• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Astro-Z : Ready Players? [12/12]

Ariel

The Mermaid Slayer
Supporter
Astro-Z : Ready Players?

841d33735bc3635e9e053b7f011434fb.gif

Astro-Z is an indie game that seemed to appear overnight and its popularity spread like wildfire. Known as one of the hardest games to this day as few to none have ever beat it. Or rather, they haven't reached the true ending. Nobody believes those that say they have and there exist no screenshots of the credits proving that people have beat it. And for that reason, few also seem to know who produced the game other than an obscure company called RE : PENT. Rumor has it that the players who reach the true ending get to be real life heroes! But it's all fun and games... Or so they think.

The characters of this roleplay make up the few players whose skills were great enough to best this beast. Upon reaching the credit screen, they would find that it is rather empty. The gaming company name glides up the screen and then there's a prompt.

Do you accept?
[ YES ] [ NO ]

Upon accepting this, a bright light envelopes you and when you open your eyes, a small egg shaped device floats before you. Not sure what to do, you reach out and touch it...
Again, light shines, but when it fades, you look quite different, almost like one of the zodiac classes in the game. You have a weapon and are given great power. The device in your hand is a switch, a touch screen to turn it on and off as well as communicate with the other zodiacs. Not sure what any of this means, you're confused but you know now that the rumors were true. The game made you into your very own real life hero.

What will you do now?

Astro-Z :Taking Them By Storm

Astro-Z is a new indie game that has recently taken up the population by storm. Released by a new and upcoming company known simply as RE : PENT, only known for their release of Astro-Z and, as far as anyone knows, has not released any other games. No screenshots exist of the credits which only scroll if a player properly beats the game, so little is known about the people who created the game. Known as one of the hardest if not the hardest game to date, very few if any players have been able to reach the true ending and the proper way to beat the game. It's hard to find someone who hasn't heard of or played Astro-Z, celebrities have talked about it, merchandise is sold regularly, people walk around with Astro-Z t-shirts, mugs, key chains, decals, anything you can think of. It's made a major impact across the world and its a major topic of conversation. Rumor has it that the players who actually reach the true ending acquire super powers, though most laugh this off as a joke. If anyone says they've beaten the game, its most likely they're lying.

Astro-Z is similar to Hyper Light Drifter in style and design. A player moves through various levels, defeating enemy mobs before reaching a final boss that must be defeated before they can advance. Three lives is all a player is given and a fourth life may be acquired only after the player as gone through half of the game. A player, before starting, must choose between twelve classes all resembling one of the twelve zodiacs. Each class has its own character with a unique design, weapon, and skill. Enemies and bosses are themed after different constellations in the sky and the main boss is themed after Earth's Moon. Upon reaching the final boss, a player is given two choices. One being that the player lays down their sword and joins the enemy. Or the other being that the player flees to spare their life and continue fighting another day.

In order to reach the True Ending, a player must defeat every enemy, acquire every drop and the fourth life, and choose the secret third option at the end of the game. A code is needed to do this and is found throughout the various levels and requires multiple playthroughs of the game in order to complete. Each code is a button on the controller and a letter. The player must pause the game when given the two options and enter the code in the right order. If ordered correctly, the game seems to glitch out and the scene replays, though this time, with the third option that spells out the proper sequence of the code: DIE A HERO. When the player selects the final option, they defeat the boss while giving their life to do so. Peace returns to the world and the world is rid of the enemy and its army.

Despite the few players that have beat the game, screenshots and help do not exist online or anywhere. Whether that is because the victors are good at keeping a secret or if some outside force has intervened, nobody knows for sure.

The Zodiacs

[Aquarius] : Henry is a sweetheart who is quite used to things flying over his head. Great at listening to people's problems but not so great at telling people his own problems. A popular meme that has cropped up is that everyone wants Henry as a friend.
Weapon : Large dagger.
Excellent Hearing : Henry can listen in on anything, anywhere given he actively tries. It may take some searching to find specific points, but think of it like astral projection, although only with his ears. Henry is also able to hear a cry from help from any of the other zodiacs, given it is spoken or unspoken and he can pinpoint the location and who it is.

[Pisces] : Arin is a quiet and shy girl who most often prefers to be alone. Very passionate in what she does while able to handle the world around her with care. One of the three main "waifus" of the game.
Weapon : Dual Swords
Mer-person : Arin is able to manipulate water as she pleases. When swimming, she can breathe as normally as she could on land, has a very high lung capacity, and takes power from being around or in water.

[Aries] : Lindo is a very impatient and hot tempered fellow. A total badass in the game, but probably unbearable in real life. Only a favorite to some because of his appearance and his weapon.
Weapon : Katana
Fire-Breather : Yes, Lindo literally breathes fire. It doesn't last forever and it does have a cool down. He can also manipulate fire as well and is immune to burns.

[Taurus] : Key is incredibly stubborn and yet somehow very gentle. He'll argue you into the ground about something but he'll be polite about it the whole time
Weapon : Lance
Bull-Strength : Key is stronger than most, especially with the lance, although fairly slow. Damage and injury only seems to spur him on and increase his strength.

