• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Attack on Titan: Chapter II

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sitting back down beside Astrid, he has one last bite of his apple and tosses the core somewhere to the floor. Some ants and other insects dig themselves out of the dirt to have at it. "Well, I didn't know her," mentions Nik, "Samantha, her name was? Samantha Smith." For a moment or two a pregnant pause holds the young man's tongue. "People react differently to these things. Spoke to a few cadets and they're thinking of quitting the programme. Not me, though. Time will tell who the real fighters are. When our training is over, only the strongest of us will survive. Only the most capable will combat the titans."

"Well yeah, he told me it was hard at first" Victoria says "But he got used to it and my grandmother takes good care of him" she adds, she likes recalling happy memories sometimes, not that she was traumatized by what happened, she just didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to try getting close to them without supervision from someone "And I think she's pissed at how everyone is about what happened. Guess the few who have no normal human feelings will strive in the scouts" she says.

"And the weak will be eaten..." She stared at the ground, pulling out the hair tie that held her braid together. She pushed it back into a high ponytail, looking over the grounds that they stayed at. "Mm, though I'll have fun learning the ODM gear. Should be easy right? It's all about balance. I like to think I have good balance." She swung her legs back and forth as she sat on the bench, her eyes drifting from the apple core up to the sky. She wasn't going to miss Shiganshina, not in the least. She was always fighting for scraps of food, but not anymore. Her head turned to Nik, giving a nod as he recounted Samantha's name. The girl was stupid for approaching the titans, they were unpredictable.

"Well, I am glad you understand what I mean... They shouldn't have entered the programme if they were just going to leave after someone died. What the hell were they expecting? That we would befriend titans and fight enemies with them? Stupid."

"Seems so," Lucas says with a shrug at Victoria's latter remark about the Scout Regiment and what qualities a scout should have. The former, about her grandmother and father, he murmurs, "Oh. Gotcha. At least there's support behind him. Nobody should be alone during a time like that. Would imagine it's hard to take it all in."

main-qimg-c5949a7bf066665a2317272d9a0003aa-c

Drill Sergeant Dave calls the cadets from the living quarters. Training equipment is set up in the courtyard for the ODM aptitude evaluation. There are five of these contraptions total in the courtyard. Another is still in the works and soldiers, heaving wood and wires to and fro in carts, work on constructing it.

Once they've collected themselves, Dave begins to explain the ins and outs of the ODM equipment, using his own to demonstrate. “These are made of a strong yet supple steel,” he states, referencing his blades. “These, however, often break after rending titan flesh. With enough skill, though, you can apply the perfect amount of pressure; enough to slay the titan yet salvage your blades for an encounter to come.”

Next he moves onto the ODM's turbine. Furling his fingers around the hand controller, Dave pulls the trigger. Hydrocarbons shriek and screech as they erupt from the compressed gas cylinders in a spurt of steam. The pressure is vicious; vicious where the Drill Sergeant has to hold his foot down to keep himself from toppling over. “Gas reserves will last for five minutes,” explains the Sergeant. “After which you must refuel. Make your reserves count. Once you run out, you're as good as titan food.”

He explains some more and shortly afterwards the cadets are led to the training equipment. There, hooked up to a harness and heaved off their feet, cadets are assessed. Most struggle to maintain their equilibrium but eventually manage to keep themselves upright. And you have the other ones who are human spinning tops... these ones are dismissed, Dave muttering that, "They're not even fit to be decoys."

(Throw a d100. Lower the better. We'll be timeskipping after this. More information in AoTRP OOC)

Allo Allo Flame Demon Flame Demon Loki The Trickster Loki The Trickster Harley Quinn Harley Quinn sr901 sr901 Appawlezz Appawlezz Coco Adel Coco Adel

Lucas is next in line for the aptitude evaluation. "Wish me luck, Victoria," exclaims the young man, “Here goes nothing.” He sets himself up, strapping himself in with the leathers and linens of the ODM training equipment. It takes some fidgeting and fumbling but one of the soldiers helps him into the harness. Then, nodding at the soldier, Lucas signals for him to activate the contraption. Slowly but surely, his feet are lifted from the ground...

During the entire aptitude evaluation, she was quite nervous in all honesty. She didn't like standing out in front of others, it didn't have to do with being good or bad at the ODM gear, she just didn't like people. She sighs, seeing she is up next. She took a step forward, looking over to Nik for a split second. There was a hint of emotion in her eyes, one's that expressed worry. But it was alright, she was going to be able to do this. If she failed she would just try again and again, and perfect her balance. She took a deep breath, standing under the wooden beams as she equipped the harness by herself. She looked to the operators, giving a nod to start.

As Astrid passes Niklas by and exchanges a look, he looks back, that split second seemingly stretching into a long and lamenting minute of tense anticipation, "You'll do fine," encourages the young man, nodding at her, "Don't worry." And, following her evaluation, it seems the cadet's judgement is right. After she finishes, he's next, that look of worry she had now making an appearance on his face. He roams between the wooden beams and readies himself in the harness, giving the soldiers operating the contraption the go-ahead. Gradually, the wires tighten, raising him from his two feet, and he tries his best to maintain his balance.

Linne had strategically placed herself in the middle of the line, definitely not wanting to be one of the first to go nor the last. If she screwed up in either of those positions they'd likely be remembered. She watched each cadet, trying to make note of what they did right and wrong, but honestly she was just hoping a few did exceptionally bad. It's not that she wanted them to fail, she just didn't want to be the worst.

Victoria looks at the contraptions, guess she wouldn't get too much wind to slow her down since she's not that tall, if anything, she was one of the shortest, she looks at Lucas as she puts her long hair in a high ponytail, a rare sight to many since she has kept it loose for the most part "Well then" she mumbles, she was slightly nervous, she had balance that's for sure, but still, she didn't know if it had gotten worse since she stopped practicing.

Midori watched as Dave showed them the instructions of the weapon they'll using to slay the Titans.

As they got on to the equipment himself, he knew this needed good balance. That he was good at, he remained steady and did as he was told. He seemed to have impressed some of them.

Danira chuckles and shrugs "What can I say I don't like to standout much, steal this kind of my thing" She explained with a smile on her face, stepping forward to take her aptitude test like all the others. I sort of bored look on her face. Not that she felt she was better than anyone else. It wax more so, not to freak out over it. She figured all she had to do was relax and she'd be fine. "Alright, let's see exactly how this thing works."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back