• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Armageddon (a realistic superhuman rp.)

BlazingSword

The sword which blazes
armageddon_begins_by_golosiy.jpg
It is the year 2019 on an alternate earth where history unfolded differently. The first major change came with the nonexistence of the dark ages, because science was never repressed humanity is several hundred years more advanced than they are in our world. Hover cars, antigravity, force fields, and interplanetary travel are all parts of everyday life for this version humanity.

Yet many things were still similar. World war one was still fought, but with far more advanced technology and a greater loss of life than in our universe. World war two was also fought but the United States got involved much earlier and the war wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was in our timeline. The Vietnam war never happened and as such the peace movement that came then never happened. Instead the sixties was when the world was I introduced to the formula known as the Alpha serum. Using this serum any human could rewrite their DNA as they saw fit. By the seventies it had gone global, disease and genetic abnormality became a thing of the past and humanity flourished in a golden age of health and prosperity.

In the year 1999, the alpha serum was modified by the genius doctor Atori. The modified serum allowed for more extensive genetic modifications. The birth of superpowers. People who could afford the new serum quickly became more and more powerful. This same year the first superhero was born. Dr.Atori used his own serum to Grant him the power needed to prevent a massive global catastrophe in the form of a large meteor roughly the size of the moon. This cost him his own life but it ushered in the age of heroes. Taking Dr.Atori's example many people got their hands on the serum and fought to preserve peace and Justice.

However there are two sides to every coin, once atori was gone he could no longer protect his serum. It fell into the hands of government officials, criminals, and terrorists. Those who had decided to become heroes quickly found themselves overwhelmed by the flood of now superpowers threats to the world. As such the heroes banded together forming a group called The Guardians.
For twenty years The Guardians defended earth but the political landscape has changed. Russia and China have teamed up with North Korea, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, combining their might to attempt to destroy America, and her allies along with the United nations. In our universe people fear world war three will be fought with nukes, but in this universe, world war three will be fought with godlike soldiers of unimaginable power.

As the world deteriorates into chaos the only thing that stands in the way of total annihilation are The guardians. But can they stop the Armageddon to come?

Rules​
  1. No metagaming, godmodding, or power playing.
  2. No one is above city buster level. There are gonna be no continent leveling character or planet Buster's period.
  3. When the OCC is up keep it civil, I don't want to see personal drama between users. It's cool for the characters and all but if you have an issue take it to pm. If you need an unbiased mediator I'll be glad to help.
  4. No one liners. I'm not gonna tell you a minimum post limit but give us a bit to work with please
  5. The limit on characters is three. If you would like more pm me and we can negotiate.
  6. Have fun, this Rp is made for enjoyment.

Last edited:
The CS
Name: (you know your name yes?)

Alias: (this is your hero/villain name, and is entirely optional.)

Age: (no one younger than 10 please, max life expectancy is about 180 years in this world.)

Affiliation: (Are you a russian, Chinese, Iranian, American, European, a guardian, or a villain, or unaffiliated. I'd prefer you have a faction but it's not mandatory.)

Personality: (give me a paragraph of five sentences here, you need to capture how the world sees your character and how you see your character.)

History: (Tell us your characters story, this is really free form you can build it as you see fit. However keep in mind your actions do have consequences, so if you were a monster in your history then you will be treated as such.)

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: (this is where you list your characters combat capabilities, powers are gained through the alpha serum and nothing else, your skills must be realistic, if your sixteen your not gonna be a master of twelve different martial arts, gadgets are high tech but are more or less equal with powers.)

Extra: (anything else you want to add such as theme song, quotes, likes and dislikes, etc.)

9c5570eb0fff035209bce5e45392554f.jpg
Name: Marcus Gregovich

Alias: Magog

Affiliation: Russian, Ex-Villain, current Guardian

Personality: Magog is a bit of an imposing figure, most still see him as a villain and an animal. The sad part is that they wouldn't be far from the truth. The man is rarely logical, he is brash and ruthless. Yet he does seem to have more of a conscious than he did before, though not by much. He is a testament to the belief that with enough effort even the most viscous of criminals can be rehabilitated.

History: Marcus was born is Moscow Russia under poor circumstances. His father was a war veteran from world war 2 who became bitter and cruel after witnessing the horrors of war. His mother tried to leave with Marcus when he was a very young man but his father killed her in a blind drunken fury. He was put in prison shortly afterwards and Marcus was put into "the system". Living as an orphan he was often bullied and teased about his abnormal size. When he responded with violence he was punished with isolation.

