• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Anistar

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Charcoal_Lilly50

I am the cat that curiosity has yet to kill
What if I told you that all the creatures from you childhood story books were real? Elves, fairies, vampires, all of them. They're all real. The best part of it that there's an entire city full of them hiding in some far corner of the world, there are even some humans that live there that are we call "Unique". These "unique" are a rare population of the human race that have powers that can't be explained by science and are sometimes ostracized by their communities, hence why a handful of them reside here with the mythical creatures. It's rather interesting that all these species are able to co-exist. But don't be fooled, they have their differences and everything isn't so peaceful all the time. For the most part they do their best to get along.
The entirety of the land where this city is located sits on about 300,000 acres of land making it around the size of New York City. All of that space though includes not only includes the hustling, bustling city and smaller neighborhoods located in the rural areas, but also the large number of forests and the surrounding mountain ranges. About a quarter of that land is actually city itself, along with a handful of homes located on the outskirts of the busy streets. The rest of the land is left for the wilderness.
Anistar is rather modern despite what a handful of newcomers would think, or anyone for that matter. They are up-to-date with all of the latest technological advancements made over the years along with architectural. In total they have about 3 schools (elementary, middle, and high school), a single college, a hospital, and various other buildings (ex: shops, doctors office, apartments, etc.) along with a city park for those who'd like to go for a more relaxing walk.
But come! Enjoy yourself! More importantly, embrace who you are without fear of judgement on what you are!

Alrighty then folks let me explain to you how this rp is going to go about and what it is about. Basically here I am giving you a sandbox to make up your own stories and what not. It can be fun for everyone. But if you do have any big plans to pull in some sort of plot let me know in the OOC, that way everyone can be aware of it and can discus it as a collective whole. Again not everything will be sunshine and rainbows, some darker stuff makes for a more interesting story. Keeps people coming back.
However! This rp will have rules so that nothing runs a muck or that (hopefully) this thing doesn't crash and burn the minute it takes off.

Rules~
Characters: Yes this rp is about fantasy creatures and humans with powers (no normal humans allowed). But try your best to not make too many characters of the same species so that there's a form of variety throughout. If you have any questions regarding your character (such as if I'd accept it or not before you put all your heart and soul in the CS) let me know and we can work things out. No Mary-Sue or Gary-Sue characters.

Sentence structure: No, and I repeat, NO one to two liners. They can get nerve wracking sometimes especially if the post is answering a previous one that has about 3 paragraphs. It can be especially annoying if that's all that someone will post. So I kindly ask of you to write a minimum of 4 sentences if you can. The max number I'll allow is roughly 3-5 paragraphs.

Grammar: Do your best to properly word and punctuate your sentences.

Activity: If you're going to be away for an extended period of time (ex: going on vacation) then let the person you're rping with know so that they can free themselves up if need be.

Pandora Starling
"What a rough day," Pandora sighed as she entered her employee number into the computer designated for the hospital staff to clock in and out with. The young woman had been working since around 3 o'clock in the morning all up to around 12:35 pm. Working in a hospital was rough, especially a hospital designed to take care of mythical creatures. Not everyone was immortal or regenerated themselves. Almost everyone in the city does get sick and end up having accidents every know and then, so having a hospital around wasn't a bad idea. But as soon as she finished clocking out the fiery haired woman stretched her arms above her head until a satisfying pop was heard. Since the break room also aided as a locker room, and the place they all clocked in and out at, it didn't take Pandora too long to grab her purse from her locker before making her way to the front entrance/exit.

Once outside the nurse clad in navy blue scrubs dug through her purse before pulling out her book, "The City of Ember". It had been a book Pandora read once as a child, and had recently had an urge to re-read. Opening the book at where her bookmark had been resting she slipped the string into her pocket before starting to read a bit. While she read, the young woman began to walk down the sidewalk that lead further into down town. It was lunch time and she honestly hadn't eaten much since arriving to work very early this morning.

