Video Games Are Social MMORPGs even good anymore?

The Golden General

The "Leader" of the ROBLOX Immmigrants
I mean look what happened to them within the decade.
Toontown: Closed
Club Penguin: Closed
ROBLOX and basically the rest of the SMMORPG world: Gradually slipped away from the genre purpose and became cash cows.
Are they even relevant anymore?

Nope, video games in general that aren't polish or japanese or something are going to shit.
Can't tell if troll or weeb trash.

That said, toontown has a private server that works fine to my knowledge. Nothing wrong with Roblox either. I still hop on every one in a while to mess around with friends.

ROBLOX and basically the rest of the SMMORPG world: Gradually slipped away from the genre purpose and became cash cows.

They're relevant if you find a group to play with. Frankly, I don't play MMOs anymore, but what I usually do to keep them socially entertaining is to find a group via forums/reddit.

They're relevant if you find a group to play with. Frankly, I don't play MMOs anymore, but what I usually do to keep them socially entertaining is to find a group via forums/reddit.
Here's the problem.
ROBLOX in general is getting stale and so is the Social MMORPG world. They seem to not take the social part anymore and act more like a buisness.

Here's the problem.
ROBLOX in general is getting stale and so is the Social MMORPG world. They seem to not take the social part anymore and act more like a buisness.
They ARE businesses. What did you expect?

They are a corporation, hence "ROBLOX Corporation" with their wallets first and their customers last. Like every other capitalistic piece of trash.

MMO's are social at their very core. The point of wow was to get together with freinds and kill stuff, fight bosses and get loot. To join guilds, join forums and voice/text chat. To enter guild wars and become the best with a group of friends lol.

What makes an mmo, more social than the already social mmorpgs in general?

You can basically count is as one as there are many games.
*goes on roblox* jump scare, jump scare, town game, roleplay game that has almost no Roleplaying since no one is talking to each other. I don't know man. I think I'm just looking at the wrong stuff or something. (There are very few roblox games that have kept they're interest)

*goes on roblox* jump scare, jump scare, town game, roleplay game that has almost no Roleplaying since no one is talking to each other. I don't know man. I think I'm just looking at the wrong stuff or something. (There are very few roblox games that have kept they're interest)
Welcome to ROBLOX since... forever I guess. I guess ROBLOX is debatable if it's good or not. It really depends on your point of view.

Welcome to ROBLOX since... forever I guess. I guess ROBLOX is debatable if it's good or not. It really depends on your point of view.
It really depends on what games your playing. You have games made by people with little to no skill next to huge games that took years to make and have more fun and complicated mechanics than there are colors. And then there are the simple yet fun ones like natural disaster survival. I honestly haven't been on rob,or much since my computer broke.

Second Life, and no, it's not just furries, sex, and strip clubs. That being said even though there's approximately 800,000 monthly users the grid can feel empty at times so you either have to wait for an event, ask people to find popular places or go find them yourself.

I actually find that most if not all mmorpg's are social! The main issue that I've had with the social aspect of mmorpg's is that it's hard to find casual players that are willing to have conversations beyond "how do I quest ___" or "omg It's going to take me forever to get [insert rare item]"

I actually find that most if not all mmorpg's are social! The main issue that I've had with the social aspect of mmorpg's is that it's hard to find casual players that are willing to have conversations beyond "how do I quest ___" or "omg It's going to take me forever to get [insert rare item]"
What about the jerks who berate you for being casual? Those guys are the worst.

A few 'good' MMORPG's I've played are WoW and FFXIV.

but eeh, shit happened, FFXIV's subscription price went up, and WoW screwed up with WoD. Legion was pretty good but eh, can't see what's going to happen in the future, we already have OP as shit weapons. Can't see where WoW will go in the future.

I was never really into those types of MMO's. I usually stick to large scale like FFXIV and WoW style games but even then, the community in video games are quickly going down hill. Once upon a time, you could start random conversations with people and make friends that would play with you any time you logged on. With the direction games are going though, most are solo-player MMO's with group events (dungeons, raids, bosses, etc.). So people are becoming more anti-social. FFXIV is still leaps better in terms of community, ESO isn't too far behind. Most people stay in their guilds though. WoW? Forget about that community.

I still play MMOs. I was never into the pay-to-play kind like WoW, but I like Maplestory. The art is super fun and pixelated, plus the bgm is really good. Not to mention that the events make it so that free players still get some pretty good gear too. All you really have to do is start a conversation, offer some help, or do PQs (party quests) to find some friends. :)

I have yet to find an MMO that I've liked in a long time. The first one I ever played was Aika Online, made quite a few friends on there and haven't found an MMO that I've liked since. Black Desert looks like it'll be interesting but I've yet to try it.

I mean, it's on the decline but if you can stand the grinding/farming try Spiral Knights.
Nice little MMORPG until its developer was bought out by SEGA, then handed out to another dev.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back