• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love: Draft Three

Jayden was right. I did sound boring and it was because I was bored. As of right now I was focusing on nothing but work and even my work was boring right now. Sighing softly, I shrugged my shoulders at Jayden before I sipped on my water through the plastic straw. "I actually haven't been on any adventures lately. I haven't had a photoshoot just for fun and growth. My work assignments are too intriguing right now. I'm in a slump and I need to find a way out. Any recommendations?" I asked him curiously, tilting my head to the side as my chin rested against my hands. I was up for any suggestions because I needed some excitement again. I wasn't known for being boring. I always had something interesting and fun going on.

As much as I wanted to ridicule my sister, I knew right now while she was in pain wasn't the best option. I knew in this moment she needed time to rest and focus on something else other than her well being. "She's the same. Always working. She recently got sick but she's feeling better now. She wanted to come with me but I told her not to considering she's still recovering herself." I told my sister gently. "Jade's gotten so big. I need to come around more often so she doesn't bark at me so much. She's a precious baby and I'm glad she's here to offer some comfort." I continued to hold my sister, wiping her tears off her face. I didn't want her to keep crying. I didn't like seeing her cry.

"There's an airshow coming up, why don't you go? I can get you some great tickets. I can't enjoy it for myself because I picked it up as overtime. You could get some great pictures and I could possibly get you an interview with a pretty cocky pilot," I suggested, shrugging my shoulders again, this time more nonchalantly. "If you want to bring someone else I can arrange that too." Waiting for a reaction, I turned the volume down on the radio receiver hooked to my belt, acknowledging the stiff sound of my uniform pressing against my body, though most of the time it was unnoticeable, there were times when the uniform did become uncomfortable just because of what it consisted of. "Would that be something you're interested in?" Would you invite, Amelia? Probably not, she lives so far, but one could hope, right? I thought about her letter a lot, I read it whenever the thought came to mind and when I did, the thoughts of her all flooded back into my mind, making me long to see her again, although even a month later, I failed to suck up the courage to make an attempt to talk to or see her again. It was almost like her need her independence and charisma for life's opportunities intimidated me. Amelia was a rare breed, and there would always be something about her personality that intrigued me. I didn't have a lot of experience being intimate with women, but something told me Amelia was different and I wasn't going to get the chance to love another woman the way I felt love for her. It was a confession I was too terrified to admit to her face, I barely knew anything about her, how could I love her? Maybe it wasn't love, maybe it was a frat-boy like infatuation. Something about that description didn't feel right though. What makes her so unforgettable? Why can't I get her out of my damn head? She doesn't want me, I need to let her go, but I just can't. I need to know what it's like to love someone as genuine as Amelia. Shes so virtuous. I wish I could understand it. But this feeling, this feeling is undeniable.

An airshow? I haven't been to one of those in a couple of years. It would be nice since that kind of stuff is up my alley. "I would actually really enjoy going to the airshow! I used to go every year growing up but I haven't gone lately and I miss it. The sound of the engines give me life so, if you can make it happen, I would most definitely be down for it." I said with beaming excitement. I needed an excuse to have some fun again and I was ready to go to the show and live life. "I can buy the plane ticket I need for my plus one. Just get me a ticket to get her in and I'll make it happen." I added, knowing I wanted Amelia to come along with me. When she got better I knew this would be a much needed weekend for just the two of us. "You're the best, Acciolli. I can't wait to be able to take these pictures and if you could get me that interview, I would love you forever!" Although, how cocky can this pilot be? Will he annoy the shit out of me?

1 Month Later
It was a rather warm day considering North Texas was still getting slight wind chills from the North. I was more thank thankful Amelia was able to come down for this weekend. Knowing the weather was warm, I decided to wear my dark jeans, cuffing them at the bottom because they fit me long. They always have and they always would. I wore a relaxed maroon tee from Old Navy with my black flats. I didn't want to die from heat exhaustion. "Amelia, are you almost ready?" I called out to my best friend, walking to the kitchen and opening the fridge for a bottle of water. I wanted to be out in the sun with my sunglasses on, camera hanging around my neck, and just enjoy my time with my best friend at something I truly enjoyed attending. Jayden had mentioned he was able to get me an interview with this cocky pilot he knew and now I was intrigued to what it was like being a Blue Angel pilot. I had never spoken to one in person growing up.

When we arrived to the airshow, I got out of the Fiat, walking beside Amelia as we made our way to the entrance gate. I had my camera bag across my body and I was ready to use my personal camera for the "fun" shots. It had been way to long since I used it. I sent a quick text to Jayden to let him know we had arrived, and when I spotted him I waved at him in the distance, walking to meet him. "Hey there, Acciolli. Thanks again for getting us the tickets and landing me that interview." I gave my friend a hug with a gentle smile.

