven Vihn Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss
    Outfit
    Ebbe took another sip of tea as Tellis explained his background with the princess he had mentioned, thinking more and more that they might have been from some sort of fairy tail. How dramatic and ironic would it have been if Tellis had been the soul mate for that said princess. While it certainty may have thrown some spice into their life it was probably best for Tellis and his princess that they weren’t soulmates, or at least that was Ebbe’s opinion on the matter. Though it must be nice to be able to say you have a “best” friend. That is likely something Ebbe would not have for a while, after all to become “best” friends you have to make friends first.

After Tellis left, Ebbe finished off his tea and moved over to the sink. While he had been instructed to leave it be he quickly rinsed off the cup he had used. He wasn’t going to leave a used dish without rinsing it first when someone had made the drink in the first place. If he had made the tea it would have been a different story. As he rinsed the cup he listened to Vihn. A big party with an individual who is known by reputation for being a good chef, it would be at least worth checking out. Perhaps it would even be a good time to introduce himself to his soulmate. Turning away from the sink he looked over at Vihn, “Undecided” he replied. “Getting here was step one, deciding my major is a later step. What about yourself?”

nina rivera

Nina glanced at Evie. She let out a small sigh and a nod. She was quite startled by the appearance of her string. It was a bit overwhelming— well not just a bit, it was very overwhelming. But, she was going to be fine. And her expression conveyed that. Though the reassuring look she gave Evie didn’t last long, as the other girl in the room began to introduce herself.

“Oh my,” Nina spoke in response to Parsnip, she gingerly covered her mouth with the tips of her fingers. This Parsnip— she sounded like a very big deal. “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” Nina added, nodding her head a bit. Her eyebrows lifted when Parship pointed at her and demanded that she reveal what she was going to say to Evie.

Nina suddenly felt like she did when she was a little girl in her first academy years being told to introduce herself to the class. Nina fiddled with her hands and grabbed Evie’s shoulders for dramatic effect, “The string—! Showed up on my hand— on my pinky! I have a soulmate here!” Nina held up her pinky for visual effect, but it didn’t really matter because Evie can’t see it.

“Me! Of all people, me!!!” Nina explained, making wild hand motions. Her cheeks were a bit redder.

MOOD

Panicked kya noises

OUTFIT

outfit!

Dorm room

TAGS

Evie Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss
Parsnip Dante Verren Dante Verren

coded

38aba2396399058ba5c9e98c0b3df2c9.jpg
Parsnip
Interaction: Evie ( Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss ) Nina ( x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X )
Outfit

Parsnip gave both of her dormmates a confused look, for one she wondered why Evie was laughing and why Nina was so dramatic. Sure Parsnip could appreciate some theatrics, but was that a normal part of daily life here. Perhaps if it wasn’t a normal thing here but rather a quirk of Nina’s then it would at least make this room and board situation a little more interesting, maybe by observing her behaviors Parsnip could even pick up a few tricks on converse in a more normal manner here. Apart from how excited Nina was, something else struck Parsnip.

She followed Nina’s hand motion and didn’t see anything, she then looked down at her own hand and saw the blue string there. Unaware that it might burst the girl’s bubble, Parsnip Held up her own hand, “Is a string really that special? I just thought it was from a funny spider that did weird color webs” she said, her face blank and expressionless as she looked between both girls.

• Rosalia Eris

Rosalia stood stock still as she waited on the outside of the door. She could pick up the soft playing of a guitar before some hurried movements. The red thread tying her to her soulmate weaving as they came closer. Good, that means they're coming to meet me first before their roommates. Rosalia felt a bit relieved by this, despite her usual confidence, true romance hadn't exactly been something she had experience with. A quick flirty fling? Absolutely, but that's not what this would be. As the door opened Rosalia took note that her soulmate was a little shorter than her, but also had a very vibrant choice of colors for her outfit.

“Please excuse me if this is rude, but your eyes are wonderful, I don’t think I have ever seen a prettier shade of blue.” Rosalia couldn't help but chuckle and instantly relax from the comment.

