Any 3ds or Smash Bros players out there?

I'M BACK! >:OOO

Love Smash. Always looking for challengers. Have both versions.

Edit: Oof, necropost from January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suppose there's no shame in reviving the post. I've got Smash for the 3DS. If there's interest to play, I can force my friend code upon this poor reply field.

i have a 3DS with fire emblem fates if anyone would like to come visit my castle! i haven't finished birthright yet, but i'm getting there! o(^◇^)o

14388-74385-46946-10957

Alright, cool. wish i had either of the new FE games, plus with TMS:#FE heh, a bit to keep track. any ways, my FC is 4399 - 1381 - 7433 N-ID is Trex. i main Pit, Cloud and Ike. though i should play more Random X3

Lucas, G&W, Cloud, and WFT in order of use. In the process of learning Mac. At work currently (4 AM shift is BS) but down for matches after 1. Code is in sig.

Been debating learning him for the novelty actually. A smart Olimar is terrifying.

I could never play as Olimar. I despise people who can, because Olimar tends to hurt a lot, very quickly. I main Roy, Zero Suit Samus and Lucina. Gotta love me some shield breakers. c:

Yumoto said:
I main Sonic, Yoshi, and Villager. Bite me. I know how to use all the other characters decently, but not Olimar. Never Olimar...
Yoshi? Teach me, senpai.

I main Pit, Little Mac and Shulk. To me, Olimar is something I stand back and watch him get teamed on, I won't get close... Nope, just like Villager, nope. I'm not getting close to any of them. I'm trying to learn Mega Man though, he's clearly great, since he's worse than Olimar and Villager, he makes me cry, if you know how to use Mega Man, I'm scared of you. ._.

Do you guys have any recommendation for 3ds games? Aside from Smash Bros(who was already praised here) and Fire Emblem(Never really liked army type of games)?

I've been thinking of acquiring Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Bravely Default, but I gotta request your opinion about them

Yoshi's actually pretty easy to play as if you can pull off his grabbing techniques quickly enough.

The 3DS doesn't have many non-Smash Bros or non-Fire Emblems that interested me enough. There are the Pokemon games, if that interests you.

Raizel said:
Do you guys have any recommendation for 3ds games? Aside from Smash Bros(who was already praised here) and Fire Emblem(Never really liked army type of games)?
I've been thinking of acquiring Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Bravely Default, but I gotta request your opinion about them
For me Monster Hunter was an acquired taste, and now that I know what I'm doing it's one of the best games I've played for the 3DS. Definitely worth checking out, even if it doesn't seem like it's something for you. Might be your mind's changed! As stated above, there's always the Pokémon games. Bravely Default isn't something I know much about, sadly.

"Gotta Catch 'em all!" They said.

"Pika!" They said.

"Be the best!" They said.

When the number of existing Pokemon can literally fill up a Webster's Dictionary, you know you've gone too far... The dream is lost. Maybe I'll go try Monster Hunter instead.

You really made me want to dig out my old Game Boy Colour, now. Perhaps I'll do that and occupy myself with some Pokémon Red until I find something better to do.

PrinceEladriel said:
721 Pokemon lol, but they have the original Red Blue and Yellow as remakes on the 3ds
Not really "remakes" which is a shame. I adore FireRed/LeafGreen. That said the fact they're allowing you to transfer your Pokémon over from R/B/Y VC into SuMo is sick.

I'm in agreement that there are too many of them now. My interest in the franchise has been sporadic for a while; actually missed Jirachi last month just because I didn't care enough to download it. Been debating trying Yokai Watch actually, a fresh series would be nice.

Raizel said:
MH4U: This is a game that you can sink a ton of time into and has a lot of depth. A lot of people view it as a character-action game which is inaccurate; it's not about pulling off flashy combos or mashing. Every movement, every action has a feeling of "weight" to it which makes your individual choices and reactions meaningful. Personally, I love it. I think it's one of the best games for the system and one of the most fun multiplayer experiences as well. Just try and get a group formed beforehand as randoms don't really work out well due to a variety of reasons.

Bravely Default:
This is...ah, this is a weird one. I enjoy it; I think it's the best of old-school grindy turn-based RPGs in that you can control a ton of stuff. Enemy appearance rate, battle speed, etc. With a bit of messing around you can actually just automate it to a victory against normal enemies if you have the right setup for easy farming.

Problem is uh...well, there's a point in the game where some things happen and the pacing changes entirely. I had it spoiled for me but I won't do the same; all I'll say is that a lot of people were agitated with this shift and while I don't think it'd bother me personally I can see why it made people drop it.

I think the best way to look at it is just a dumb classic RPG with great designs to burn time on now and again.

As for some others I'd personally recommend...

Hyrule Warriors Legends: Fantastic game with way too much content. If you have a New 3DS then it's worth it. The other models, unfortunately, run it so poorly that I question why it wasn't made exclusive.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward: A hybrid room escape/visual novel game. You play the role of Sigma, a medical student, who is captured by a figure hidden behind a trench coat and gas mask who calls himself Zero. After being knocked out he is brought to a warehouse-like setting with eight other people, all of which have a bracelet displaying the number three on them. In order to escape he has to team up with two others to solve a series of clever, bizarre, and often comical puzzles in order to progress past the room containing them.

After doing so he and the others are forced to vote amongst the people he just solved the room with; to "ally" or "betray". This changes the number on their bracelets. Once a person reaches nine they are able to escape, but anyone who hits zero is immediately executed. Do you then ally and risk getting hurt by someone who could betray you, or betray them first for a greater gain as well as safety? How much did you really learn about them during your time together, and can you even trust that it was true?

This is one of my favorite games. It's technically the second in a series that's getting its final title released next month but this is the one I started on and I didn't feel as if I had difficulty following the plot, though some rather obvious connections were lost on me until the reveals. It has the absolute best use of branching paths I've ever seen in a game. There's some incredibly clever stuff in the writing as well. If you do pick it up there are two things to keep in mind though;

1) It is incredibly easy to spoil this game. Don't search for anything even remotely related to this or the Zero Escape series, you'll stumble onto something.

2) Don't ever save during a puzzle room, but rather during the narrative/voting sections. The rooms themselves are never that lengthy so it isn't a huge issue and you can always put the system into sleep mode if need be. There's a nasty bug on the English version of the game that causes save file corruption but it can be completely avoided by following this advice.

Xeodrifter: Really fun, really short Metroid-like title. Downloadable off the eShop. Think it's only like $2?

Could probably write more but these are what spring to mind.

Wow, this gives me some stuff to look up! Thanks for the extensive information -- was thinking about whether I should get Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS or the Wii-U.

I have a 3ds but not a lot of games. My favorite is Fantasy life and animal crossing. I just got smash Bros and Stella Glow. Stella glow is actually pretty fun, it plays similar to fire emblem except it is more animated and had Witches that you are trying to gather to defeat an evil witch that is freezing the world

I recommend checking it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back