• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern and we all fall down

lavendre

◌ 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝘂𝘀 ◌
and we all fall d o w n
interest check . characters . ic . ooc

plot

east hills academy is a private boarding school in the small coastal town of east hills, california that is only accessible to the best of the best. to get in, you either have to be extremely wealthy or extremely fortunate. most students get in with their parents' money, the few lucky ones get in through full-ride merit scholarships for academics, arts, and the like. while most of the teenagers who enroll into the academy are of great importance, the "royalty of east hills academy" are the most powerful kids in the school.

they were all able to get in with wealth, but they're not a bunch of stupid airheads. no, it seems like all 6 students in the group of royals are perfect - beautiful, intelligent, and gifted in their every endeavor. they have a reputation, as they dominate the school, and named themselves after certain famous princes, princesses, and monarchs. no one dares to speak up against their tyranny and exclusion. but underneath the red lipstick and blush, the gold lace dresses and sleek wool suits, the perfect princes and princesses have secrets of their own.

particularly after the death of emilia patterson, the daughter of two working-class parents who got in with an academics scholarship, things began to get strange with the royals. the girl thought she could challenge them, forming her own group of 6, excluding herself. the group rose quickly and became a threat to the royals. on night of the winter formal, which was later that semester, she was found dead in the janitor's closet.

no one knows who did it, but the royals are the top suspects. after this, emilia's group became known as "the peasants", as many of the members became wallflowers or outcasts. they still attend the school, watching from the sidelines, waiting for the right moment to get their revenge. now that their final year is here and the school's winter formal is coming up, they might get their chance.

more plot and some rules

hey people! i'm jackie (or jax, jacquelyn, jac-o-lantern, whatever other nicknames you can come up with) and sorry for the super long plot thing. i just don't want anyone confused or anything.

anyways, the rp is basically about a group of rich popular kids called "the royals" who are the prime suspects in the death of a not-so-popular named emilia who had her own group. however, only one of the royals was the actual culprit, but emilia's friends want to expose all of them, thinking that they all had something to do with the murder. some know who did it and hid it, others don't know a thing, but none of them feel sorry for emilia's death, which makes them more suspicious.

there are 12 slots open - 6 for the royals and 6 for the peasants. every character will have their own secret, though the secrets of the royals will be more damaging to their reputation than the secrets of the peasants. it could be one secret or several of them. some secrets will be revealed quickly, others will be revealed over time and some may be shared. i will not assign specific secrets, but i will give hints to secrets that could match with the personalities of some of the roles.

this rp will be very character driven, focusing on how the royals respond to the peasants and the increasing talk of emilia and how the peasants cope with the anniversary of their friend's death. it will also focus of their plan to expose all of the royals, hoping to humiliate and embarrass them enough for it to be called revenge. however, there will be events to progress the plot if things get slow.

okay, so here are the rules:

BE RESPECTFUL! while in-character drama is fine (and encouraged), i will not allow out-of-character drama and/or bullying. if someone is being rude, just send me a pm and i'll deal with the situation. (:

obey the site rules! if things get too steamy, fade to black. this should go without saying.

posts must be AT LEAST 2 paragraphs (or 10 sentences). i understand that there are times when writer's block is inevitable, but please do your best to meet this amount, as it is a requirement.

realistic face-claims ONLY. no anime, 3d, or drawn characters. ONLY realistic.

not a rule, but if you want your character to be the one who murdered emilia, just pm me.

finally, this is NOT first-come first-serve. i will choose sheets and when i do, it is a final decision UNLESS someone chooses to drop out. also, coding isn't necessary, though i do enjoy seeing creativity. i will choose characters based on the characters themselves, not by the prettiest codes.

roles

THE ROYALS:

the mary: with a strong, fiery personality, the mary reflects the nature of the queen she named herself after, queen mary of scots. she's the one who rules the school with an iron fist, the one who mainly causes everyone to bow down to her group. obviously enough, she's the leader and her and the james are the school's power couple. but unlike the real mary of scots, she is a tyrant. when emilia challenged her, she was enraged and would not stop until her and her group were crushed. who knows what causes her to be so unjust and severe?

the james: a "ladies' man" like the original james hepburn, the james is a very flirty, charming guy. he's handsome and while he may act like a dumb jock at times, he's very smart and knows what he's doing. the james flirts with girls all the time, much to the annoyance of the mary, his girlfriend, but few believe he would cheat on her . . . or would he?