"It was no problem at all, Anes. I'm glad you're excited to be back in your adventurous side again." I watched him turn his attention to Amelia and smiled at the two. I could see they both still had feelings for one another.

"It's great to see you again, Amelia. You look as gorgeous as ever." Jayden said to her, and the smile on my face stretched from ear to ear when I saw them embrace one another, their hug lasting for longer than five seconds. I wasn't sure what the officer whispered to my best friend while hugging her but I knew it had to have been something good considering Amelia wasn't upset.

After we said our hellos, Jayden showed us to our seats, and I happily sat down for awhile, taking in the environment that I missed so much. It had been five years since I've been to a Blue Angel airshow and I was glad to be back. "Do you want anything to eat, best friend?" I asked, noticing the smile on her face. "Hm, something tells me you're happy you got to see Jayden. What did he whisper to ya, huh? Are y'all going to grab dinner or somethin' while you're here?" I knew she would be able to see how hopeful I was.

Since returning from Africa and recovering from a horrendous bout of Malaria, I managed to keep a pretty low profile. I decided to take a break from abroad assignments and focus on what I could about foreign healthcare from the comfort of my newsroom cubicle. It was a much-needed change of pace.

When Isabel informed me she booked me a plane ticket to go to the airshow with her I was caught off guard but didn't protest, This was going to be my first time attending an airshow and I was a sucker for new experiences and Isabel always had a way of giving them to me. That was one of the many reasons I loved her. She wasn't afraid to drag me into new things. I needed that. It also felt like a century since the last time we spent time with each other in the same city.

The morning of the airshow I could tell how anxiously excited Isabel was to attend by her constant pull to make sure I was close to being ready to leave. When I finally emerged dressed in a pair of high-waisted shorts and a flowy floral colored tank top and plum-colored flats, my hair still dyed a few shades lighter than my natural dirty blonde color and at my shoulders. I shook my head at her, rolling my eyes playfully. "Chill out, dude. We'll get there, I promise. You're crazy for wearing pants, it's too hot for that," I teased grabbing my purse from where I threw it on the couch the night before, petting Apollo before I met Isabel at the front door. "You're ridiculous."

When we arrived, I followed Isabel's excited stride into the venue of the airshow. I couldn't help but continue to giggle at her giddy excitement. When she was this hyper it was easily contagious. The smile on her face was enough for me to want to see the show and the experience it entailed. I wasn't sure what to expect, really. Even though I spent most of my life in Florida, my family and I never took an opportunity to see an airshow, probably because no one ever found an interest in it for me to tag along.

We almost made our way inside when I stopped in my tracks. I heard a familiar voice call out to my best friend, looking over in confusion my expression quickly changed to shock when I realized who Isabel was running up to greet. Jayden. Why is he here? Stupid question, he's in uniform. Taking a deep breath, I slowly caught up to Isabel, careful not to make too much eye contact while the two chatted. Through their conversation I learned the reasoning behind why we were here and I wasn't as surprised that Isabel invited me to tag along. Staring off into nothingness I drew myself back to reality when I heard Jayden call out my name and inch closer to me. Great. I don't need this right now. I just came here to spend the weekend with my best friend, not have an anxiety attack in front of her because Jayden appeared. I realized then how naive it was of me to think when I came back to Texas he wouldn't reappear. He and Isabel were friends after all.

Meeting his gaze I offered a simple smile, unable to hold back my light laugh from his typical flattery. Damn it. I hate that you do this to me. "It's nice to see you too, Jayden. You look like you are doing a lot better than last I I heard about you," I said softly. When he stepped closer and took me into a hug, I panicked. No, please don't. But it was already too late. I was already taken up in his arms, the place I only imagined myself to be hundreds of times over the past year, and now that I was here, I was trying so hard to resist. It's okay. Accepting the hug, I realized we surpassed the time limit for it to be considered a friendly embrace and lifted my head from his chest quickly right after he whispered to me.

"I missed you. Let's grab dinner tonight, you and I. I promise you won't regret it, Amelia."

I was expecting that and it only made me want to throw up right there at his feet now that he admitted it discretely. Locking eyes, I admired the blue eyes that were absent from my view for so long before I replied. "I came for Isabel, Jayden," I whispered biting my lip, my eyes told him that I wanted to see him, but I wasn't going to put him before Isabel when she was the reason I came. "Text me," I whispered quickly before I pulled away at the last possible second and followed Isabel to our seats, his cologne lingering on my shirt. I hoped he didn't take my polite refusal the wrong way. Getting to see him made me content. I worried about him since I heard about the shooting. Did he ever read the letter?

