• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Any Girl Up for a Modern Fantasy Romance

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
Intro
I have a story idea that I want to give a try. As you read, it is a modern fantasy, so you will still get to enjoy Starbucks and cellphones while magic is happening around you. So what is the story? It is actually the story behind another character I made for another story.The story centers around a special group of people call tricksters. It takes place in sorta normal earth, New Orleans is where I was going to place the story, and tells the story of the Trickster war. The Trickster war is the event that led to the extinction of all but one of the tricksters.

Now the part you are probably wondering about. What is a trickster? A trickster is a magician who can do anything that the people around them believe is possible. For example, a kid believes that the moon is made of cheese. A trickster near the kid, now has the ability to turn the moon to cheese. There is a lot more to the tricksters, like their core beliefs, side effects for using their power, and the trickster laws that I can fill you in on, but it's not important now.

I was planing for it to be basically a, girl gets drawn into a huge altercation romance story, but the story is super flexible, so let me know if you have ideas.

Last if you want to get an idea of what this all is like, read the spoiler below. It will also give you an idea of how I write if you haven't looked me up already. Warning though, it is long, but it does explain some of the stuff I was talking about.

Now for what I would like from my partner.

Independence (My character may not always be with yours. Use that time to develop yourself and the world around you. You can do it. I believe in you)
Fairly good grammer (Most small mistakes I will fix in my head anyway, so don't even worry about those.)
Posts that advance the story or tell me about your character. (If all you do is respond to what my character does, I will cry.)
Fairly frequent posts (Stories die when there is too much time between post. Once every day or two is cool with me. I will do the same. If I take more time than that send a message because something have happened to me.)
For them to be around my age (Anything older than 18 is cool with me. Anything less makes me feel like a creeper, since most stories have romance, and I don't like feeling that way.)
Third person (I use third person, and I find it weird when people refer to their characters as I, and talk in a present voice, when there are multiple main characters.)
Say something if the have a problem. (I mess up and am not a mind reader. While I can read most people in person, that is not doable in this form. Help me, help you.)
Talk to me (while I have a lot of my own ideas and stuff, I like to know what my partner thinks is going on, or what they might be planning so I don't mess anything up. You can also tell me if your not feeling the story, and stuff like that. I will never know what's up if you don't talk to me.)

Spoiler I mentioned earlier
Below is that spoiler. To make it a little less confusing, remember that this is the end of the story above that I am trying to make. So this is after the war ended and he is the only one left. That should make things a lot easier. Have fun now.

PS. there is cursing in this spoiler, if that's not your thing.
Angelo walked the streets of the busy city. The white light of the street lamps that illuminated him was replaced by a neon purple light when he arrived at his destination. Although he knew where he was, he found it soothing to look at the large neon sign. He made many mistakes today, but this place was one of the things he was proud of.

The club, Smooth, was placed in what had once been the slums of the city. Now it was a bustling area filled with wealth, promise, and diversity. He had spent most of his youth in this area and found his second family here. The once ever present violence had been replaced with smiles and a joy for the days to come.

"Hey Mulatto, what's up man," a familiar voice called out "You should have said you would be in the neighborhood."

Angelo took his eyes off the sign and greeted the bouncer with their signature handshake and a smile. The man was over six feet and looked like he was a defensive back for the bears. His dark skin and short cut hair made him an imposing figure under the neon lights. "Nothing much Bean," Angelo responded "Just came to get really fucked up and hear some good music. How is the family doing?"

"They doing great man, Nikkie just started her first day of school a bit ago. Terra is also having fun with all the new income. You have to come by, Terra said she would make a buttermilk pie for you since you love it so much."

"Tell her that I love her more that you ever will," Angelo said with a bright smile "Oh and is Smooth manning the bar tonight, I like having someone to listen to me when I'm messed up."

"Get a damn woman already."

"I tried man," Angelo said giving bean a parting embrace "I'm just not a good enough hero."

After parting with Bean Angelo made his way inside the club. There was some classic jazz being played live, and the place was packed with bodies dancing and having a good time. Angelo made his way through the crowd to the bar and leaned over the counter. "Hey barkeep," Angelo yelled "A man is thirsty over here, can he get some love."

"You can wait till I'm...oh shit Mulatto," the barkeeper replied before coming over "Call a brother and let him know you in town. I would make sure you had a place ready."

Angelo exchanged a different complex handshake that ended with the two of them patting each other on the back. "Since when have I ever needed to be treated special Smooth."

"All the damn time," Smooth replied

"You damn right. I need something from the second shelf that doesn't stop flowing and when you got time I need you to listen to my nonsense."

Smooth rolled his eyes, but grabbed a bottle and a glass from behind him and gave them to Angelo. "I'll be back in a bit," Smooth said "Take it easy. Your moms would never forgive me if I let you get messed up and didn't look out for you. Find a seat and don't get into trouble."

Angelo gave his friend an upward nod in affirmation before taking his drink and glass to a nearby table. Angelo smiled when he realized that Smooth had given him a whole bottle of Hennessy. Angelo poured a glass and quickly drank it down, enjoying the burn as he did so. After his second drink Smooth showed up and stopped him from drinking his third. "Have some class my man, that is not how you drink that," Smooth said as he took Angelo's drink and dumped it into a pitcher he had brought over "This is the punch royal, and is definitely what you are wanting if you are in this type of mood. Alright, so what's the story this time."

