• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Android [Closed to Vash]

Rachel watched as the android began to rummage through various items placed on the lab desks. Aside from the smaller machinery equipped with detailed technology, most of the smaller items there were rather ordinary and recognizable by a child. Ramsay picked them up one by one before setting them down, his face remaining neutral and complacent (like it had when he pointed to the bird earlier).

"I've noticed he's become more brave and curious than before," said Dr. Cartwright. The older male stopped next to Rachel, his arms folded and chin high. "I take it that Stage Two proceeded smoothly?"

"He functions like his older models." Rachel hadn't actually seen the older models, but she'd read enough of them to know. "But now with a humanoid voice. It's almost creepy, just thinking about it. He practically sounds like a human now, and he's only been awake for a couple hours."

Dr. Cartwright hummed and nodded in approval. "Ah, yes. Excellent. I was thinking we'd give him a tour of the facility tomorrow while continuing Stage Two. Make sure you finish your daily report tonight before you go, Rachel."

"Of course." she took that as a dismissal and began to shrug off her lab coat. "See you tomorrow, professor."

Dr. Cartwright waved goodbye and stepped towards Ramsay. "Okay, pal, we're going to have to power you down now. If you'd step back on the platform for me..." after the robot complied, he pushed a button next to the android's neck and smiled. "Good night, Ramsay. We'll see you tomorrow."

(yeah, haha i just realized you can't power yourself on... why don't you start and pretend Dr. Cartwright powered you on the next morning, before Rachel arrived?)

....Main Systems Online.

Ramsay took a second, each servo coming back online, before slowly stepping off the platform and onto the cool tile below. He wasn't sure how long a day was exactly, but reasoned it had to be around twelve hours or so.

Assuming that one of the scientists had activated him, his eyes scanned the room and to his surprise, found noone. Unsure of what to do at the moment, Ramsay began walking towards the door that he'd seen others leave through the day before.

As he walked, an odd feeling came over him, the stillness of the room and silence (save for the sound of his footfalls) brought on a new desire for human contact. Just as he was about to grab the knob, a sound came from behind the door. Quickly, he turned and began walking back to the platform.

"... yeah, I know, I'll get-" Rachel clenched her teeth and let out a long sigh. "Tara, I know. Look, the second I get inside I swear I'll email you back, all right?" her dumb roommate had been harping on her back for a nearly a week now. Tara, despite her calm demeanour, actually suffered a closet case of neurotic behaviour. This week it was some issue about suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in their flat because it didn't come with safety precautions or a CO2 monitor. Needless to say, Rachel was not impressed when she had answered that phone call ten minutes ago.

She twisted the doorknob to the laboratory open and said her final goodbyes to Tara before hanging up. Releasing a long, slow sigh, she shrugged her jacket off and hung it up before reaching for her lab coat. She was usually the first to arrive, but on Saturdays there were less workers than usual. Dr. Cartwright liked to take his sweet time before walking in, though the success of Ramsay could mean the professor would come a little faster...

On that note, she went over to inspect the android standing still on the platform. "Good-" wait. There was a small green light, located on the side of his neck, which was supposed to indicate that he was powered on. She did a double-take and her jaw dropped. "Ramsay? Are you awake?" How was this even possible?

For a moment, Ramsay felt that if he stood still, he could fake being 'asleep'. However, once Rachel asked if he was awake, Ramsay's eyes opened as he nodded his head. "Yes," he said, looking directly at her. "I was activated around ten minutes ago." He noted the growing confusion on her face and narrow his eyes, stepping off the platform as he did so. "You seem confused, Rachel. Are you feeling well today?"

His sensor detecting heart rate and movement patterns flashed in his mind, indicating that she'd had a temporary rise in heart rate prior to her entry into the room. Slowly, he reached a hand out towards her shoulder and grabbed it softly, keeping his eyes directly towards hers.

Well, shit. He was totally awake. Rachel glanced around the room to see if someone was hiding away; as if this was some elaborate plan meant to fool and scare her. That'd be the sort of thing Dr. Cartwright would do, except no one was here aside from her (and Ramsay, she supposed, if one were to count him as a human). His eyes opened wide as he admitted to activating nearly ten minutes ago.

"Ten minutes? Jesus-" was this a bug of some sort? Did the computer programmer install a self-activating 'on' button? This was definitely an observation noteworthy of her logbook. She began to turn around when Ramsay asked, "You seem confused, Rachel." he stepped off of his platform and towards her. "Are you feeling well today?"

"Uh," his robotic arm gently moved and placed his hand down upon her shoulder. She was totally lost. "I just... how did you turn yourself on?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back