[Gemini] : Charlie loves to learn and show his love for others, but can get pretty anxious and fearful. He has a few nervous ticks, but all around seems to be a good guy.
Weapon : Long, slightly-curved sword
Quick as Lightning : Charlie is incredibly fast, almost so much so that it is hard for the human eye to keep up. He isn't agile and isn't immune to running into objects at super speeds, but he is able to perceive his surroundings just as well as he could walking or jogging.

[Cancer] : Mac is a dark shadow, a wallflower, but ever loyal to those who he devotes himself to. Soft spoken but honest, he tends to see his glass half empty.
Weapon : A sword
Perceivance : Sort of like having eyes all over his body but without having eyes all over his body. Mac is able to perceive his surroundings in a 360 degree view at all times. Meaning he can see forwards, backwards, sideways, up, down, all over all at the same time.

[Leo] : Kiera is all fire and passion. Everything she does, she does with all of her heart and can be quite playful. Out of the top three "waifus", Kiera takes the spot of number one.
Weapon : Dual rifles
Shapeshifter : Kiera can take on the form of a beast, more specifically a lion, at any point and can switch between the two forms freely.

[Virgo] : Leah is an extremely hard worker who tends to be seriousness just about 100% of the time. A little naive at times, but lovable all the same. Leah is one of the top three "waifus" of the game.
Weapon : Spear
Healing Grace : Leah can heal others given she actively puts power into it and focuses on what needs to be healed. Saps a good deal of her energy but can heal any wound or affliction given she can get to it quickly enough. Cannot heal herself.

[Libra] : A calm and gentle force, Fiona is good at breaking up disputes and seeing the good and bad of both sides. Although, if someone crosses her, she'll remember it until the end of time.
Weapon : A crescent shaped sword
Aerokinesis : Fiona could manipulate the wind as she saw fit, using it to push objects or attack enemies. Unable to do more than hover a few feet off the ground with the ability.

[Scorpio] : Noella is kind, while stubborn and a friend to all. She does get jealous rather easily and it takes her a while to trust someone.
Weapon : Scythe
Poisonous Sting : Noella is immune to poisons, while being able to imbue her scythe's blade with various poisons with a simple touch. A touch is all it takes, as well, to neutralize a poison in someone else's body.

[Sagittarius] : A sarcastic and lighthearted girl, Rain is a joy to have around. Although the type of person without a filter, she's known to put her foot in her mouth often. Still she'd give you the shirt off her back if you needed it.
Weapon : Bow
Good Eye : Rain can see both in the dark and in the light very well and her distance of perception extends incredibly far, maxing out at a few miles from where she stands.

[Capricorn] : Sam is a well mannered and intelligent guy, but can be quite condescending at times. He values knowledge greatly and even if he can come off as a jerk, he has only ever meant well.
Weapon : Bo Staff
Grace and Agility : Sam is incredibly flexible and agile. His reflexes are sharper than most and his fighting style relies on his ability to dodge. He's a hard target to hit and some have described the appearance of him fighting like an intricate dance.

The Rules

1. This is a semi-detailed Roleplay. At minimum a paragraph per post please! You need to be able to describe your surrounds, react to anything that has happened, how your character is feeling, and any actions your character takes. A couple sentences is not enough to do that.

2. One character per person. I will accept only twelve being as there are only twelve zodiacs. Perhaps there might be room for a villian... But I'm going to say there's twelve slots now, so I'm accepting eleven other players.

3. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I don't bite.

4. I plan to have an OOC and such for discord. Easier to check for me at times and I kind of prefer it, honestly. But it isn't a must.

5. You can call roles but unless I see you active and working on a character, I will give the role to somebody else. On an off note, I plan to make a Leo.

6. We'll be playing characters who beat the game and were given access to the powers of the twelve zodiacs, given the definition of the game, not of the background of the zodiacs. Eventually enemies from inside the game will start appearing in the real world. Other events will occur but I don't want to spoil anything!

7. Your character will be free to make it how you please. However, please try to reflect some of the traits of the zodiac you have chosen, because that will be the algorithm of how the game chooses a class to give to you. Later I will include appearances of the weapon and outfit of the character IN GAME, but there can be some minor deviations in appearance for how your character looks in their zodiac form.

Last edited:
SO interested. XD I've been waiting for a roleplay like this forever!? Seriously, been on the site almost four years lool, an dangit- I got so sucked in for Leo lool.

Ariel Ariel I have an idea for a character, is it okay for them to be pregnant? And if they take on their 'video game' form does this not show?

Pregnant is a weird twist woah. But considering the whole hero thing I don't think that'd be doable. But idk up to Ariel
Hence I was asking about the form, though trust me I play em a lot and I know how to battle with a pregnant character, a tad different style but just as effective

Lol but considering it is a Scorpio haha :P
lool, I guess so pfft, I tried to take some of the signs element not to mention being one myself, but only due to being born late I was actually meant to be a saggitaurus

Ariel Ariel I have an idea for a character, is it okay for them to be pregnant? And if they take on their 'video game' form does this not show?
I don't see why not. Its okay not to show but they'd still be pregnant while in their zodiac form. So if they got injured the in the stomach badly enough... you know.

Tbh I have no idea what's free? Is there a list I can see? I'd love to join and do some proper long writing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back