• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern An Open Book, An Open Door

MattIsMatter

Small Frog Jumping Up and Down Excitedly
A Thread for an ongoing rp between myself and a giant loser @Lillie

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler had his own job to go to later that night, but his mind was focused on anything but work. He was itching to draw something, settling for doodling on napkins whenever he had a spare moment; he was filled with energy unlike anything he'd felt in quite some time; he couldn't stop thinking about Markus. There was something about that guy that struck Tyler's fancy. Truth be told, he didn't really have any solid friends (it was partially his fault, he didn't talk to very many people), and Markus seemed like he could be a viable candidate. So when Tyler got the text message, he nearly dropped the dishes he was washing and scrambled to reply.

[TXT:OUTGOING. TO MARKUS.]

Ahh no problem!! I understand!! Of course I forgive u!! c: Dont even worry about it haha!!

Saturday works just fine!! Wht time is good for you?? Work ends at 12pm so anything after that is fine with me
:P

Markus was sitting on the balcony of his shitty apartment, wrapped up in a wool blanket and settled in with a book and a cigarette. He took a drag and blew it out his nose, a small smile on his lips. He was reading a guilty pleasure of his, and it was soppy as all hell. He sighed and looked to the stars for a bit, thinking over the day. There was the excitement of meeting someone new and the somewhat childish feeling of excitement that came along with that, but there was also the threat of getting over-excited and messing something up.

It took a moment, but suddenly his eyes widened. He was so unused to having anyone to text, that he'd forgotten entirely to check for a reply from Tyler. He stood, laying his book down and taking another drag before stumping his cigarette and heading inside. His nose was red, and his hair was everywhere, or at least that's what the mirror said. He stared at himself for a bit. Was he attractive? He really hadn't thought of that before. Sure it had been a while since he started testosterone, but he still wasn't all that masculine.

He huffed at himself and shuffled off to get his phone, fishing it out of his jacket pocket and biting his lip. He walked back outside and plopped into his chair, then turned his phone on. Damn. Well, besides the twenty missed calls from his Uncle, and one voicemail saying 'Goodnight', there was a text. Apparently a few minutes after he texted Tyler, Tyler had replied. He shook his head, thinking himself silly. With his Uncle, texts were a bit more like emails, because that was just how Iranian uncles were. Apparently, for cute, freckled blonds, texts were like...well, texts.

"God,
I'm an idiot," He mumbled.

[TXT. Outgoing to: Tyler (The blond o...]

Aye, sorry, I had to walk home. Sounds good!

I'm free practically the whole day, so no worries about that ahaha! Shops closed down for a bit of renovation, so I'll have to be there early, but only for a few hours, so 12 PM sounds great!

Markus bit his lip, hesitating before hitting send. Was it really necessary to tell him all of that? He shook his head, deleting the whole thing.

Yeah, after 12 pm sounds great! See you then! :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
To be completely honest, he was a bit disappointed when he didn't get a reply from Markus right away. Had he sent the message too soon? Had he seemed too needy? Hell, why was he thinking this way? Markus was just going to be a friend... Right? Then why was Tyler so worked up over a little text message?

Tyler didn't get the reply he was waiting for until after he'd finished working. He'd biked home, as usual, and had to drag his bike up five flights of stairs to his apartment, as usual. Some days he really regretted not having a car, but most of the time, he found it refreshing. His life was already dictated by so much technology that it was a small success to escape it once in a while. Plus, it kept him in shape, if anything.

He was in the middle of sketching his goldfish for the twentieth time (but this time, it was different! This time his goldfish had a top hat and a tuxedo!) when the text message came. Tyler nearly knocked the fishbowl over with the way he leapt for his phone. His text was a bit shorter than anticipated, but at least it was confirmation. They were going to meet again. His heart fluttered, but at the same time, sank into his stomach. He sent a quick smiley face back.

{-:

It wasn't like he wasn't excited to see Markus, but... Was he nervous? Could that be it? Why would he be nervous to meet a new friend? Was it the talking to people aspect, or talking to Markus in particular? Emotions weren't his strong suit, despite how in-touch and grounded he appeared to be. For now, all he could do was pass the time until then. Tyler pulled some leftovers out of his fridge and settled down for an evening of drawing. Maybe he'd even draw something with his new friend in mind.

Time Skip

School seemed even more painfully boring than usual. He skipped a few of the classes, opting instead to spend some time in the park, but even relaxing and sketching couldn't ease his restless conscious. Tyler was excited, and nothing was going to change that. The hours dragged on, until finally, 12:00 PM on Saturday rolled around. He hung up his apron with even more vigor than usual, and his boss gave him a curious side-eye, but didn't say a word. If he asked about it later, Tyler would tell him, but there was no time for explaining now. He bolted out of the restaurant and nearly tripped over the curb as he shot Markus a text.

hey!! Just got done w/ work!! Where r u at?? ^.^

Markus wakes up at 6:44, seconds before his alarm went off. He turned over, turning his alarm off with a few swipes on his phone. His finger hesitated over the dimly lit screen, and the drowsiness drained minutely from his eyes, replaced with a tiny sparkle. He opened the texts and looked over the now day-old messages with a tiny smirk, then turned the display off and laid down, staring at the grey ceiling. The sounds of cars honking their horns, the muted, muffled sounds of conversations. He loved it here. He loved his shitty apartment and his dumb neighborhood. He loved the bookshop and his Uncle and he loved the sounds, and the moments of solitude.

He closed his eyes and smiled at himself. He certainly could do with more days like this. The insecurities and constant buzz of fear were quiet, replaced with some soft, cozy feeling that he could really use more often. He rolled over, planting his face into his pillow with a wide, goofy grin. Tyler. He knew his good mood was centered around that dork. After all, his appearance in Markus' life was the only thing that had really changed.

He let himself lay there a few moments longer before forcing himself up into the shower. He got clean, got dressed and got his ass out the door and onto his trusty steed. She was an old motorcycle he'd gotten as a hand-me-down from his brother, but hey, she worked. He zipped himself down to the bookshop and parked her out front, then walked inside. Everything looked pretty much the same, but the worker men in the back were tapping and screwing and wrenching away. He had no idea what half the tools were for, and with how pain-inducing some of them looked he really had no interest in knowing.

He trekked back up the steps, locating his Uncle in the back room, asleep. He sighed and put his Uncle's jacket over him and gently shut the door on his way out. His apron was still on the hook in the backroom, despite all of the workers buzzing about, and he donned it out of habit. He knew he had a shit ton of work ahead of him, and he knew he'd be sore after. He cracked his knuckles and scanned the place with his eyes.

It took him four and a half hours total to log and assemble the new shipments, run statistics and order the next set off of them, pay the advertisers and calculate the total tax, and order the food for their sit-in lunch on Thursday, and queue the weekly newsletter to send on Monday.

With about forty-five minutes to spare, he hung his apron up, left a letter for his Uncle, and zipped to the Italian place. It only took twenty from where he was, and he was there twenty-five minutes early. He was unsure of what, exactly, to do at that point, and just sat at the cafe next door to wait. When it was 12:00, he got a text from Tyler.

He blushed a bit, realizing how early he was. But how could he help being a total boss at his job? He ran a hand over his face and texted Tyler back.

I got done a little early so I'm over here waiting :-> Should I get a table or wait for you?

He winced at himself, and hit send before he could regret anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back