• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic [DISCONTINUED] Astral Fulcrum OOC

Figure I may as well do this now rather than keep procrastinating it. This is all just possible future relationship vibes between Rel-Taren and other characters, based largely on personality with a dash of backstory. Likely subject to change once the IC itself gets rolling and his personality gets to marinate longer.

Judith: They're pretty much a mismatch in terms of patriotism, with Rel-Taren having a much more negative view on the Empire. Despite such disagreements though, he doesn't go after Judith herself all that hard, recognizing that she's fundamentally a child and also the type to put her money where her mouth is. Finds it incredibly curious that she uses a bow too, as his own culture mostly just throws shit instead before being catapulted into the era of firearms by foreign technology. Also, if there's ever a case where the two of them need to take a photo side-by-side, Rel-Taren will lift himself up with his tail, just so he can add a few imaginary inches to his own height. Nothing personal.

Amroi: Rel-Taren'd think the kid's an absolute riot, and 100% would egg Amroi on. That's only through an amusement factor though; it's unlikely that they would actually become all that close, considering how Amroi's selfish survival (actions taken to preserve one's life) runs counter to Rel-Taren's own beliefs of selfless survival (actions taken to benefit one's tribe).

Durthai: It's an admirable trait that Durthai possesses, but Rel-Taren's fundamentally flabberghasted that she chose to become a Mobius pilot to enable such things, and he wonders if Durthai understands that the role she takes is one about 'choosing who lives or dies', not 'saving more lives'. Her origins may have been harsh, but she needs to be tempered still, if she is to survive the storm of steel with her body intact. In a way, probably treats her like a baby bird that would benefit from getting kicked out of the nest over and over, rather than be coddled and fed pre-digested worms.

Cyra: Not much to say here; Rel-Taren doesn't consider her all that interesting, but appreciates her willingness to be a shield. He'll probably express some incredulity if he actually catches her not being a perfect, professional soldier type though. Marvel at how thick of a mask she wears.

Saimos: Rel-Taren looks forward to the day Saimos dies an ignoble death. Other than that though, he recognizes that violence against nobility would be troublesome, so he keeps his distance and keeps a cordial tone. If he was going to strike, he was going to strike to kill.

Felix: There's always this type. The type that makes a wonderful second-in-command. The type that would be willing to break the heavy silence of a great loss or a heavy tragedy. Rel-Taren sees Felix as that rare type, and enjoys the younger soldier's levity. If there was any individual that Durthai ought to model her behavior after, it was Felix. A shame, really, that he was so entwined with a blue-blooded buffoon.

Rakh: Not much to comment on here. Cool ability, zero individuality. Rel-Taren sees no particular need to make any extra effort to mesh with such a well-made cog. That may change if he gains any awareness of Rakh's moral framework...in which case it'd just be hilarious instead.

Muris: Sunlight is a wonderful thing. Muris is not. Another cog for the machine. How much blood ought to flow before his heart learns to beat?

Fionnuala: What a fascinating creature, to almost fully disguise one's self as human, except with the quality of possessing fangs! What was the point of that evolutionary development, when one had no claws to catch, no jaws to snap? Did she exist as the first step to a more efficient, more monstrous form for the humanoid? Does she find solace in her arts, or are they just preparations for her martial art, the sweep of her Hellscythe? A beast that hides its fangs, a monster that hides its scars! But why fucking hide, just because some idiots who've never tasted fear were a bit unnerved?

Adric: Rel-Taren recognizes an equal in Adric. But that's all the respect that is due to the man. They fought in the same war, certainly, but they fought a wholly different war as well. Perhaps there will be a time when they could talk about what they've lost, but right now? There is no sympathy, no empathy, no recognition of commonality. Just the bare baseline of respect.

Odessa: Outside of their rivalry and kinship as gunners, Rel-Taren would probably be most interested in engaging in Odessa because of her knowledge of fashion. Foreign clothes, foreign world, after all. He knows little of fabrics and styles, but understands the class differences established through fashion. And if his people were to be recognized as more than just savages who committed cruelty upon cruelty in order to beat back the Sorenti...well, first off, it'd be good if there were clothes that complimented their form.

