• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern At A Loss For Words *~* Girl x Girl *~*

Rosa pats Melyssa on the head. "Thought so." She giggles, hearing a voice from the entrance. "Morning, Isabel." She says. She was going to blurt out it was movie night, but she really didn't want to overwhelm her with, "IT'S MOVIE NIGHT"S or "Hurry up, sit down, press play"s. She shifts on the couch, catching the movie thrown to her.

Corrine laughed, hopping off the counter and carrying the popcorn to the couch, plopping on the couch next to Rosa, motioning for Melyssa and Alex to sit next to her. Munching on the popcorn, she thought, What was that thud? Before she could get up to investigate, there was another burst of thuds as Isabel ran downstairs and into the kitchen. "Hey, Isabel!" she said, forgetting not to overwhelm her, "Grab the food on the island and come in here, we're having a movie night!" The excitement was evident in her voice as she grinned at the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isabel glanced at Rosa and saw she was struggling to keep still.

Hmm...

Then she heard Corrine's voice. Her voice. Ha, Isabel loved hearing her sing every now and then, especially when she didn't even intend too.

"Movie?" She raised her eyebrows and grabbing a handful of popcorn from Corrine's bowl and shoving it in her mouth. She gave a thumbs up to her as she glanced at Rosa again.

"What's the movie called?" She asked, glancing at Melyssa.

"Oh and by the way, good morning to you guys." She smiled, as she walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water with exactly three ice cubes in it.

Walking back to the living room, she gulped down the water.

"Ah..." She smiled, feeling the cool water running down her throat and into her stomach finally.

She yawned, and sat on the couch, staring at the screen and waiting for someone to answer her question.

"Morning, Isabel" Alex said as she saw Isabel. She was happy that everyone seemed to be finally coming around. "I believe we're going to watch Safe Haven, first." she said as she plopped down on one side of Corrine, "One bowl to rule them all," she whispered in her best deep creepy voice as she took a few more kernels of popcorn from the bowl. She has definitely an avid movie watcher along with book reader, so sometimes she couldn't help but make movie quotes. It was good to get everyone together like this just to have some quality time together and relax. "Come on, Rosa. Let's get this movie marathon started," she said as she playfully arched a piece of popcorn over at her.

Melyssa smiles at Alex, and leans back on the couch. "I may or may not fall asleep during this. If I do, wake me up." She says to Alex and runs her fingers through her hair before reaching over and grabbing some popcorn. She throws some into her mouth and giggles. "Why didn't we put the movie into the Play Station and watch it on the TV?" She questions.

"No problem, Sleeping Beauty, I'll be sure to wake you." Alex replied as she moves over to the playstation and turns the tv to the right and input before looking back at Rosa, reaching out her hand in a gesture meant for her to throw the DVD. Once she catches it, she opens it and pops it in, grabs the controller and hops back in her spot on the couch, taking another handful of popcorn as the movie began load up and play.

Isabel giggled at Alex's comment and grabbed a handful of popcorn herself.

"Safe heaven?"

Guess there will be crying today.

Isabel nodded to the idea of putting the disk in the PlayStation so it would go onto the Tv.

"Anyone already seen it? I seen bits and pieces. It is like soo cute."

She flashed a smile, thinking about how hopelessly in love the characters where.

Isabel always wanted something like that.

Melyssa smiles and nods her head. "Thank you Alex! And I have seen this multiple times before. I absolutely love it!" She says, grinning happily. She leans against Corrine and yawns quietly. "I shouldn't have pulled that all nighter!" She groans and pouts slightly. Her fingers run through her hair, and she bites her lower lip as the movie starts to play.

Isabel watched the introduction of the movie without making a sound.

She felt... awkward. For some reason. And she didn't know why.

Just say something... normal.

"Oh my god. Alex is so cute." She gave a tight smile, not sure if that was good enough.

She didn't know what this awkward feeling was. I mean, she loved romance so she should be drooling over the romance and everything. Don't the huge smile tons of girls do when watching a romance.

But Isabel didn't want to smile. In fact she wanted to glare at the Tv.

But that would be childish. So she just sat there, tight smile and everything.

Corrine could feel the tension in the air as she sat with her head on top of Melyssa's. She was suddenly tired as well. "No you shouldn't have," she said with a chuckle. As the movie began she looked around to all her friends, wondering why the moment was so tense. She didn't think Isabel's comment was strange, as Alex was actually cute, but something seemed off. Whatever it was, it made Corrine slightly uneasy. She set her head back down and continued to watch the movie, though she couldn't focus as well as she would have liked.

Melyssa smiles and yawns again. "Well it's not my fault... I tried to, but then U had an idea for my book, and I knew if I feel asleep I would for it." She states, giving a small smile.

Corrine laughed. "Yeah, I know how you get, with all your creativity and stuff," she said as she stared at the television. She had never seen Safe Haven before, and was curious as to what it was about. She decided to ignore the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach and just enjoy the movie, it seemed interesting enough to her. The others seemed to stay silent, as well as herself, as they enjoyed the movie. Well, as she enjoyed the movie; she didn't know if thy liked it as much as she did. I wonder what the girls are thinking about, she thought to herself, mentally laughing at the random thought.

