• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Assassin and Royalty (jacunliffe and WildpeltTheCat)

jacunliffe

Chronically Bored Teen
Isabel steeled herself for the job, heading into the castle disguised as a maid. It was surprising not as hard as she thought it would have been considering that she wanted it to run smoothly. "Congratulations you gotten in...." She mutters as she walks down a hall following two maids headed for the second floor. As she walked she patted her side, comforted by the knife that was there just where she had placed it before leaving. Her palms began to sweat as a group of guards walked by her. Patrolling.

@WildpeltTheCat

Leaning back against the small chair he had in his room, Arias yawned and picked up a small pen. His room was rather spartan, more so because he wasn't very found of the plush fabrics and exquisite luxuries that most royalty went with. He was still a prince, yet he was more into writing and reading than he was fighting and leading armies. He closed his eyes and sighed, leaning back into the chair and yawned once more.

Her eyes darted around, looking for a sign she was near the Princes room. Isabels pulse picked up, hearing a muffled conversation about guards changing shifts on the princes room. That was her cue it seemed. Clicking her shoes apprehensively she approached the door and exchanged words with the two before they headed off, letting her into the room. She peered in spotting him on a chair with his eyes shut. So she swallowed and walked in and began to dust appearing normal for a moment.

Arias yawned once more, finally giving up on writing the next entry in his journal and simply going to bed. He stored the ink so it wouldn't dry and walked over to his bed, laying down and giving a small relaxed sigh of content. He didn't bother to pull any blankets over him as he simply leaned against a pillow and tried to fall asleep, physically exhausted.

Isabel watched him out of the corner of her eyes. She reached over and shut the door silently, cutting him off from immediate help. Setting down the duster and un-tying the apron around her skirt, allowing access to the hidden knife. She approached the bed, her forehead now prickled in sweat.

Arias did not notice her at all, his mind fully set on sleeping. He began to breathe faster and faster until finally his breaths became monotonous, having fallen asleep. He gently wrapped his arms around a pillow and curled up around it, yawning one final time before all the muscles in his body relaxed and allowed him the peace that rest brought.

Isabel stood by him bed side, sweat beading on her fore arms and in her palms from the anxiety that racked her. She pulled the knife, her hands beginning to shake as she leveled it over his body. All her time spent learning shift and guard changes was UN-wraveling as she had second thoughts. "Bad freaking timing for this...." She muttered as she wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. She swallowed and made to stab him but she dropped the knife onto his shoulder, sending it sliding down his back to rest on the floor with a clatter. "Shit!" She says loudly.

Arias shot up in bed, hearing the knife hit the floor, "What the hell?! GUARDS!" He screamed, standing up in the bed. His entire body was now tensed with alert, and his muscles were taught with trepidation. He turned and faced her, raising a hand to smack her across the face. He yelped in complete fear.

Isabels eyes widened, her head shooting towards the guards despite the fact she knew they would only be down the hall or around the corner and would be back quite soon. She narrowed her eyes, silently cursing at herself but she was now in a sticky situation. "I would be quiet." She says in a low voice. Watching his hand that was now raised, his body language taught. Her eyes darting back to the doorway. She could hear scrambling in the hall and she needed to act quickly. "Get down from there and stand by the window." She says picking up the knife. Her pulse was racing and her low voice was only a figment now. Isabel was petrified but adrenaline kept her moving.

Arias would've attempted to try and get to her, yet the sharp knife that she held made him lock up in fear. He realized that he coudln't afford to wait nor go with her. However, he decided to go with her, more out of fear of being gutted. He stood up and he gulped, standing in front of the window and shuddering. He gulped, "Wh...what are you going to do to me?" He asked. Again, he wasn't a fighter, he was actually more of writer. As such, he wasn't able to break free.