"No, I'm not hungry, we can eat after. I could go for some decent wings later," I replied, rolling my eyes at Isabel's comments about Jayden. "We aren't doing anything, I came here for you." My tone was adamant but hinted my embrassment at not knowing he was going to be here. I knew Isabel concealed that detail on purpose. "I told you to stop getting his hopes up."

"Ooo, wings do sound lovely right now." I said with a hopeful smile. Now that she brought it up, wings would be a good after a day out on the base. I was excited by the sound of the engines roaring to life as the first performer of the day got ready for their act. The main act was always the last and I couldn't wait to see the Blue Angels up in the air doing what they knew how to do best. It was definitely going to being back a lot of memories from my childhood.

I was brought out of my daze when Amelia responded to my question. Sighing, I shook my head, looking back at the sky as the performer took to the air. "I know you came here for me, but it's perfectly fine if you and Jayden go do something together. I don't mind." I said but the glare she gave me said it all. She wanted me to drop the thought of her and Jayden reconnecting. I wasn't trying to push them into anything. I just wanted them to acknowledge they missed each other and deserved to actually stay in touch. "I'm not doing anything, Amelia. I'm not getting his hopes up. I just want the both of you to realize you missed each other. There's nothing wrong with missing your friends." I said simply, nudging her side before I looked through my lens and caught some of the action going up in the sky. "I'm so happy he got us these seats though. They're great for pictures. Plus, he was able to get me an interview with one of the pilots. It's going to be a good day. Cheer up pleaseeee."

"You know we can't just be friends, Isabel. He's made his intentions clear," I whispered, sighing in defeat, getting the strange urge to cry, but pushed it off. I was acting ridiculous. I was a grown woman and the thought of Jayden always brought me to tears and I couldn’t understand why, it didn’t happen with Nick or Eric, that’s what scared me. Shaking off the thoughts, I watched Isabel skillfully take her shots, smiling at her being at peace in her element. I always loved to watch her. She amazed me. “Can you ever get enough shots m, Isabel. Other people are trying to enjoy the show,” I teased at her still standing. “You gonna lay on the ground too, or?”I asked snarking, knowing she would throw back the sass and I probably wasn’t prepared for it, with Jayden still a topic of interest, but it always came natural when we were together. “I don’t understand why bringing one camera wasn’t good enough for you?” As I saw it, I didn’t get to tease her as much as I should be able to in my long absence so I had to make up for it now that she put me in an uncomfortable situation.

"We can't be just friends. Oh please, Amelia. You sure as hell can be just friends. Y'all just don't want to knowing y'all both share the same feelings. Y'all are scared because you've never experienced this before with any other person." I stated in defense to my best friends previous statement. Looking back at her, I stuck my tongue out before I turned back to what I was doing with a giggle. "Much love." I hymned, listening to the sassy remarks I heard my best friend saying. I knew her sass was coming out mainly because we hadn't been together in awhile. We were making up for lost time and I was loving every movement of it. "And if I lay on the ground, what're you going to do about it? Huh? I hope you realize I brought two camera because of you miss 'I don't like odd numbers'." I shot back at her, laughing when I saw her eyes roll to the back of her head. That wasn't the real reason I brought two cameras but it was always fun to pick on that little tidbit of my best friend. As I continued to stand and gets my shots, I stood in front of her, moving whenever she did with an infectious laugh. "Okay okay, I'll sit." Releasing a sigh, I sat down next to my best friend before smiling at her. "I can't wait for the main event later today."

No, you don't understand, we can't just be friends if he read that letter. I told him I thought about him almost every day and then I told him I love him. There's no going back from that, best friend. Not wanting to argue about Jayden anymore, I let the topic go, knowing Isabel would continue to push as long as she thought she knew everything there was to know. I knew Jayden didn't tell her what I wrote him because she would have outed me for it by now. I was glad he didn't, she didn't need to know. It would only continue her pushing for me to see Jayden again. "I'm not going to anything about it, really, but when you fuck up your knee again I don't want to hear you complain about it the rest of the weekend." As she continued to throw it back at me shook my head in detest. Over the years she learned how to push my buttons just enough. "That is a damn lie, you brought two because you have no self-control. The only reason you didn't bring three was because you didn't want to hear my remarks. " By the time she decided to stand in front of me, I pushed her forward slightly, "You're a pain in my ass, Isabel," I continued to whisper, not wanting any children to hear. Everyone was settling into their seats now and i was ready to watch the pilots take full control of the sky.

