• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Argos, Planet of Riches (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The year is 21210 GST (Galactic Standard Time), on the planet Argos, a location famed across the Intergalactic Union of Nations. A place where anything, and everything, can be found. The saying goes, if you can make it on Argos, then the universe will be at your grasp. But, due to its proximity to The Imperial Sanctum, the Capital planet of the IUN's largest member Nation, Argos is also home to the Largest Citadel of the Imperial Legion, who make sure everything is up to par and legal. At least, on the surface. There's no telling what goes on in the greasy slums and underbelly of the Planet wide Mega-Mall that is Argos.

Will you make a name for yourself, or be lost to time? Only Time knows.

~~~~

Any and all OOC chatter that does not pertain to Character creation goes here please.

Well, Futuristic doesn't exactly equal Cyberpunk, but yes... The term does technically fit.

Would be nice if you interlink the threads in the first post, so in every thread you have links to the others

That's fair. How so do you wish for me to do such? I can try to write up an opening post for my two characters, if that helps.

Well, could be a start, but i was thinking about some world building first, you know, to get a feeling, a picture of the atmosphere, what are we working for. Are there flying cars or we still grounded. Do we have lasers and holograms, or we are still using monitors, that kind of stuff...

Yeah, I'll be working on that when I can, that's mostly what the post on the CS thread is for.
As a basis, Technology is WAY past the level it's at in Star Trek. It's Nanopunk level, not Cyberpunk. There's FTL travel powerful enough to traverse galaxies, Multiple Dyson Spheres scattered about. Penrose Spheres, Sentient Synths, Hard-Light Holograms that are interactive, etc etc.

As a note, while the main three "Factions" are called as such, they are not exactly strict singular organizations, except of course, the Imperial Legion, which the heads of (The Fleet Admirals) answer only to the Imperial family. For instance, the top of The Trader's League consists of the CEOs of the top three Mega-Corporations in the IUN. Of which, the Corporation Oktober Industries, holds the highest level of influence on Argos, as they're the ones who fronted the costs of turning Argos into the Planet-wide market/mall that it is today.

I posted, and, i am not gonna lie, I was about to write a text wall, and then I just realized I shouldn't, so I continued with making it more condensed. But that's not what I want to mention. The format and the premise of the RP means you can basically keep it going on forever, as long as there are people. You see. This is a mall... It is a witness of stories, some remembered some forgotten. You can keep recruiting, and it doesn't matter when or where people come and go, their contribution still counts, even if they post only once...

I posted, and, i am not gonna lie, I was about to write a text wall, and then I just realized I shouldn't, so I continued with making it more condensed. But that's not what I want to mention. The format and the premise of the RP means you can basically keep it going on forever, as long as there are people. You see. This is a mall... It is a witness of stories, some remembered some forgotten. You can keep recruiting, and it doesn't matter when or where people come and go, their contribution still counts, even if they post only once...

That's kind of the premise I go with for a lot of my RPs, even when I DM for Dungeons & Dragons campaigns. This style sort of evolved over time, as the need arose due to there occasionally being long period of time where I won't pop up. Yes, I control the world itself as the Game Master, but that's about it. I make the setting, the players "live" in it. Take a look at a lot of the interest threads I've done on this site alone. The vast majority of them talk about "The World/Setting" instead of the plot. Yes, occasionally there will be a public overarching plot, but usually, there won't be one. Which, I suppose confuses a lot of people here, due to the larger RPs tending to be Story-based instead of setting-based.

Oh also, as a little heads up, I actually limit people to two active characters at once at first, to give people time to interact with others at least once. I've seen far too many RPs die, because a minority of the players held the majority of the characters. I didn't flag you or mention this sooner, because your four characters actually fit under my rule. I define "Active" characters as characters you're planning on using often, that is actively. "Supporting Characters" that you (the general you, not the specific one.) aren't planning on using often, aren't considered Active characters because of this.

Yeah, I usually do that, most of the time I play one main, and others supporting, but sometimes I get confused, that's why I put them as a CS, so I don't mistake who is who. But I might drop the second one, he is there to drive a plot point for my main, but I will keep that for the future. Just hope this goes somewhere...

As do I. I'll wait until either tomorrow, or another person posts, before I make a second proper post. Which ever one comes first.

Inkstone Inkstone Gegawat Gegawat
Hey, sorry I haven't been fairly active with the RP. I'm extremely busy Mon ~ Fri due to my Youtube/Twitch taking up most of my time. I will try to post at least once a day from now on though.

Hey friends, just letting you know I'm alive but I have had no energy for writing because of an intense work weekend ^^;

I do still want to get this going and I will try to get a post up within the next day

Hey friends, just letting you know I'm alive but I have had no energy for writing because of an intense work weekend ^^;

I do still want to get this going and I will try to get a post up within the next day

It's fine, thank you for the update. So long as you plan on posting eventually, I won't count you as having left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back