Nikadim: Well, he understands Rakh a bit more now. One of them had to continue the bloodline, after all, and it certainly wasn't going to be Nikadim. Funny guy though. A living firework. One hopes the explosion was worth the price.

Aeoun: Rel-Taren recognizes the abnormality of Aeoun through smell and heat, and if further study is done into the Katasteri race, he'd be wholly fascinated by how evolution created something like that. He'd also wonder, of course, two things: how to kill them, and why they were taken for their services as warriors. Surely, anyone could see that shapeshifters would be better off as assassins or spies! Or, if lacking that, then as behind-the-lines operators pushed to do things that would be suicidal to a pure-flesh organism. Really, it seems a total waste that they would stuff one of the Katasteri in a giant robot...though that's just broad complaints. Aeoun, individually? It's a fine thing to have another warrior amongst these soldiers.

Liane: Rel-Taren doesn't care if she lacks humanity. The Empire doesn't ask for humanity, anyhow. Though her magic...well, isn't that a funny thing. The Sorenti would rarely, if ever, invoke magic, so what was the purpose of anti-magic, except for...ah. Another piece to be perfected for the next war.

Eko: A more pleasant spawn of noble-types, for sure. Rel-Taren finds it fun to poke holes in Eko with stories of past brutalities, the type that shock Eko with how plain evil the Xihu'teins were. He doesn't ever go too far though, and if he does, he doesn't mind lying and saying that he made that one up. After all, above Eko's nature, above their bond as gunners, above their equally-inhuman existences, above everything, Rel-Taren sees Eko as useful. If they had someone like him, even just five years earlier, fighting alongside the bands in Huella-Talos, so much could have changed.

Sarina: It was funny, coming across the namesake of her Mobius. A devil aflame, and yet it served as sensor support for the vanguard. The human herself is interesting, but not in any particularly stand-out way. Her flexibility of mind is good though. Rel-Taren finds himself slightly surprised whenever she deviates from the aura of a professional soldier, and between her and Felix, he sees a good pairing to lead a squadron together. Didn't take long for him to start beating her at darts though. Call it the Xihu'tein difference.

Marian: Cool ability, still a noble. That apathy persists, even on the off-chance that Marian ever shares her story to Rel-Taren. He doesn't care, after all. She lied to get a good life. She lied, and as a Sorenti, somehow had the miraculous gift of possessing high enough Aureum capabilities to pilot such a powerful machine. So many miracles aligned to get her where she was, and in another couple years, she'd have power enough to crush her 'father' if she wanted to. What was there to be sad about? The death of one friend gave her so much! And in due time, whether she errs or not would become irrelevant. People would've known 'Marian' longer than they would have known Marian.

Marian: Cool ability, still a noble. That apathy persists, even on the off-chance that Marian ever shares her story to Rel-Taren. He doesn't care, after all. She lied to get a good life. She lied, and as a Sorenti, somehow had the miraculous gift of possessing high enough Aureum capabilities to pilot such a powerful machine. So many miracles aligned to get her where she was, and in another couple years, she'd have power enough to crush her 'father' if she wanted to. What was there to be sad about? The death of one friend gave her so much! And in due time, whether she errs or not would become irrelevant. People would've known 'Marian' longer than they would have known Marian.
Dis some real shit right here. Pointing out that the stars literally aligned for her to get to Aarau - I think that'd make for a great reality check, regardless if it comes from Rel-Taren or someone else who manages to dig deep enough.

Finally got the cs up, sorry bout the long wait. I'm gonna be adding the BBCode when I'm able to get to my computer

Also I  totally didn't accidentally post my cs on the interest check before deleting it and posting it in the correct thread. Who would do that, honestly? Not me. Nope.