“I am a pain in the ass. I’m your pain in the ass.” I said with with gentle laugh, making sure no one around me heard what I said. Letting out a content sigh, we both watched the show take place. I enjoyed all of the beginning acts but the one I was truly ready for was the main act. I snapped picture after picture, sharing laughs with Amelia the entire day but once the main event occurred, I watched the pilots walk into the tarmac. “Look! Finally. I’ve been waiting for this all day.” I said with a bright smile, looking back at Amelia who was snapping shots of me doing what I do best. “Um, excuse me. No photos.” I said teasingly, getting my camera ready as I faced it in the direction of the pilots, all six coming into view through my lens. One caught my attention all of them and I couldn’t stop the gasp that left my mouth. I was pulled out of my daze when my camera fell out of my hands and pulled down on my neck with its strap. Looking at my best friend, I laughed nervously. “One of them is really cute, Melia. Ahhhh.”

"You're a dork, Isabel," I exclaimed through a chuckle, strong enough to bring tears to my eyes. "We came here for your pictures, not the pretty men. Or did we?" I asked suspiciously. "I mean, you didn't tell me Jayden was going to be here before we showed up so how do you expect me to believe there is no under lying reason why we're here besides to watch the show?" Before Isabel had a chance to respond, I quickly became confused when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Who's touching me? Looking up at him, I recognized it to be one of the pilots Isabel was just trying to take shots of. Why did he stray from the line?

"Excuse me, miss, my friend Jayden wanted me to pass this along to ya, enjoy the show," he said with a playful wink before he turned to head back to where he was supposed to be, but not before he turned to Isabel. "I'll talk to you after the show, Isabel, but I have to tell I'm not too fond of journalists," the pilot teased Jayden must have told his friend Isabel's name and that's why he knew it. It threw me for a loop.

When he walked away I unfolded the piece of paper that obviously came from Jayden's reporting notebook, avoiding the temptation to roll my eyes at him passing me notes like we were school kids, but I was still curious to see what was inside.

(I pulled an Isabel aha this is fun.)

