Video Games Anyone here play Farming and Life Sims?

SakuraMochi

They're honestly my favourite genre of game. If you enjoy them, which ones have been your favourite? Least?

Personally, I loved Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade as well as the first Story of Seasons. I also, of course, have to give Stardew Valley credit where it's due! I also think Littlewood deserves an hournarable mention since I don't see anyone mention it like ever.

I honestly found Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town disappointing. The world felt small, and the love interests felt uninspired. I also haven't enjoyed any Harvest Moon titles since The Lost Valley.

Omg! Animal Parade is my favorite Harvest Moon game ever! <3 The newer ones (including Story of Seasons) just don't hit the same for me. Other games in the genre I've enjoyed are Slime Rancher, Cozy Grove, Little Dragon's Cafe, Paleo Pines, Animal Crossing, and My Time At Portia! I've also dabbled in a handful of others like Rune Factory, Stardew Valley, Garden Paws, and Dreamlight Valley. So, uh, yeah, clearly I also enjoy this genre quite a bit! 😆

Oh, and I backed Puffpals Island Skies back when it was on Kickstarter! Same with Coral Island, though I've yet to play it (I'm absolutely devastated the beautiful merman didn't become romanceable). Other games on my radar are Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, Tales of Seikyu, Sun Haven, Kitaria Fables, and maybe Fae Farm? Though I'm curious about Littlewood now that've you've mentioned it! 👀

Super fair. I want an AP remake so bad I miss my boy Gil so much. I love rune factory too, as I like non-cozy gaming too and it blends an rpg inrrally well. I want to continue RF5 but I never seem to make the time.

I want coral island so bad. I've heard good things! I honestly haven't heard as good things about Sun Haven or Fae Farm which is super disappointing to me as I was hype for them both
Omg! Animal Parade is my favorite Harvest Moon game ever! <3 The newer ones (including Story of Seasons) just don't hit the same for me. Other games in the genre I've enjoyed are Slime Rancher, Cozy Grove, Little Dragon's Cafe, Paleo Pines, Animal Crossing, and My Time At Portia! I've also dabbled in a handful of others like Rune Factory, Stardew Valley, Garden Paws, and Dreamlight Valley. So, uh, yeah, clearly I also enjoy this genre quite a bit! 😆

Oh, and I backed Puffpals Island Skies back when it was on Kickstarter! Same with Coral Island, though I've yet to play it (I'm absolutely devastated the beautiful merman didn't become romanceable). Other games on my radar are Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, Tales of Seikyu, Sun Haven, Kitaria Fables, and maybe Fae Farm? Though I'm curious about Littlewood now that've you've mentioned it! 👀

AAH yes yes yes. I am obsessed with these little gems. Harvest moon was my jam ever since I was a kid. Loved 64 and magical melody the most out of the ones I played. I think I've played Gameboy harvest moon 1 2, and 3, 64, magical melody, Another wonderful life, Tree of Tranquility.... what else? Oh Stardew valley and Littlewood are on the list of played as well. both cute games. Though my favorite is Rune factory. I especially love Rune Factory 4. I played that one to death.

AAH yes yes yes. I am obsessed with these little gems. Harvest moon was my jam ever since I was a kid. Loved 64 and magical melody the most out of the ones I played. I think I've played Gameboy harvest moon 1 2, and 3, 64, magical melody, Another wonderful life, Tree of Tranquility.... what else? Oh Stardew valley and Littlewood are on the list of played as well. both cute games. Though my favorite is Rune factory. I especially love Rune Factory 4. I played that one to death.
Magical Melody is honestly underrated. I miss the rival farmer thing, and the sense of purpose and story with the notes was fantastic.

I LOVE RF4. I played it to death on 3DS and again with the switch remaster. Never did manage to trigger act 3 or the marriage events tho cry

Magical Melody is honestly underrated. I miss the rival farmer thing, and the sense of purpose and story with the notes was fantastic.

I LOVE RF4. I played it to death on 3DS and again with the switch remaster. Never did manage to trigger act 3 or the marriage events tho cry

Yay! yes so true I always end up restarting before I marry for some reason xD I plan to eventually get that far. I always pick Dolce too. She's just to perfect not to. I end up picking male even though I'm female a lot just for that reason.

Also was really sad when Vic mignognia was fired and not able to do the remake after his mistakes. He did an excellent voice for the character too.

Yay! yes so true I always end up restarting before I marry for some reason xD I plan to eventually get that far. I always pick Dolce too. She's just to perfect not to. I end up picking male even though I'm female a lot just for that reason.

Also was really sad when Vic mignognia was fired and not able to do the remake after his mistakes. He did an excellent voice for the character too.
Valid. Dolce is actually fantastic and one of my favourotes. I woupd make her flan daily. For me it never triggered for the right person as I initially dated a few of them at once rip. I love many of the love interests so I didn't mind playing as a girl (I also don't feel connected to my character if it's a boy weirdly?) but not being able to marry Forte broke my heart because she is honestly the love of my life.

I only remember that vaguely. At the very least the new VA still did a good job!

(If. If you wanna talk more about the game my dms are open but if not that's ok too fosndnd 👉👈)

I played Farm Together on the Nintendo Switch, does that count? I think it's a Farming Sim... I also enjoy Sims 4 (although I need to update my mods for that). I love gardening and fishing in it, and playing dress-up with custom content clothing.