About fifteen or so minutes by as Pandora wondered down the rather busy city sidewalk. Every now and then she'd glance up from the pages of her book to make sure that she was heading in the right direction, along with staying on the sidewalk. As she looked up from her book she looked around to see just what exactly was around her in hopes of finding a place to eat. Thankfully luck seemed to be in her favor as she spotted a café just a few yards away by spotting the special's board sitting out front. Reaching into her pocket she pulled out her book mark and placed it between the pages she was on. Once she had that handled Pandora slipped the book back into her purse before making her way towards the café. A bell chimed as she opened the door and she was greeted by a waiter who was rather quick to get her seated at a table for two by the window that revealed the bustling city. With a menu in hand the young woman started to skim through it, hoping to find something that caught her fancy.

Last edited:
Izaiah Moore

the young man stood in back of his mother's antique, pushing a large knife further into his stomach. A look of frustration and anger came across his face once again. This was the officially the one hundredth time he tried to end his life..but the demon trapped inside him wouldn't let him." Damn it, just die already! i rather be dead then to have some monster live inside me." Izaiah took the knife out his stomach, slamming it on the table. This was all his fault...how could one's curiosity cause so much trouble? "congratulations, this is your one hundredth time trying to end us. How many times do i have to say this?i cant be killed..we are stuck forever." Oras's voice echoed through his head." If your so tired of sharing bodies, you should let me take over..all of your troubles would vanish." Ah, Oras was begging for his body again, but there was no chance he was letting this monster run loose and wreck havoc." Like hell i will and i'll try one hundred more times if have to."

A knock was suddenly heard. On the other side, Izaiah's mother spoke."Zaiah, you quite for the day. Go grab something to eat and relax ok?" relaxation..that sounded perfect. Oras was driving him up the wall as always..he seem more chatty then normal. Anyway, Izaiah grabbed his stuff and left the room."Thanks mom..i'll see you in a few." after waving good-bye, Izaiah left the shop and decided to go to one of his favorite cafe's. They had the best roast beef sandwiches and not to mention the homemade lemonade. Just what he needed to clam his nerves down. Food and art, strange..but it was like a miracle medicine to him​

Viva Dro

I was sitting in the park reading a book called the garden of eden. She finished her work around 12:00. Before I left work Sarah said “you know, you seem to have gotten used to the city since you first came.” “Ya it has been a year now if I remember. What about it.” “Nothing, I just would think that you would have more friends by now, AH! I know you should go to this cafe.” She hands me a flyer. “I heard that they are really good. You should go there and meet someone.” I look back at her with a puzzled look “I don’t know, do you really think I should go here.” She says reassuringly “I’m sure you’ll be fine it won’t be that crowded don’t worry so much. Well I’ll see you tomorrow” “see you tomorrow”. I close my book and pull out the flyer she handed me. “I guess there is no harm in trying.” She gets up and starts heading towards the cafe.

Pandora Starling
A waiter approached the nurse's table with a smile, "Good afternoon. Are you ready to order?" This pulled the young woman's attention from the menu and up towards the man holding a small notepad. "Oh, umm, yes. I would like a glass of water and a chicken cesar wrap," Pandora replied as she handed the menu to the waiter after he finished jotting her order. Then with a smile he walked away, only to return five minutes later with her glass of water and a straw, then vanished again. After unwrapping and placing the straw in the glass she took a sip from it in silences. Pandora placed the glass back on the table when was done drinking, and pulled her book out from her purse. The bookmark was placed on the corner of the table this time, instead of her pocket. Once the woman found the exact place she left off at, she began to read.

It was rather peaceful inside of the café surprisingly. There was really no yelling, even though the business was in the middle of the lunch rush. Minutes of non-stop reading passed before Pandora decided to look away from the story. Eyes the color of the sky glanced towards the window to watch the people outside it. Pandora watched the people and creatures of the concrete jungle walk up and down the sidewalks, and rode in cars or buses on the street. "It really isn't all that different than any normal human place in the world," she mumbled softly to herself, "But I don't know if I fit in here better than I would elsewhere." A sigh escaped her as the fiery haired woman turned her gaze away from the window, and back down at her book so she could continue reading.

Meanwhile, at the local library...

