• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 「 ✦ as sweet and lovely as sugar 」

dandandanii

✦ replying slowly(iДi)
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
1710629577113.png
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

sugar apple fairy tale roleplay

dani && nikoru

Attachments

• 1710629026189.png
    1710629026189.png
    192.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1710629325514.png
    1710629325514.png
    192.2 KB · Views: 5

Elizabeth
Despite Elizabeth’s young age - the blonde haired girl was quite mature. She hadn’t had much experience in the world - but with what she’s seen and witnessed, it had definitely opened her eyes to a few things. “Oh, wow, it's cold.” Shivering slightly from the chilly breeze, Elizabeth rubbed her small hands together in an attempt to warm herself up as she trailed across the barren path. She couldn’t blame herself though - when she’d left her home, the weather had been sunny, now it looked like a storm was brewing. Besides, the point of mini-adventures was to have fun, wasn’t it? “I’m… really cold,” Elizabeth mused to herself before letting out a defeated sigh. Attemtping to warm herself up, the young girl

She’d just have to make sure she got home safely, if she got sick it couldn’t be helped - it was just part of the adventure. This wasn’t the first time something like this had occurred, there was always some minor incident or accident that occurred. If she didn’t wander back covered in scratches and bruises, she was usually covered in dirt from all the climbing.

Walks were not unusual for Elizabeth, it added a spark of something to her life. Oftentimes she wandered away from home to explore and bask in the local scenery, however, she couldn’t wander too far or else she’d get lost. She'd had all sorts of various encounters, however, she always made sure to stay safe. These small walks were something Elizabeth thoroughly enjoyed. It was both a wonderful way to briefly escape the stresses of her everyday life, sometimes a moment of reprieve was needed. Additionally, it was a way to interact with the world around her. Elizabeth was quite curious about and willing to learn, and so by going on these walks it was a way to learn about herself and the world around her.

Eventually, she felt a drop of cold water hit her nose and she couldn’t help but gaze up at the gloomy sky. “Rain…?” She scrunched her nose in response. She didn’t want to get caught in the downpour, the last thing she wanted was to get drenched and fall ill. The blonde-haired girl frantically began to look around to find some form of shelter - only to spot an entrance to a cave. The sound of her feet running against the ground filled her ears as she sprinted her way in to her new found shelter. “This will be okay for now.” Letting out a sigh of relief, she turned around to smile gently at the rain. Compared to the brief moment she was out there - it began to fall much more heavier. That was close.

Heading deeper into the cave - she pressed a palm against the wall to guide her farther in. She'd been walking for a little while before a glint caught her eye. Curious, she made her way over to peer closer shining object. "Wow," Her warm eyes sparkled brightly at obsidian - resting on her knees, the young girl couldn't help but gaze at fondly, the stars in her eyes dancing with excitement. Unbeknownst to her, that gaze of hers would give life to a new fairy.

Last edited:

The shards of obsidian clattered to the ground as he gracefully took flight, his seemingly fragile wings fluttered as he hovered before the girl, studying the young girl's face with warm curiosity in his own eyes. As Elizabeth's eyes danced with delight over the obsidian, a magical energy began to swirl around the stone. Suddenly, a bright flash of light burst forth, and when it faded, a fairy emerged from the obsidian itself.

The fairy was an elegant man who had crystalline wings, his deep black hair cascading like the starless pitch black sky. His grayish-blue eyes looked tenderly at the awestruck girl. "Thank you for freeing me with your loving gaze," the fairy said in a melodic voice, kneeling to see her eye-to-eye. "I am Challe Fen Challe, an obsidian warrior fairy."

Challe could sense the powerful well of innocence and pure wonderment that resided within Elizabeth's heart. It was her emotional resonance that had allowed the fairy to be freed from his eternal slumber trapped within the obsidian stone, thus he felt an immediate kinship with this human child. He smiled radiantly at Elizabeth, his expression one of deep gratitude and joy. The fairy then began spinning and twirling exuberantly through the air in front of Elizabeth. His jet black hair and wings left streaks of stardust lingering in his wake. It was almost as if Challe was performing a dance of gratitude and celebration for his newfound life and freedom, pitter-patter of rain his music.

Looping around in one final spiral, Challe came to hover just inches from Elizabeth's face. The fairy's eyes shone with pure elation as he poked the tip of the girl's nose affectionately with his index finger. A warm, tingling sensation spread from that point of contact—Challe's way of sealing an eternal bond between them.

"What is your name, young lady?" he asked with a gentle voice, a stark contrast to the loud thunder heard outside the cave.

"WAKE UP!" the fairy hunter said, kicking the steel cage violently. Challe was used to his barbaric antics, so he didn't bat an eye and stayed in his trance-like state. He was sitting gracefully with his arms crossed, wanting to prolong the peace he experienced in his dreams...

But then he felt a sharp jolt of pain which forced his eyes open. He saw the damned fairy hunter together with a young girl who looked strangely familiar. He noticed that in the hunter's hand was a small leather bag which he clutched tightly in his hands. All he could do was shoot daggers using his sharp eyes, powerless since the old man was literally holding his life. His gaze then shifted to the blonde woman, who looked oddly familiar.

"Elizabeth...?"

Last edited:

Stella
Just as it was all those years ago upon Elizabeth and Challe’s first meeting, it was both raining and gloomy. Stella couldn’t help but frown slightly as she rubbed her bandaged hands together, they always did hurt more when the weather was cold. The blonde-haired girl was conflicted, traveling alone like this was not exactly ideal, she didn’t know how long and arduous the journey would be and the world around her wasn’t exactly safe. It was filled with danger and strife. Human’s betrayed each other, there was the never ending conflict between fairies and humans, and her? Stella had her own struggles. However, she wasn’t in the business of forcing others to work for her - especially fairies. Unlike the vast majority of human’s around her, Stella wasn’t fond of the way they were treated. Personally, if she could, she would rather befriend them, however, the blonde-haired girl realized that might be quite difficult given the distrust between human’s fairies. Despite that she truly believed that they deserve their freedom and rights to live just as humans did. Whenever she’d witness the abuse of fairies, her heart broke, while she did her best to do what she could do, Stella was only one of the few who thought differently from the norm.

Still, it was curiosity that brought her to this fairy hunter. She wasn’t sure what she would do given her stance revolving around the relations between humans and fairies… but just taking a peek didn’t hurt, did it?

“So, what are you looking for?” The man inquired - knocking Stella out of her thoughts.

What am I looking for…?” She repeated, what an odd question to be asked, truthfully, she’d never thought she’d be the type of person to be asked that question. “Well,” Stella began hesitantly, “...do you have anyone that can fight?” The fairy hunter nodded in confirmation before signaling for her to follow him deeper into the business and towards a cage that held a slumbering fairy.

Stella was startled at the fairy hunter’s next set of actions, an outburst, followed by him kicking the steel cage violently. “Hey,” She began softly, her blue eyes were wide with shock at the man’s abhorrent actions and a frown now graced her lips. “Please, there’s no need for that.” Her tone was a sharp contrast compared to the man’s own, her voice was gentle, even as she admonished the man’s actions.

Her gaze then turned to the fairy that was located on the other side of the cage, this was a warrior fairy? One look at his elegant appearance at him would make anyone think otherwise and confuse him for a companion fairy.

One who completely ignored the demands of the fairy hunter.

Stella’s once sparkling blue eyes now filled with worry as the fairy hunter decided to take drastic measures and squeezed Challe’s wing, causing the warrior to force his eyes open. “Please, stop, there’s really no need to do that, you don’t have to do that!” The cry in her voice was filled with genuine worry. She had half a mind to snatch the small bag from him, but the fear of possibly hurting Challe more was what stopped her.

“Elizabeth?” Stella was confused at the name, was that someone important to him? Was he stolen from someone important to him? Naturally, she was curious and had a lot of questions - but there was one thing she had to highlight, that she was not Elizabeth. “I apologize, warrior fairy. I-I’m not sure who Elizabeth is, but that’s not me, I’m Stella.”

Maybe it was an impulsive decision on her end, maybe it was because her emotions were heightened from the cruelty of witnessing the fairy hunter’s actions, maybe it was the fact that she couldn’t bear to see someone in pain right in front of her. Regardless, if Challe was a fairy or not, she couldn’t just ignore it. Challe deserved better than this. While Stella could use the protection that a warrior fairy could provide for her, Challe’s freedom was far more important than her own needs.

Taking in a deep breath and a beat to calm her inner rage, she turned to the fairy hunter after making her decision. “Listen, that’s enough, fairy hunter. I’ll pay,” The price had already been discussed beforehand, all that was left to do was pay. Stella dug into her coin pouch to pull out the required amount of money owed before promptly shoving it in his hand, she then indignantly held out her own for the fairy hunter to hand over Challe’s wing. “...I believe you can hand over the wing now.”

She really just wanted to get out of this gross establishment as soon as possible.

"Heh! He's your problem now!" the fairy hunter cajoled as he threw the small leather bag at the blonde girl. Challe's eyes narrowed as the fairy hunter greedily accepted Stella's money in exchange for his precious wing. The injustice of having his freedom bargained away like some cheap commodity seared through him like a hot blade, yet his gaze remained sharp and calculating.

In a blur of motion, Challe summoned a gleaming obsidian sword and with a powerful swing, slashed through the steel bars of his cage and the fetters that kept him. The fairy burst free, his lone wing extending to its full majestic span. It had been a while since he got a chance to stretch like this after being imprisoned for so long, thus his crystalline wing fluttered involuntarily as if removing the cobwebs from something unused for long.

He glared defiantly at the young lady, seeing that she only looked like Elizabeth. Being a fairy was a curse, since they were forced to live hundreds of years as slaves of humans just because they can easily chop their wing. Not only that, they were forced to do things against their will... and for Challe, he had a fair share of unspeakable horrors that he did in order to survive. When he realized the innate cruelty of mankind based from experience, he vowed never to trust them again.

"I do not understand why you are being too kind... But be careful with who you trust," Challe warned rang with righteous fury.

Being a fairy owner meant that you are legally responsible for the damages that the the fairy did, and that's why the hunter opened up his palm to demand for more. "You need to pay for that, young lady, or else you'd pay—"

With a swift move, Challe pointed the sword at the vile person. "Are you threatening my master?" he asked coldly, the blade of his sword just a few centimeters before it could slice the hunter's throat. His adam's apple just bobbed when he gulped, internally panicking of how the winds quickly shifted. Earlier, Challe's life was at his mercy because he had his wing, but now it is Challe who could decide for his life with his sword-wielding hand.