When he reached the age of eighteen he joined the Russian military. Quickly climbing through the ranks due to the remarkable achievements that he made while fighting in the secret wars of his nation. However he left the military when he saw himself becoming his father, even he was not immune to the horrors of war it seemed. He became a freedom fighter for his people and was quickly branded a terrorist as he used his military knowledge and skills to attack his own government.

That all changed on December 15 2003. The Russian government had attained a large supply of the modified alpha serum. In an effort to prevent them from rising in power Marcus stole the supply and attempted to flee. However he didn't move fast enough, pinned down with no hope of escape he made a difficult choice. He took all of the serum, meant to be used on 1000 soldiers. For a brief moment he was granted power beyond imagination. The soldiers who pursued him had no chance at all, he eliminated all 34 of them in under a minute. After this he retreated to his hideout, however the serum wasn't without it's effects. Marcus overdosed on it and his mind was fragmented, he became violent and very dangerous. Thus Magog was born.

After many years of The Guardians and him making headlines with their Titanic battles he finally recovered partly from his mental trauma. While he still suffers from mood swings and a deep seeded hatred of governments. He has at least recovered enough to be able to be a decent member of society. The guardians allowed him into their ranks to show that even the worst of villains can change their ways.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Super Strength- Magog is easily one of the physically strongest beings on Earth. He can lift over 1 million tons, and almost nothing can withstand his assault for long.

Invulnerability- The biggest obstacle to overcome when dealing with Magog is his insane resistance to damage, even a nuclear blast doesn't seem to be enough to put him down though it does cause him extreme pain.

Combat training: Magog served the Russian military for 6 years before he turned against them. He continued to fight against them for nearly ten years afterwards, following that he battled with heroes and villains alike. He is a very versatile fighter having mastery of many forms of hand to hand combat, firearms, and explosives. Even strategic and psychological warfare isn't lost to him.

Extra: the blood red coloration of his eyes is a side effect of his initial overdose, they also help to intimidate his enemies.

I'm sorry to hear that, was it storm trouble?

Sort of?
But it has nothing to do with what's going on in the states right now. I live in canada.
Back in May we had a really bad rainstorm and the basement flooded so he's been using the event to get some long awaited renovations and repairs going. I'm hoping he'll finish this week.

But, my power is back on now.
I'm just making up a character right now. I'll post in a bit!

f9aa6ce9d49ccd90777dc400ea63e888--conceptual-art-digital-illustration.jpg

Name: James Calderan

Alias: Sir Cosmic

Affiliation: Guardian- Current leader.

Personality: James is usually calm and happy most of the world views him as the hope of the world. Yet he is remarkably humble often putting others in the limelight and avoiding it himself. He goes out of his way to help others with seemingly no regard for himself. Yet he is not a man without flaws, his idealistic views often seem to brand him as naive and childish. He is often described as an "all or nothing" type of man.

History: Unknown (plot reasons. if your curious and can keep a secret Pm me and I'll let you know.)

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Light manipulation- James has the power to manipulate light in a wide variety of ways. From creating incredibly convincing illusions, unleashing searing beams of light, creating hardlight constructs, even transforming himself into light for fast travel, or absorbing natural light to gain minor boosts to his physical attributes.

Power mastery- while James isn't very skilled as a soldier, he has remarkable control over his abilites, and a deep understanding of his own limits. His mastery goes deep enough to allow him to train others in the usage of powers that are completely different than his.

Leadership- James is very adept at realizing the strengths and weaknesses of his allies and enemies. In addition his understanding of strategy is just as impressive as his understanding of his powers. Unlike most leaders, he made no attempt to take the position instead he was voted in by his allies and he accepted the responsibility with open arms.

Extra:
James actually wears a costume which is quite well made, the suit is bulletproof (still hurts like hell to be shot) and his helmet has internal communication technology and is able to resist most forms of trauma. The mirror like substance that the suit is made of allows him to easily alter it's appearance using light.
02.jpg

He has also made a point to reveal the nature of his powers to no one, many have no idea what his actual abilities are and assume he just uses technology, while others think it's magic.

Last edited:
Name: Evelynn Chambers

Alias: Eve

Affiliation: European

Personality: She's gracile, and initially is seen as soft spoken. Eve is calm a majority of the time and for good reason. When she experiences intense emotions her abilities become harder for her to control.

History: Evelynn was part of an experiment revolving around the alpha serum. A group of scientists tried to use it to create stronger individuals with more and better capabilities. Most of the people involved didn't make it past the first round but for those who did to the dismay of the scientists had hardly any advances at all. Really they were simply more dangerous because they had essentially created human bombs. These people had abilities that were harder to control and were based around various types of energy. When one begins to lose control they essentially begin to form a human black hole, sucking everything in. Sooner or later the human black hole explodes on a nuclear level leaving nothing behind but the shell of a person.