When I saw the same exact pilot I found to be attractive make his way over to Amelia and I, I lost all form of words. I didn't know what to say or what to do but when he looked back at me and told me we would talk after the show, I cleared my throat, trying to calm myself down before I smiled with a nod. "Sounds good." Was all I managed to say before the pilot walked back to where he was supposed to be. Shaking my head, I tried distracting myself from the pilots good looks by glancing curiously at the paper my best friend was given. "What does it say, huh?" I asked her curiously, already having a slight idea. Jayden had mentioned he wanted to take Amelia out while she was here but he didn't want to cut into our weekend. I told him I didn't mind because the both of them needed to talk about everything.

~~~~~~~~

I was nervous for Amelia's reaction to the note I asked Dawson to hand her. It was childlike, yes, but I thought it was a cute idea. I asked her dinner again but this time I mentioned I already had made reservations for tomorrow night at a restaurant downtown. I knew she would be familiar with it and I was hoping after reading what I wrote, she would say yes.

Amelia,

I read your letter. I've continued to read it countless times because it makes me smile. I miss you. So much more than you could ever imagine. On the rough days, all I ever want is to meet up with you and talk about it. You bring me comfort and a sense of security. When I'm with you, I strive to be the best that I can be. You give off this aura that I love and miss. I miss hearing your laugh and seeing you smile. I miss holding you in my arms, ensuring you I will do whatever it takes to protect you. You are an amazing woman that I want to get to know more about. I know what feeling you're describing because I feel the same way. I love you, Amelia. Meet me at the Italian restaurant you and Isabel love so much downtown tomorrow. Our reservation is set for 7. All I want is to see you, even if it's the last time. We deserve a proper farewell, wouldn't you agree? Plus, congratulations are still needed. I'm so proud of you and everything you're doing with The Post.

Hope to see you there,
Blue Eyes

Reading the note I felt a strong sense of confliction overcome me once more. I wish it would stop. Why does he have to be so persistent? As always, I hid my feelings with anger as I folded the piece of paper and shoved it in my back pocket before I turned to Isabel. "Both of you are ridiculous," I said in irritation. I didn't have much to say to Isabel after that, I just watched her take her shots with my arms crossed and my tongue tucked into the corner of my cheek. I was angry at her for not being completely honest with me about Jayden being here and his intentions. She brought me here on purpose. She put me in a situation I worked so hard to get out of for over a year. I don't want to feel this way. Don't you get it? When she tried to talk about it, I shook my head and stood up from the chair. "I'll be back, I'm going to find water," I said before I walked off without giving her a chance to offer to come with. I didn't want her to because it wasn't water I was interested in finding. I needed to find Jayden. I needed to talk to him. It couldn't wait until tomorrow.

He wasn't hard to find, I figured he would be standing the same post he was at when we arrived. Walking up to him, he was standing the typical stance, his hands on his belt with his feet pointed firmly in the direction in front of him. I was glad his sunglasses were shielding his eyes, it meant that my anger wouldn't evaporate when I confronted him. I didn't care that he was working right now.

"We are not going to do this," I said directly handing him back the note. "I told you I can't, Jayden. I can't see you." Crossing my arms again, I was putting on a stubborn front. I was still angry no one had the decency to tell me why I was really here. "You did this on purpose, you wanted me to come back to Texas so you set Isabel up because you knew Isabel would want me to come," I explained in an angered whisper. "You used Isabel, that's low. I can't be with someone who uses my best friend as a strategic pawn."

What I was hoping for was Amelia to say yes. I missed her. I wanted to do nothing more than spend time with her but as I stayed at my post, I became confused when I heard her voice. Looking at her, I was grateful I had my sunglasses on. She wouldn’t be able to see he pain that struck through my eyes by what she said. She didn’t realize what every single word did to me and I was surprised I could still stand after they cut so deep into my chest. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t use Isabel as a pawn. She knew all along. I didn’t plan for her to bring Amelia as her plus one. I offered for her to bring anyone she wanted. She could’ve brought Liz but she didn’t. I could see in Amelia’s eyes, I was the one in the wrong, and by the anger glistening in her eyes, I knew no matter what I said would change her mind. I knew that but I wasn’t going to give up so easily.

“It’s not a matter that you can’t do this, Amelia. It’s a matter of you not wanting to do this. I love you, Amelia, but I guess that’s isn’t enough. I would do anything for you but I see now that’s not what you want. The only guys you’ve ever dated are pieces of shit who do nothing but use you. I would never use you. I would never hurt you. I would treat you how you deserve to be treated. Love you until the very end, and I don’t get it. I don’t understand why we can never be a thing even though I’m better than every other guy.” Looking at my feet, I continued, “Also, I didn’t use Isabel. I’m hurt you would even think I would use your best friend, who is also my friend, as a pawn to get to you. When I offered her an extra ticket, I didn’t know she would bring you. I didn’t tell her to bring you. I said she could bring anyone she wanted and when she said she was bringing you, what was I supposed to do? Tell her no? Tell her I didn’t want you to come?” I asked her, trying my hardest to mask my hurt with anger. While doing so, however, all I could hear was Isabel in the back of my mind telling me anger was a second hand emotion. I wasn’t angry at Amelia. I was hurt. I was sad. I was broken. “Believe what you want, Amelia, but I never once used Isabel like you just accused me of doing. She knew about the reservations. I don’t know what is preventing you from ever wanting to be in my presence but I just want you to know there is no one else that makes me feel the way you do and I’m okay with it. If loving you means I’ll be single for the rest of my life while you move on with some asshole for the rest of your life then so be it. All I want in life is to make you happy but I’m not sorry you won’t let me give you that. You’re preventing yourself from having someone who genuinely cares about you and focusing your attention on guys who will only continue to hurt you.” Before I left, I released a frustrated sigh, “Excuse me.” I whispered and with that, I put the paper she handed back to me in my pocket, walking away to anywhere but my post. I needed the walk. I needed to get away before she knew I was going to cry. I wasn’t this vulnerable ever in my life. Only she had this affect on me and now I was starting to hate it.