It had been a busy day for Allalon. It was near the end of semester, so he had a fair few students in the library to do the last minute work they really should have done weeks ago. Allalon simply chuckled at the thought, though. He had often been tempted into procrastination during his studies, too. One thing he could say about his new 'job' is that his 'boss' would never allow him to get that far behind with work. That's what happened when you worked for a goddess, though.

One thing he didn't like about students, however, was how unorganised they were. Leaving books strewn across tables, putting them back into the wrong places...nightmare. All in a day's work, unfortunately. So, Allalon had spent the best part of the morning organising the bookshelves. Other than the odd book withdrawal, the morning had been fairly uneventful. "Time for lunch, I think. I'm thinking I'll go out to eat, today." Even without talking to his deity, he could sense her displeasure. Zefraphim wasn't fond of her new Herald spending money where he did not need to. It was all in good heart, though, as Zefraphim simply did not want Allalon to be poor. Unfortunately, despite her infinite wisdom, she wasn't really aware that buying a sandwich wasn't going to send someone spiralling into debt...or, if she was aware, cared far too much about it.

So, despite his goddess's wishes, he locked up the library for the usual lunch hour and headed towards the closest cafe. He didn't have any particular feelings about the place - it served food, and that was all he needed from it. Sitting at one of the tables, he picked up his menu. He was feeling particularly dangerous today, so soon got about to ordering. "Steak and kidney pie, please, with a dandelion and burdock." It was going to go straight to his gut, but he didn't care.

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 (sorry its taken me so long - i'm finally free from exams)
Acethekidd Acethekidd Xavenas Xavenas

Pandora Starling
"Here you go ma'am. One chicken caesar wrap." The waiter's voice, along with the contact of the plate against the wooden table top, pulled the blue eyed woman out of her daze, "Oh yes, thank you so much." With a nod of his head the man walked away, leaving Pandora by herself yet again. But, there wasn't anything wrong with being by one's self. Reaching over to the right hand corner of the table she snagged her bookmark and gently rested it between the two pages she had been reading. Once she did that Pandora closed her book, slipping it into her purse for safe keepings. Knowing that her book was now safe she picked up half of her wrap, which was cut in half for easier management, and began to eat.

As she ate in silence by the window she observed a man walk into the café and sit down to order a meal. She managed to catch bits and pieces, but it was enough to make her crinkle her nose up at the thought of it. Taking another bite out of her caesar wrap she glanced over at the stranger tables away. Blue eyes widened in surprise as she noticed something, his hair was stark white! Though, he didn't look very old. In fact he appeared to be near her own age or possibly just a bit older. Strange really. But who was she to judge really when her own hair looked as if it were fire itself due to her choice in highlights. It took her a moment to realize that she had been staring at him rather discreetly from her place by the window. After it clicked in her head she quickly averted her gaze back to her plate while her cheeks warmed up a bit out of embarrassment.

This mans hair color was just rather shocking and managed to stand out against the other customers, so of course it had caught Pandora's attention. She just hoped the man and the other customers hadn't noticed since staring usually is considered rude and would draw attention.
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Acethekidd Acethekidd Xavenas Xavenas A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.

Izaiah Moore

" One roast beef sandwich and a glass of tea. I want everything that comes on it besides mustard please." Izaiah pulled some money from his pocket and handed to woman behind the counter. "We'll have your meal out to you soon sir. Please have a sit anywhere. " Izaiah nodded with a tiny smile and nodded." Thank you very much." The boy went to take a seat in back of the restraunt by a window, tapping his finger on the table. He glanced at the ring his finger and couldn't help but to get mad. A sour face came across his face." Can't wait to find a way kill you. ." He muttered. Izaiah was surprised that the chatty demon didn't reply, saying that Izaiah needed him and all that jazz. His life sucked, he became a monster and it was his own. If only he could turn back the hands of time and stop his self. Oh well, nothing he can do"Here you are sir, your roast beef sandwich and your sweet tea." the lady laid his stuff on the table. Of course he thank her and started to eat his food​

ALLALON

Allalon sighed as he waited for his food. He was starved, and the rich smells from behind the kitchen and from the other tables certainly didn't help. Not only that, but he was pretty bored too...he cursed to himself mentally for forgetting to bring one. Although, the book he was reading at the moment was a massive historical tome, so perhaps it was better he didn't bring anything with him - it would be awkward to read at best, ruined at worst.