Finally got the cs up, sorry bout the long wait. I'm gonna be adding the BBCode when I'm able to get to my computer

Also I  totally didn't accidentally post my cs on the interest check before deleting it and posting it in the correct thread. Who would do that, honestly? Not me. Nope.
Hmm that's strange, then why did I get a notification from you in inter-
*BLAM*

Hmm that's strange, then why did I get a notification from you in inter-
*BLAM*
Not sure what you mean? I would literally never do that. I'm a professional thank you very much! And a professional would never make a basic mistake like that.

ok im not going to lie, I completely forgot the Sorenti don't use magic. It's ok, the psychic damage half will work fine, copium

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe I just realized, what would happen if Aeoun sat in Ein Sof's anti-magic field for too long? Does he just get thanos snapped?

Figure I may as well do this now rather than keep procrastinating it. This is all just possible future relationship vibes between Rel-Taren and other characters, based largely on personality with a dash of backstory. Likely subject to change once the IC itself gets rolling and his personality gets to marinate longer.

Judith: They're pretty much a mismatch in terms of patriotism, with Rel-Taren having a much more negative view on the Empire. Despite such disagreements though, he doesn't go after Judith herself all that hard, recognizing that she's fundamentally a child and also the type to put her money where her mouth is. Finds it incredibly curious that she uses a bow too, as his own culture mostly just throws shit instead before being catapulted into the era of firearms by foreign technology. Also, if there's ever a case where the two of them need to take a photo side-by-side, Rel-Taren will lift himself up with his tail, just so he can add a few imaginary inches to his own height. Nothing personal.

Amroi: Rel-Taren'd think the kid's an absolute riot, and 100% would egg Amroi on. That's only through an amusement factor though; it's unlikely that they would actually become all that close, considering how Amroi's selfish survival (actions taken to preserve one's life) runs counter to Rel-Taren's own beliefs of selfless survival (actions taken to benefit one's tribe).

Durthai: It's an admirable trait that Durthai possesses, but Rel-Taren's fundamentally flabberghasted that she chose to become a Mobius pilot to enable such things, and he wonders if Durthai understands that the role she takes is one about 'choosing who lives or dies', not 'saving more lives'. Her origins may have been harsh, but she needs to be tempered still, if she is to survive the storm of steel with her body intact. In a way, probably treats her like a baby bird that would benefit from getting kicked out of the nest over and over, rather than be coddled and fed pre-digested worms.

Cyra: Not much to say here; Rel-Taren doesn't consider her all that interesting, but appreciates her willingness to be a shield. He'll probably express some incredulity if he actually catches her not being a perfect, professional soldier type though. Marvel at how thick of a mask she wears.

Saimos: Rel-Taren looks forward to the day Saimos dies an ignoble death. Other than that though, he recognizes that violence against nobility would be troublesome, so he keeps his distance and keeps a cordial tone. If he was going to strike, he was going to strike to kill.

Felix: There's always this type. The type that makes a wonderful second-in-command. The type that would be willing to break the heavy silence of a great loss or a heavy tragedy. Rel-Taren sees Felix as that rare type, and enjoys the younger soldier's levity. If there was any individual that Durthai ought to model her behavior after, it was Felix. A shame, really, that he was so entwined with a blue-blooded buffoon.

Rakh: Not much to comment on here. Cool ability, zero individuality. Rel-Taren sees no particular need to make any extra effort to mesh with such a well-made cog. That may change if he gains any awareness of Rakh's moral framework...in which case it'd just be hilarious instead.

Muris: Sunlight is a wonderful thing. Muris is not. Another cog for the machine. How much blood ought to flow before his heart learns to beat?

Fionnuala: What a fascinating creature, to almost fully disguise one's self as human, except with the quality of possessing fangs! What was the point of that evolutionary development, when one had no claws to catch, no jaws to snap? Did she exist as the first step to a more efficient, more monstrous form for the humanoid? Does she find solace in her arts, or are they just preparations for her martial art, the sweep of her Hellscythe? A beast that hides its fangs, a monster that hides its scars! But why fucking hide, just because some idiots who've never tasted fear were a bit unnerved?