"Climb out the window . You know this place better than I do. Get us out and maybe you will last a bit longer." She says. If she had it her way he would be unconscious and she would have dragged him out herself but she didn't have the upper body strength. She could see the fear in his eyes and didn't blame him. She moved to the door and barred it just before the guards arrived. Pounding on the door. He blew a strand of hair out of her eyes and watched him. She didn't answer the question he had asked and jumped at the sound of an exceptionally loud attemp on the door that cracked the wood door.

He nodded to her, his body shuddering. He thought about trying to lead her to a spot where the guards were, yet he again was afraid of having a knife placed into his back. He slid outside the window and began to slide his way among the balcony. The tower was above a walkway, so he was able to drop down without having his legs broken. He gulped and he ushered her down, pressing himself against the rock. From there, they would easily be able to just go down the stairs and outside the castle.

Isabel dropped down, gripping the knife. She pressed her back against the stone tower and watched him for directions. Feeling the need to make herself seem legitimate and not like a scared girl who was tempting the odds, she prodded him with the tip of the knife and held hherself as she heard the door break and guards flood the princes room. "Hurry up!"

He looked up, "climb down here..." He gulped, ready to run. Yet his options were limited, so he decided it would be beat if he simply guided her out. He gestured, "climb down the window!" He hissed, getting nervous as the moonlight slithered along the blade.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

(GTG Good Night)

Isabel climbed down, following him. She squeezed the blade, her knuckles white. "You have 1 minute to get us out our the blade will find a new home in between your shoulder blades." She snapped. Her pulse was up as she heard guards searching the room and the castle grounds for the prince.

He blushed hard and slowly walked over towards the wall, taking them down a staircase that lead out a secret door, taking them outside. He looked behind his shoulders trembling and shaking, "t-there I-I got us out. Don't kill me..." He backed against the wall, "I'm begging you please."

Isabel let out her breath which hadn't realized she was holding as they made their way out. She watched him for a moment, her face void of emotion. "Not much of a prince huh. What are you? A coward? Afraid of a girl?" She says looking him over, not surprised to see he had small ink stains on his hands. No scars from training to lead an army. "Foolish.... If I was going to kill you I had plenty of time for that when we reached the staircase...." She muttered as she grabbed his arm and dragged him along. Using her remaining strength to lead him down a path and into a secluded part of the kingdom with few houses nearby.

He narrowed his eyes, "what's the point of fighting? Writing is indelible. Battles are ephemeral. There is only sacrifice and pain in conquest. Bettering oneself and his subjects through the arts is much more beneficial." He would have continued, but her knife at his back made him eagerly start to move forward.

"Mhmm." She says switching knife hands, so she can wipe her palms on her stolen maids uniform. "I have a feeling this wasn't how you planned your nigh to go" She says as they walk, taking a turn and heading off the road towards a house near the edge of the woods.

He turned to her, then he instantly ran away from her. Even though he was actually a book worm, he was fast. Very fast. He tried to keep quiet, aiming for the ramparts of the castle. If he was spotted, they'd kill this assassin, or whatever she was, before she could kill him!

Isabels eyes widened and darted after him, kicking off her shoes and tearing after him. Damn he's fast. She threw the knife past his head as a warning. She saw the castle nearing and all the lights were on. She poured on the speed and chased him down.

Had Arias been slightly faster, he'd have made it. Yet at the last second his foot snagged in a rabbit hole, throwing him painfully to the ground. By the Time he'd scrAmbled up to his feet, he felt an elbow on his back, "I-I'm sorry!" He whispered, fearing her wrath.

Isabel pulled him to his feet by the scruff of his neck, her nails digging into his skin. "Should have killed you earlier.... no matter." She says sharply. "But you can't go running off like that. You might get found and tell them about me. We can't have that!" She says dragging him by the ear.

He bit his lip and he scrambled to stand up. He eventually did so to prevent his ear from getting literally torn off. After he'd managed to stand, he held out his wrists, "okay fine, tie me up or whatever you're going to do. Best get it over with."

Isabel tied his wrists tightly in front of him. So she could see his hands at all times. After that was finished she led him to a house on the outskirts of the kingdom and put him in the basement. Tied to a chair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back