Last edited:

Stella
As the fairy hunter threw the small leather bag at her, Stella gently caught it. She was mindful not to hold onto it too tightly, Challe's wing was in there and she didn’t want to accidentally cause him any pain. Her gaze then tore from the small bag and towards Challe as he slashed through the steel bars of his cage and the fetters that kept him. “O-Oh.”

Well, she shouldn’t be too surprised, he was a warrior fairy after all. She’d remained silent as he stretched his lone wing. It must have been unpleasant being stuck in there for who knows how long. How long had he been in there?

As she caught his glare, Stella gave him a nervous smile. She wasn’t surprised, really. If there is anything she learned from the world - it’s that the relationship between fairies and humans were complicated. She couldn’t imagine what Challe had to endure to survive, or anything he was made to do. He was at the mercy of whatever human that had a hold of his wing. It didn’t help that fairies had long lives.

A cruel fate.

As far as she was concerned his hate for humans was justified. They were terrible and cruel, not only to fairies, but to their own kind as well.

“I don’t think… there is nothing wrong with being kind.” Stella responded softly - not missing the tone in Challe’s voice. “I think in the world we live in everyone deserves kindness both humans and fairies alike. I know you likely don’t think highly of me but that is how I feel.” Even if Challe cursed her to her grave, she would continue to face him kindness and a smile.

Before she could respond to the fairy hunter’s ridiculous request - Challe had already taken matters into his own hands; his sword pointing dangerously close to the man’s throat. “M-Master?!” She stammered - a tint of red dusting her cheeks. “... J-Just Stella is fine, p-please.”

Honestly, as much as a part of her believed that the fairy hunter deserved to face some sort of justice for his horrid actions, if he died here it would not change ... much, at least in the grand scheme of things, and Challe? He would have stained his hands red for no reason. She wasn’t sure what kind of consequences that would bring for him, but she had to step in before the situation continued to spiral downwards.

“H-Hey, uhm,” She wasn’t sure how to address Challe since his name was unknown to her. ”Mr. Warrior Fairy?” She moved to stand in front of the sharp end of his blade, the edge of it pointing dangerous at her neck, “Listen, I can’t claim to understand what you’ve gone through, it must have been painful for you all these years - but I promise to give you back your wing as soon as we leave this place. So, let’s get going, please? Stella pleaded with him - her shimmering blue hues locking with Challe’s own gaze.

She really wanted to get out of this place.

Last edited:

It all happened like a blur...

The intensity of Challe's attacks shook the very foundations of the lair, shattering cages and burying the vile fairy hunter under a pile of debris. He protected the blonde girl, but spared no mercy at their other companion. As the dust settled, the warrior fairy hovered amidst the rubble, eyes cold and expression hardened. He turned his steely gaze towards the trapped hunter, raising his sword as if to decapitate him here and now. But he purposefully missed his head for a few inches, making the poor fairy hunter piss himself.

Challe's melodic voice dripped with barely contained fury. "Be thankful this human displayed more mercy than you deserve. For if it were my choice, I would reduce you to bits. Do not dare to show your face to me ever again." With a flick of his wrist, the sword disappeared into thin air.

The fairy whirled towards Stella, his dark eyes still burning with righteous anger though his manner was clipped and all business. "You have freed me from that place..."

Without waiting for a response, Challe seized Stella's arm and walked past the shattered wall, his wing leaving a glittering trail in their wake. Within moments, they emerged outside into the warm sunlight. Releasing his grasp, Challe stood tall before the bewildered Stella with his arms crossed over his chest. "Now, explain yourself fully before I determine what is to be done with you."

"You bought my freedom, paying that loathsome hunter for my wing."
Challe waved dismissively. "I care not for such frivolous human transactions. But you promised to give me back my wing... tell me, human, what it is that you want?"

Though his tone was harsh, the warrior fairy made no overtly threatening moves. He simply watched her with an intensity and wariness befitting one who had so recently been cruelly imprisoned. With a subtle ripple of his wing, Challe crossed his arms once more, his expression impassive yet unyielding as he awaited her explanation. One way or another, he would discern the truth of her motivations.

Last edited:

Stella
Before Stella could comprehend what just happened, Challe had seized her arm, the duo left the dark lair, leaving both the fairy hunter and his establishment behind. As they stepped outside, Stella raised a hand out of reflex to block out the sudden, startling, ray of light as her eyes adjusted to the world around her. As Challe released his grasp on her arm, her attention returned to the dark-haired fairy.

Stella remained silent as she mused over Challe’s words. “I did promise to give you your wing back, after all, it’s rightfully yours and no one else’s. But, please don’t mistake my kindness for a loan. I know it might seem odd but.. I don’t want anything from you. I don’t think there’s much to explain, that’s just who I am.” With both her hands, she held out the small leather bag that contained his wing for him to take. “I know you’ve likely dealt with horrible humans, and I know that my view might seem odd compared to what is considered normal nowadays… but I’m being honest when I say I don’t agree with the way fairies are treated.”

Truthfully, she would have liked it if Challe stuck around, if anything because traveling alone like this was dangerous and she wasn’t exactly someone who excelled in fighting. But if she held onto his wing and forced him along, how would that be any different than his previous situations? She’d be just the same as those humans who owned fairies. To never have the option to make choices for yourself, that was not a way to live. If Challe stayed she’d prefer if it was his choice and that they could be friends. Stella knew she couldn’t be selfish, yet she also knew she wasn’t the type to go against her own views or moral’s for own benefit.

“...Please, be careful Mr. Warrior Fairy. I’d hate to see you enslaved by another human again.” After all, there was a high possibility that the next human could be just as terrible as the rest, maybe even more so. That and there was no promise that Stella would be able to get his wing back or give him his freedom a second time.

Challe regarded Stella stoically as she explained her motivations, his obsidian eyes remaining unreadable. When she presented his wing back to him in the leather pouch, the warrior fairy's gaze flickered ever so briefly with surprise. Taking the pouch reverently, Challe opened it to reveal his precious wing—the iridescent blue wing still carrying a vibrant luster despite its mistreatment. Challe closed his eyes and allowed the warm sunlight to wash over him, basking in the simple joy of his regained freedom... a look of peace came over his handsome features.

When he opened his eyes once more, some of the hardness had faded, replaced by a measured calm. The warrior fairy dipped his head respectfully towards Stella as a form of gratitude.

"You speak with a sincere heart unburdened by artifice or falsehoods, human... but kindness like that has no place in this cruel world," he said, not masking the foreboding tone in his voice.

Challe's eyes lowered so he could meet the young woman's gaze. Though his tone remained somber, a hint of a smile played across his lips. "I have indeed dealt with the cruelties of humankind far too often in my long centuries. It is... a welcome respite to encounter someone like you."

Memories of Elizabeth came flooding back, and the obsidian fairy knew that his presence might do more harm if he remained together with Stella. After all, warrior fairies were highly coveted for their battle prowess.

"But I am afraid that this is where we part ways. I will never be enslaved again, not by anyone, even you," the fairy said, his voice returning cold once again. "Thank you."

And just like that, he left the defenseless woman alone, unaware of the tragedy that would befall her.

The fairy hunter's face twisted with rage as he surveyed the devastation Challe had wrought upon his lair. Snarling, he yanked a tarnished whistle from his tattered cloak and blew three shrill blasts. It wasn't long before the scrape of boots began echoing, and three thuggish human mercenaries arrived.

"That damn fairy has turned against us!"
The lead hunter's voice was a guttural growl. "He is with a human girl who bought his freedom. They cannot be allowed to roam free. A young woman, blonde hair, blue eyes. Possibly still in the vicinity. Find them and bring the girl to me...unharmed if possible."

His beady eyes narrowed with undisguised malice. "As for the fairy...shred those wing of his! Make his death agonizing!"

The mercenaries licked their chops with cruel enthusiasm at the prospect of such wanton cruelty. With a chorus of sadistic hoots and hollers, they fanned out—merciless hunters tracking their prey. Though the fairy hunter commanded no magical abilities himself, his men were ruthless and driven by greed, stopping at nothing to claim their quarry. No matter where Stella fled, the ominous pursuit would relentlessly close in.

If Challe wasn't there to intervene, there would be no one to protect the kindhearted young woman from the depravities these men were willing to inflict. Vengeance was the fairy hunter's sole desire, and he would sacrifice anything to achieve it.

Stella
Stella’s expression softened as she watched Challe close his eyes as a look of peace washed over his features. It was a sharp contrast when compared to the cold look he had been carrying before, feeling a bit flustered, the blonde-haired girl glanced away before regaining her composure.

“I…” She wasn’t sure how to respond to his words. “You’re right, the world is creul,” She affirmed softly. “But forgive me, Mr. Warrior Fairy, I… I don’t agree with the fact that kindness doesn’t have a place in it. ” Her mind wandered back to her mother. She was an integral person in Stella’s life who had a major influence on her. Additionally, she was the main reason why Stella was the way she was, and the reason she held the ideals and values she believed in. “There are people who chose not to be kind, and that is their choice, but… then there are also people who choose to be kind in a cruel world.”

As Stella met Challe’s gaze - she couldn't help but blink owlishly at his words. “I… well,” She stammered at a loss for words, “There are a few humans who share the same views as me but… they’re hard to find. ” Looking for a needle in a haystack, really.

“I… understand.” It was a bit saddening to hear that Challe chose to not stay. However, it was something Stella had already accepted when she both gave him the choice and returned his wing to him. This was a decision that he made for himself and that was all she could ask for. “There’s no need to thank me.” Stella fervently shook her head in denial, “I…I haven’t done anything worthy of your thanks. But, please be careful out there. Mr. Warrior Fairy. Goodbye and…even if our meeting was brief, I’m glad we met.” Stella remained silent as she watched Challe walk off and out of her sight, unaware of the danger lurking in the shadows.

“Boss, psst. I think that’s her.” There was a young girl with blonde-hair and blue-eyes who was not located far from the fairy hunter’s location; though there was no fairy in sight to be found. “You’re right, well, let’s go meet our new friend, shall we?” With that cue the group of mercenaries made their way to confront Stella.

After Challe had walked off - Stella turned on her heels and began to walk off in her own direction while musing on her next set of actions.Hm.She tilted her to the sky to see if she had enough time to head to her next destination, if not perhaps it was safer to find lodgings for the night instead. As she continued onwards, a sudden trio of mercenaries appeared in front of her and blocked her path.