Since way back when he was a kid, he and Smooth were family. No matter what happened they had each other, and were always there to back the other up if the need arose. It was for this reason that Smooth was his go to guy when it came to dealing with his various issues. Ever since he gained the abilities of the trickster, he had used Smooth and alcohol to deal with, and cover up, his powers worse side effect. After using his power Angelo becomes compelled to talk to anyone around him and tell the truth when he does. With Smooth, he doesn't get judged and his secret does not get out. The alcohol is a bonus to make what he is saying sound like the ramblings of a madman to anyone around who is listening. He has a mask, which can silence is voice, but it is not inconspicuous at all and there is no need for it now that he is the only trickster left in the world. It is for those reasons that his mask remains on his waist handing by a chain.

"So yea," Angelo began after talking a drink of the punch "Damn that is amazing, holy crap. Anyway, back on track, I remade the world today. I had someone who believed I was capable of anything, and I proved her right. You actually introduced her to me. I though I would finally settle down and enjoy the rest of my days being a great magician, but I happened to meet another trickster and he ruined that whole plan. I fought with him, and he killed everyone I cared about. I got lucky by meeting the girl you introduced me to again while I was trying to heal myself from getting shot. It was hard as hell, but I finally got her to believe in me, and I as able to use her to kill the other trickster by resetting the world.

I didn't realize what all I needed to declare when resetting the world, so my magic just followed my framework and then created the rest on its own. No one knows what I did, and they don't remember the various horrors that happened literally thirty minutes ago. There was a literal storm of fire, it was like the judgement day, and no one remembers it. Also because I was so unspecific, various events didn't happen in our past and now Aiyana is no longer in the city. I've been trying to find someone who believes you will find your true love, but people are so skeptical now a days. I really wish I had know how this would have gone down before I changed everything. This world still isn't as good as it should be. On a positive note, you finally got that club you dreamed about, and the gang is alive and doing well. I just realized I may have spiked the population with how many people I brought back from the dead. Fuck it, problems for later."

Smooth grinned and nodded. He then poured a glass for himself, downed it, poured another, and downed that too. "I would say you were insane, but your moms taught me to believe you even when you talk crazy," Smooth explained "So instead I will say that your insane for rewriting the world. That is some next level evil shit."

Angelo laughed before saying "I know, if people knew what I did I would for sure be the bad guy. In fact one of the main rules for our people was to not do shit like this. I hope there is not a being higher than me who regulates stuff like that. If there is one, they haven't done anything yet, so I think I'm good."

"Ok ok ok, so what is a trickster anyway?"

"From what I learned, we are..well I guess I am after all this, a being to maintain a sort of balance. What I'm balancing I don't know, but I was told that I am a kind of mirror to those around me. My powers are based on others, so I guess the mirror thing make a little sense. I guess if there are great powers of some kind, I am like a checks and balances to those powers. Now that I am saying this, I am realizing that there is probably some being above me, that I might have just pissed off."

Angelo followed Smooth's example and chugged what was left of the pitcher. Smooth rolled his eyes at Angelo and got up from the table with the now empty drink containers. "I'll go get some more and we can talk about the many bombs you just dropped," Smooth declared.

Moments after Smooth left a woman who seemed out of her mind drunk sat where Smooth had been. "That was a crazy story you just said," She stated with a little slurring "You should hear my story, it's way better than that. I come from a family of archaeologists and my grandpa told me about a book that could take you to other worlds. My dad said he found it, but it got stolen from him. It has been my goal to find that book since I was six. If you really did all that you said you did, getting that book should be easy. Please can you help me."

Angelo looked at the woman with a shocked impression. It wasn't so much the boldness, nor what she said that stuck with him, it was something much smaller that seemed off to him. For some reason the woman's words had stopped slurring towards the end of the story. Angelo decided to chalk his feeling up to paranoia since he had just created a semi-perfect world. "Alright, since she believes the book is real I shouldn't have any problem making it appear," Angelo though and after a short moment an old book appeared in his hands. He went to place it in the woman's hands, but when he did it fell right through them.

"What is going on," She asked "Is this some kind of trick?"

"It's not a trick, it's just that you don't believe that this is the real book," Angelo explained "I was able to summon the book because you believe that it exist, that is why it is in my hand. The reason you can't hold it is because you don't believe that it is real. Until you do, you would be able to interact with it. Now that you have doubted, it will be really hard for you to actually change you belief, but if you can, here is the book you always wanted. Just to help you and prove I'm not lying, which I can't even do right now, here is some proof."

Angelo tapped a passing club goer. "Sorry can you hold this book for a second," Angelo asked handing the book to the man "I am trying to prove a point to my friend over here."

The man held the book, moved it around, and opened it . "So I just need to hold it," he asked?

"Yea that is good enough, thank you" Angelo responded before taking the book back and putting it on the table in front of the woman "See, he never doubted that that was normal book, so he could interact with it. Now it should be much easier for you to believe that this is the book that you wanted."

After a few failed tries and a bunch of nonsense meditation Angelo finally heard the woman yip as the touched to book for the first time. "I did it," the woman said "You have to see this." Angelo raised his head from where it had been resting on his arms and looked up to see the book opened in front of his face. The words swirled on the page creating a black hole of letters and symbols. "In the land of disorder you are it's balance," the woman said "Return the scale to it's proper position."

Angelo felt like he was being pulled into the black hole of the book, but could not look away. "I know there is someone here who believe that I can look away from this book," Angelo said activating his power. His powers kicked in and he was able to look past the book to the woman behind it. Angelo was met by bright golden eyes and a smile. "Well damn," Angelo exclaimed "So there is a being above me, and it was a she." Angelo heard a chuckle, and then a finger pressed Angelo's head down. When Angelo's eyes met the book he found himself falling into it's pages.

Closing
While above is the story I really want to do. I am still looking for a partner to Rp with. If you aren't a fan of this, but still want to give writing with me a try let me know. I write more genres, and and fine with working with you make up a story.

Color me intrigued, this is a neat story you've got here. I'd love to hear more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back