Last edited:
When I went into this argument I genuinely thought I had the upper hand. I thought I would confirm for Jayden once and for all we couldn't be together. I thought I would tell him and he would take my anger and just accept the reality. I knew it would hurt but I also knew he was strong enough to move past it over time. He lost a son, losing me was nothing. Contrary to my belief, setting things straight between us was not so easy for me. I saw a side of Jayden I had never seen directed at me before. Anger. My expression soon turned from anger to shock, as I wiped the tears that fell freely from my eyes. At first, it felt like he just punched me in the gut when he brought up Nick and Eric, I thought that was a low blow as well. However, as the truth started to unveil itself to me, I felt like a complete idiot. You should have given him the benefit of the doubt, a chance to explain himself. Why do you always have to assume he's ignorant about you? Not everything is about you, Amelia. He saved your life, twice. He deserves a chance and there's a possibility you just blew it. As much as Jayden's anger hurt me, I knew he was just telling me the truth to validate his own anger. The revelation that was most valuable to me was even despite his anger, he didn't hurt me. He didn't come close to me, he didn't invade my space or belittle me for my broad assumptions of his actions. Instead, through his anger, he reminded me every reason why he was different. He gave me all the reasons that atracted me to him from the start and then just walked away. He didn't hurt me. I was flabbergasted. He just proved himself to me. In that moment I made a split second decision. Unlike a year ago, I wasn't going to let him walk away from me. I had already made a scene and by the time Jayden was a few strides in front of me a couple of bystanders were waiting to see what would transpire between us. It was awkward, but I couldn't blame them for staring. A woman just confronted a man with her hostile anger because she needed to take it out on someone and her best friend was never someone she would choose to argue with. After the woman confronted the man, the man confessed his love to her and made himself look like a true southern gentleman before he walled away, leaving the woman to wallow in her misery like she deserved. It was a juicy thing to watch and the thought of Jayden depicting himself as a southern gentleman would have made me laugh if I wasn't angry with myself because he was such a northerner. Make a move, Amelia, before it's too late.

"Jayden!" I called as loudly as I could, not moving from where I stood because my legs were shaking from my anxiety and I didn't want to collapse. Please turn around. Please. I know I'm a bitch, but please.

When he did, I felt my heart push itself up into my throat, leaving me choking for my words. People are still watching. Why did I have to do this here, right now?

" You're right, I'm sorry. I-I need you. Please don't walk away from me again. I don't want to fight this anymore."

By now, I decided to take the leap and hope my legs would carry me to him. When we were only a few inches from each other, I took the sunglasses from his face and placed them on top of his head, smiling when I finally saw his eyes. I missed them. It was time to do what I longed for since I got here. "Hey Blue Eyes, it's nice to see you. I'm glad you got my letter because I still love you if it's not too late and you've managed to take another woman's heart by now. I know I made you wait awhile."

She needed me. Amelia just admitted to needing me. As I walked away, I realized she and I would never become anything more. I came to terms with it but she called my name, making me stop in my tracks no matter how much I wanted to just keep walking. I couldn’t bring myself to leave her, so I turned back around, blinking as I took in what she said, watching her walk towards me. I felt my heart skip a beat when she was standing before me, moving my glasses up to the top of my head and finally I got to stare into those eyes that melted everything. She was so beautiful and what she said was even more beautiful. I smiled before I found myself cupping her face in my hands, rubbing her cheeks with my thumbs. I released a soft sigh, my entire mood lightening up.

“No, Amelia. No other woman has come into my life. You’re the only one I want. I will always love you, Amelia.” Leaning in, I kissed her. I knew a small group had started to watch us and I didn’t blame them. I was pretty loud compared to Amelia. I couldn’t stop the emotions I felt from not pouring out.When I pulled away from the kiss, I smiled against her lips, giving them one more chaste kiss. “Did I tell you you look stunning today? I think I did but who cares.” Chuckling softly, I kept holding her face in my hands before I pulled away. “I have to get back to my shift. How does dinner tomorrow sound now?”

I made a big decision by outing myself in this public setting, I finally confessed to Jayden I still had feelings but our fate was now up to him. After the stunt I just pulled, he had every right to decide I wasn't worth his time anymore, but I was hoping he still had some sliver of hope left for us. The few seconds it took for him to react, I stood there looking at him waiting for him to do something and for a second, I thought his glance told me he was too emotionally exhausted with me to pursue anything, but then I felt his hands touch my cheeks. This is it. It still felt like just the two of us, but when he kissed me I heard the background noise of the giddy hollers of the officers he was on shift with. What have you been telling them, Jayden? While he planted the second kiss on my chap lips. I saw one run over to get a picture with his phone. Oh my God. When he let go of me, I ended up resting my head on his chest in embarrassment, covering my face with my own hands to shield my blushing cheeks that gave way to my embarrassment. What the hell did you just do, Amelia? Yikes. I have to go back to Isabel and explain this ahahahahahahahahaha I would rather not. AHHHHHHHHH. Letting go of a deep sigh, I pulled myself away from Jayden when he had to go. I was the one who interrupted his shift. I couldn't get upset he couldn't stay longer. Smirking at his question, I just nodded. "It sounds nice, but I really can't do that. I know Isabel gave her consent, but this is still her weekend. Looks like you'll have to come to D.C. after all."