Tilting her head, Stella looked at them perplexed. Did they want something…? One glance at them was enough for her to tell that these men were up to no good and put her on edge. She couldn’t help but frown at the sinking feeling in her stomach.

“Where is the fairy’s wing?” One man stepped forward, a dangerous glint in his eyes, there were no pleasantries involved here and they didn’t bother skipping around the bush. “You have it on you, don’t you? Hand it over!”

Fairy’s wing? Were they talking about the warrior fairy she’d just freed?

Stella remained silent, trying to figure out how to reply, she didn’t want to put Challe in any unnecessary danger. “I… have no idea what you’re talking about. I don’t have a wing on me.” She wasn’t lying but it wasn’t the entire truth of it either, however, her response wasn't what they were looking for and only aggravated the trio.

The trio looked at each before letting out an incredulous laugh, it was clear they didn’t believe Stella’s words. “Cute.” The one who stepped forward pointed his sword dangerously in blonde’s direction. “Now where is the wing, if you value your life you’ll hand it over ... and then you’ll come with us.” After all. their instructions had been to dispose of Challe and bring the girl back.

“That’s… something I can’t do,” And even if she did have the wing - why would she hand it over? If the danger signals weren’t going off before, they were now. Stella had a feeling that these men were not joking around, and whatever intentions they had for Challe’s wing or herself were not good.

Taking a step back, she moved to turn around and flee, but one of the men lurched forward and roughly grabbed Stella’s wrist in a bruising grip, preventing her escape Her hands were already injured and in pain most days but this only intensified and added to that. Hissing in pain, Stella tried to pull her hand away - only for him to tighten his already painful hold, the pain was dizzying and making her head spin. With how he was holding - it was sure to leave some bruises behind.

“Let go! It was pure adrenaline that hit her when Stella firmly kicked the man in the knee, causing him to loosen his grip enough for Stella to break free to turn around to try and make a run for it. She wasn’t able to get far when she felt one of the other mercenaries roughly grasp her blonde strands of hair before slamming the back of her head into a tree and knocking the wind out of her.

Feeling her breath leave her body for a moment, Stella inhaled sharply, coughing, as her body was desperate for the air that it’d had momentarily lost. She could feel something warm and sticky dripping down the back of her neck. The blood from the impact and fresh head injury mixing with the blonde strands of her hair, and staining it a crimson red. As her blurry vision cleared up and return to focus, her eyes widened in fear at the trio of mercenaries that now eerily stood before her - cutting off any route of escape. A pained whimper passed her lips at the throbbing and pounding pain at the back of her head. Gently pressing a hand to the back of her hand, she pulled back to see her bandages soaked in blood. This, (combined with everything else) was enough to send the girl spiraling into a panicked fear, her hands trembling.

“We’ll ask you again,” The man warned as she felt the cool metal blade pressed against her skin. Despite how close he was, to Stella, his voice felt like it was miles away. ”...Where is the fairy’s wing?”

"Please, stop, isn't this enough...? I've already told you!"

Last edited:

Challe walked through the vibrant green forest, wishing to stay away from humanity who kept him captivity due to his nature as warrior fairy. The invigorating scents of wildflowers and loamy earth filled his senses as he basked in the radiance of newfound freedom. And yet...unease gnawed at the warrior fairy's mind.

Memories of Stella's kindness and the purity shining in her eyes rose unbidden. Challe remembered the gentle compassion with which she had freed him from imprisonment without asking for anything in return. Slowing down, Challe came to rest on a moss-covered branch as self-doubts took root. Had he been too rash in leaving the noble human to fend for herself? Too jaded by centuries of torment at cruel hands to fully trust her sincerity?

"There are also people who choose to be kind in a cruel world..." he murmured, recalling Stella's words. "Nonsense."

What if the fairy hunters were even now closing their vicious clutches around her by way of vengeance?

A surge of protectiveness he did not expect welled within Challe's chest. Though their meeting had been fleeting, Stella had stirred something long dormant—the essence of innocent wonderment that had originally brought him into being. He remembered Elizabeth.

Her goodness in the face of a merciless uncaring world was something precious to be shielded, no matter the cost. To abandon her like how he failed Elizabeth... it felt wrong to the warrior fairy's core. With a determined look to his handsome features, Challe spun around to the direction he had come.

"Forgive me, human," the fairy whispered to himself, "I will not abandon you like I did to her."

Challe's deadly obsidian sword seemed to thrum with inner light as he soared with increasing urgency. If those vile hunters had so much as laid a wicked finger upon Stella's person, they would face the implacable wrath of a warrior fairy's cold fury. The depths of the evil which lurked in humanity would not be allowed to extinguish Stella's valiant light. He will do something that he was unable to do back then.

Not while he still drew breath.

Challe's senses led him directly to the terrifying scene—Stella surrounded by three brutal mercenaries wielding vicious blades. His obsidian eyes widened in horror as one of the men pressed his sword against the young woman's skin while she trembled, clearly injured and overwhelmed by their cruelty. A primal snarl of fury ripped from Challe's throat as he erupted through the canopy in an obsidian streak. In the blink of an eye, his legendary sword materialized in his hands, the volcanic glass blade pulsing with magical energy.

"Unhand her!" The warrior fairy's melodic voice shook the very trees as he dive-bombed the lead mercenary.

The man barely had time to turn before Challe's sword carved a brutal gash across his face. He reeled back with a bloodcurdling scream, temporarily blinded as searing agony lanced through him. Not wasting a moment, Challe wheeled and parried the wild slashes of the other two mercenaries, their blades clanging uselessly against his ethereal blade. With dizzying speed and grace, the fairy unleashed a punishing flurry of counterstrikes, driving the men back.

One mercenary suddenly seized Stella from behind in a hostage grip, his jagged knife pressed against her slender throat. "Stand down, fairy!" he snarled, desperation in his crazed eyes.

Challe froze, his furious gaze locked on the villain threatening his newfound friend's life. It was only then he truly saw the damage wrought—Stella battered and terrified, rivulets of blood seeping from fresh wounds. His wing twitched because of his anger, Challe unleashed his attack with a sword. The mercenary restraining Stella shrieked in sudden blinding agony as the blade lacerated his face and eyes in his own blood.

His grip faltered just long enough for Challe to surge forward and smash the pommel of his sword against the man's skull with crushing force. He crumpled instantly, leaving Stella swaying but unharmed. In the span of a few heartbeats, the two remaining mercenaries fled screaming like terrified children into the forest, their bravado shattered.

The fury in the fairy's dark eyes dimmed as he gently cradled Stella's face, using his thumbs to wipe the traces of blood from her cheeks.

"I am sorry I abandoned you," Challe's voice was heavy with remorse, from Elizabeth's death to Stella's injuries.

Then, he clasped her hand tenderly with his own.With the brutal mercenaries routed, Challe wasted no time in tending to Stella's injuries. Though their enemies were gone, the danger was far from over.

"We must seek proper medicine and rest for you to fully recover," he said, his voice a gentle murmur compared to the thunderous fury he had unleashed upon her attackers.

Too dazed and shaken to argue, Stella could only nod meekly as Challe wrapped his strong arms around her to a princess scary. Cradling her protectively, the warrior fairy walked to the nearest town he knew. It was not long before the quaint thatched rooftops of the village came into view. Challe descended cautiously at the outskirts. He approached the first humble inn he saw, an ancient gnarled oak framing its entrance.

The moment the fairy and his wounded charge stepped inside, they were greeted by a hostile bark from the grizzled innkeeper.

"We don't serve your kind here, so scram!" The scrawny man's perpetual scowl deepened as he took in Challe's lustrous obsidian appearance.

Anger flashed in the fairy's dark eyes, but he swiftly mastered himself for Stella's sake—now was not the time for conflict. "I mean no harm, human," he replied, masking the annoyance he had.

The innkeeper's beady eyes narrowed further as they fell upon Stella's battered form. For a moment, greed appeared to war with his innate prejudice against all fairy-kind. Before he could refuse them again, a wizened voice rang out warmly from a nearby doorway.

"Is that your inhospitality I hear, Erik? No wonder why we do not have customers."

An elderly human emerged—a thin, bent figure clad in humble brown robes. Despite his age, his eyes shone with kindness and intelligence as they took in the strange pair.

"Oh my..." The old man's bushy eyebrows shot up in surprise at seeing Challe's bloody companion.

"My companion requires urgent healing after being set upon by bandits in the wood. Help her."

The aged one considered them for a moment, then nodded sagely. "Of course, of course." With surprising swiftness for his apparent frailty, he crossed the room and gently took Stella into his care.

"You've suffered greatly, child, but you're safe now," he murmured soothingly, shooting the still bristling innkeeper a reproachful glance. "Erik, see to it they have access to my personal chambers to rest and heal. Or need I find new employment for your dusty manners?"

After a tense moment, the cowed innkeeper silently motioned for Challe to follow. Falling in step beside the elderly man bearing Stella, the fairy could not help but feel a surge of gratitude and relief.

Last edited:

Stella was terrified. Not only was she surrounded by this group of thugs, but with the blade pressed against her throat she could feel her life flash before her eyes. What could she do in this situation?

What was there to do?

Squeezing her eyes shut, Stella desperately wracked her brain to try and find some semblance of escape, but that pounding and unbearable pain in the back of her head was making it difficult to even just stay awake. She was teetering between passing out and staying awake.

"Unhand her!"

The sudden voice of the warrior fairy caught her off-guard, her eyes snapping open towards the direction she had heard it from. Before the man could even react, Challe’s blade had carved a gash across his face, it was difficult to keep up with the speed of battle as he continued to wheel and parry the various slashes the mercenaries threw at him with ease. Despite her injuries, she couldn’t help but gaze at him with worry, pleading silently for him to stay safe.

She was caught off guard when one of the mercenaries suddenly came up behind her and seized her in a hostage grip in an attempt to dissuade Challe, Stella hissed in pain, the man’s rough actions only adding to the intensity of her pain. “Mr. Warrior Fairy,” She whimpered in both fear and pain.

Stella flinched when the man suddenly shrieked his voice filled with agony as Challe’s blade lacerated his face. He then surged forward and smash the pommel of his sword against the man's skull, causing him to crumple. Startled - Stella stumbled forward from the man’s now non-existent grasp. She remained silent as the other two mercenaries fled for their lives.