"My dear you mustn't look in mirrors very often." She reached out and gracefully moved some hair behind the woman's ears. "Your eyes are just as pretty on your face as the stars are in the night sky." Rosalia felt the warm smile on her face and felt like she was back into her natural state, however, her eyes drifted down along her soulmate and caught something interesting. A male shadow? Oh this girl has some secrets. Rosalia's smile changed from warm and friendly, to playful and mischievous as she got around to remembering her manners. "My name is Rosalia Eris. And who might you be beautiful?"

Playful

dorm 5a

Wyn

nine lives

Last edited:

• the cook
    mood
    Alright then
    mentions
    Kitesha Kiroshiven Kiroshiven texts Sylva, Akeem, and KC Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom
    Adriel Steele
    Adriel scrolled through his phone as Kitesha explained everything and answered his phone. He had all recipies saved into his phone, for ultra easy access. He glanced through the sauces, choosing what he thought would be the best-as well as easiest to make in such large batches. When she started talking to him again he looked up, nodding in response and sending off a message to his buddies, "Looks like I'm cooking for a party tonight instead. You both better be there." and then heading towards the easiest kitchen to cook in.
    coded by natasha.

Last edited:

• Amara Amphitrite

The tickle of Jouko’s voice in her ear as he translated his term of endearment sent a delicious shiver down Amara’s spine. It would be so easy to just tilt her head up toward him and steal a kiss with him closer to her now, but she resisted for now, instead asking about the tremors.

The siren was relieved to learn that the shaking was likely a one time deal due to arriving students. She was already out of her comfort zone being on land, so she didn’t need anymore reason to feel out of her element. Well… if she could use it as a reason to cling to Jouko, as he offered, maybe the tremors weren’t so bad. Though, when did Amara ever need an excuse to embrace anyone? She was plenty confident and forward to do that, scared or not.

The smile Jouko gave her as he bent down to her height made Amara’s heart flutter in a way she wasn’t used to. He had a brilliance about him, only made cuter by the flush of his skin. Amara just wanted to eat him up, figuratively speaking, not literally despite the rumors that sirens feasted on those they drowned. But before she could take a bite…

Dude, you're not the only one interested in her. So how about you take a hike? … You got something to say pretty boy? Or are you just gonna stand there like a scarecrow?

Amara’s green eyes darkened as one of the forgotten guys interrupted her and Jouko, and she wheeled around to face him. “Considering he is the only one I’m interested in, perhaps it is YOU who should take a hike.” The siren retorted, venom in her voice. “Actually, I think that is exactly what you should do.” Amara corrected, her eyes flashing with her powers as her voice took on an ethereal tone. “Go take a hike, and while you’re there, pick a bouquet of wild flowers as an apology… for Jouko.” She compelled him, furious that her first encounter with her soulmate was so rudely spoiled by this entitled man. The male student’s eyes glazed over and he nodded obediently, immediately turning and walking away to find the nearest hiking path.

“What is a scarecrow?” Amara asked, turning back to Jouko as if nothing had happened.

Smitten> Annoyed

Campus Courtyard

Jouko, NPC

nine lives

• Leon Valhaven

Leon nodded as Poppy mentioned that Old Faithful was her truck. Definitely need to look into that. Watching her try and straighten her appearance out drew a small chuckle from the boy as he reached out and got her pigtail straightened up. "That's better." He started remember getting lost with his parents and he couldn't help but laugh.

"It sounds a lot more exciting than it is. Ice forms EVERYWHERE and it's not exactly easy to keep warm." He reflected back on the family huddle with a different person in the center each time. At the mention of the blue haired-boy, Leon took a look at him and nodded. "Thank you, for being her friend. I'm glad to know she hasn't been alone this whole time."

"Don't worry about it. Pops here is fun to be around. Makes a will-o'-wisp like me feel all free you know?" Leon took note of Alistair being a wisp. Beings that both help lost souls find their way, but also can misguide and trick people. A very interesting person to have become his soulmate's friend, but probably the only reason that he and his soulmate could meet again. "Anyways, I'm going to head out. Apparently, there's a party tonight which means free food and some good times ahead." Leon watched the boy leave with a casual wave.

