Other Anyone else? (Somewhat random)

PanOtterPus

Chief of Panda Division
Roleplay Type(s)
This may seem like a random rant but I'm genuinely curious if other people get this.

I'm one of those "I hate surprises" people. However, it only bothers me if I KNOW there's a surprise. If I don't know it's coming then I'm fine because it's all in the moment, it's a nice gesture, yadda yadda.
Yet, if someone lets on they have a surprise for me but won't/can't tell me what, for some reason this really winds me up >< Like, if I can't know and you don't plan on telling, then why tell me in the first place?
Right?
Just me...?

I actually don't mind spoilers as long as it's nothing major, like someone huge being killed off.

I do not like being told that it is a surprise because then my expectations get so high that nothing can reach them and I am disappointed in the end. This has happened so often that I have been actively trying to kill any expectations I may have about anything, so that I can avoid that unpleasant feeling of disappointment. I think I have done a pretty good job so far.

I do not like being told that it is a surprise because then my expectations get so high that nothing can reach them and I am disappointed in the end. This has happened so often that I have been actively trying to kill any expectations I may have about anything, so that I can avoid that unpleasant feeling of disappointment. I think I have done a pretty good job so far.

Exactly! Because you don't know what to expect, you want to expect the best and then end up somewhat disappointed if it doesn't meet that standard. I just hate the whole not knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back