She was still trembling as Challe gently cradled her face, locking eyes with the warrior fairy. As she felt his thumbs wipe the traces of blood from her cheeks, her eyes widened at the tender action. Stella’s shimmering blue eyes pooled with tears of relief now that those mercenaries were gone. “... Y-You came back?” Truthfully, she wasn’t expecting for anyone to come to her rescue, nor had she expected to see him again. Please, y-you didn’t abandon me.” After all, she’d given him a choice. “It’s… important to me that you can make your decision. That’s…w-what it means to be free. In her eyes - she didn’t feel that he had abandoned her, rather he'd made a choice. “I.. just thank you for coming back, I was so scared…” She whispered, her voice both tired and broken.

The blonde-haired girl blinked when he clasped her hand tenderly with his own, feeling a small dust of pink hit her cheeks. “Yes, you're right.” With the state she was in, she needed at least a few days of rest and to treat her injuries, traveling in this state would be both dangerous and reckless. She was still shaken up by everything but now the exhaustion was hitting as well, standing on her own two feet felt impossible.

A sound of surprise escaped Stella’s lips as Challe wrapped his arms around her in a princess carry. “...Mr. Warrior Fairy?” She found herself relaxing in his protective hold. “...Thank you.” Stella whispered, she blinked trying to fight off the exhaustion. However, between her injuries and Challe’s warmth, she found herself drifting off to a weary but restful slumber.

We don't serve your kind here, so scram!

Stella’s brows furrowed at the booming voice, her eyes slowly fluttered open. The sleepy-girl blinked a few times as she tried to clear up her vision, curious, she glanced around at her sudden change of environment before gazing up at Challe to silently inquire about what was going on.

Perhaps, if Stella had been more aware, she would have been offended by Erik’s treatment of Challe.

After a bit of conversation, an elderly but welcoming human emerged. “My name is Alfred, please disregard Erik’s… behavior. He’s had some altercations in the past.” Alfred was quick to agree to help them, before instructing Erik to lead them and give them access to his personal chambers for rest and treatment.

Once everyone had entered the room Alfred’s kind voice filled the air. “Please, sit up on the bed, child. I’ll treat your injuries.” Alfred instructed Stella before gazing at Challe, “You’re welcome to stay and rest as well. Erik, no need to be here, the front desk is your job.” There’s a possibility that more guests would arrive and if Alfred was busy tending to Stella - there was no one to help any new guests that dropped by, with that the innkeeper was dismissed.

Leaving the room, Alfred returned with various medicinal supplies as well as a bucket filled with clean water. “Let’s see here,” He frowned, turning to the back of Stella’s head to examine the bleeding injury there. “Ah, that’s quite the head injury you have there.” He mumbled brows furrowed in concern. Alfred moved to clean the blood in Stella’s hair, specifically that around her head injury, and then the injury itself. The blond-haired girl bit down on her tongue from the dizzying pain, though it didn’t stop the small tears that filled the corner of her eyes as well. “Yes. yes, my dear, I know it hurts but it’s almost done.” With those words, Alfred disinfected the injury before covering the area with some gauze and then wrapping bandages around her head, ensuring they were secure and snug.

Once that was taken care of, Alfred moved to take care of Stella’s hands. “Your hands…?” He questioned, eyes narrowing at the skin through blonde’s tattered bandages that were soaked in blood.

“...Please, don’t ask.” Her hands were the primary reason for this journey and it wasn’t a topic she preferred to delve into, at least not now.

“I understand,” Alred nodded emphatically, not asking anymore of the girl. He then treated her hands with tender care before wrapping her hands in bandages from the knuckles to the wrist, similar to how they had been before. However, there was no missing the fresh and dark set of bruises that the mercenaries left behind. A dark yet clear reminder, Finally, Alfred moved to treat Stella’s more minor injuries with small plasters of bandage and then checking her over one last time. “I believe that is all I can do for you, now you must rest. We have a bath that you may use at your own leisure and I will inform you whenever dinner is ready. If you have any more pain let me know, I am sure I can secure some medication.” With those words, Alfred grabbed the bucket of water, and his medicinal supplies before leaving the room.

Stella let out an exhausted sigh before her gaze turned to Challe, “I…” Her voice cracked slightly before trying again, “Mr. Warrior Fairy… are you hurt? And what will you do from here?” Stella questioned hesitantly, after all he had the option to... leave. “Also, thank you for everything.” She did her best to give him one of her usual smiles but it was weaker than usual. The young woman was grateful for everything Challe had done for her so far, she was thankful for him both saving her life and bringing her here.

Last edited:

Challe watched silently as the kind innkeeper Alfred treated Stella's injuries with a gentleness he didn't expect from a human. Once Alfred had finished and left them alone, the warrior fairy's usual arrogant demeanor seemed to fade slightly.

"Are you all right now?" Challe said, turning to face her with an uncharacteristically humbled expression, seeing her hurt. "I did not..." He paused, almost seeming uncertain before continuing. "I could not simply abandon you to those brutes."

Striding over to the bed, he knelt down so they were at eye level. His intense cat-like gaze was steadier, lacking its usual condescending edge.

"I have not always treated you with the respect you deserve," he admitted. "From the moment you freed me, you have given me a choice—something so few humans seem to understand about my kind."

Challe looked almost pained for a moment before regaining his composure. "I criticized you harshly at first, but you have proven yourself worthy of far more than to be dismissed as just another foolish human."

Reaching out, he gently grasped her bandaged hand, being careful not to hurt her injuries. His wing gave a small flutter, shimmering in the low light. "So rest now, regain your strength. I will remain at your side for now to ensure no further harm comes to you."

Rising again, Challe took up a protective stance near the window. His features had settled back into their usual neutral proud lines. But there was a newfound sincerity and determination burning in his eyes as he stood vigil over Stella.

“Thank you, Alfred.” Stella gave the kind-hearted man a warm smile, as he left the room. She was truly grateful for all the kindness that he’d shown her thus far. Her attention then turned to Challe’s question, I’m okay now! My head still hurts a little bit,” She admitted softly. Her hands also hurt, though that was not something out of the ordinary, her body did feel a bit sore, never mind the bruising. “The worst has passed so it’s just rest from here.” Her bright demeanor was starting to return, the fear had mostly disappeared but the exhaustion was heavily present.

“I understand, thank you. I … was really scared and wasn’t sure what to do. I’m really grateful that you made that decision.” She’d have to find a proper way to show her gratitude to Challe, Stella didn’t feel that words were enough. “But there’s something that bothers me, they wanted your wing but how…” How did they know that she’d been the one to pay for Challe’s wing? It hadn’t been very long since she'd left the fairy hunter's establishment. She really felt like she was missing a piece of the puzzle here.

“Hm?” The blonde curiously tilted her head as Challe strided over to the bed and knelt down so that they were eye level. “Mr. Warrior Fairy?” She questioned softly - her blue eyes meeting his cat-like gaze.

Her eyes widened in surprise at Challe’s words, but the bright smile on her lips could light up an entire room. “To… be honest, I’ve never had anyone say that to me so I’m… not sure how to respond.” She felt herself growing bashful when he gently grasped her hand, her cheeks and the tip of ears burning a fervent red. “But, that makes me happy to hear.” Glancing down at their hands she spoke once more. “I think the way you’re feeling is justified. Fairies have known nothing but pain and suffering at the hands of humans, you all live for a very long time too. I don’t hold anything against you for the way you treated me, after all, I’m human just like the rest of them.” She took a moment to pause before continuing - her gaze still fixated on his warm grasp. “I hope … you see that I don't think the same way as them. And…”

Stella trailed off before lifting her head up to meet his gaze. “I don’t regret the choice I’ve made.” Even if she were to be put in the same scenario again she wouldn’t change her mind, nor the decisions she made. “It’s selfish of me to say but I’m glad we were able to meet. I’m only one person but even if I can give even one fairy their freedom back…” If anything - she doubted the next human would have given Challe his wing back.

Upon his instructions to rest, she nodded her head. “Okay, thank you. I’ll make sure to rest … I appreciate it a lot.” Knowing that he was watching over her while she slept made her feel safer. Leaving her shoes on the side, Stella laid down on her back before pulling the covers over herself, it didn’t take long for the girl to pass out from sheer exhaustion.

The next time Stella awoke, the golden rays of evening sun were peaking through the windows. "Mhm?" She sat up on the bed with a tired yawn, her hair a bit messy and tousled from all that tossing and turning. As she rubbed her eyes to try and clear the sleep away - her blue hues swept across the room to land on Challe. Stella could feel her body relax when her sleepy gaze landed on the dark-haired warrior fairy. ".... I slept for a long time." She muttered sleepily. Although, she was still half-asleep, she was feeling much more vigorous compared to before.

Challe's lips tightened into a thin line as Stella admitted she was still in pain from her injuries. Seeing the human girl so battered caused his eyes to narrow minutely in displeasure. She didn't even do anything, it was just him that they should be chasing after because he was the one who was capable of taking them on. Maybe there were people who wished her dead, but given the kind demeanor she exhibited thus far, the obsidian fairy just could not find a reason why she would be a target.

"Do not underestimate your condition," he stated flatly.

When she expressed gratitude for his intervention, the fairy warrior remained rigid and responded with a curt nod. "I simply did what I thought was right at that moment," he replied in a clipped tone. "Nothing more."

However, as Stella began questioning how the mercenaries knew of her connection to his severed wing, Challe's jaw clenched almost imperceptibly. He averted his gaze, something akin to discomfort flickering across his chiseled features. He remembered the years he spent inside that cage, and people knowing that he was a dangerous fairy meant that no one desired to buy him. He felt his jaw clench as he remembered the inhumane treatment of the greedy fairy hunter.

"The fairy hunter must be the one responsible for it," he muttered after a tense pause.

As Stella expressed her surprise, Challe regarded her with an inscrutable look, not reacting to her flustered state. "You have earned such regard through your integrity, human," he stated stoically.

His expression remained impassive as she stammered out her appreciation, not reacting to her blushes or stammers beyond giving her an icy stare—cold, but not piercing. The warrior fairy rose lithely to his feet once more, his movements precise and nimble for someone his stature.

As Stella settled back to sleep, Challe resumed his vigilant sentry without a sound. He kept an imposing, motionless watch over her through the night. It was only when Stella awoke much later that the fairy finally stirred, turning his intense cat-like gaze upon her. There was no hint of a smile or warmth in his expression as he studied her tousled state, his face remained an unreadable mask until they heard a harsh knock on the wooden door.

Then, it swung open without invitation. Erik entered with a tray of food, his expression set in a resentful scowl as he took in Challe's presence.

