Any good MMORPGs out there?

Karlore

Unofficial Mayor of Wizard Township
Anyone here play any good MMOs they'd like to recommend? I just got a new computer after my old one died several months ago and I'd like to start playing one again. I'm looking for games with a large, active, vibrant RP community. That said, it would also be nice if I enjoyed the setting and gameplay mechanics as well. I've played a lot of the newer/bigger ones and I'm honestly running out of ideas.

I'd prefer fantasy over sci fi and modern settings, but i wouldn't necessarily rule those two out. I also prefer western RPGs over eastern, but again I'm not ruling anything out.

Blade and soul was okay,but I wanted to jump into the pvp content. Having to grind wasn't my bag, but it was an okay game.

Herowarz is okay if you like anime beat em ups.

Guild wars 2 was again, a game I might have liked if it wasn't a grindy game. I liked it more than most games.

Tera was okay,but I just couldn't get into it.

Path of exile is nice if you're into that sort of overwhelming and meticulous character building stuff.

None of these games replaced d2 for me, but I'm fairly certain they are all good games with a decent community.

Thanks

I did enjoy GW2 but im not sure if i wanna go back

I feel the same way about Tera

I should probably mention I like PvP more than PvE and would appreciate a game where you can lvl up through PvP like Warhammer Online (R.I.P)

Blade and soul honestly fits your bill as long as you don't having to level first. Also I would consider playing a moba if I were you. Heroes of the storm, League of legends, Dota 2 and a few others are pvp only. You basically get the experience of killing other people, grinding gold, and getting gear in the span of 20 minutes.

Also r.i.p to your game. 

I'll look into it

I played Dota 2 for a while. it was okay but i stopped playing because i sucked at it.

I don't think a moba will work because my primary motivation for getting back into MMOs is roleplaying.

Ahh I'm sorry lol, seems like you're looking for a specific type of game. I've tried a lot of mmo's but never stuck with em. I'd suggest going onto youtube and checking out channels dedicated to that type of stuff. I would have also mentioned black desert online if it wasn't for the crapstorm it has been experiencing lately.

Personally, I enjoy guild wars 2 quite a lot. The community on there is pretty friendly from what I've experienced.

It is a buy to play game, though, so I would look up video reviews and such before committing. Totally worth it if you have the cash and enjoy the concept though.

Otherwise for free fantasy MMO's: 
Neverwinter
Archeage if you're alright with open pvp (and have a strong PC).
Riders of Icarus
Tera online

Just the first things that pop up in mind.
MMOHuts.com is also helpful for finding new MMO's to play. Or even upcoming ones~

Unfortunately you will probably never find a free MMO out there that is good as a game that you need to pay for.

I might just try to jump back into guild wars 2. Especially now that I have a decent enough PC to PvP

I should specify that im totally willing to both buy a game and pay a monthly subscription, though free would obviously be preferable.

I heard the roleplaying community is quite good for FFXIV on the Balmung server. Granted, that's only what I've heard. I tend to shy away from RP inside of MMORPGs, not a fan of the limitations they impose. Not a western style but a far cry from a lot of the more waifubait Eastern ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back