• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Ashfall [DMed Dystopian RP]

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Basically, a 1x1 DMed roleplay where you play as a citizen in a dystopian society. Death is a high possibility, but it depends on your decisions. Ultimately, you goal is to either escape the city, or pick a side in the conflict. We can work out some unique scenarios to start your character off.

Lore & Stuff BelowASHFALL [THEME]

Over a century has passed since the world's cleansing in cinders and smoke, Ashfall, and the subsequent Great Apocalypses it brought about; the Winter Years, the Starvation, and the Chemical Wars.

Your nation, Sancta, consists of fortified cities (or "urbzones") that are connected by armored highways that stretch through the wastelands of the Gloom. Sancta is the bastion of what remains of Orthodox Humanity, or those who were unchanged by the Great Apocalypses. They are in the minority, as many people became mutants in the aftermath of the Chemical Wars, or "naturally" grew to have dramatically different appearances as they adapted to the Post-Ashfall environment, becoming "posthumans." For example, the Subterran posthumans have all gained aspects of albinism due to having survived for generations underground. Other varieties exist, all equally despised by the Sanctan regime.

Sancta has been ruled by the dictatorial Autumn Party for many years, although it wasn't always this way. Sancta had previously been controlled by the Old Guard, which was comprised of the remnants of the Pre-Ashfall government. The First Civil War, or Autumn Revolution began with the goal of overthrowing the corrupt Old Guard regime and allowing for food to be equitably distributed among all citizens. The uprising was successful, but ultimately resulted in establishing an even more repressive dictatorship. The newly-established Autumn Party slaughtered thousands of people in the aftermath of their victory, including mutants, protesters, academia, and the families of the Old Guard's leaders. Mercy was only shown to the Old Guard's surrendered military; although the high-ranking commanders were all purged, most of the regular soldiers were retrained and indoctrinated in the Autumn Party's ideology. Sancta's army needed rebuilding, after all.

The remnants of the Old Guard had retreated from the mainland to a secluded island known as Dominion, where they managed to hold out. Their rule grew to be more democratic as time went on, and they became known as the New Guard. Of course, nothing good lasts forever. By then, the Autumn Party had spent years rebuilding the Sanctan war machine, and eventually launched a massive invasion of Dominion Island to snuff out their sworn enemies for good. A victory for Autumn was achieved, despite abysmal casualties on both sides.

That was almost ten years ago. Still, many of the bombed-out buildings haven't been repaired, and occasionally people step on old landmines. Despite the ubiquity of orange flags and banners in the streets, many people long for a return to freedom. The military is on standby for a possible uprising, and dissidents are being ruthlessly hunted down by the Watchmen, the Autumn Party's death squads and secret police. You know that something is going to happen on Dominion soon. You aren't sure if a better life awaits in the Gloom. If escape is your choice, your only chance would be to find a patch of the Bloom, one of the revered areas where green, unmutated life has finally started to regrow. Fertile soil, trees, normal animals.

Whether you choose to fight or flee, it won't be easy. Just try not to take a policeman's baton to the head, or a soldier's bayonet to the gut... and definitely don't let the Watchmen take you alive.

Fn5TKlw.png

Female Sanctan Soldier [By Gingira]
SJcbhLC.png

Last edited:
I've been a fan of your DMed roleplays since that zombie apocalypse hosted project. Also, that lore appears quite intriguing. Count me interested.

Sounds real cool count me in (I tried to post a reply a second ago but I dont think it registered, so if there are two from me you know why)

Sounds interesting! If you'd like to game, PM me, and we'll see where it goes. ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back