"Got some grub for the injured girl," Erik grunted, barely sparing Stella a glance as he set the tray down on a small table with a clatter. "Though I don't know why we're wasting our hospitality on the likes of you after what happened last time."

His eyes settled on Challe with unveiled disdain and hostility. The warrior fairy met the man's gaze, saying nothing but allowing his hand to rest prominently on the pommel of his obsidian sword. He was ready to strike if this innkeeper made a single mistake of laying a finger on the blonde girl.

"Tch, didn't realize we were putting up more of your kind after that pink warrior fairy caused so much trouble before," Erik groused under his breath, straightening up to glare balefully at Challe. "You freaks just invite danger wherever you go."

Challe remained motionless and silent, though a muscle ticked faintly in his jaw at the blatant insult. Stella opened her mouth as if to protest Erik's rude treatment, but the fairy cut her off with a subtle shake of his head.

"What's the matter? Cat got that forked tongue of yours?" Erik taunted with a sneer. "Or are you just too much of a coward to talk back with that bitch around?"

In a blur of movement, Challe had the man slammed up against the wall with his obsidian blade leveled at Erik's throat. His handsome features were contorted into a mask of barely contained fury.

"You try my patience gravely," the warrior fairy hissed in a voice of forced calm.

Erik just gurgled out a choked sound of fear, all bravado vanishing as he stared into Challe's blazing eyes. He held the innkeeper pinned, his singular wing flared out in his display of aggression. The fairy pressed his blade in a hairsbreadth closer in warning.

"Speak ill of her in my presence, and you'll lose more than just your tongue," Challe snarled in a deadly tone.

"I'M SORRY! I JUST—" the poor inkeeper pleaded. "PLEASE, NOT AGAIN!!"

The obsidian fairy was shocked, releasing him with a contemptuous shove. "What do you mean not again?"

Erik took shallow breaths as he coughed, shaking. "Three weeks ago, there was a sugarcrafter with a fairy. A-At first, I thought that she was just a companion fairy and they were spending the night here to indulge the old man's fantasies... but... when I accidentally spilled coffee on him... the fairy shoved me into the wall and threatened my life..."

“I-I won’t, promise.” She nodded her head fervently - Stella knew that more than anyone else that she should rest. “I know but… I’m still grateful.” Challe really could have abandoned her to die if he pleased. The blonde-haired girl titled her head as Challe's jaw clenched, watching silently as he averted his gaze and a look of discomfort overcoming his usual stoic features. “Ah, that man…” Stella let out a tired sigh. “He doesn’t know when to give up I suppose.

I see, thank you.” Stella paused thinking about something. “You know, it’s okay if you call me, Stella.” That was her name after all.

Before Stella could ask if he was able to get any rest, the door suddenly swung open, nearly causing the girl to jump at the sudden action. “Oh, Erik, was it? Thank you.” She was finally starting to feel a bit hungry. However, his next set of words caused the girl to frown. “What happened last time?” She was a bit perplexed, as far as she was aware, Stella hadn’t been here before. Neither had Challe (at least not recently).

Pink-warrior fairy? Hearing those words left a rather worried look on Stella's face. It couldn’t possibly be that same warrior fairy - could it? The young woman was about to open her mouth to say something about Erik’s abhorrent treatment of Challe, but he cut her off with a subtle shake of her head.

It was Erik’s next set of words that dug his own grave.

Before Stella could even blink, in one swift movement, Challe had slammed Erik up against the wall, his blade leveled at Erik's throat. Despite Stella’s injuries, she jumped out of her to the best of her abilities, nearly stumbling over her own feet as she made her way towards Challe and Erik. However, by the time she’d reached the duo - they’d exchanged a set of words with Challe releasing the man with a shove.

Not again?” Stella whispered - what had this pink-warrior fairy done to this poor innkeeper? His reaction was one of pure fear, and she had the feeling that he wasn’t angry at them directly but rather the previous duo. Whatever they had done had left a negative mark on this man. There was a thoughtful look on the blonde’s features. The first thing she did was grab the water on her tray and held it out for Erik to drink. “Erik, deep breaths. It’s okay.” She reassured him softly.

Firstly, I’m not like that…. sugarcrafter you met.” After all, despite his rude behavior she hadn't so much as ordered Challe to do anything (not that she could). "I’m Stella and this is…” She paused for a second to gaze at the dark-haired warrior fairy. “This is my friend. I understand you had a terrifying experience, however, not all humans and not all fairies are the same, that being said…” There was a sad smile on her lips. “You shouldn’t have had to deal with that. I’m sure your spillage of coffee was an accident.”

To be threatened over something… simple as spilled coffee? It had to be him. Even though Erik hadn’t gone into full detail - it all eerily seemed to resemble her uncle - Rufus.

“I want to ask something if you don’t mind.” She began hesitantly. This man.. did he have blonde-hair and go by the name of Rufus?”

Erik stared at her shocked before nodding his head in confirmation, bingo, it seems Stella had hit the nail on the head. “I see…” She seemed to be deep in thought before her gaze firmly rested on Erik. “What is that man thinking? That is no way for him to behave.” She muttered under her breath. What was her uncle doing terrorizing innocent people? Was he trying to soil the reputation of fairies even more? Was he trying to give the Windward family a bad name? Her mind was already trying to think of a way to help out Erik, she couldn’t just leave him like this. Not only did he have a distaste for fairies but Stella had the feeling Erik’s treatment of Challe and herself was because of Rufus.

“I am a Windward too so on behalf of Rufus’s actions you have my sincere apologies, Erik. However,” She stepped in front of Challe and crossed her arms. “Your anger should be only directed at me.” After all, Rufus was a part of her family. “My friend had nothing to do with this and you should know that oftentimes fairies are at the mercy of their owners, stop being rude to him. He didn’t do anything!”

Even when Challe had drew his blade - it had been because Erik had crossed the line.

Last edited:

The human's fearful reaction ignited a sense of satisfaction within Challe, who had endured years of subjugation at the hands of such pitiful creatures. However, Stella's frantic intervention caught him off guard, and he found himself releasing Erik with a forceful shove. As the blonde woman tended to the shaken innkeeper, offering him water and reassuring words, Challe observed her with a mixture of curiosity and disdain. Her concern for this human's well-being perplexed him, given that the human just called her a bitch just a while ago.

When Stella mentioned the name Rufus, Challe's eyes narrowed. He recognized the name, for it belonged to one of the most notorious client of the fairy hunter that caught him, whose cruelty had become infamous among the enslaved fairies. As Erik confirmed the connection, Challe watched Stella's expression shift, a flicker of understanding dawning in her eyes. The obsidian fairy listened intently as Stella confronted Erik, her words carrying a weight of authority that surprised even him. She acknowledged the wrongdoings of her kin while defending his innocence, placing herself firmly between the warrior fairy and the innkeeper's misguided anger.

For a fleeting moment, he found himself begrudgingly impressed by her sense of justice. Although he had initially dismissed her as just another human, her actions suggested a depth of character he had not anticipated. Still, he remained guarded, unwilling to let down his defenses around one who shared blood with the despicable Rufus.

Erik stared at Stella, eyes wide with shock and uncertainty. "You... you're related to him?" he stammered, fear lacing his words.

Challe's lip curled in contempt. "I do not think that this woman did anything wrong to you," he spat, glaring at the innkeeper. "I disagree... you should not forsake her, too. Direct your anger at the warrior fairy who attacked you."

For a tense moment, Challe remained rigid, his muscles coiled as if ready to strike. Erik held his gaze, jaw clenched apprehensively.

Erik seemed to waver, conflict etched on his face as he struggled between fear and reason. Finally, he exhaled heavily. "You're right... I should not have reacted so rashly."

Challe scoffed, his distrust still evident when his sharp eyes scrutinized the innkeeper. "Consider yourself fortunate that this one values your insignificant life more than I."

With a dismissive flick of his wing, Challe turned and stalked away, leaving Erik to release a shuddering breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding.

Challe found himself in a dimly lit cavern, the walls glistening with streaks of obsidian. A young girl's voice echoed around him, familiar yet distorted.

"Is that you?"

He whirled around to see Elizabeth—no, it couldn't be. Her form seemed to flicker between that of the little girl he knew and the human woman who bought him. One moment she had Elizabeth's round childish features, the next her face morphed into Stella's.

"Liz?" Challe's voice caught in his throat as the two visages merged before his eyes.

The person stepped closer, changing into Stella's face, her blue eyes pleading. "Don't you recognize me, Challe? I'm still your Liz."

He shook his head violently, stumbling back. "No... Elizabeth is gone. You are not her!"

Hurt flickered across her morphed face—Elizabeth's face, her voice dropped to a whisper. "How could you abandon me? Even after they... after what happened to me?"

Flashes of that bitter memory assaulted him—Liz screaming, blood staining the concrete, her lifeless body crumpled on the ground. Challe squeezed his eyes shut, his breath coming in ragged gasps. When he opened them again, she was there, kneeling before him with Stella's blonde locks but Elizabeth's childlike innocence.

"Why didn't you protect me?"

The accusation struck through him like a sword. He reached for her, but his hands passed through her form like smoke. "Liz, no... I tried, I..."

Tears streamed down the girl's face, and in that moment, he knew it was the real Elizabeth, not some twisted amalgamation. "You promised you'd never leave me."

Challe awoke with a strangled cry, cold sweat drenching his skin. His heart pounded in his chest as he cast his gaze wildly about the darkened room, he was sitting in a wooden chair when he fell asleep. Slowly, reality reasserted itself—he was in Stella's room, not trapped in some nightmarish vision.

But the ache of loss, the guilt of having failed his beloved Liz, still lingered like an open wound. And the face of Stella, so similar yet so distinct, haunted him with her unwitting connection to the past he
could never escape.

“I am, Stella confirmed, “But, my Uncle and I are not the same.” No, she wasn’t fond of how Rufus treated both other humans and fairies. “We don’t get along for various reasons.” It wasn’t a topic she wanted to dive into so Stella cut it off there.

“Mr. Warrior Fairy.”
The blonde seemed surprised at his words of defense, shaking her head Stella pulled herself back together. “Right, thank you.”

After Erik and Challe had exchanged a few more words, Stella shot Erik a look of empathy. After comforting Erik and ensuring he was at least stable enough to head back, she let him go.

Mr. Warrior Fairy!”

