• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Anyone Interested in an epidemic outbreak/apocalyptic RP?

Would You Join this RP?

• Yes, I already have an idea for a character!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure. I can come up with some stuff.

• I don't know, I will want to read more about it

• No, I don't like zombies/infected RPs

• Try another forum! (me: which one? =O)

• Total voters

Stormee Fae

Hello!

I don't know if this is the right thread to post it on. I wanted to start an epidemic apocalypse roleplay where the survivors who joined all are pursuing their own method of survival in the world. It is modern America, just post apocalyptic. Would people be interested in joining this. This would be the starting plot:

PLOT

"The first cases of the flu season of 2016 have been reported. Remember everyone to get over to your local clinic and get you and your children protected for the upcoming winter months."

The first cases of flu were the usual ones reported every year before: fever for 3-7 days, nausea for 2-5, aches, pains, fatigue, coughing that can last up to 4 weeks after first infection.

"We have news of he first fatal flue case of the 2016 flue season. A 67 year old retired teacher from Newton, Pennsylvania."

The first to pass from the virus were the immune compromised: small children, the sick, and the elderly. However, more shocking deaths began to appear as the figures doubled from the previous year.

"Fatal cases of the H1N3 virus has increased by 250% in the last month from last years numbers. It is important to know what steps to take to prevent outbreaks in your family. Stay tuned for a special, instructional announcement from a retired CDC virologist at 6."

A new symptom appeared in the next month, those who fell ill and did not perish went into a coma state.

"Is this a new virus?" the reports asked, "A new form of influenza which is putting those it infects into a coma? And what is the CDC and FEMA gearing up for? More on that tonight on the evening news."

From there, everything seemed to happen at once. The reports of wild behavior linked to the virus began in northern Africa and then in a matter of weeks, it was here on the mainland U.S. People questioned if it was even an influenza virus at all.

The U.S. military launched into action and set up camps in nearly every city in infected areas. Quarantine zones erupted as a desperate attempt to choke the outbreak and gain control. Flyers were posted everywhere, in every business, on every street corner giving professional instruction to the people:

1. Carry anti-bacterial wash on hand and use frequently

2. Wear masks when going into populated areas

3. Use plastic to block windows and vents in your home.

4. Use the plastic to create a sanitation chamber in the entryway of your home.

5. Report symptoms to the CDC.

Soon the flyers changed from the mindset of prevention to infection: Do not attempt to contact any infected or exposed individuals. If yourself or someone you know has contact with an infected individual or shows symptoms:

1. Most important to make sure they or yourself remain calm.

2. Express the importance of quarantine to everyone's safety.

3. Quarantine infected individual and do not make contact with any uninfected individuals

4. Call the Emergency Disease Relief Outreach hotline and await further instructions.

Then, to survival as the final instructions were released before the Silence:

1. Stock up on non-perishable foods and bottled water.

2. Seek shelter in a windowless room and barricade all entrances/exits

3. tape plastic over all vents or potential air ways.

4. Listen to the FEMA hotline for further instruction from evacuation centers near you.

5. Arm yourself.

6. Be ready to leave to a safe center if instructed.

Let me know if you are interested in the comments below and if you'd be willing to join the RP! If so I will make the RP tonight after work and post the link in the comments! <3 It would be a casual RP.

Sweet! I have not heard of Station Eleven but I googled it... it sounds awesome. xD

I am going go ahead and start to make the thread. :3 Don't know if I'll finish it tonight, but I will get working on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back