"A college party huh? Sounds like a good time. I didn't really do much of that at my last college." Leon looked to Poppy wondering whether or not she was going to come along as well.

expectant

4E

Parents

nine lives

Last edited:

Ebbe
    Interaction: Vihn ( Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss )
    Outfit

Ebbe listened to Vihn and nodded in agreement when he finished. “Your brother is probably right, I’m not sure how it works on your world but my assumption is that with official documentation it will open up further opportunities.” While he had said that out loud he kept his actual opinion to himself. If Vihn didn’t understand why his brother had pushed him to come to this school then it wasn’t for Ebbe to tell him out right. Any other school would have done for a business license, so it was likely in an attempt to get Vihn a soulmate that his brother made him come here. Still Ebbe was curious enough so he brought up a less direct version of the question anyways. “Finding your soulmate on day one seems to be the normal flow of this school, have you met yours yet?” He asked. That way he could satisfy his own curiosity and not be the direct cause that Vihn figured out his brother’s methods.

• the cook
    mood
    Alright then
    mentions
    Texts the boys
    Adriel Steele
    Adriel laughed lightly, replying back. "Good enough for a party goddess to notice I guess." he sent, deciding to leave out the soulmate part for now. It's not like she really cared much, she didn't even mention it.
    coded by natasha.

• Amara Amphitrite

As Amara used her powers to send the rude student away, she leaned into Jouko comfortably as if it was already second nature to be so close to him. While he seemed somewhat shy, or perhaps bashful would be the better term, he didn’t seem to have much issue with physical contact, which thrilled Amara. Though something told her it was better not to call attention to the fact in fear it would fluster her soulmate to the point of him releasing her.

So Amara just listened to what Jouko had to say about scare crows, and nodded at his explanation despite finding them peculiar objects that didn’t make much sense. Why would crows be afraid of a doll made of hay? That would never work on seagulls.

At Jouko’s mention of the student poking fun at him, Amara’s expression changed to one of irritation and she rolled her eyes a little. “He was a jerk. Besides, fighting him would be a waste of time that you could be spending with me.” She declared, unbothered by her soulmate’s stance of not fighting. “He’s nothing I can’t handle.”

As Jouko leaned down while holding his phone out Amara glanced at him quizzically, just as he snapped the picture. She blinked a couple times seeing their picture on his screen, still learning what all the technology of this world was capable of. Despite not looking at the camera, Amara vainly thought it was still a good picture of herself and she grinned, glancing up at Jouko once again. “Our first us-ie!” She exclaimed, getting the term for selfie wrong as she turned into him, wrapping her arms around him affectionately. “How cute!”

Happy

Campus Courtyard

Jouko

nine lives

• Taliyah Lupo

Taliyah could feel the tension in Rosalyn's voice and her body while she held her tight. Mom always said a hug is the greatest weapon against a hurt soul. Then, as if by magic, she felt Rose slowly embrace her back which only got the lupine girl's tail wagging faster. "You're welcome Rosie." She smiled up at the girl and then smirked playfully. "So, how about we use tonight to celebrate your freedom from your parents then? Get a little wild? Have some fun at the party? I can totally introduce you to my sports friends...if they aren't busy sucking face with their 'soulmates'." Taliyah rolled her eyes at the word but continued to look at Rose with sparkling eyes. This was a real chance for Rosalyn to get out and as long as Taliyah kept her eyes on her friend, there was no real danger of anything happening to her. "What do you say?"

Mom was right

Dorm

nine lives

• the neko
    mood
    Flustered
    mentions
    Akira Hayes
    Akira giggled softly at his joke, "Understandable," she played along. At the offer of walking with him, Akira was quick to smile and nod, "Sure!" she said excitedly, anything to get to know him more. "Oh no, I didn't hear about it," she said and looked through her phone quickly. "It'll be held like, right here apparently," she paused for a moment, "Would you, want to go? Or we can just meet up too, that's fine!" she said quickly. She didn't want to just force herself around him...
    coded by natasha.

