• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Apocalypse Badlands

Apocalypse Badlands is set in Canada after a nuclear war that took place in 2065, it was a part of WW3 and every city was nuked, few survived. 300 years later everyone is fighting for control and survival, and few people are peaceful or willing to work with others. Mutated forms of almost every animal has been created, and not one is intelligent but the Homo Sapiens mutant called the Ghoul, half zombified people that never age or catch diseases, but are incredibly weakened due to a loss of skin and lowered intelligence from radiation. This roleplay has no plot but instead it is freeplay, the only rule being we have to vote on where in Canada we all meet at first. Hope to see you all soon!

Thanks to Fallout for the inspiration!
file-20181214-185258-11vnf4s.jpg

R (2).png

lol

I'm tentatively interested. A lot of it depends on whether the RPs I've committed to fall through or not. They are all in a bit of a transitionary phase at the moment.

Last edited:
I won't let this stall, this roleplay will continue for a good long while assuming everyone in the RP doesn't stall either

Also if you wanna post a CS here you can use any type of CS sheet you like. Just try to keep it detailed and don't worry if it's too OP. Your welcome to join the roleplay and I will post a RP forum when you post a CS. Welcome Murdergurl Murdergurl

I won't let this stall, this roleplay will continue for a good long while assuming everyone in the RP doesn't stall either

Also if you wanna post a CS here you can use any type of CS sheet you like. Just try to keep it detailed and don't worry if it's too OP. Your welcome to join the roleplay and I will post a RP forum when you post a CS. Welcome Murdergurl Murdergurl
would you be open to me roleplaying as a raider?
Also, I know next to nothing about Canada, except that y'all really like Maple Syrup, have a great healthcare system, Public signs have to be in English and French, and for some reason Punkers flock to Montreal. So my vote on where we start will be totally uninformed.

Also, Canadian Bacon is just round Ham

Last edited:
I'm also interested! I'm just wondering, are all of our characters going to be Ghouls, or will some still be human?

Thank you! I just wanted to clarify before I put any characters forward! c:

Name: Colonel Jagarn
Race: Ghoul
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 214 lbs

Background
Jagarn was an old veteran who fought in many proxy wars and even parts of WW3, he had fought for the United States for a long time, but when WW3 came, only after a few battles had been fought, he deserted to Canada, not wanting to fight when he was 80, he already had PTSD and wanted to get away from warfare before he died of old age. When he deserted his friends kept it a secret and claimed he was dead, everyone agreed and soon forgot about him. Jagarn was a Colonel when he deserted, having fought all the way from Private rank to the Officer he was. He was living peacefully in Canada for about a year. But then the bombs fell, he was working in a factory when the alarm sounded, still having to work for money not having enough for retirement. He hid in the lowest basement and had to kill others to get through security to the deepest part of the area where the bosses were hiding. He regretted killing them, and it only added to the PTSD and the amount of violence he had had to go through. When he was fighting with the bosses since he broke into the safehaven, the bombs were heard crashing into the Earth. the building nearly collapsed. Everyone in the building died of radiation sickness but him, and Jagarn was now a Ghoul. Jagarn didn't know what to do until he heard about a raider gang called the Slitters. He soon joined them, but he was often betrayed by the Slitters as they would steal his things. He eventually had enough and left to be a lone raider. He has been a lone raider for 200 years and the Slitter gang has started to remember him, and they do not want competition. So Jagarn is now being hunted.
Screenshot 2021-11-04 8.15.42 AM.png
(credit given to Hero Forge)

Miaow Miaow you are free to make a character, it would be nice if the character somehow connected to Slitter gang or one of the characters so it would make sense for us to meet up. Also another rule no killing player characters. Have fun!

7a857ed8d4be6ee7fde577b96c51df88.jpg
Given name: Miyu
Family Name: Nagase
Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'1"
Build: Slim, petite build
Eye colour: Dark brown
Hair colour: Black
Backstory: Miyu was born into a family that was already part of the Skitter gang, though her mother died of an infection due to her birth. Her father blamed her for this despite her infancy, actively neglecting her in her childhood. She did, however, have an older brother. Haruto was already ten years old when Miyu was born and made sure she was clean, fed and aptly hydrated when she needed it.

Their father was one of the men who died from drinking the tainted water. Despite his neglect, Haruto was still distraught, determined he would never let this happen to his family again. He was an avid biologist, always reading textbooks he found while on scavenging trips. He found a particular interest in the way E coli. could repair itself after intense doses of radiation and hoarded research papers on the topic. If bacteria could heal this way, could humans, too?

He began his experiments on his sister without her knowledge, micro-dosing her food and water with radioactive material. At first, she got sicker, struggling to eat and feeling nauseous after meals. Her skin began to bruise easier, she was exhausted, she even experienced a few seizures... but after this, her tolerance for radiation improved. The same doses he had given her at the beginning had no effect. He continued this, determined to make her close to immune. However, she experienced some long-term side effects, including her vision and hearing deteriorating.

Miyu eventually found out about his experiments and was understandably upset. Her vision was blurred, her hearing was muffled, all because he had a theory he wanted to test. She decided she wanted to go her own way, she's just waiting for an opportunity to leave.

I don't know much about Canadian geography so Vancouver is fine by me! c:

Here's the roleplay forum, have fun, and I made sure to incorporate the other characters in my actions in some way Miaow Miaow Murdergurl Murdergurl have fun!

Not advertising Hero Forge its just the website I made the character picture on so I'm giving it credit.
I use Heroforge for some of my characters as well. Like THIS one for instance. Great site. I've followed them for years. Way back when they had a lot less options. T You couldn't even custom pose or color them, and they had way less races.

Also Colonel Autumn Colonel Autumn ...tbh, I'm a little lost with what's going on in the IIC post. But I'll work on an intro post for MC later tonight

I should let you know that my post rate is not one that will have me doing multiple instances in a day. I can't even guarantee that I will do one everyday. If that is the rate that you are aiming for in this RP, then it probably isnt for me. I can promise a couple of entries a week. Every other day or two. But I absolutely do not make multiple posts a day. That being said, my posts will be multi-para. Usually upwards of 500 words.

Here's an example of some of my better work:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back