• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Ask First, Punch Later.

First, I can't seem to find this an appropriate tag as I've no experiences with bugs, yet. No suggestions I can give as of the moment either. And this does not seem to fit in the help tag scope, but it's the closest it can be.

So, now that a section dedicated fully to arena-like roleplays has been done, I'd like to bring up some questions for me and some of my fellow RpN members that are interested, or starting to be, in the said section. Although I will be focusing on the ranked matches, because I am a scrub who seeks to be a pro.

Without further ado, here are my inquiries:

1. Apparently, ranked roleplays grant us points for winning and costs us one for losing. Will there be any limit for these points, both maximum and minimum? Or can you go 'till your numbers reach the sky, or below sea level?

2. How exactly does one win a ranked match? Is it by killing or defeating the other player's character, or meeting a certain goal in the rp? Or will we be judged or measured by an outside source, who shall declare the victor?

3. Are forfeits allowed in ranked matches? And does forfeiting count as a loss, giving the one who remained a victory? Does being unable to respond for a certain amount of time count as a forfeit?

4. Can ranked matches be done ing groups (2v2s, 3v3s, etc.), or are they limited only to one player against another?

5. Will there be a colosseum thingy in the roleplay preferences? Even if it would act like a simple eye-candy for some, it'd be great to let others know you're available for some good old brawling.

6. Genres. Many battles occur in common rps, but this section might be different. Sure, fantasy, sci-fi, modern, and realistic have character battles in them all the time, but what about fandom rps? Will canon characters be able to be used in this section's roleplays or will they have to create an original character?

7. Do I talk about the fight club?

Thanks for wasting your time reading, and possibly responding to this. I'll be preparing to dive in head first at the colosseum. Leeeeeerrroooooyyyyyy Jeeeennnnkiiiiinnnnssssss!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not involved with the colosseum at all, myself, so I believe these would all be questions for @The Dark Wizard

I will say that snitches get stitches, in response to question seven. ;)

I have been talking with @The Dark Wizard about this stuff, and he has told me that he is working on a faq post for these and other questions, but he was feeling under the weather and wasn't making much progress so far.

Reinhardt said:
1. Apparently, ranked roleplays grant us points for winning and costs us one for losing. Will there be any limit for these points, both maximum and minimum? Or can you go 'till your numbers reach the sky, or below sea level?
There is no limit.

Reinhardt said:
2. How exactly does one win a ranked match? Is it by killing or defeating the other player's character, or meeting a certain goal in the rp? Or will we be judged or measured by an outside source, who shall declare the victor?
If ranked matches can't reach a consensus, @Sherwood will decide.

Reinhardt said:
3. Are forfeits allowed in ranked matches? And does forfeiting count as a loss, giving the one who remained a victory? Does being unable to respond for a certain amount of time count as a forfeit?
Yes to all of that.

Reinhardt said:
. Can ranked matches be done ing groups (2v2s, 3v3s, etc.), or are they limited only to one player against another?
Yes.

Reinhardt said:
Will there be a colosseum thingy in the roleplay preferences? Even if it would act like a simple eye-candy for some, it'd be great to let others know you're available for some good old brawling.
Eventually.

Reinhardt said:
Genres. Many battles occur in common rps, but this section might be different. Sure, fantasy, sci-fi, modern, and realistic have character battles in them all the time, but what about fandom rps? Will canon characters be able to be used in this section's roleplays or will they have to create an original character?
You can make fandom Colosseum fights.

Reinhardt said:
7. Do I talk about the fight club?
No.

No problem. We try to be of service. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If I don't have the answers, I'll send it up the line to the other mods and get one for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back