• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Arranged marriage idea

bettsyboy

Four Thousand Club
Our story begins 20 years before the main events of the story, MC's father, King Darius Savaldore was defending his capital, the city of Timul from one of his neighbouring kingdoms, his enemy, the Holy Estrucan Empire shared a border with his lands close to the capital, both sides operated under a peace truce through multiple royal marriages with princesses from both sides being married to the heirs of the other, much to the point that both families were almost entirely incestuous.

However, the Emperor of the Estrucan Empire grew tired of his neighbours inhabiting the northern plains, giving their people plentiful harvest after plentiful harvest, making their people strong and wealthy while the Estrucans had to pray to the gods that their harvests would bring enough to feed themselves, let alone allow them to import. out of this envy, the Emperor invaded, sacking towns and castles till he came to the gates of the capital.

The king fought alongside his soldiers on the wall, as enemy towers and ladders bought more of the enemy upon the wall he along with his royal guard defended the gatehouse, for if they took it, they could stop the pouring of boiling oil on their men below and allow them to breach the gates, which's mechanisms had been destroyed at the start of the siege.

The enemy's final assault was overwhelming, the king fought tooth and nail as his elite guard fell, taking dozens of the enemy with each one who died, but it was a losing battle. Jus as all hope seemed lost, horns from the distance were heard as thousands of horsemen charged across the field behind the enemy army, flying the banners of the noble families of his realm, from the families of Horton to Redgar, but among them was a strange banner, it's men clad in exotic, unfamiliar armor and weilding exotic weapons he had never seen before. but all doubt dissapeared from his mind of what their allegiance may beas they charged alongside his allies and wet their blades with the blood of Estrucan soldiers. With the field secured thanks to his allies the King called forth the men who were prepared to defend the interior of the city once the walls fell, together they drove the enemy back, into the hooves and blades of the horsement below.

This new ally, was from the noble family of a far off world, their family name was Chin, in return for their aid, they asked for a new homeland as disease had driven their people to become nomads in foreign lands, gratefully, King Darius offered them the lands of the Estrucan Empire, with it's largest army destroyed the land was easy pickings, and for a time it was good.

Now, 20 years after the great battle, and the re-naming of what was once the Estrucan Empire into the Shin-gao Empire, the Emperor has sent a messenger to king Darius, now in his 60s, he wants his daughter to marry Darius's son, Prince Marchus... Darius accepts.

This plot is based in a fantasy world but without magic, obviously the Shin-Gao Empire is based of ancient China and the Timul Empire is based off a combination fo Medieval Europe and the Roman Empire.

This RP will have action, romance, tension, all that good stuff.

So, I'm getting the fluff of this RP...but what do the players actually get to play? Foot soldiers? Politicians? Royalty? Merchants? The married couple? I'd like more bit more explanation on this if you wouldn't mind.

Varna said:
So, I'm getting the fluff of this RP...but what do the players actually get to play? Foot soldiers? Politicians? Royalty? Merchants? The married couple? I'd like more bit more explanation on this if you wouldn't mind.
I play as the King Darius's son, the prince and I want a partner to play the princess of the newly founded Shin-Gao Empire.

This is an intriguing idea, but I'm not terribly familiar with far Eastern culture. Would the Shin-Gao Empire be culturally flexible at all? ^^

Assuming, of course, you're still looking for partners after a week. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back