Stella’s concerned voice filled the air as sat up and stumbled to her feet, startled from her sleep, she grimaced slightly at the pain in her head from her sudden actions. "O-Oh, right.” She moved to turn on the lamp by her bedside before her attention returned to the distressed Challe. Her blue-hues were filled with worry and concern for the dark-haired male. “...a-are you okay?” She whispered, it probably wasn’t the best question to ask right now but she had to check in on him. What was that? A nightmare? She wanted to ask what it was about, but a voice in the back of her head told her otherwise.

She began to panic, pacing back and forth as she tried to figure out what to do. How does someone comfort a fairy? Correction: how does someone comfort Challe? Physical touch was out of the question - or else she would have given him a hug by now. The first thing she did was awkwardly offer him some water and some of her silver sugar. She usually carried any small portion in a small container just in case she required it. Maybe, something to eat would make him feel better?

Wait, do fairies even eat?” She questioned innocently. Ah, wait of course they did, all living beings needed to eat, didn’t they ? But in her defense she never really saw the fairies at home eat. It was clear that she was feeling quite frazzled, both from the expression on her face and her actions. Moving to set down the water and sugar Stella seemed to be deep thought. There was no way Challe nor her would be able to go back to sleep right now. But, maybe…

“I’m going to make a sugar sculpture. Do you want to join me?”

She’d been planning on making one for Erik in the hopes that it would help heal him but, maybe for Challe it could serve as a temporary distraction from the nightmares he’d just gone through. The choice was up to him in the end. “It’s your decision.”

Regardless of Challe’s response, Stella’s first step was to speak to Alfred to procure a room that she could make her study. The kind-hearted man instructed her to a room where sugar crafters who visited often did some work, in there were several barrels of premade silver sugar, sugar apples (if one were to make their own silver sugar), as well as a workstation and various tools. After thanking Alfred, Stella stepped into the room the elderly man had highlighted.

“Whoa, this isn’t bad!” There were stars in her eyes at the sight of the room… until she went to check out the barrels. Lifting the lid off, Stella’s blue-eyes dimmed at the sight of the sugar. “...What is this?” Sure, it resembled sugar but the quality of it…. How could any self-respecting sugar crafter use such sugar to make anything? Putting on the lid back Stella moved to make her own sugar.

It was a lengthy and tedious process turning the sugar apples into silver sugar. However, the end result was worth it. “I think it should be ready.” The blond-haired girl hummed to herself, she’d found several empty barrels to use for the process, and as she lifted the lid, she was greeted with sight of pure silver sugar. Compared to the sugar that was already in the room, Stella’s was pure white and held a vivid sheen, almost resembling freshly fallen snow. Out of reflex she was quick to cover it, glancing over her shoulder.

Many, many times, her mother had told her to be careful with her silver sugar. Stella’s sugar was fine, pure and unmatched, to a point where any sugar crafter worth their salt would not only be filled with envy and jealousy, but they would wish to steal the batch for themselves. Perhaps, some would even consider having the girl make endless batches of silver that would be sold off for profit. Unknown to her - if Rufus was to get wind there was not doubt the man would fall into the latter category.

Stella’s silver sugar was no one else’s but her own.

“Ouch,” The blonde whimpered in pain, glancing down at her hands. She’d been working for quite a while without a break, causing her hands to flare up. “Maybe, it’s time for a break.” Stella whispered, rubbing her hands together in an effort to soothe the pain, before resting, however, she made sure to check her other batches of sugar to make sure they were of similar quality.

Challe slowly surfaced from the depths of his haunting dream, his chest still heaving with the phantom anguish. As Stella's worried voice reached his ears, he flinched, instinctively recoiling from her human presence.

When she offered him water and her peculiar silver sugar, he eyed the strange substances with thinly veiled disdain. "I require no sustenance from you, human," he bit out harshly, still rattled from the nightmare's grip.

However, Stella's subsequent suggestion of crafting sugar sculptures, of all things, gave him pause. He arched a dubious brow at the bizarre notion. "You expect me, a warrior fairy, to partake in such frivolous pursuits?"

He observed, eyes narrowed, as she meticulously sorted through strange fruits and began some sort of arduous process to extract their essence. The methodical motions of her hands, the intense focus etched on her delicate features—it was evident that this was no mere idle pastime, but rather an art form she had devoted herself to mastering.

The aromas wafting through the air were entirely foreign to Challe's senses, yet stirred an unfamiliar curiosity within him. He had witnessed human blacksmiths reshaping metals with scorching flame, but their efforts paled in comparison to the almost reverential care Stella employed. When at last she unveiled her painstaking work—those glistening mounds of pristine white that seemed to radiate an ethereal luminescence—Challe found his breath caught in his throat. In all his centuries, he had never borne witness to something so paradoxically simple yet profound. Raw disbelief warred with hesitant appreciation as he beheld this human's mastery of a craft he could scarcely comprehend.

Though every instinct warned him against being beguiled by her evident talents, Challe could not deny the sense of curiosity that blossomed in that moment. This sugar sculpting, as she named it, was a craft that may warrant the envious masters to cause her harm due to her talent.

When she finally unveiled her handiwork—immaculate mounds of shimmering silver sugar—Challe found himself stunned into a rare silence. He had witnessed magic of many forms in his long life, but there was something almost reverential about Stella's craft, a beauty forged through diligent effort. Snapping from his reverie at her pained whimper, Challe's eyes narrowed. For all her infuriating human stubornness, he could not deny a certain respect for her dedication. Perhaps engaging in this peculiar art, if only once, would shed light on why she acted the way she is.

"Very well, human," he said at last, straightening his shoulders. "But make no mistake, I do this just to keep an eye on you."

Challe watched stoically as Stella winced and cradled her reddened, aching hands after her intensive labor. A slight furrow creased his brow as she gingerly rubbed the abused skin. He eyed the pristine rows of shimmering sugar with a measured gaze. To him, it seemed like an excessive amount of toil expended on what was essentially refined powder. Still, he could not deny Stella's clear devotion to her craft.

"I sense this art holds great meaning for you," Challe said, his tone hovering between curiosity and reservation. "But I must confess, I do not fully comprehend why you give much importance."

Stella tenderly inspected her batches, her focused intensity reminding Challe of the meticulous blade maintenance undertaken by seasoned warriors. He tilted his head slightly as he studied her. But did not want to admit, even to himself, that her talents had piqued his curiosity in a way few things had since since Liz. Pushing that thought aside, he steeled himself to withstand this, determined to understand the enigma of this human in front of him.

Startled at Challe’s harsh tone, Stella took a few startled steps back. For a brief moment there was a look of guilt and hurt on her usual gentle features.I-I’m sorry, I was just….trying to help.” She whispered out.

Stella seemed to ponder his question,Frivolous? Is that what you think of it?” Wasn’t crafting confections from silver sugar a sacred art that was first practiced by fairies? Humans like herself were lucky to partake in it now that it was accessible to them. “Hm…” Was there a reason Challe felt that way? Did something happen in the past? Or maybe he was still on edge from his nightmare? So many questions - so little answers, however, it wasn’t something to be pursued right now.

“Hm?” Stella had been so busy with the process of making silver sugar that she hadn’t really noticed Challe’s change of demeanor. “I don’t really mind the reason as long as you're around.” She gave him a gentle smile. Her attention then returned to her hands as she did her best to soothe the pain, while Stella tried to remain composed, there was no doubt that was suffering right about now.

“What do you think? Of… the sugar I mean?” Stella found herself asking; tilting her head curiously as Challe eyed the pristine rows of shimmering sugar. “It does.” She nodded in affirmation, gazing down at her hands. “... Well, it’s hard for me to explain, so maybe I’ll show you instead.” Sometimes, there were things that just could not be expressed with words, maybe it was better to illustrate to Challe instead.

Even though her hands were still in pain; Stella chose to push through it. The process of creating a sculpture made of fine sugar took a great deal of time. However, as Stella worked through the process, there was tender care and adoration with every step. Not only did she shine brightly, but it was clear she loved making sculptures out of silver sugar. “...With the history of silver sugar and its craft, I find it to be a way to give my thanks and respect to fairies.” The blonde spoke up, starting to put the finishing touches on the sculpture she was making for Erik. It was clear with every step of the process that Stella truly respected and adored fairies. “Not only that,” She paused for a moment, grimacing in pain from her hands. “I’m thankful to be given the chance to partake in such a sacred art.” Sugar sculptures also brough happiness to both humans and fairies.

However,The blue-eyed girl paused for a moment to glance over at Challe, “Even though I come from a family that has been sugar crafting for a long time, it’s all the same, everyone says that only men should become sugar crafters.” Stella’s brows furrowed, her heart breaking at the thought of her mother who had to forsake her dreams. What about her mother? What about Stella?

“It’s frustrating,” She whispered weakly, gently attaching the final piece of the sculpture - a second wing for the fairy.

These weren’t feelings she usually said out loud, but there was something about talking to Challe that made it easy. ”Well, even if I wanted to, I can’t really practice much right now.” She held out her pained, trembling hands out to Challe, it was clear she’d overdone it. “I can’t fully remember the details but…” Stella hesitated for a moment, “...something happened a while ago that left my hands in this state. That’s why I always keep them bandaged. They hurt all the time,” She gently cradled her hands to her chest, “There are days where they don’t hurt much, and there are days,” Like today, “...where the pain is unbearable. I’m just trying to find a doctor or... someone that can treat them.” Even if Stella couldn’t find someone to help cure her, it was better than not trying at all, perhaps then she’d be content.

Stella stepped aside to show Challe the finished sculpture. “Look, Mr. Warrior Fairy. It’s finished!” It was a gorgeous, breathtaking sculpture of a fairy and human reconciling, the fairy had both its wings symbolizing their freedom. It wasn’t a giant piece, but it was mesmerizing, it was evident how much care, effort and love Stella had put into the sculpture. “What do you think?”

As the aroma of silver sugar filled air, Stella was sure the sweet scent would linger on her persons for at least the next few days, especially her hands.

Last edited:

Challe watched impassively as Stella tended to her injured hands, her delicate features lined with pain. Her gentle smile caught him off guard, as did her seemingly nonchalant words about his presence. Did this fragile human truly not mind his company, after he had threatened humans like her?

As she began speaking of her sugary craft once more, he found his obsidian gaze drawn to the pristine mounds. Despite his initial dismissal, there was an undeniable beauty to their flawless forms. When she affirmed the deep sacrifices poured into achieving such immaculate purity, Challe felt a begrudging kernel of respect take root. Her words rang with the devotion of a true master committed to their art. This was no mere fleeting human indulgence.

Still, he remained outwardly inscrutable as she began sculpting, channeling her passion into shaping the malleable sugar. But Challe could not tear his eyes away, transfixed by the lithe movements of her hands, the almost trance-like intensity with which she worked.