“Hm, going to D.C. doesn’t sound bad at all.” I said softly, chuckling softly once more before I looked over at Isabel who was now looking at Amelia and I curiously. “Isabel saw. Good luck.” I whispered, stealing another kiss before I winked. “Text me and let me know how it goes. I love you.” I said before waving at Isabel, walking away from the pair of best friends as I walked back to my post, shaking my head at the other officers I was working with. We all knew each other and their reactions to what happened was ridiculous. I wasn’t going to hear the end of it back at work. I didn’t mind it though. I finally had the woman of my dreams and I wasn’t going to let her go anytime soon. We finally could be something more and I could show her how she deserved to be treated.

The hollering and applause of the crowd caught my attention. It wasn’t for the action happening in the sky and my curiosity got the best of me. I left my seat, walking over to where I heard the applause, laughing softly as I watched the entire scene transpire. I knew in that moment Amelia and Jayden finally let each other in and I was so excited, I couldn’t make the smile on my face disappear. “Well well, finally!” I squealed, running over to hug Amelia close. “We’ll talk agter the show. I need more shots! Now that I know the pilot I’m interviewing, my questions need work. He’s a daredevil! Come on.” I grabbed her hand, running back to our seats as I continued to snap more photos. I had more than enough of the mystery pilot. He was the one I found attractive before he walked over to us. I had to keep my composure when I was interviewing him. I couldn’t let those hazel eyes distract me.

"You're horrible," I whispered to Jayden as he scampered away before Isabel could approach. When she did, I rolled my eyes at her. "Shut up, I'm still mad you did this on purpose," I called through the plane engines roaring above as she dragged us back to our seats. I wanted to see Jayden again before I left, but I knew it would be worth it if he did actually make the trip to see me. I would know then how serious he was about making us work until he made the move if that was still something he wanted, but I wasn't coming back to Dallas anytime soon. "Are you even going to make it through the interview or are you too infatuated with him?" I really did mean to get water after I talked it out with Jayden but he distracted me in the best way. "So what are you going to ask him then?" I asked curiously as I tried to refocus on the show and why we came here. I needed to get all thoughts of Jayden out of my head for the weekend, but naturally, I did wonder just when he was going to come see me.

"That's it? You've wanted that woman for over a year, spent a year talking our ear off about how dreamy and amazing she is and you just convinced her you're the guy and you kissed her and let her walk away again? That the hell is that?" Nick closest friend on the force, Officer Bellenger shouted.

"When are you going to see her again?" Officer Timmons asked.

"Dude! You can't let her go like that! Even if you don't see her again this weekend you have to do something, that woman is drop-dead gorgeous. I can see why a senator's son tried to get with her, Uh, I mean, she's beautiful, man, you really shouldn't leave it like that." A younger Officer Davis not so smartly chimed in.

Each of Jayden's men had their own thing to say, but they were all bewildered Jayden pulled that off. From what they heard about Amelia, she was a hard catch, one Jayden was beginning to think he couldn't make, until five minutes ago.

Officer Bellenger was the one to ask what everyone else wanted to know. "What happens next, Acciolli?"

“Do you want to help me by coming up with questions? I’m still going to interview him. My infatuation with him won’t stop me from getting this relaxed story.” I told my best friend gently, looking away from my camera lens and flashed an innocent smile in her direction. “He’s such a showoff. I can just tell he reeks cocky cowboy. It’s in his nature. He’s definitely from the South.” I added, taking a break from snapping pictures so I could actually watch and enjoy the show. I always loved being in this environment. Being at this show took all my stress away but I couldn’t stop myself from watching number six. He stuck with formation like he was supposed to, but there was something about his tricks. Something that showed he was better than the other pilots and he knew it. It was confidence but came off as arrogance and now I was intrigued by this man. I wanted to know why he was so full of himself.

My men were truly a work of art. Shaking my head, I chuckled at all of their responses. They all knew I waited for this moment. They knew I was more than thrilled to finally have Amelia in my life forever. I was starting to lose hope but now I had her. What is next? That’s a good question. I could transfer or stay here a bit long and pull the long distance card. I’ll see her more than enough to make it work. “That’s a good question, Bellenger. I’m not entirely sure what’s next but I can tell you I’ll take some time off to spend a weekend in D.C. with her. I owe her a dinner.” With that, I walked back to my post, shaking my head as my men got frustrated with my response. That isn’t want they wanted to hear. I wasn’t letting Amelia go but I had to work out a game plan for what happens now.

“Best friend, don’t assume things about people you don’t know. You’d be surprised with how much you don’t know. Let him tell you his story before you make assumptions. You don’t want to sway him a certain way. You think he’s arrogant? Ask him why he’s so passionate about flying? Perhaps he’s a southern boy, ask him where he grew up and how that influenced his career choice, but don’t come off like you know everything. He doesn’t like journalists and he’s the one doing you a favor by talking with you, so remember to thank him for his time and his service. You can manage.” Isabel was still learning how to be the best journalist. Sure, she graduated a year ago, but experience was valuable. It was something you picked up over time, and I knew she was asking because reporting was naturally one of my strong suits. “Don’t get too nervous, he’ll notice and be less likely to talk to you, they automatically assume you have something big against them if you come off as being on edge.” Leaving it st that, I spent the rest of the show enjoying Isabel’s company and watching number six wow the crowd while Isabel jotted things down here and there.