"That I am," Alex whispers jokingly in response to Isabel's comment assuming it was about Josh Duhmal, winking at her with a smile. Alex had never seen this movie before, as romance was usually a genre she avoided, only because she always seemed to get sucked into them and would eventually end up balling like a baby. This movie would eventually prove that as she was already being sucked into the story and feeling deep emotion and connection with the characters on screen, perhaps it was because of her job that required her to be emotionally attached to characters or perhaps it was something else entirely, but either way she was on this emotional Titanic, and just how everyone knew the ship's fate so was Alex's predetermined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melyssa smiles at them and crosses her legs. "Who want a beer!" I ask, standing up and heading towards the fridge. I ignore my iced tea, and grab an ice cold beer. "We have Lime-o-rita's, scotch, and just plain Coors Light." She says and quickly opens her own drink. "I'm going to save me Iced Tea for later."

Alex shifts her position on the couch, laying on her back, feet tucked under Corrine and head in Isabel's lap. "I'll take a Lime-o-rita!" she calls back in response. This movie definitely tugged at the heart strings but she figured a drink might help curb the feeling to start the water works. "Do you mind grabbing me 2, please?" she asked as she fed herself a handful of popcorn and then threw a few pieces up into the face of Isabel.

"I can do that!" She calls back. She reaches back into the fridge, and grabs two of the same drink. Her eyes scan the rest of the fridge before she grabs her beer and Alex's drinks. She walks into the living room and hands the drinks to Alex. "There you go." She murmurs, smiling a bit.

Alex smiles back, "Thanks, love." She places one on the floor in front of her, sitting up now before opening the one in her hand and beginning to sip from it. She takes a long and deep draw from her drink before letting out a refreshing sigh. The girls seemed to be having a good time, which put a smile on Alex's face, she missed days like this...it felt so peaceful, so relaxing, just so natural. She took another long draw from her drink before she crossed her legs under herself and made herself comfy once more.

Rosa gasps and runs into the kitchen. "Wait. Beer. And nobody ever told me. Hmmph. Nobody can be trusted!" She exclaims, grabbing a Lime-o-rita. She comes back into the living room, sitting between two girls and accidentally taking a bigger gulp than she intended. She spita someof it on her blanket and coughs. "Oops.." she mutters.

Melyssa giggles and shakes her head. "Good going, Rosa." She teases. She takes a small drink of her beer and stands up. "I'll go grab a towel." Her eyes wonder over to the wet spot on the blanket, and she laugh silently to herself, before going into the kitchen and grabbing a rag.

"It's every woman for herself out here!" she declared as she stole the bowl of popcorn and placed it in her lap while chugging her Lime-a-rita. "Party foul on Rosa!" she jeered pointing at Rosa and smiling. A few chugs later and she was already on to her next one. "I'll be right back, I want to change into something else," she said as she headed upstairs, Lime-a-rita in hand, drinking as she ascended the stairs. She traded out her batman logo T-shirt for a tall-t that went down to her shins and removed her sweatpants, but was sporting a pair of iron man undies underneath. Once changed she skipped her way back downstairs finishing her second Lime-a-rita and throwing it away in the trash can in the kitchen, grabbed two more from the fridge and came back to the couch behind and places the cold drink on the back of her neck for a second to startle her before sitting back down next to her smiling and blowing a kiss.

Melyssa smiles at Alex and takes another drink from her beer. "What are we going to do after this?" She questions. "Because like I said earlier. If we aren't doing anything I'm going to go write some more chapters for my book." She adds. Her eyes wander towards the TV. She finishes her beer and stands up, walking into the kitchen, and grabbing another one.

Alex scrunches her nose at Melyssa's comment. "Work work work! It's okay to take some time off, ya know" she pouts, "I say we play a game or something...play some music and have some fun!" she stretches out the couch, head in Corrine's lap and feet in Rosa's. "Or if you really want to I'll come watch you work and pester you until you realize that you have no choice but to hang out with us!" she raises her drink high in triumph.

Melyssa chuckles and playfully rolls her eyes. "Yes. Work work work! It's what I do. I'm a writer. If I have an idea, I have to quickly write it down, or I will risk losing the idea." She laughs. "And I'll just take all the extra keys to the rooms and lock myself in there." She jokes, taking a drink of her new beer. Her eyes wander towards the TV again and she makes her way back to the couch. She sits down in front of it.

"Well we don't want any of those wonderful ideas to go to waste, so if you need to you're allowed to write ideas down," Alex sits up, taking a long draw from her drink, "However, you ca;t just go on hiatus during our girl's night to go to Writer's Island," she begins talking in a sad voice, "I have feeling to, ya know? You can't treat me like this." She pouts behind her after she chugs her drink and replaces it with the other one on the floor. "So are you really not going to give me any hint of what your next book is going to be?" she changes her voice to the imitate her Vampire Queen character from the show she is in, "If you don't tell me willingly," she slowly stands up, grabbing her empty bottle and walks behind the couch and behind Melyssa, "I have my ways to get the information from you, " she says in a sensual whisper in her ear before retiring to the kitchen to trash the empty bottle and replace it with a fresh one.

Melyssa laughs at how Alex is acting. "I'm really not going to tell you. You'll find out when it gets published. Or if you're lucky I'll let you read the rough draft when I finish it." She replies, smiling brightly. She shivers slightly when Alex whispers in her ear and she swallows. Her eyes follow after Alex and she stands up, following after her. "You have your ways, huh? I'd love to see you try to get me to tell you." She jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back