the elizabeth: being the best friend of the ruler of the school has its perks. the elizabeth, to the public at least, is the second-in-command, but she isn't much like the actual queen elizabeth. she is arrogant, a bit ditzy, and a girly girl. she's only second-in-command because of her closeness with the mary and she only chose the title "the elizabeth" because she wanted to be named after a queen. she is also dating the philip and they seem to be a happy couple. however, the girl rarely speaks about her personal life, so no one knows what happens behind closed doors.

the philip: living in the shadow of his long-time girlfriend, the elizabeth, the philip is very laid-back and doesn't see a need to be in the spotlight at all times. he is fine with his girlfriend being the center of attention, though he doesn't like her arrogance, and while the guy isn't particularly introverted, he stays out of the limelight. but he is the true second-in-command and few know him truly.

the diana: warmhearted, kind, and soft-spoken, as princess diana of wales was, the diana is an all-around flower child. she is free-spirited and loving to everyone. she seems to hold no hatred in her heart and she is only part of the group because of her sister, the elizabeth and she and the charles fell in love. but people don't realize that the girl has a darker side, a side that she never shows, a side that would change people's perceptions of her as the unconditionally loving bohemian.

the charles: many still wonder how the charles ever became the best friend of the james. furthermore, it's a wonder how he ever got into the royals. the boy is very awkward and a bit aloof and introverted, but he is also very passionate and motivated when it comes to his interests. but the charles is more than meets the eye and he has been rumored to be incredibly manipulative. but rumors are just rumors, right?

THE PEASANTS:

the brains: getting into east hills academy from with a scholarship in academics, the brains prefers the term "whiz" rather than "nerd". he's been at the top of his classes ever since middle school and he's known for his amazing grades and high intellect. the brains became the group's leader after emilia died and he has been leading them ever since. he's a very witty and sarcastic person, becoming increasingly bitter towards the royals after his best friend and crush died. he's the one who's coming after them.

the artist: being from a lower-class family, the artist was lucky to get in with a full-ride merit scholarship. being very artsy, she is incredibly creative, poetic, and metaphorical. she seems to thrive in anything that allows her to show her creative side and she is an avid painter. recently, however, her paintings have become very dark in colors and subject matter. and her friends don't think it's just emilia's death that's getting to her.

the diva: she used to be the richest one, but after the group became a bunch of peasants, the diva also seemed to lose her wealth. it was a very mysterious event, once that the former brat refuses to talk about. she used to be very outgoing, but she has gotten more introverted and quiet after some event that no one knows about.

the rebel: call him a smart-mouth, an outcast, a loner, or anything else. the rebel doesn't care and he never will. he's been to detention more times than he can count, but thankfully, his parents have enough money to keep the mischievous kid from getting in deep trouble. it's impossible for someone so individualistic to have any insecurities . . . right?

the druggie: being from a very wealthy family the druggie is also from money. she was actually a royal, being named "the kate" after duchess kate middleton. she was a very hard-worker, incredibly studious and aiming to become a psychiatrist. she befriended emilia shortly after she came to east hills and the royals threatened to kick her out of the group if she didn't cut ties with emilia. however, the druggie left the royals and became part of the peasants. after emilia died, the girl got deep into drugs, but she kept it under the radar for the most part.

the overachiever: he's from a middle-class family with high expectations, so the overachiever has always seemed to have a schedule filled with activities and extracurriculars. he's a musician, an athlete, the leader of several small clubs, and is the student body vice president. the guy seems to never have any time for himself, but after emilia's death, he seemed to pile up more things on his schedule. maybe his parents have something to do with it.

Last edited:
Ooh, interested! Mostly in the mary, but might try out for more than one role. ^^

oooooh I would be interested in the part of the artist ^.^

I'd be interested in applying for the rebel! This sounds great, very Netflix Originaly, if that makes sense.

Oh I am very interested in multiple roles in this, ill pick one but for now just know I’ll definitely be applying Cx

Ooh, interested! Mostly in the mary, but might try out for more than one role. ^^

oooooh I would be interested in the part of the artist ^.^

oh hey this is really rad, i'm totally up for it if that's cool.

ooh intriguing!!

I'd be interested in applying for the rebel! This sounds great, very Netflix Originaly, if that makes sense.

Oh I am very interested in multiple roles in this, ill pick one but for now just know I’ll definitely be applying Cx

thanks for the interest! i should have the cs up sometime tomorrow. however, i hope for a few more people to show interest in case someone drops out, so tag your friends! (:

About the royal name thing:

Is The Charles named after Charlemagne, Charles IX of France, Charles I of England, Charles II of England, or Charles, Prince of Wales?

I'm gonna assume it's one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back