So, he decided to take a look around. He had not been in this city long - relatively - so he still enjoyed looking at all the weird and wonderful creatures that wandered about like it was normal. Not only that, but strange humans like himself made residence here, so it was usually the mundane looking humans with the strangest and most intriguing story to tell. Then, he noticed her. Truthfully, his gaze would've passed over her if it wasn't for the book she seemed to be reading, but then his trained gaze - if he could spot a fossil in dirt, he could spot pretty much anything - noticed that the woman was staring at him. Perhaps she was an intellectual like him, and was looking around for the same reason. The book certainly made her seem so.

If Allalon was any other type of person, he would've said something. Instead, he simply shook his head at his own thoughts and returned to waiting. It was probably nothing, after all. A simple misunderstanding, or perhaps bad timing on her part.

Of course, there was the reason he was in Anistar to begin with - the divine artefact he owned that radiated the power of a goddess - Allalon himself had similar powers of his own, too, and radiated a more diluted form of the same energies. Of course, most creatures can't detect magic but for those that could he stood out like a beacon. Perhaps that was why she was interested in him. Although, he couldn't figure out why. She did not seem to have any magical potential, after all. Although, it wasn't like he was a professional in the matter.

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 (mainly), Acethekidd Acethekidd

It was a bit past 1 PM when Elis finally decided to take a break. She had been renovating what was now her house since morning and she could feel her muscles starting to protest. The house wasn’t exactly old, but there were still things that needed fixing here and there. When she moved to the city she had no idea that it would be so much work. Of course it didn’t help that she knew nobody around here so she had to fix the broken lamps, drainage system and other busted things all by herself. Luckily she was almost done. If she worked hard enough, she could finally relax tonight. However, she knew that her newfound rest would only last for a couple of days at most, as she would have to go looking for a job pretty soon. Most of the money she inherited from her mentor had gone into fixing the house and the rest would probably be gone within a few weeks.

For now though she quickly pulled on a sweater, as it was still not warm enough to go outside in just her t-shirt. Whilst re-doing her ponytail and holding her bag, she shut the door behind her. The cafe she had been frequenting for the last couple of days was about a 10 minute walk away. Even though there were other places closer by, she preferred the cosy cafe. It was pretty full most of the time, but people there didn’t seem to be very boisterous, which was nice.

This time it seemed even more packed then usual though. When she went to take of her jacket, revealing her low back t-shirt that showed of her tattoo nicely, she was approached by the waiter. “Hello ma’am, Unfortunately we don’t have any tables available for you right now, but if you have a moment, I believe my colleague is just clearing one for you” Elis considered her options for a second before replying “Of course, I don’t mind waiting”. It was true that she didn’t mind. It did, however, put a bit of her dent in her plans, if it turned out she would have to wait longer than expected.

Frowning, she considered her options once more, but true to his word the waiter returned a couple of minutes later, with a table ready. “what would you like to eat, ma’am?”. Elis ordered what had quickly become her favourite dish at the cafe. “I would like your raw meat sandwich and a cup of tea” she said, smiling a bit at the waiter, although it did look a bit forced on her normally frowning face. he quickly jotted it down and passed the order on to the kitchen. Now able to sit back and wait Elis observed the other customers relaxed. Today seemed to have brought in a couple of interesting figures, but she knew her imposing presence could also raise some eyebrows. However, she shouldn’t be surprised. She was in Anistar after all!
1522263893237.png

(sorry for the long post xD, couldn't help myself)
Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 Acethekidd Acethekidd The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Xavenas Xavenas

Pandora Starling
A sigh escaped her after she swallowed the last bite of the half of her wrap that she had been eating. Something told her that he had noticed her staring, but thankfully he hadn't called her out for it. Being half demon however she had sensed a magical aura around him, though his hair was the reasoning behind her attention being drawn to him earlier. With another sigh she picked up her glass of water and drank from it as she gazed out the window to watch people and creatures wonder down the sidewalk. The sight was rather peaceful to Pandora. No violence and no obvious signs of dislike between the beings, but she could feel there was. Not everyone liked one another all the time, she should know from some of the hospital cases she'd seen.

