• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom AU Harry Potter, Elite Aurors, none of this school stuff

amb3rlin

Freezing in Summer
Alright, alright, I'm itching to write some good ol' Harry Potter 'verse stuff. And I'm sick of the same old magical school plot. Harry Potter offers such a rich and big world to explore!

My idea is an Avengers-inspired, original HP plot. Completely not fleshed out yet. Something along the lines of your character receives an invitation to join a group of elite aurors and they are sent on missions around the world catching evil witches and wizards and all that fun stuff. So it would give us the chance to write HP and have wands and cool stuff like that, plus form friendships within the group of aurors, plus travel the wizarding world. And not have to step inside Hogwarts once. (Unless we want to later, just for nostalgia. But seriously, trying to get away from writing kiddies in a classroom.)

I'm hoping a few people are interested in participating in a roleplay like this, and also interested in chipping in ideas for a more fleshed-out plot. I'm flexible and very willing to collaborate. I'd like to keep it AU, so no actual Harry Potter running around (sorry not sorry), and I want all the characters to be adults.

Aaaaaany interest at all?

Color me intrigued. This is an idea I can get behind, especially since I too have been itching for something HP related.

Sweet! There is more interest in this than I was anticipating. (I keep doing that.) I'm out running errands with the Hubs today and will try to get some thoughts hashed out and posted on forming a solid plot soon. Looks like I might end up writing the mastermind character behind the group. (I keep doing that too. Hm.)

Our elite aurors will hail from countries all over the world, not just jolly old England. That means we don't have to set up "base headquarters" in England either. Any votes for somewhere else that would be a nice setting for our magical crew to gather/train/hide out?

I need to dig out Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages to get some ideas brewing. . . My character just might have to have a pet Fwooper.

As far as an HQ location goes, I can only suggest it be in a heavily populated, transit-prone area. Like New York, London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, etc. Hell, you might even find it neat to put bases all over the globe with one superbase somewhere centralized. Also, if I may make another suggestion, since it'll be a group effort, perhaps have the aurors each specialize in a school of magic? An example being Wizard A is a charms expert, which can aid the group by filling a support role. Wizard B is into transfiguration, so he can create a nice distraction for Wizard C, a Defense Against the Dark Arts lover, to set up a nice finishing touch. Just ideas, but hey, why not throw them out there. This idea genuinely excites me! :D

Hmm...What does the Doctor say?

giphy.gif

Okay, I'm in.

We have some characters trickling in, but have not launched into IC territory yet, so if you are still interested in this RP now is the time to get in on the ground floor! :D

I love this idea. I'm down for anything remotely Harry Potter Related. I am working on a character now, it just might take me some time to get it finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back