• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Another Update Issue

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the update where PM's/notifications don't update in the tab, until the page is refreshed or the inbox/alert icon is clicked. Is this one of the things that didn't make it into the first iteration of the update? I am a PM roleplayer, so I rely on the alert showing in the tab to know when there is a reply that needs tended to.

Issue has been noted.

I’m not having this issue. The site is getting a lot of traffic and rebuilding several indexs right now. Give it some time to stabilize

It's starting to fix itself.

I already get alerts without refreshing, its great. Once it is back to normal, it should be more stable than the previous site version.

I'm having the issue but I really do't mind it that much. It's kind of expected from a big update that there'll be some bugs and stuff, and it's not like I'm not getting the messages at all they just don't load up. It's more like a slight inconvenience than a real problem on my end.

BUT! For anyone still having the issue, if you turn on email notifications it may help? You should either get a notification on your phone or I think you can set to get them on your desktop as well depending on your browser. I have email notifications turned on for my important PMs and threads so I can reply to them straight away, and at least on google chrome there's an app you can get that'll alert you of emails (only gmail on the one I have but you might find others) so that's helpful. Or you can even just have your email open in another tab and when you get another message there you'll know. It's kinda tedious but if you're really concerned about timing it should help...?

I'm having the issue but I really do't mind it that much. It's kind of expected from a big update that there'll be some bugs and stuff, and it's not like I'm not getting the messages at all they just don't load up. It's more like a slight inconvenience than a real problem on my end.

BUT! For anyone still having the issue, if you turn on email notifications it may help? You should either get a notification on your phone or I think you can set to get them on your desktop as well depending on your browser. I have email notifications turned on for my important PMs and threads so I can reply to them straight away, and at least on google chrome there's an app you can get that'll alert you of emails (only gmail on the one I have but you might find others) so that's helpful. Or you can even just have your email open in another tab and when you get another message there you'll know. It's kinda tedious but if you're really concerned about timing it should help...?

Not everyone wants their emails spammed to death though. I respect it's a temporary solution and I'm happy to wait for the actual thing to be fixed. The timing is temperamental. But they are notifications for a reason - they're meant to show up.

Once again, happy to wait. Other than that small issue I love the new site.

Not everyone wants their emails spammed to death though. I respect it's a temporary solution and I'm happy to wait for the actual thing to be fixed. The timing is temperamental. But they are notifications for a reason - they're meant to show up.

Once again, happy to wait. Other than that small issue I love the new site.
Oh me neither. That's why I have a separate email for this site. But for some people if they hate not getting the site notifications that's better than nothing....

Oh me neither. That's why I have a separate email for this site. But for some people if they hate not getting the site notifications that's better than nothing....

I generally check back every few minutes if I'm not doing anything so it doesn't bother me too much. Would just be nice to have them be responsive again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back