Adric: Rel-Taren recognizes an equal in Adric. But that's all the respect that is due to the man. They fought in the same war, certainly, but they fought a wholly different war as well. Perhaps there will be a time when they could talk about what they've lost, but right now? There is no sympathy, no empathy, no recognition of commonality. Just the bare baseline of respect.

Odessa: Outside of their rivalry and kinship as gunners, Rel-Taren would probably be most interested in engaging in Odessa because of her knowledge of fashion. Foreign clothes, foreign world, after all. He knows little of fabrics and styles, but understands the class differences established through fashion. And if his people were to be recognized as more than just savages who committed cruelty upon cruelty in order to beat back the Sorenti...well, first off, it'd be good if there were clothes that complimented their form.

Nikadim: Well, he understands Rakh a bit more now. One of them had to continue the bloodline, after all, and it certainly wasn't going to be Nikadim. Funny guy though. A living firework. One hopes the explosion was worth the price.

Aeoun: Rel-Taren recognizes the abnormality of Aeoun through smell and heat, and if further study is done into the Katasteri race, he'd be wholly fascinated by how evolution created something like that. He'd also wonder, of course, two things: how to kill them, and why they were taken for their services as warriors. Surely, anyone could see that shapeshifters would be better off as assassins or spies! Or, if lacking that, then as behind-the-lines operators pushed to do things that would be suicidal to a pure-flesh organism. Really, it seems a total waste that they would stuff one of the Katasteri in a giant robot...though that's just broad complaints. Aeoun, individually? It's a fine thing to have another warrior amongst these soldiers.

Liane: Rel-Taren doesn't care if she lacks humanity. The Empire doesn't ask for humanity, anyhow. Though her magic...well, isn't that a funny thing. The Sorenti would rarely, if ever, invoke magic, so what was the purpose of anti-magic, except for...ah. Another piece to be perfected for the next war.

Eko: A more pleasant spawn of noble-types, for sure. Rel-Taren finds it fun to poke holes in Eko with stories of past brutalities, the type that shock Eko with how plain evil the Xihu'teins were. He doesn't ever go too far though, and if he does, he doesn't mind lying and saying that he made that one up. After all, above Eko's nature, above their bond as gunners, above their equally-inhuman existences, above everything, Rel-Taren sees Eko as useful. If they had someone like him, even just five years earlier, fighting alongside the bands in Huella-Talos, so much could have changed.

Sarina: It was funny, coming across the namesake of her Mobius. A devil aflame, and yet it served as sensor support for the vanguard. The human herself is interesting, but not in any particularly stand-out way. Her flexibility of mind is good though. Rel-Taren finds himself slightly surprised whenever she deviates from the aura of a professional soldier, and between her and Felix, he sees a good pairing to lead a squadron together. Didn't take long for him to start beating her at darts though. Call it the Xihu'tein difference.

Interesting thoughts. <3

ok im not going to lie, I completely forgot the Sorenti don't use magic. It's ok, the psychic damage half will work fine, copium

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe I just realized, what would happen if Aeoun sat in Ein Sof's anti-magic field for too long? Does he just get thanos snapped?
If you think you can graduate from this school, without dying from Sorenti witchcraft, you are dead wrong.

Don't worry, it'll come in handy when pilgrim makes us all turn on each other.
Interesting thought. Perhaps a Battle Royale mode? Where we are all operators marketed as nothing more than the base for future transactions.
Astral Fulcrum: Corporate Wars.

Interesting thought. Perhaps a Battle Royale mode? Where we are all operators marketed as nothing more than the base for future transactions.
Astral Fulcrum: Corporate Wars.
Damn we're getting spin-offs already? We haven't even aired the pilot yet! Ambitious, but I'm down XD

The Antimagic field when this bad boy flies through it directly to a person's skull:
Brick.jpg

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Would you care for Sarina and Fion’s lockers being next to each other? I was thinking to imply they introduced themselves to each other in Fion’s next post and they can be surprised by Lady Great Sword together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back