By the end of the show, I was still thirsty and my hunger was starting to set in but Isabel still had s job to do. Leaving her to do her thing, I decided to try and find water again.

After a long show, I wiped the sweat from my forehead. It was another successful show and all I wanted to go was go home and strip out of my uniform, take a long shower, and pass out, but I forgot I promised Jayden I would talk to his friend. Sighing, I stepped out of the cockpit and made my way to where she was waiting, hoping this wouldn’t take long. I usually didn’t handle the press well. I never knew how to answer their questions in a way that didn’t make me look like arrogant naval officer who embraced his white privilege to become successful. That wasn't who I was at all, but that's always how they made me out to be. I worked hard to get to where I was and in my eyes, I deserved to be proud of that, but if you weren't humble 100% of the time it came back to bite you in the ass. Here we go.

“Isabel, right?” I asked shielding my eyes from the sun, extending my free hand out to her. “It’s nice to meet you. I'm Dawson.”

Last edited:
I was nervous for this interview because Amelia was right. I had begun judging the pilot from the start. I have been in the field for only a year and my reporting skills weren’t the words best. I still needed more experience but with time and Amelia’s help, I knew I would get where I needed to be. Sighing softly, I grabbed my notepad as I waited for Dawson to come over. I had to make sure I made him feel comfortable. He already despised the press and I knew he probably just wanted to get home but he was doing Jayden a favor by letting me interview him. I watched him walk over and I was quick to stand when he made it closer, smiling gently as I nodded and shook his head. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Dawson. Thank you for agreeing to this interview. I promise it won’t take long.” I said softly, keeping a confident front while inside I was losing it. His eyes are stunning. They were a beautiful shade of hazel with emerald flecks and they captivated my soul. “You’re really great at what you do, Dawson. What influenced you to become a part of the Navy and fly for the Blue Angels? Why are you so passionate about flying?” I asked softly, sitting down when he offered so we were under the shade.

"Alright then, Isabel. I'm holding you to it," I replied to her promise to keep this interview short and sweet. I was vaguely pulling her leg, I really didn't mind talking to her. She was a friend of Jayden's and I trusted his judgment of her, When she started her questions I blinked, in slight confusion. Out of all the journalists I encountered as a Blue Angel, many asked why I chose the Navy, but none that I could recall asked me why I was passionate. "No one's ever asked me about my passion for flying, it's interesting that you asked," I remarked twiddling my thumbs, looking up at her and away from my palms that now began to shake from emotion, my voice slowly staggered as I replied. "My grandpa was a commercial pilot, he and I were close when I was growing up so I wanted to pay him tribute and follow in his footsteps, but my dad, who I am also close with encouraged me to join the Navy because he thought it would be good for me. I wasn't the best kid growing up," I confessed with a sly smirk. "But whenever I fly, it reminds me of him. I think he'd be proud."

I was intrigued when the pilot confessed no one had ever asked him why he was passionate about flying. It was with this confession, I understood why Dawson wasn’t too fond of the press. Others had to have depict him in a light that wasn’t who he really was and that broke my heart. Their angle must have focused on his time in the Navy and nothing more. No one bothered to ask why he chose to fly instead of being at seas. I felt so many emotions in my heart but I kept them bottled up. I couldn’t let them sway this story. I was just ready for him to open up and when the pilot did, my breath was taken away. The similarities in our stories broke me inside. At the mention of his grandfather, I bit my lip because it reminded me of mine. “I’m sure he’s more than proud of where you are right now, Dawson.” I said softly, smiling gently at the pilot as I jotted down what he said. “Where did you live growing up? Did you move around a lot because of your father being in the Navy?” I asked him, even more curious as to what this man was like. He was no where near what I pegged him out to be.

Shaking my head in response to her third question I still remained intrigued by her different questions. What is she planning to do with all of this? This is unusual. Isabel made me nervous because for the first time in awhile, I wasn't sure what to expect from this journalist. Most of them painted a pretty clear picture of how they would depict me, but with her, I wasn't so sure. She was different. "No, my dad wanted me and my sister to have a home to grow up in when we were kids so we just stayed with mom on the ranch. It was a cool place to grow up, there was always something to do and someone to talk to. I wouldn't have traded it for living in a different country. The Navy has filled my traveling bug. I think the ranch was a perfect place to grow up instead of in airports and in mysterious places. I'm sure me and my sister wouldn't have minded if we moved around a lot. because we wouldn't have known any different, but I think my dad made the right decision by leaving us in Texas with family. I wouldn't change anything about it, really."

Nodding as I listened to Dawson’s response, I took note that he was from Texas. That gave me reason to understand his confidence which came off as arrogant at times. When talking to him, he seemed like a really humble person. He came from a humble background and he sounds like he’s really close to his family and he came off as an admirable man. I loved it. “Growing up on a ranch sounds lovely. I’ve never been to one but I’ve heard they’re beautiful places to be. Are your parents from Texas? Is that why they chose to raise you here?” I knew time was passing by and I promised this interview would be short but I was enjoying the story he was giving me. I wanted to be the one to write the story on him that should have been written ages ago. “How many years have you served in the Navy? Considering your rank, J assume you’ve been to Miramar. What was that like?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back