• Amara Amphitrite

Hearing that the picture Jouko took was called a “selfie” Amara scrunched her nose a little. “That doesn’t make sense. I like us-ie better.” She decided, unconvinced by the proper terminology.

For a moment her soulmate smiled down playfully at her, but then his attention turned to his phone for a few moments. Deflating a little, Amara told herself not to take offense… yet. She could share the spotlight for now, but she hoped Jouko wouldn’t make a habit of ignoring her to play with his phone. Everyone seemed glued to the little devices, meanwhile Amara currently refused to get one. She wouldn’t be lured by the “siren song” of the phones- every time they made a noise, people jumped to respond in some way.

Whatever annoyance Amara may have felt playing second fiddle for the 60 seconds quickly melted away at the mention of a party. “Oh yes!! I’d love to!” Amara nodded excitedly, bouncing up and down while still hugging him. “A goddess huh? I wonder if she knows Amphitrite? My family is descendants from her.” Amara mused contemplatively for a moment before shrugging. “Either way, this should be so fun!! My first land party!” She continued, before her face took on an alarmed expression. “What does one wear to a land party? How does one do their hair? Do I need to bring anything? What are the customs?” She asked all at once, releasing Jouko and beginning to pace back and forth as she realized how unprepared she was.

Excited/Worried

Campus Courtyard

Jouko

nine lives

Ebbe
    Outfit

One thought came to Ebbe’s mind as he observed Vihn, this guy was clearly not having a great start to his time here. Afterall it looked like Vihn wasn’t there to get a degree, nor did he seem to happy about the idea of a soulmate. Perhaps Vihn was the dark and brooding type, he had the look to pull it off. “ I have one” Ebbe said, finally responding to Vihn’s question. “Haven’t met them yet but I see the thread.” Ebbe’s eyes drifted to the red cord that attached itself to his finger. “I was going to search for them but now that I know there will be a party, I might as well wait until then. Perhaps you should meet yours at the party as well? At least to break the ice. No one said you have to be lovers from day one, but it is proper to introduce yourself.” Ebbe was slightly surprised by himself, it was rare for him to talk so much to a stranger, but that was one of the reasons why he was here wasn’t it? To try and break out of his own shell.

• Rosalia Eris

Rosalia smirked at Wyn's comment about people watching. "Wynnie, love, you really plan on pulling your eyes away from me? I'm hurt." She pouted playfully with them and couldn't help but feel her passion for fashion start to burn. "I guess I'll just have to make sure I wear something that draws your eyes to me and me alone then. I'm sure I have something in my closet that will grab your attention." Gazing at her phone Rosalia felt even more inclined to show off.

"Declaring yourself a goddess of parties? As a blessed of Aphrodite and a child with the last name of the goddess of chaos I can't really stand to be outdone." She sighed as she realized she needed to desperately find an outfit that would help her stand out in the crowd. Even if it was merely just to show off a bit and maybe have a bit of fun seeing Wynnie's reaction. Though considering their first meeting, Rosalia felt sure she'd already won some of the girl's affection. "Well Wynnie, I do hope that we can spend some quality time together at the party, even if we may have to leave a little early due to gawkers." She smiled like a playful cat as she waved over her shoulder. "Ciao, amore mio!"

Playful

dorm 5a

Wyn

nine lives

• Amara Amphitrite

For a moment Jouko seemed to get lost in his thoughts again, his smile momentarily fading. Amara pursed her lips a little, holding her breath to see whether his smile would return or if something she’d said or done had potentially upset him. Her soulmate seemed to be very thoughtful, and not in the usual sense of the word. At least that’s how it seemed to the girl who did very little thinking before reacting to anything.

When Jouko finally returned to reality there with her, it was to ask Amara if she was a siren before clarifying that there was nothing wrong with sirens.

“Well of course there’s nothing wrong with being a siren!” Amara replied, a little defensively. She may have been more sour had he not been holding her closely still, which did wonders to prevent her overreacting. “And yes, I am…” She added, tipping her chin up proudly. “If you had met a siren before I would be surprised, we tend to keep to ourselves unless found by accident.” And by accident here Amara truly meant a boating accident.

