Other Anybody play and/or watch basketball?

I used to play when I was... 13 or 14? Wanted to play it just for fun, but ended up in a team playing competitions. The players and coaches were being total bitches to me and my friend for "not taking everything seriously enough". They DEMANDED we had the same level of stamina and skill as them. They trained 3 times per week, we only 1. Two ladies especially, two of the better players, got extremely arrogant, picking fights every training and DEMANDING they'd get their own dressing room because they refused to change in the same room as "the casuals". Those two girls, and the highly demanding trainers (who seriously punishes us for not being able to keep up) really ruined it all for me. I was very happy to quit.

I used to play when I was... 13 or 14? Wanted to play it just for fun, but ended up in a team playing competitions. The players and coaches were being total bitches to me and my friend for "not taking everything seriously enough". They DEMANDED we had the same level of stamina and skill as them. They trained 3 times per week, we only 1. Two ladies especially, two of the better players, got extremely arrogant, picking fights every training and DEMANDING they'd get their own dressing room because they refused to change in the same room as "the casuals". Those two girls, and the highly demanding trainers (who seriously punishes us for not being able to keep up) really ruined it all for me. I was very happy to quit.
Damm that sucks. I play on a pretty good high school team currently. So we basically take it easy since the point guard and I basically lead the team. ( I'm 6,7 as a sophomore). Everybody else just has fun playing. We even have started to get a reputation as a "flashy team".Plus since we have good players. The coach doesn't care! We usually spend practices doing random crap. also If I played on a team like that I'd just tell them that they'll never make it to the nba by disscouraging their teammates. Hopefully they aren't doing much with their lives.

Two word, one person. Chris Paul. He's currently one of the best point guards both offensively and especially defensively. Isaiah Thomas. He's 5,10. And has become an all star from his court vision, passing, and scoring abilities. Don't be discouraged just because of your height. Just work to become a great player.

Thanks! I'm in college now, but I still play on a rec team. The funny thing is, the average height of the point guards in my high school league was taller than the average height of the point guards in the NBA. That's probably because at the NBA's level, skill more than makes up for height.

I play basketball constantly. I play or for my school and down at the rec center. I am pretty good and one of the only freshmen that come very close to being able to dunk. I'm only like 5'11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back