I played Farm Together on the Nintendo Switch, does that count? I think it's a Farming Sim... I also enjoy Sims 4 (although I need to update my mods for that). I love gardening and fishing in it, and playing dress-up with custom content clothing.

Nice! The Sims is a total classic. I didn't get as into the Sims 4 but I played the absolute life out of 3!

I've played so many of the harvest moon/story of seasons games. (I tried Natsumes Winds of Anthos but I've never seen a lazier pc port in my life... Lol??? Not to mention all the cookie cutter assets.)

Innocent Life is my favorite among the SoS titles which I know is the black sheep. I also loved Tree of Tranquility. (I felt like ap charicaturized the cast and made things way too simple/slow) Back to Nature, Stardew Valley, Magical Melody were some other stand outs.

Sakuna was super addicting to me I had a blast with that one!

I've played so many of the harvest moon/story of seasons games. (I tried Natsumes Winds of Anthos but I've never seen a lazier pc port in my life... Lol??? Not to mention all the cookie cutter assets.)

Innocent Life is my favorite among the SoS titles which I know is the black sheep. I also loved Tree of Tranquility. (I felt like ap charicaturized the cast and made things way too simple/slow) Back to Nature, Stardew Valley, Magical Melody were some other stand outs.

Sakuna was super addicting to me I had a blast with that one!
Every harvest moon since the hm/SOS split has seemed absolutely shit to me. I tried light of hope as well as beautiful world because I found them on sale and I think I got like. Max 1 season in either if that.

I've only heard good things, but never played Innocent Life myself. ToT though? My favourite Harvest Moon or Story of Seasons to date no question. The chill vibe and characters are both immaculate. I agree that a lot of the charm was lost in smoothing out the edges for Animal Parade.

I loved a lot of the mechanics in MM! I think the artstyle prevented me from getting as invested in the characters though tbh... which I guess I my own problem though.

Every harvest moon since the hm/SOS split has seemed absolutely shit to me. I tried light of hope as well as beautiful world because I found them on sale and I think I got like. Max 1 season in either if that.

I've only heard good things, but never played Innocent Life myself. ToT though? My favourite Harvest Moon or Story of Seasons to date no question. The chill vibe and characters are both immaculate. I agree that a lot of the charm was lost in smoothing out the edges for Animal Parade.

I loved a lot of the mechanics in MM! I think the artstyle prevented me from getting as invested in the characters though tbh... which I guess I my own problem though.

Natsume has always kinda cut corners and done the bare minimum so I never had faith in their own developed games. They didn't even have any faith in their own titles if they had to keep using the Harvest Moon title to piggyback off of. Winds of Anthos looked like it would be better in the first screenshots. Until it became apparent that there were two models with just different hair/eyes for their characters. Even their promotional art was lazy.... they just copy pasted the bachelor/ette art lazily on a plain background and called it a day?? 😂 Glad I've not dropped money on any of their stuff. Game isn't worth 50$, maybe 15$.

And ahhh not a lot of people HAVE played Innocent Life because there's no social element at all. Which I always liked the farming and making money stuff more. But Innocent Life also had a really bittersweet story with it and subtle storytelling that while it had environmentalist message to it; it wasn't in your face about it and more of a look at how disturbing it is to separate ourselves from the land completely through machines. It was so... unique? I loved it. But I know we'll never get another like it.

The characters in MM were kinda flat and... archetypical anywho. Like... wow the carpenter's like lumber. Big shocker there? Lol. And omg what was that noise Dan made when you talked to him?

Same. I was only willing to try the two titles I did because I got them super discounted. Even then, I don't think I'll be paying any actual money for their future titles lol

Ohh that is super neat! I've always been a major sucker for the social element, but if that's not the main thing you play for I can definitely see how that would be really good!

IM CRYING DANNNN. There are characters I completely avoided bc the vocals for them were so jarring lmao (like Dan.) I miss how alive characters in older farm Sims used to feel to me. Lately, it feels like every farming sim is trying to be like mine craft or something and every villager is a basic trope with like 5 unique lines.

Animal Crossing is a good series imo. Only titles I didn't enjoy were City Folk (boring) and the Mario Party style spinoff attempt (never purchased). I even enjoyed Pocket Camp until it became impossible to keep up without microtransactions.

Also MySims. Building my own furniture was cool.

I should play Hokko Life, since it's in my Steam library...

Animal Crossing is a good series imo. Only titles I didn't enjoy were City Folk (boring) and the Mario Party style spinoff attempt (never purchased). I even enjoyed Pocket Camp until it became impossible to keep up without microtransactions.

Also MySims. Building my own furniture was cool.

I should play Hokko Life, since it's in my Steam library...

I have played all of the mainline Animal Crossing titles with the exception of the original for the GameCube, and tbh, I didn't really enjoy New Horizons nearly as much (granted, I haven't played it since the big update that came with the DLC) Which made me sad. It felt like, while a lot of the mechanics and additions are fantastic, a lot of personality and life kinda got taken from the villagers.

MySims was lowkey so much fun

I did get Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life as a gift but I have yet to crack it open to play. It looks fun though. I just have too much on my plate now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back