It was then that Jouko answered Amara’s questions about the party and she quickly returned her focus to the more fun topic at hand. She couldn’t wait! Especially since Jouko wanted to take her. “Our first date!” Amara smiled decidedly.

At mention of her roommates being able to help with her hair and outfit the pinkette realized she hadn’t actually met them yet. Hopefully they had a good sense of fashion, not that Amara would know that they didn’t until it was too late.

With a one track mind, the siren was about to immediately excuse herself to find these ladies so she could look perfect for tonight, but Jouko’s sunny smile made her pause. Oh he was so dreamy! Amara thought to herself, before then repeating the sentiment aloud. “Oh you’re so dreamy! I could just eat you!” She exclaimed, doing her best to control her temptations. Not to actually eat him of course, though his lips did look delicious.

Excited

Campus Courtyard

Jouko

nine lives

• the neko
    mood
    Flustered
    mentions
    Akira Hayes
    The neko's smile widened as he agreed to go together, keeping in the small excited squeal that was sitting inside her chest. She was quick to thank him and step past him into the dorm and in turn, held the stairwell door open for him. "I'm actually on floor two. 2A if you just wanted to meet here?" she asked, stopping at the floor two doorway.
    coded by natasha.

Ebbe
    Outfit

Ebbe watched the man and took note that Vihn still looked less then enthusiastic about the idea. He gave his own sigh, Worst case scenario even if it doesn’t go well, I seem to recall you saying a certain Adriel will be making the food meaning it should be good. Excellent food and drink is a wonderful way to recover from an awkward first encounter with a soulmate, or so I assume it is. If we are both unlucky enough to have less then satisfying introductions to our respective partners we can drown our sorrows together, as good roommates should.” Ebbe replied, hoping to raise his roommates spirits a bit.

Last edited:

• Rosalyn Wilder

Rosalyn smiled a little sheepishly as Tali nudged her and had to take a small step to keep her balance. First because the petite girl really was much stronger than she looked! And also because Rose wasn’t used to such playful gestures when not around her brothers and hasn’t expected it.

The pinkette wasn’t sure she personally was quite capable of “living it up” as that would require her to let her guard down and be herself… but she would settle for living a little more than she usually allowed herself to. That was partly what college was about, right?

At first Rosalyn had planned to just wear what she had on, but when Tali mentioned that they’d have to take time getting ready, Rose glanced down at her crisp white dress. Apparently it wasn’t party material. Perhaps too formal or proper? Though, Miss Wilder wasn’t sure she owned anything that wasn’t. She always had to look her best since her father was always in the public eye of voters. “Right, more casual…” She echoed, a smile still in place to hide her worry she’d not have anything appropriate (or appropriately inappropriate) to wear.

Erika’s entrance was a distraction from trying to mentally catalogue her closet. Beyond introducing herself, Rosalyn took a backseat to the exchange between her roommates. She nearly choked when Taliyah straight out asked if Erika ran here, but played it off as a cough before resuming her picture perfect smile of politeness. At the reference of her hair, Rose reflexively tugged on a few strands before tucking them behind her ear.

The question seemed to fluster Erika further, and Rose almost came to her aid, before the brunette recovered and responded. Ah, her flush had to do with her soulmate. They should have guessed.

At the mention of soulmate, Rosalyn glanced at Tali to see how she would take it, knowing that the she-wolf had already lamented about her friends being hung up on their partners. Rose wondered what Erika meant by it being “a lot”, but was too polite to press for information. That was between the two of them, but the nature of Erika’s blush seemed to suggest Erika wasn’t as sympathetic to the anti-soulmate cause as Tali and she were.

Observant

Dorm 2A

Taliyah; Erika

nine lives

• Taliyah Lupo

Taliyah almost groaned in exasperation as Erika mentioned her soulmate. Soulmate this, soulmate that. Is there anyone NOT already going gag over some random person they're meeting for the first time? Besides Rosie? Taliyah forced herself to stay calm but then started wondering about what Erika meant by a lot. "What do you mean by a lot? Like was he overbearing? Was he too flirty? I've had some friends back in high school that mentioned some people can be a bit over the top." The wolf girl was nearly about to pounce onto the brunette when she realized she was getting way too overbearing with Erika and took several steps back. "Sorry." She huffed and scratched at the back of her head. "I'm dealing with a lot of crap today and soulmates seem to be the problem for all of 'em."