As she spoke of her motives—gratitude, respect for his kind, a reverence for this sacred craft—he felt disquiet ripple through him. Her soft admission of society's derision only compounded his discomfort. The world really is a cruel place.

When at last she revealed her breathtaking creation, Challe's sharp inhalation betrayed his supposed indifference. The delicate sculpture seemed to transcend its sugary form, wielding a profound beauty that stirred emotions he had long forced into submission. For a moment, all he could do was gaze upon the symbolic figures locked in an embrace of unity. He remembered what happened with Erik, and how the sculpture can be a symbol of reconciliation. His eyes finally flicked to Stella's hopeful expression, her hands cradled vulnerably to her chest.

Inexplicably, Challe found his throat constricted by the rawness of her offering, the generosity of spirit that could create such an uplifting, healing vision. His earlier disdain for this frivolous craft now seemed misguided at best. He is a warrior fairy, and something as delicate as sugar crafting didn't really strike his fancy until now.

"I... cannot deny the mastery of your craft," he said at last, pride warring with grudging respect in his tone. "To channel such emotion and meaning into this sculpture... yours is a wonderful gift, human."

Slowly, almost reverently, Challe extended one long finger to lightly graze the sugary fairy's wing, marveling at the fragile intricacy. He longed to be as complete as the fairy depicted in the blonde woman's sculpture.

For the span of a heartbeat, his carven features softened almost imperceptibly.

"I had scorned as frivolous. I apologize," His piercing gaze locked with Stella's gentle blue eyes. "You have my gratitude... for sharing this piece of yourself."

The words passed his lips like an oath before he regained his typical inscrutable mien. But in that fleeting instant, the warrior fairy had connected with a deeper chord of respect, of wonder, sparked by this human's dazzling talents.

The messenger fairy flitted into the dimly lit back room of the inn, her gossamer and wings leaving a faint trail of glimmering dust. Opal Hyacinth Doe is one of Lord Rufus Windward's fairies who usually delivered and received messages, her wings are clipped equally to allow for her flight. Alfred watched her approach, his usual friendly demeanor replaced by a cold businesslike aura.

"Well?" The tiny fairy demanded impatiently. "Give your report. Has Stella Windward really arrive here?"

Alfred's eyes narrowed as he stepped closer, suddenly seeming to fill the cramped space with his large frame.

"She's here," he stated gruffly. "Showed up a few nights ago with that warrior fairy as her bodyguard. She was injured when he brought her in."

The messenger's features twisted in displeasure. "That girl... complicating matters, as usual. Lord Rufus will not be pleased if he discovers that she now has a warrior fairy of her own... but her injuries might make her an easier target for Crystal."

"Relax,"
Alfred scoffed, waving a calloused hand. "That fairy mongrel will be no real obstacle, not if the price is right." He shot the messenger a meaningful look.

Leaning back against the wall, the innkeeper studied the diminutive creature with undisguised avarice. "I've had ample time to observe the girl, she was unimpressive so Lord Rufus can have her. But it's the warrior fairy that will sell for a high price. His wonderful looks will surely captivate the eyes of noblewomen."

His greedy gaze raked over the messenger in a way that made her feel suddenly unclean. The messenger tensed but remained silent as Alfred's lips curved into an avaricious grin.

"Do you have any idea how much a rare beauty like him could fetch on the right markets?" He licked his lips slowly. "With his looks and body, he'd be the crown jewel of any collection of companion fairies."

Moving with sly quickness, Alfred loomed over the messenger, his body eclipsing what little light there was as his grin widened hungrily.

"I will give Stella to Lord Rufus, but the warrior fairy is mine," He chuckled, the sound like grinding stones. "I'll be the one to decide his subsequent value."

His eyes glittered with visions of lucrative opportunities as he pressed even closer.

"Just imagine the fortune I could net from auctioning off such an exotic prize piece. And with my connections, I know more than a few collectors who would bid exorbitantly for the privilege."

Licking his lips again, Alfred shrugged as if dismissing any moral considerations.

"So you can tell Rufus his precious little niece is safe...for the moment. But he'd better be prepared to go doubly into his pockets if he wants to keep the fairy from falling into my grasp eventually."

The messenger could only stare in revulsed silence at the naked greed contorting the innkeeper's face. With a disdainful sniff, she turned and flitted away, Alfred's cruel laughter echoing after her. As the messenger fairy's wings faded into the darkness, someone accidentally eavesdropped their conversation.

Erik stepped out trembling. His face was ashen, eyes wide with horror at what he had unwittingly overheard. For a long moment, he simply stood there, grappling with the sickening revelations about his boss and mentor. The man he had looked up to, whose gentle kindness and generosity had been like a warm beacon to guests... was a façade for something so twisted and vile. Maybe that's why he was not averse to make threats about replacing him.

Erik's hands curled into white-knuckled fists as the full implications washed over him. Stella, the sweet young woman who had defended him against the warrior fairy's threats—she was the innocent prize Alfred schemed to claim for his greed.

A cold knot of dread formed in the pit of his stomach. If Alfred's sinister master Lord Rufus was as darkly ruthless as Erik remembered, then Stella being here in the inn was akin to stepping into a vipers' nest. Her very presence put her squarely in the crosshairs of corrupt individuals who saw her as nothing more than a commodity to be harvested... or worse. Erik shuddered, feeling ill at the thought.

A new resolve hardened in his eyes as he straightened, shoving down his tumult of emotions. No matter what happened, he could not stand idly by while an innocent girl was sacrificed to such abhorrent depravity. Stella had shown him unwarranted kindness—it was past time he found the courage to repay that debt.

Gathering his determination, Erik slipped silently back through the shadows, his mind already racing with plans. He had to find a way to smuggle a warning to Stella, to extract her from this pit of serpents before it was too late.

If it cost him his meager livelihood, so be it. It's not like he was valued anyway. Some lines could not be uncrossed, some sins could not be allowed to transpire. With grim purpose, Erik hoped that he could atone for the transgressions of his former mentor before
an even greater tragedy befell them all.

“...Mr. Warrior Fairy?” Stella questioned gently as he took in the sugar sculpture, she watched earnestly as gazed upon her finished work. “O-o-oh!” Her work was being praised by a fairy? What more could she ask for? Despite the flustered feeling that rose in her chest, the unfamiliar burn on her cheeks and ears that left them a brilliant hue of red, a bright smile rested on Stella’s lips. She found herself resting her palms on her cheeks in an effort to calm herself down as the beat of her racing heart drummed in her ears.

“T-Thank you,” Stella whispered, “I hope that I can make one for you someday and...I also hope that you can live as freely as that fairy.”

“H-huh? It’s okay. You didn’t offend me or anything,”
She was honestly just happy that he was able to see what sugar crafting meant to her, and hopefully it opened a new perspective for the warrior fairy. “You’re welcome.” With those words, Stella moved to clean up the room, making sure to leave it in a pristine state; she was unaware of the danger that loomed in the shadows.

Stella visibly flinched as Alfred tossed her into the storage room of the inn - akin to a sack of potatoes. The elderly man didn’t seem to care much about her head wound or the injuries she was healing from; all that mattered was that she was given to Rufus in one piece. The blonde-haired girl gazed up at him fearfully - unable to say a word as the man stepped into the room and kneeled down, leering at her. She’d already tried screaming and fighting against him earlier, however it was a fruitless struggle. Not only had the man prevented her from screaming by promptly gagging her, but now she had a fresh set of bruises that littered her skin from her struggle. The binds around her wrist were not helping - they were too tight and were bound to leave rope burns.

Stella whimpered slightly as she felt him roughly grab her blonde locks, pulling head forcefully to meet his darkened gaze. “I suppose I owe you my thanks, for bringing such a fine specimen to me. He’ll make quite the companion fairy once I’ve got his wing. Hm, you know? He’s got you to thank for subjecting him to such abominations. Do you think he’ll hate you for the rest of your life? Curse himself for ever meeting you? After all, it is your fault.” Her eyes widened at Alfred’s word, guilt pooling into her blue-hues. Was it really her fault? For meeting him, for running into those bandits, for getting injured.

“You mean to say that he’s a warrior fairy?” Stella’s face was easy to read: he’s a warrior fairy not a companion fairy! Were the words she was trying to scream. “That doesn’t matter when he’s at the beck and call of whoever has his wing.” Alfred let go of Stella’s hair, not caring when her head hit the floor with a painful smack.

“You know when you first arrived here, with the way he carried you in. I thought he cared about you.“
The man taunted, his beady eyes narrowing at Stella’s crumpled form, a foot resting dangerously against her side." …but if he truly did care, why isn’t he here? He’s a warrior fairy, shouldn’t he be protecting you? Do you think he’d care if you simply disappeared?” A rhetorical question, “Probably not, I’ve never heard of a fairy caring for a human.” And he’d lived many, many, years. Challe probably only stuck around because the woman had his wing - that was the only logical explanation that made sense, how Stella come across such a peculiar fairy? He didn't know.

“Now be a good girl and wait for your darling uncle to come pick you up. I’m sure he’d be ecstatic to see you again.” With a rough kick to Stella’s side, he left the girl to wheeze in pain. As Alfred left the room, he locked the door with a resounding click. Stella closed her eyes shut and curled into a ball. She tried to free herself from her binds but all that did was cause her more pain, with a quiet sob, she found herself crying until she passed out.

The first thing the old man did upon exiting was rummage through Stella’s belongings for Challe’s wing. The sleazy man had taken the opportunity to steal it when he’d notice that both the fairy and human had left their resting quarters. “Hm, odd, the wing isn’t here.” A vein of irritation popped in his forehead, he was sure that it wasn’t present on Stella’s person. “That damn brat,”

“STELLA!” The door to Stella and Challe’s room burst open as Erik frantically ran in. His eyes urgently swept across the room before landing on Challe, “Stella isn’t here? Where is she?!” He questioned in a blind panic, Erik was torn between taking a leap of faith and blabbing everything he’d heard to the warrior fairy or simply running out of the room to cover more ground.

Last edited:

Challe whirled around at the abrupt intrusion, obsidian eyes flashing dangerously as the human burst into their quarters. His hand instinctively moved towards the hilt of his blade, muscles tensing in preparation for battle.

"What are you doing here?" he snarled, taking a threatening step forward.

But Erik's frantic words halted him mid-stride. He cocked his head slightly, somewhat taken aback by the human's agitated state and the surprising lack of fear of the warrior fairy in his eyes—horrified of something so much greater.

