Angels and their summoners

Vaughn

<p>

So a while back I tried my first role play here, not much response though. So I re-thought things a bit, did some more reading, and I want to try again. Anyway, anyway, here's the thought: The world is broken, demons, angels who rejected heaven, have swarmed it. Their god level powers were unmatched by the humans and the society crumbled into anarchy and ruins. Now, there are only parties of people surviving in the ashes, wanderers and adventurers surviving the chaos caused by heavens rejects. Summoners make a contract with heaven to have an protective angel bound to their souls. Angels themselves are magical beings who once lived in heaven and died there for some reason. They are brought back from the dead and bound to the rules of a contract with a summoner, the rules sometimes being so harsh that any disobedience means sudden death. Humans are scattered about the land. Those powerful enough have learned incredible magic or strength to survive alone, or have learned to survive together in nomadic groups. Rarely, enough ban together to form a stable, old world style town. Often youths who were born into this world are the ones who know enough magic and technique to fend off demons and familiars. That's it, so what do you think? I want to start it soon with a friend of mine and also to allow more people to join as it goes if they want. You guys are the professionals though, what do you think of it?

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaughn said:
So a while back I tried my first role play here, not much response though. So I really thought things a bit, did some more reading, and I want to try again. Anyway, anyway, here's the thought:

The world is broken, demons, angels who rejected heaven, have swarmed it. Their god level powers were unmatched by the humans and the society crumbled into anarchy and ruins.

Now, there are only parties of people surviving in the ashes, wanderers and adventurers surviving the chaos caused by heavens rejects.

Summoners make a contract with heaven to have an protective angel bound to their souls.

Angels themselves are magical beings who once lived in heaven and died there for sone reason. They are brought back from the dead and bound to the rules of a contract with a summoner, the rules sometimes being so harsh that any disobedience means sudden death.

Humans are scattered about the land. Those powerful enough have learned incredible magic or strength to survive alone, or have learned to survive together in nomadic groups. Rarely, enough ban together to form a stable, old world style town.

Often youths who were born into this world are the ones who know enough magic and technique to fend off demons and familiars.

That it, so what do you think? I want to start it soon with a friend of mine and also to allow more people to join as it goes if they want.

You guys are the professionals though, what do you think of it?
I'm certainly no professional but I have tried to run RPs before. My words of advice is you can be as crazy as you want with the story but keep it simple stupid when it comes to actual roleplay. Unless you have experience with hosting RPs starting with Simple or Casual would work best rather than starting off with detailed and having people do multi paragraph posts that take time as like I said it takes time.

When I tried running an RP I had a super strict and complex plot line with set rules and characters races etc... I had 3 groups of 5 people posting within their own groups that would've melded into one big group later but I started the story at the start of summer, when people worried about school the most so people wouldn't post for weeks at a time causing some people to lose interest.

Another tip is have any Character BB coding and Forum tabs set and ready to go before the main thread is made. This should make for a much easier time posting and a quicker start time. Also fancy font is sometimes nice for titles (best keep it readable) but for posting IC or in the forum tabs it could be a problem with people having a hard time reading a font. For example...

embed.php

Bardtech Scientist

sins-of-neoncity.jpg

Something
Put Stuff here!
Extra
Current Mood:

Current Location:

Current Thought:

Physical Status:

Actions Committed:

Interacted With:

"Ahhh, I smell Neurocotics and fresh Steamed buns... That means it's time to go to work!"-Dr Bard Innestako

I made this for a RP I was in, but some people complained about not being able to read the posts because of the font and the color so keep that in mind! I hope this helps a tad, even though I got rambly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

I wanted to write some big fancy thing to represent all I learned, actually... I wanted to atleast state some strong ideas and rules of the world... But I ended up unable to think of anything.

Oh well. Thanks a lot of writing the article, I think I'll really make sure I'm using demons for a good reason. The bullet point I'm closest to is rebellion, and a story about their freedom, fallen angels who cause chaos and rebel for the sake of freedom, but think the alternative is to ruin the lives for so many humans. A world turned on it's head by the whims and unstable emotions of a powerful few demons. Will they mature? Are there wise demon souls hiding in the chaos just like humans? Or will they have to be brought down by force.

That's just a really fast sketch of a thought though, I'm still unsure, it's all still unclear. Ty again!

Ijust started watching Fate Stay Night... Ahem... Lets just say "there's nothing new under the sun."

Actually I'm really glad I found this anime when I did, I'm using it as a huge inspiration and to help me structure the game world. I like how everyones fighting in this contest and how all these different motivation collide against one goal? Ha ha, that's just basic story telling isn't it? Well I am learning and asking for help for a reason, I think I'll be ready to make like a WIP thread this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back