• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Armed with Wings

Field Marshall

Eight Thousand Club
In this world Wings aren't just for flight but for power. They aren't just appendages that allow one to fly but vessels that contain power and equipment of great power. Whether they are angelic, demonic, energy, or draconic in appearance they're all generally the same in purpose, power. Those who possess Wings go by many names mostly that denote the beliefs of the region and/or their actions. Those with Wings whether they are warriors, wanderers, Kings, criminals, deities, or whatever have a common responsibility that will soon become apparent as their petty conflicts give way to a greater foe. This is the Earth like medieval fantasy world of Vega.

Wings: Their origins are unknown and the reason for their appearance differences are also unknown. The visible appearance of one's Wings can allude to the power they possess but ultimately those are just the physical manifestation of one's wings, cutting them off will only allow the person to regenerate them if they have enough power or stamina to do so. The true wings are untwined into the person's very being making them something else entirely separate from mortals. That's why they're most often called Immortals. What is common among Wings is that an Immortal doesn't have to summon them to use their power. However to bear the full might of their power, an Immortal must manifest them. Wings can be extracted through some methods, nothing like instantaneous snatching or something.

Wings not only make one go from mortal to immortal but also grants them what power stored within them. This can vary greatly from Wings to Wings. Some Wings will simply give one the power to use some elements or cast magic. Some Wings may simply contain a legendary weapon the user can summon to their hands. Some Wings could contain a mystical metallic golem for the user to summon. Some Wings can contain all three and more. Some Wings may also be as simply as granting one extremely enhanced physical or sensory capabilities that surpass those of most Immortals such as hyper speed or ultra strength. Generally the appearance of Wings will reflect their nature and their quality with deceptive looking Wings in the minority. Chances are if someone has some pretty stylish or crazy looking Wings their powers can very well be the same.

(More lore about Wings will be discovered as the Roleplay goes on)

Staring Plot: A man who goes by the name, Bastion, has developed a device that can take nullify an Immortals' Wings leaving them with only a fraction of their power. They have killed a few Immortals already and those Immortals' Wings were rumored to have been extracted and implanted in artificial Immortals of that man's creation. These Artificial Immortals have been rumored to be seen attacking and killing Immortals. There have also been mortals who are seen using the same device. Naturally this can easily grow to threaten all Immortals if left unchecked.

Notes: The world is very blank on purpose so you guys can fill it in a little with your character back stories but also so there's much to explore and discover. Mortals of course can have powers, weapons, and magic too but they wouldn't be on the same level as an Immortal. Humans of course exist but I didn't define any other races so have fun with that.

Last edited:
what is the post length of the RP (roughly)?

okay thanks.

My vote is in at least 2 paragraphs. Just something that's a little more than a couple sentences. Grammar isn't really an issue, it's just nice to have some description to go off of.

[
okay thanks.

My vote is in at least 2 paragraphs. Just something that's a little more than a couple sentences. Grammar isn't really an issue, it's just nice to have some description to go off of.
Agreed, description is always nice.

btw I'd love to join this if it is still open :3

Hey, I'm a 1x1 rp'er, but I'm looking into doing a group rp and am very interesting in this one. I have a dnd character that I've been dying to use in any way that might really fit this rp due to there race (I can go into more detail with that if you want me to). Are you still looking for more people?

In this world Wings aren't just for flight but for power. They aren't just appendages that allow one to fly but vessels that contain power and equipment of great power. Whether they are angelic, demonic, energy, or draconic in appearance they're all generally the same in purpose, power. Those who possess Wings go by many names mostly that denote the beliefs of the region and/or their actions. Those with Wings whether they are warriors, wanderers, Kings, criminals, deities, or whatever have a common responsibility that will soon become apparent as their petty conflicts give way to a greater foe. This is the Earth like medieval fantasy world of Vega.

Wings: Their origins are unknown and the reason for their appearance differences are also unknown. The visible appearance of one's Wings can allude to the power they possess but ultimately those are just the physical manifestation of one's wings, cutting them off will only allow the person to regenerate them if they have enough power or stamina to do so. The true wings are untwined into the person's very being making them something else entirely separate from mortals. That's why they're most often called Immortals. What is common among Wings is that an Immortal doesn't have to summon them to use their power. However to bear the full might of their power, an Immortal must manifest them. Wings can be extracted through some methods, nothing like instantaneous snatching or something.

Wings not only make one go from mortal to immortal but also grants them what power stored within them. This can vary greatly from Wings to Wings. Some Wings will simply give one the power to use some elements or cast magic. Some Wings may simply contain a legendary weapon the user can summon to their hands. Some Wings could contain a mystical metallic golem for the user to summon. Some Wings can contain all three and more. Some Wings may also be as simply as granting one extremely enhanced physical or sensory capabilities that surpass those of most Immortals such as hyper speed or ultra strength. Generally the appearance of Wings will reflect their nature and their quality with deceptive looking Wings in the minority. Chances are if someone has some pretty stylish or crazy looking Wings their powers can very well be the same.

(More lore about Wings will be discovered as the Roleplay goes on)

Staring Plot: A man who goes by the name, Bastion, has developed a device that can take nullify an Immortals' Wings leaving them with only a fraction of their power. They have killed a few Immortals already and those Immortals' Wings were rumored to have been extracted and implanted in artificial Immortals of that man's creation. These Artificial Immortals have been rumored to be seen attacking and killing Immortals. There have also been mortals who are seen using the same device. Naturally this can easily grow to threaten all Immortals if left unchecked.

Notes: The world is very blank on purpose so you guys can fill it in a little with your character back stories but also so there's much to explore and discover. Mortals of course can have powers, weapons, and magic too but they wouldn't be on the same level as an Immortal. Humans of course exist but I didn't define any other races so have fun with that.
hey hey, I'm a newbie but can I do a join and if anyone can help me out, I've used other forums before but not this xx

hey hey, I'm a newbie but can I do a join and if anyone can help me out, I've used other forums before but not this xx
If you need any help just ask. Right now we are just waiting for Field Marshall Field Marshall to create the Character sheets and the main RP thread. Once those are made you can begin making your character

so far the GM hasn't set one so you should be good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back