Other Anyone remember AOL RP Chatrooms?

I remember being in the YIM RP rooms and avoiding bots and pervs to land some pretty solid partners. I’ve come to realize how much time I lost in my teenage years due to RP but I guess it did keep me out of trouble. 🤷‍♂️

I do miss just jumping on, posting a vague plot from a TV show or movie and getting some hits. Now, 50,000 people used to live here…. Now it’s a ghost town. Lol.

oh man do i ever xD AIM and MSN groups were so good back in the day, whenever i was allowed on the computer that was my go to. i cringe to think of how many creeps i interacted with but i still have fond memories of the wild west of text creativity

<p>

Not sure if I am really dating myself here, but did anyone else used to go to the AOL Chatrooms and frequent the Roleplay based rooms that existed (ex: Red Dragon Inn, The Forest, All Creatures Tavern). I used to spend hours in those and got to meet so many good role players. I got bummed when they kind of fizzled out and became absolutely no more.

</p>
Yes! I am looking for some AOL type of roleplay! It was a blast back in the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back