• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Anybody interested in a Mexico themed wasteland?

DrunkenSailor

In my medical opinion that is a GREAT RESPONSE.
Hey all, I’ve always been a huge fan of Fallout, one of the first games I ever played was Fallout 2! Anyway, I always thought that the franchise would be interesting in another country, how would Europe be effected? What about the Middle East, China or even Brazil? And then I settled on one country close enough to be affected by the fallout, but not too powerful.

Mexico.

But then I thought that we don’t know too much about how Mexico is doing in the Fallout universe, all we really know is what Raul told us in Fallout New Vegas. And while that opens up plenty of brilliant opportunities for lore and new event, it makes it hard to make a character that isn’t incredibly powerful already, there can’t be any ‘Joe Shmoe’ characters if we don’t know if ‘Joe Shmoe‘ can live, who can be his allies or enemies? So I decided that we should make nations first, and maybe somewhere down the line make a second roleplay - a spinoff if you will - where you get to be a ‘Joe Shmoe’ and work you way up to be an independent force in the wasteland.

I'd be interest in this, and although I think Mexico Fallout would be interesting to explore, it might make more sense to increase the scope to allow for other countries of origin. E.g., the story could take place on Fallout Cuba, where people from different parts of the Fallout world (US, Mexico, Europe and etc) cross paths. Would still need to make the nations first though

If you have Hearts of Iron 4, I highly recommend a fallout mod made for the game, Old World Blues, given that you are a fallout fan. The mod covers all of the West Coast of America, reaching as far inland as Wyoming and Texas, and it includes the west coast of British Columbia as well as nearly all of Mexico. The mod introduces quite a number of Mexican nations and factions, as well as some lore for these regions, which may not be canon but could still be useful in getting some ideas for your roleplay.

I'd be interest in this, and although I think Mexico Fallout would be interesting to explore, it might make more sense to increase the scope to allow for other countries of origin. E.g., the story could take place on Fallout Cuba, where people from different parts of the Fallout world (US, Mexico, Europe and etc) cross paths. Would still need to make the nations first though
I was actually thinking about either Cuba or Hawaii as a possible location!

If you have Hearts of Iron 4, I highly recommend a fallout mod made for the game, Old World Blues, given that you are a fallout fan. The mod covers all of the West Coast of America, reaching as far inland as Wyoming and Texas, and it includes the west coast of British Columbia as well as nearly all of Mexico. The mod introduces quite a number of Mexican nations and factions, as well as some lore for these regions, which may not be canon but could still be useful in getting some ideas for your roleplay.
I’ll be sure to check it out! Thanks for the advice!

Hey all, I’ve always been a huge fan of Fallout, one of the first games I ever played was Fallout 2! Anyway, I always thought that the franchise would be interesting in another country, how would Europe be effected? What about the Middle East, China or even Brazil? And then I settled on one country close enough to be affected by the fallout, but not too powerful.

Mexico.

But then I thought that we don’t know too much about how Mexico is doing in the Fallout universe, all we really know is what Raul told us in Fallout New Vegas. And while that opens up plenty of brilliant opportunities for lore and new event, it makes it hard to make a character that isn’t incredibly powerful already, there can’t be any ‘Joe Shmoe’ characters if we don’t know if ‘Joe Shmoe‘ can live, who can be his allies or enemies? So I decided that we should make nations first, and maybe somewhere down the line make a second roleplay - a spinoff if you will - where you get to be a ‘Joe Shmoe’ and work you way up to be an independent force in the wasteland.
That would be so cool! Mexican culture is awesome and I’m curious to how they would change due to the bombs. I also would want to go to China.

That would be so cool! Mexican culture is awesome and I’m curious to how they would change due to the bombs. I also would want to go to China.
Cheers! I agree, China would be a fascinating place for a Fallout RP - with it practically being the opposite of America in the Fallout Universe and all.

I like this idea................I wonder though what type of characters fit
As the prefix says, this is a Nation-Building RP, where you make your own faction in the irradiated ruins of Mexico rather then making an individual character. Anyway, thanks for the interest!

As the prefix says, this is a Nation-Building RP, where you make your own faction in the irradiated ruins of Mexico rather then making an individual character. Anyway, thanks for the interest!
Most likely going to be a lot of raiders because of how dangerous it is in real life. Although it might have More fresh water then the United States so expect a fight.

Mexico would probably be better off than what remains of the US - the bombs in the war were mostly the US and China aiming at each other. We know that Mexico City gets hit because of Raul, but it seems like Mexico wouldn't have been hit by that many bombs. They would probably be dealing with drifting fallout, bioweapons, and whatever climate change is happening in the rest of the world. I have to imagine that Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East probably wouldn't be hit that hard since thats were proxy wars happened, and they probably have less important targets than the homelands of places with nukes.

All pre-made factions/template for custom factions.
Mexico would probably be better off than what remains of the US - the bombs in the war were mostly the US and China aiming at each other. We know that Mexico City gets hit because of Raul, but it seems like Mexico wouldn't have been hit by that many bombs. They would probably be dealing with drifting fallout, bioweapons, and whatever climate change is happening in the rest of the world. I have to imagine that Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East probably wouldn't be hit that hard since thats were proxy wars happened, and they probably have less important targets than the homelands of places with nukes.

Aye, but Mexico was actually invaded by the US during the events leading up to Fallout, due to the fact that the US didn’t have as much food.

Most likely, except for the NCR, considering there is already pre-established lore saying that the control the Baja state on the Mexico-California border.

Yeah, the only two factions already in the Yermo ( main area ) are the NCR and Legion. Don’t put me on a cross, it just logically makes sense that both would hope the border in hopes of new territory, the Legion did start in Arizona after all.

Looks good, history makes sense, Domi sounds like a born ghoul - except for the fact that they‘re actually being similar to a ghoul.

Looks great, consider your gang confirmed. I’m gonna go into google docs and make the template for factions ( and also my faction ).

just an FYI, I've never actually played a Nation builder. Pat Pat gave me a rundown the last time I attempted it. But the RP never got going (not for lack of effort), so I didn't really get any practice in.
Aye, pretty niche genre if I’m honest, I’ll try and make it as simple as possible so we can get as many people in as possible.

Yeah Southwest US and Northern Mexico are essentially the same thing as far as geography and like wildlife. After the bombs fall the border would no longer exist - who would be enforcing it, and why? If anything the southern border would be determined by the NCR and the Legion and how far they can project force.

Mexico doesn't really start to look different until you reach the mountainous central area and the subtropic/tropic south.

DrunkenSailor DrunkenSailor . What's going to be the year of the roleplay and the outcome of Fallout New Vegas? I assume it's going to be a Yes Man ending?
Absolutely, Yes Man was the victor in New Vegas for the purposes of this RP, but did not destroy the whole Legion ( Caesar was still killed ). The NCR and The Legion then turned to Mexico for new territory. The NCR already a foothold in the Baja, but Mexico was still mostly gangs, giving the Legion more of an advantage in numbers.

( Sorry for late response, been suffering from a chronic case of ‘Preparation for the end of the holidays‘ ).

Absolutely, Yes Man was the victor in New Vegas for the purposes of this RP, but did not destroy the whole Legion ( Caesar was still killed ). The NCR and The Legion then turned to Mexico for new territory. The NCR already a foothold in the Baja, but Mexico was still mostly gangs, giving the Legion more of an advantage in numbers.

( Sorry for late response, been suffering from a chronic case of ‘Preparation for the end of the holidays‘ ).
And the year of the roleplay is going to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back