• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Aporia

Shabazz

APORIA ─ an irresolvable internal contradiction
TLDR; (I put this in front cuz it's a lot to read) This is a grand Space Opera type of role play, with massive space ships and interplanetary battles. It's also an allegory of our current political situation. The role play will be about our solar system which goes to shit and now there are terrorist groups and Interplanetary Pacts and Rebel Sects and no order, which is the only thing that drives the progress of mankind. Expect to be playing either as a soldier in a military, such as a Pilot or a Marine OR as a Politician in control of one of the self-governing bodies. To be honest, I had this big idea and I have no idea where I want to go with it so I need some people to help me out with plot and stuff.
Introduction
latest
In the year 2476, the political climate is hot. Mankind, under the rule of The Terran Federation, has spent the last four centuries colonizing The Sol System; from the dry sands of Mercury to the ice sheets of Pluto. But, the Terrans couldn't have done it without the help of a very special scientist: Rüdiger Von Strauss. In the year 2050, the man invented the Light Drive, which made travelling from Earth to Pluto as fast as a plane flight from London to Tokyo. This advanced humanities knowledge by centuries all at once and deepened its thirst for expansion beyond the Moon. And, now, the colonized worlds' unrest is beginning. Rebel groups started popping up recently and, without warning, destroying satellites and Federal Outposts, killing innocent civilians in the process. One such attack, orchestrated by the Jovian Union of National Extremists (JUNE), was the tipping point for all out civil war.
Rebellion
676809.jpg

On August 1st, 2476, an organized assault was launched by JUNE on Europa station, orbiting the planet Jupiter. The Federation had no choice but to declare Martial Law among its colonies, which couldn't have resulted worse. Piece by piece, sections of the Sol System started to break off into their own governments. The Jovian Alliance was formed, consisting of Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus, along with their moons. The Dwarven Confederacy, consisting of Pluto and it's many neighbors in the Kuiper Belt, was the second group to be formed. Following them, the Colonized Asteroid Belt broke off and formed a ring of pirate fleets that travel the System. Without the order and the peace that once was, how was the human race going to make any progress? It couldn't.

The worlds of The Sol System are now in a deadlock, where no further progress is possible and the interlocutors feel less sure of their beliefs than they had at the start.

2857676-TUZZCDMQ-7.jpg

Hey guys, thanks for showing interest. Sorry I've been away but I just wrote up some Lore for the Universe of this rp. I know it's not much, I'm working on adding a few more Factions and creating some races but I'm super tired rn so I'll do it tomorrow. I want your feedback anyways, so if you could tell me what you like and what you want me to add I'll definitely do that. Also if you want to create a faction or a race of your own just let me know!

LINK: Encyclopedia Novata

Users who are viewing this thread

Back