"Changing the topic, you going to that party tonight Erika? I was about to help Rosie find something that didn't scream 'I come from some wealthy family'. Otherwise I'm going to spend the entire night playing body guard for her instead of the two of us having fun." She gave a warm smile to the brunette. "You're welcome to join us."

Gotta get ready

Dorm

nine lives

• the neko
    mood
    Flustered
    mentions
    Akira Hayes
    Akira smiled brightly and nodded, "Great! Sounds like a plan!" she said excitedly. She waved as he walked, slightly worried that he was going to trip on something, but he seemed like someone who could keep their balance much better than she could. Once he was out of view, she made her war towards her dorm room.
    coded by natasha.

• Amara Amphitrite

Last I checked gods and demigods weren't edible. But plenty of pretty fish are.

The siren was a fraction of a second away from being offended by being referred to as a fish… Before the first part of Jouko’s comment sunk in. “Wait, you’re a g-“

The rest of Amara’s question was lost against Jouko’s lips as he leaned down and kissed her. The kiss wasn’t long, but long enough that her eyes shut and one of her hands reflexively moved up to touch his cheek… And then it was over, leaving her wanting more. As Jouko pulled away, Amara remained motionless, her fingers effectively sliding down his jaw, then neck and finally resting on his chest as he returned to full height. After a moment of letting the tingle on her lips dissipate, Amara’s lashes finally fluttered open and she gazed up at him. “… God,” she breathed, her utterance sounding more like an exhalation than a question at this point.

The Siren’s stomach flip flopped like a beached fish when Jouko mentioned that was just a precursor to what would come at the party, and a slow, flirtatious smile graced her features. “I really can’t wait then…” Amara was pleasantly surprised by his shy boldness, giggling a little at his flushed complexion. She’d been trying to hold back, but now that he opened Pandora’s box it would be nearly impossible to resist him.

The blond pulled away from her, almost causing a pout if it hadn’t been a necessary evil. They did have to get ready for the party if she was going to get more kisses there. “6F, Jouko Darling.” She replied, taking his question as a sign they should start heading in the direction of the dorm.

Absolutely tingling

Campus Courtyard

nine lives

• Novala Cinder

Novala chuckled as Celeste clung so tightly to her person and gently nuzzled the top of her head. "It isn't but I bet it's probably more exciting than you thought it'd be." Nova chuckled while still clinging to the redhead before gently nipping at her ear. "Can you look at me for a second?" She asked and smiled as Celeste finally looked her in the eyes. "I'm not going to drop you and you don't have to look now, but I want you to get used to this feeling of being in the air. Okay? If I'm going to take you to the stars, then you'll need to be able to relax while we fly." The hand holding onto Celeste's shoulder gave it a gentle rub as she hovered in the air for a moment, her gaze pulling away from Celeste only for brief moments to make sure other flyers weren't going to crash into her. "I think I prefer the night sky to this." She spoke plainly because of how common flying was for her. "It's more beautiful and filled with more wonder. I think I'll fly up here again during the party tonight. What about you? Do you think you can brave another flight to see this beautiful world from above?" She asked as her person started slowly returning to the ground.

Serious

Dorm Room

Celeste

nine lives

• the prophecy
    mood
    Omgomgomgomgomg
    mentions
    Celeste Rossi
    At first, Celeste could only peak an eye open at Novala, but slowly fully looked at her. As much as she was terrified, a small part of her did want to look down. Just to see how high up they were. But she knew that was a terrible idea. So she just listened and nodded along.

Celeste thought along to her question, did she? Would it be easier a second time? She’d be much more prepared…so she nodded slightly as she quietly asked, “Would I, need to dress warmer?” She was shocked that this is how her first day here was going. It’s absolutely nothing like she thought it’d be.
    coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back