She doesn't know too much about her upbringing outside of the labs that she grew up in. She was sure that at least one, if not both, of her parents were scientists involved in the experiment but after one child leveled the whole building there was no one left but the "bombs" as they were dubbed.

Since then she was taken in by the guardians and went through rigorous training to control and harness her powers while most of the other explosion children got swept up in the fast pace world of crime and villianry.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: She can take in various types of energy (radiation, nuclear,etc) and is able to convert it to a usable pure energy. This energy allows her ability to "fly" (As in she can force it out her hands which act with enough force to lift her from the ground, without gravity to something to resist on it's useless). Evelynn is also able to produce these energy balls that she can throw or strike people with. They act more like an extension of a fist then anything extreme. She's proficient at hand-to-hand combat due to her advanced mixed martial arts training however she is no master and is still capable of making mistakes. If the situation calls for it she is also able to release a huge burst of energy similar to the human blackhole blow up that can occur but obviously on a much smaller level. After doing this though she's typically left in a weakened state for multiple days.

behind_shadows_by_nocturny-d7htbf3.jpg

Last edited:

Personality: She's gracile, and initially is seen as soft spoken. Eve is calm a majority of the time and for good reason. When she experiences intense emotions her abilities become harder for her to control.

History: Evelynn was part of an experiment revolving around the alpha serum. A group of scientists tried to use it to create stronger individuals with more and better capabilities. Most of the people involved didn't make it past the first round but for those who did to the dismay of the scientists had hardly any advances at all. Really they were simply more dangerous because they had essentially created human bombs. These people had abilities that were harder to control and were based around various types of energy. When one begins to lose control they essentially begin to form a human black hole, sucking everything in. Sooner or later the human black hole explodes on a nuclear level leaving nothing behind but the shell of a person.

She doesn't know too much about her upbringing outside of the labs that she grew up in. She was sure that at least one, if not both, of her parents were scientists involved in the experiment but after one child leveled the whole building there was no one left but the "bombs" as they were dubbed.

Since then she was taken in by the guardians and went through rigorous training to control and harness her powers while most of the other explosion children got swept up in the fast pace world of crime and villianry.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: She can take in various types of energy (radiation, nuclear,etc) and is able to convert it to a usable pure energy. This energy allows her ability to "fly" (As in she can force it out her hands which act with enough force to lift her from the ground, without gravity to something to resist on it's useless). Evelynn is also able to produce these energy balls that she can throw or strike people with. They act more like an extension of a fist then anything extreme. She's proficient at hand-to-hand combat due to her advanced mixed martial arts training however she is no master and is still capable of making mistakes. If the situation calls for it she is also able to release a huge burst of energy similar to the human blackhole blow up that can occur but obviously on a much smaller level. After doing this though she's typically left in a weakened state for multiple days.

(I just need to find a picture that I like)
Awesome I like it we needed a cannon type character :)

Thank you! I wasn't too sure if you'd be into the whole "my character might explode and kill everyone" thing, but I think it makes it a bit more exciting

Thank you! I wasn't too sure if you'd be into the whole "my character might explode and kill everyone" thing, but I think it makes it a bit more exciting
I agree. And her power is still within the limits of city buster if she's a nuclear bomb so it's all fine and dandy :)

I agree. And her power is still within the limits of city buster if she's a nuclear bomb so it's all fine and dandy :)

Yeah, like her purposeful burst of energy can cover like a warehouse kind of space. But if she loses control and goes boom (which basically kills her) it would be a couple blocks. So enough to cause a stir, not a disaster.

Yeah, like her purposeful burst of energy can cover like a warehouse kind of space. But if she loses control and goes boom (which basically kills her) it would be a couple blocks. So enough to cause a stir, not a disaster.
That's good. My two are done, I might introduce one more later in the story.
If you know anyone who'd be interested in this let me know.

That's good. My two are done, I might introduce one more later in the story.
If you know anyone who'd be interested in this let me know.
As I'be said, I'm interested. I can't post my character since I'm on my phone and the keyboard is garbage. This does look really interesting, and I'm excited for this.

As I'be said, I'm interested. I can't post my character since I'm on my phone and the keyboard is garbage. This does look really interesting, and I'm excited for this.
I know you are Rusty but with me Vanessaaah and you that gives us three. I need one or two more before I post the main thread and start the story off. :) Though I do look forward to seeing what you throw out there.

behind_shadows_by_nocturny-d7htbf3.jpg
Oh my Rao, she's amazing. She kind of reminds me of one of my favorite heroes, Firestorm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back