"She is out," Challe stated flatly, though his defensive posture remained guarded. "Speak your purpose rapidly before I grow irritated of you."

Erik swallowed hard, clearly warring with indecision. His hands clenched tightly at his sides, frustrated at his own helplessness. Challe's sharp gaze missed nothing as the human's expressions morphed from terror to resolve and back again.

"I..." Erik began haltingly before squaring his shoulders. When he continued, his voice carried an insistent urgency. "I know things... terrible things that put Stella in grave danger. I didn't want to believe it at first, b-but... but that innkeeper, Alfred..."

Challe arched one questioning brow, but remained silent, allowing the torrent of words to spill forth.

"He's working for Lord Rufus, someone obsessed with capturing Stella!" Erik exclaimed, panic resurging. "They... they view her as some kind of prize to be possessed..."

The warrior fairy's expression darkened like thunderclouds at the clear implication of threat against Stella. He took another measured step forward, his imposing presence seeming to swell.

"Explain yourself, quickly," he growled in a tone that brooked no argument.

Erik flinched slightly at the menace in Challe's words, but held his ground, fueled by desperation.

"I overheard them plotting, conspiring to... get Stella... and you..." He faltered slightly before forcing the words out. "Alfred wanted to sell you off to the highest bidder once she's dealt with..."

Challe's eyes became obsidian slits, his instincts kicking into high gear as protective rage thrummed through his veins. His lip curled in a silent snarl of revulsion at the implication and his wing flared outward in an unconscious display of aggression. Then his footsteps were evident as his boots caused the wooden floor to creak when he walked towards Erik.

"Tell me," he growled over one shoulder ridge. "Do you know of her current whereabouts? If any harm has befallen her..."

His words hung heavy with unspoken threat. Erik rapidly shook his head. "N-No! At least, I don't think so. But she might be in the basement of this inn where we keep our sugar and other ingredients..." He swallowed hard, fresh sweat beading on his brow. "P-Please, you have to find her before they do! Before it's too late!"

Challe's jaw clenched tight as he walked to the doorway, one hand resting on the pommel of his sword. With a final ominous look at Erik, the obsidian fairy swept from the room in a hurry, a warrior's fury building like a relentless thunderhead as he moved to recover Stella by any brutal means required.

"Rest assured, I shall find her... no matter what," His burning glare promised a world of retribution. "As for you... pray we do not cross paths again until this matter is settled."

Erik didn't heed his warning, and still followed him, wanting to ensure Stella's safety as well. Her kindness and compassion has moved him, and he wanted to return the favor by helping Challe save her too.

Frustrated, Alfred began to rummage through Stella’s belongings, once, twice, thrice. There was a pouch with currency, some supplies for traveling, bandages….however, there was no wing. Where was that pretty fairy’s wing?! Taking a shuddering breath, he had half a mind to go back to the blonde girl and demand the location of the wing, without it his whole plan would fall apart. If that warrior fairy got wind of the situation before Alfred could find his wing… there was no way he would be able to keep him under control. His cold eyes glared at the sugar sculpture that rested on the front desk, a silly gift for Erik, it was a sight for sore eyes. He couldn’t understand what ran through that girl’s mind…

Speaking of Erik - where was he? If he was here at the front desk working like how he is supposed to be, then perhaps it would be easier to put his diabolical plan to action.

Before he could step away to interrogate Stella - the sound of someone running down the flight of stairs caught his attention. Alfred was quick to shove Stella’s belongings out of sight, he was sure the warrior fairy would no doubt question what he was doing with his companion’s belongings, unfortunately, due to his haste he’d accidentally left some of the blonde’s items on the counter for the world to see.

The sound came to pause in front of him, it was Erik and the warrior fairy. Alfred’s steel gaze couldn’t help but narrow slightly at the dark-haired male before him. “Erik, and…” He nodded politely at the warrior fairy, keeping up his facade. “Our guest.” He stroked his chin, puzzled at why the duo would arrive together; as far as he was aware Erik was averse to warrior fairies. “How can I help you, fairy? And Erik, where have you been? Your job is the front desk you know.”

With sweaty hands, Erik placed his palms firmly on the front desk, ignoring his superior’s words. “H-H-Have you seen Stella?” He quivered, there was no missing how Alfred’s jaw clenched firmly at the blonde haired girl’s name.

“Careful, Erik.” Alfred’s gaze turned to the sugar sculpture that rested on the counter. Stella’s creation was shimmering gently under the inn lights. “You don’t want to accidentally break your gift now, do you?” With a gulp, he stepped back - not wanting to knock over the sugar sculpture.

“Stella, huh?Alfred seemed like he was almost taunting them. “I haven’t seen that girl for a few hours now, are you sure she didn’t just run off?” He clicked his tongue as he gazed over at Challe. “You don’t seem to cherish her presence.” Alfred crossed his arms - a dangerous glint in his eyes. “I mean… if you did, you’d know where she is, right? Shouldn’t you, of all people, know the whereabouts of your human companion? Being a warrior fairy and all? Or is it that you don’t care about protecting her?” He shook his head with a dramatic sigh, “A little old man like me can’t help you find your little human. If you don’t know where she is, how am I supposed to know? I suggest you leave her be, if she shows up, she shows up.”

“But she’s injured.”
Erik squeaked, “We have to find her! What if she’s unconscious, what if…”

Erik’s words seemed to fall on deaf ears. Alfred was dismissive, showing no worry or concern for the missing human girl. Right now, he was too busy trying to find out where Challe’s wing was, it was important he find that before Rufus showed up. Additionally, it was also important to Challe's wing before he was aware of Stella’s circumstances. Not only was the dark-haired male a warrior fairy, but with no human nearby to harbour his wing - he was free to do as he pleased.

Last edited:

Challe's obsidian eyes slitted dangerously as he watched the exchange between Erik and Alfred unfold. Though outwardly motionless, his entire being thrummed with coiled tension, ready to strike with calculated movements. And as the old innkeeper dismissed the concerns over the sugarcrafter's well-being with callous indifference, the warrior fairy's lips peeled back in a silent snarl of revulsion.

"How dare you..." Challe hissed silently through gritted teeth, his eyebrows furrowed in contained rage as the innkeeper continued taunting him.

With a rustle of his crystalline wing, he took one measured step forward, his presence became increasingly imposing as fury burned in his eyes. Another step—slowly closing the distance as Challe trembled with the effort of restraining his killing impulses. His lithe form seemed to radiate with intensity, his wing flaring outward as he walked toward the sneering innkeeper. Though his words were concise, his voice dripped with a cold, razor-edged menace.

"Speak the truth, you indolent being."

It was not a request, it was a threat. Yet Alfred just looked at him innocently as if he had no idea what he was talking about, feigning ignorance about Stella's whereabouts.

Meanwhile, Erik felt scared when he met face-to-face with Lord Rufus's pink warrior fairy, but he felt a great sense of dread even though he was not the object of Challe's wrath. His clammy hands just shaked uncontrollably, thanking every god that existed that he wasn't in danger but also praying that Stella was safe and sound. His thoughts snapped back to reality when the old innkeeper was pressed into the wall with an audible thud—rougher and more violent than how Challe treated him before when he called Stella a bitch.

Before Alfred could react, Challe's movements blurred with liquid grace. One moment he stood apart, the next his lean muscles bunched as he closed the distance in the span of a gasped breath. His slender hand whipped out to clamp down on the old innkeeper's shoulder with bruising force. The warrior fairy's obsidian eyes glinted with the hardened promise of violence as he stared unflinchingly into the older man's startled gaze. His other hand drifted lower, materializing the honed obsidian blade. With deadly precision, the sword came to rest against the tender hollow of Alfred's throat. The merest twitch would be all it took to open his jugular in a crimson spray.

He held that rigid pose, his lone wing quivering in a deadly display as his chest rose and fell with controlled breaths. His merciless stare pierced into Alfred, daring him to utter even the barest untruth that would cost his insignificant life. As a warrior fairy, Challe was indifferent to taking human and fairy lives... but his hand twitched slightly because of contained rage, drawing a small wound where blood came trickling from the innkeeper's throat.

His voice when it came again was low, laced with ferocity. "Speak quickly, wretch... my patience is running thin."

"I... I haven't seen the girl,"
Alfred managed to blurt out a lie, his gruff voice wavering only slightly.

If looks could kill, this old man would be long dead. "He... overheard you saying you wanted to deal with her and sell me—all for money," Challe whispered ominously, referring to what Erik said when he barged into Stella's room. "Is he lying... or are you...?"

Alfred's feigned innocence finally dropped as he turned pallid, trembling with fear when he knew his farce was discovered. "DAMN YOU TO HELL, ERIK!"

Erik just flinched, unmoving. It could all be over if Challe just pressed the blade harder into this vile creature, just like he always did back then. But Stella's voice echoed in his mind.

"You’re right, the world is cruel. But forgive me, Mr. Warrior Fairy, I… I don’t agree with the fact that kindness doesn’t have a place in it."

"There are also people who choose to be kind in a cruel world..."

"It’s… important to me that you can make your decision. That’s… w-what it means to be free."

Challe knew that Stella would not be happy once she discovered that he killed Alfred in order to save her. He could already see her blue eyes brimming with fear... and he knew that he wouldn't want her to feel afraid of him. So with a shaky breath, he made a choice. He shoved Alfred like the garbage that he is and walked silently towards the basement.

Among the subpar barrels of silver sugar and other ingredients in the dark basement was the blonde girl—gagged, bruised, and bloodied. Challe felt his rage boiling at the sight, which simmered down as he walked toward her with hurried strides, promptly removing the restraints and caressing her golden locks. He wiped her cheek gently with the back of his hand, looking at her with a tender gaze.

"You will be safe," he sighed as he pulled her into a loose hug, careful not to aggravate her injuries further. "Let's get you out of here."

Unbeknownst to them, Alfred was there with a dagger on his shaky hand and attempting to kill the unknowing warrior fairy. Good thing Erik was there and took the stab wound with his right arm, effectively shielding the two of them.

"You don't know when to give up, don't you?" Erik said with a mocking scowl toward his boss, punching him right in the face and causing him to pass out in the dusty wooden floor of the basement.

Then he turned to Challe, "I apologize for the way I treated you, Mr. Fairy... but please allow me to help you and Stella."

With that, Challe carried Stella like a princess, with Erik following close behind, as they proceeded once again to her room to treat their wounds—hoping that she comes back to her senses soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back