Glancing away from the window she swept her gaze over the people inside of the restaurant. As she did however, Pandora's eyes landed on one of the waitresses carrying a plate of food to a table nearby by. Though as the woman approached it seemed that she had tripped over something, causing her to accidentally throw the food into the air as she started to fall. Reaching a hand out her eyes glowed a bright blue hue. Suddenly the waitress and the food floated in midair by an unknown force, a moment later she place gently placed on the ground while the food found its way back on the plate which had floated to the table it was meant for. Once everything was made right, Pandora's eyes ceased to glow and her hand fell back to her side. The halfling had used her telekinesis to prevent the minor disaster from succeeding.

The waitress looked around, stunned and confused by what had just happened. A few moments went by before she finally went back to the kitchen to get back to work. Pandora on the other hand had gone back to eating her food in silence as the other customers whispered about what just happened. All of them were confused by all that had occurred. It seemed that they hadn't seen Pandora's intervention since what she did was a thing of the mind.
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald (mainly) TheDarkOwl TheDarkOwl Acethekidd Acethekidd

HEPHAESTUS

Today was a great day for one of the older residents in Anistar - it was a day off. Hephaestus didn't get many of those. His job was tough and gruelling, working all day in a hot forge room with molten metal, but it was worth it. Not only did it pay well, but he enjoyed being surrounded by the liquid metal and hot fire. That was an unpopular opinion, though, and to be honest the only reason he liked it was because of his attunement to those elements.

So, the Minotaur sat at home - on the outskirts of the city - and thought about what to do. How did he wish to spend his day? Well, the first was easy. First, he was going to have a large and unhealthy breakfast. Due to his work, he always had to either skip breakfast or get something far smaller than a man his size needed. He wasn't too bothered, of course, but he was a fan of his breakfast foods. Sausage, bacon, egg...all the things he couldn't have normally. Though, once he had finished, he was stumped. Then, a thought hit him. Without so much of a second thought, he left his home with a dufflebag in tow.

With a thick and guttural sigh of relaxation, the huge bull man sank into the hot waters. The Minotaur loved the hot springs of the local spa building for multiple reasons. Not only did the heat really iron out the knots in his tree trunk muscles, but he noticed that not many people enjoyed public, unisex hot springs - most likely due to privacy and social awkwardness - so it was usually empty. Which was perfect for him.

ALLALON

Allalon had closed his eyes as he awaited his food, for he was wanting a chat. His eyes shivered occasionally as he remained quiet, but for the most part he remained still. Some of the more magically in tune customers began looking at him in curiosity, as his artefact began radiating even more energy that normal, but most just let him be. He was radiating good and holy magic, so it was not like it seemed to be a threat.

Oddly, however, he seemed to awaken as the waitress tripped over. He had weaved a spell with his hand himself, yet it did not seem necessary. Just as Allalon was about to cast something to catch the falling woman, she seemed to freeze midair - telekinesis, most likely. He looked around and saw the woman who was looking at him before. Allalon saw the faint, yet still visible, glow of magic in her sapphire eyes. So, she was a mage? Well, that explained why she lived in this city...it could also explain why she took an interest in him. Maybe she saw the magic in him. It was hard to hide being a mage from a mage, after all.

With the situation quickly dispelled, Allalon sighed as he returned to his mediation. Seconds later, though, he was quickly thrusted from his heavily magical peace as the sound of a plate and glass hit his table. "Oh...sorry, sir. But, here's your order." The woman, whom he recognised to the same woman who had just tripped over, apologised as she thought she had woken him from sleep. "Don't worry about it. I was simply meditating, and that is all. Thank you." With a nod of gratitude, the man with argent hair began to eat his meal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back