Music Any dark songs you like?

Rock And Roll Boy

Three Thousand Club
<p>

<span style="font-size:14px;">I'm trying not to make this thread too dark. If anything posted isn't allowed on here, or is too dark, I'll delete the thread/ post. So, anyway, are there any songs you like that are dark? This could be lyrics or the sound of the song, as long as it's unsettling or a tad disturbing. One of my favourite dark songs that I'm listening to right now is </span><span style="font-size:14px;"><em>Where Did Jesus Go? </em></span><span style="font-size:14px;">by </span><span style="font-size:14px;"><em>The Pretty Reckless. </em></span><span style="font-size:14px;">The song is about a girl, Angel, who was sold into trade slavery when she was a child. The worst part? She shot herself in the brain at the age of seventeen with no hesitation. She was waiting, for years, for any hope but she had nothing and lived the worst life. She was raised to believe in miracles... she only had losses. [media]

[/media]</span>
</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides "Pumped Up Kicks," this is my favorite song that doesn't sound particularly dark unless you really listen to the lyrics. The music video, on the other hand, is about as subtle as a bull in a china shop.

[media]

[/media]
The world may be a dark place, but as long as you have somebody to watch it burn down with you, maybe it's not so bad?

Avenge Sevenfold's A Little Piece of Heaven is pretty uh... dark. The lyrics are in the description of the video. I'm not sure if the video actually shows of if it's black screening, but the song plays. O_o;;

[media]

[/media]

Adding more fuel to the fire, we have Kim by Eminem. This song his probably is darkest and he holds nothing back. In the song, his wife sleeps with someone else and gets pregnant with the guy's kid. Marshall absolutely loses it.

Lyrics like: .
There's a four year old boy laying dead with a slit throat in your living room!

. Now it's double homicide and suicide, with no note

. Haha, gotcha!

. Now shut the fuck up and get what's coming to you!

Also, the ending...

You've been warned!!!

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
So many!! I really like dark music.

The Pierces - "Secret"

(don't know who this one's by) - "Come Little Children"

Lana Del Rey - "Serial Killer"

Madam Macabre - "Painted Smile"

Madam Macabre - "God Syndrome"

Get Scared - "Sarcasm"

Ghost Town - "You're So Creepy"

Jeffree Star - "I'm In Love With A Killer"

(there's both an English and a Japanese version of this one) - "iNSaNiTY"

Set It Off - "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead"

The Used - "The Bird And The Worm"

And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more, lol.

I listen to rock/metal mostly, so it tends to be dark more often than not, really. The whole 'mainstream' songs usually makes me a bit disgusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back