• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Astral Knights: Order and Chaos (Always open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Truthblade

I am the truth. Deal with it.
Astral Knighy.png

Truth and Deceit. Charity and Vanity. Humility and Pride. Peace and Anger. All of these are traits and qualities that characterize the human race for as long as it has existed. But what if I were to tell you, that such things were not mere concepts created by humanity. What if they could actually exist as physical entities? You will be surprised to learn, that this is so.
This is a world parallel to the one you call earth. In the history of this world, it was once protected and plagued by powerful beings known as Astral Knights. They were celebrated throughout the realms as great defenders of humanity, and feared as bringers of doom, seemingly chosen by fate to be born with power beyond that which is conceivable by man. Born with weapons and magical abilities unattainable by mortals, the greatest mystery was where this great power came from. But if you possessed an eye for the world beyond your own, then you would know the truth.
This practice was once widely known across the entire world. But that would soon end. When the world began to modernize, the Value of the fragments was beginning wane. Soon Fragments seemingly withdrew their presence from the world, and after many centuries, their existence faded into myth and legend. No one ever heard the voice of The Fragments again.
One night in the place known as Janus City, about one week prior, you were outside doing whatever it was you had to do. Late night shopping, hanging out with friends, the usual stuff. Then soon, you found yourself whisked away to somewhere else. You seemed to still be in the city, but everyone else seemed to have disappeared….or did you disappear? You then started to hear a voice speaking to you. You thought you may have been imagining things, but there was actually someone watching. Speaking. The voice seems to know your deepest wish, and your greatest strength….and your weakness. It says it can help you achieve them…..

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I beckon you to relax my lord,” a man said speaking to a dark corner from his chair.

A very haunting presence was emanating from the darkness in the other side of the large office room. It was being cloaked in pitch black flames, but its figure could still be made out through the mist. The form of a young man with large leathery black wings could be seen leering towards the man. He was dressed in a business suit sitting at his large, brown desk that literally had his name on it : Eric Niel. Being the owner of a company that specializes in new age technology would certainly bring more than a few benefits. But would they be as good as what this Fragment, who revealed himself to him as “Hveon”,can yield to him?

“I believe it is ought to be my right to hold some concern, Eric Niel,” the spirit spoke in a sinister voice. “The growth of Fragments have finally spiraled out of control. I am quite sure you are aware what that means for us?”

Eric nodded in acknowledgement. “I then suppose you intend to put your plan into action?”

“I shall. In the mean time, you should let your underlings know about these new people. Meanwhile, I will make sure my own will pay them a visit.”

“Very well,” the spirit responded, disappearing from the man’s presence, and with him went the shadows….

It has been about a week since you have resonated with your fragment. Now you are about to be sent out after about a week of training to try to rid the realm of harassing shards. These are technically Fragments, but they do not represent any aspects of human nature, and exist on a lower level of existing. But since they don’t take nearly as much energy to manifest, they are capable of influencing the physical realm to do varying degrees of mischief and suffering.

Additionally, you are instructed by your fragment to be wary of any other Astrals you may encounter, for it is possible that they may be foes….

Remembrance Remembrance Sizniche Sizniche Blackrose7 Blackrose7 plastic_lover plastic_lover Zamasu Zamasu Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 fickleglory fickleglory Kenji Jensai Kenji Jensai

Blanche chewed at the tip of her thumb while she leaned on an old table. In this, "well known" Speakeasy, criminals of the like gather for peace and quiet. The woman sits across from a tall gentleman staring at the cards in his old hands. His heavy handlebar mustache rests above his lip and twitches when ever his nose moved.
"Go fish." he said with eyes looking back up to her.
Blanche exhales and draws another card.
"Do you have any," his tongue sucks over his teeth. He looks at his cards then to Blanches face. She keeps her stare at him. In that moment he side eyes to the left of her. Blanche frowns and looks over her shoulder. A young man's head quickly away from her direction.
She slams the cards onto the table and draws her gun,"You cheater!" In reaction, Hank jumps from his chair and pulls his own. The guests all began a hollering in a hootenanny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back