• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings An older writer looking for a long-term partner

Nostalchiq

Uncomfortably Numb
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi. :) My name is Kat and I'm looking for another writing partner to keep me busy. I have a couple of wonderful, talented partners at the moment, but as I am a homemaker without children I have a ton of spare time on my hands and I need something to consistently keep me entertained and creatively inspired.

As you might have guessed by my introduction, I am an older person and I am looking for someone who is closer to my age—preferably 30 or older. I will make exceptions to the rule if I meet someone younger who seems to have a good head on their shoulders, but I do find that people who are at the same life stage as me tend to better mesh with what I am looking for in a potential partner. We also seem to make faster friends ooc as we can relate to one another better.

I don't do fancy-schmancy coding and design and stuff, so forgive my plain-looking search thread. XD They didn't have that stuff in the olden days back when I was writing on AOL and Gaia and I don't have the desire to learn, really. I prefer substance over aesthetic and I can promise to do my best to deliver that in my writing. That being said, I dabble in lineart and I do enjoy illustrating scenes and OCs from my RPs occasionally when I feel inspired, so I do have a creative side apart from my writing.

Anyway, here is a summary of what I'm looking for in a new partner:

x Long-term. Please stick around for a while, not just until the quarantine is over. :) I love to make lasting friendships with my partners and keep RPs going for as long as possible.

x Do NOT ghost. Please have the balls to communicate with me and tell me that you're unhappy about something or want to end the RP. Maybe we can work it out. If not, at least we were able to part on friendly terms.

x Be literate or advanced literate. I am not an English major, but I have been writing for nearly two decades and I know my way around the written word. Please know the basics of proper syntax and grammar.

x Must proofread every post before sending. I understand that you are excited to get your post out. I am too! But I can't enjoy myself as much when I have to edit everything you write in my head as I read. Mistakes happen (typos, misplaced words, etc), to me and everyone else, but all I ask is that you do your best.

x Please give me enough to work with. I will try and match your length as best I can, but I tend to put out at least a few paragraphs per post unless it's a dialogue-heavy scene. One-liners and consistently short posts are not acceptable.

x Please write in the third person/past tense.

x Be open to ooc chat. As mentioned before I love making friends with my writing partners and talking about anything and everything. :) It also seems to help keep the story moving as we can discuss future plot developments.

x Have a strong stomach and an open mind. I will write about just about anything and I would like for you to be able to do the same. A lot of what I enjoy is gritty/dark/ugly as I like to explore the less polished aspects of life that most people would prefer to gloss over. I understand if there is one or two controversial topics you would rather not introduce to the RP, but if you're faint of heart I don't think we are going to be very compatible.

x Be open to romance. I LOVE romance and although I don't force it and prefer to let it happen organically, I would like for you to be receptive to the idea of it.

x Don't be pretentious. Yes, you are well-read. Yes, you are an amazing writer and work in editing. That's all well and good, but I don't want to have to constantly feel like our writing together is a competition to prove who's the better writer or who's smarter and who knows more flowery words. This is for fun and should never be made competitive.

x Do be able to write at least a few times a week. I understand, especially as an older person, that life gets in the way. You don't have the time you had when you were younger. You might have kids, a job, or school to keep you busy. That's fine, but I need you to write a few times a week to keep my interest in the RP. You can expect for me to be able to write at least once a day, at least Monday through Friday (once the quarantine is over that is), although there will be days I am able to shoot consecutive posts back and forth if you're up for that sort of thing. :) There will also be days occasionally when I just can't get my head in the game as I'm sure happens to everyone, but it doesn't happen too often.

I think that's all. I'll add more if I think of anything else. I'm pretty easy to please so long as you're a nice person who puts their heart into their writing and takes pride in what they put out.

Now, as for my preferred genres, I have an interest in:

x Fantasy (Low or high)

x Historical and Historical Fantasy (Medieval, Colonial, Victorian, Edwardian, WW2 / Arranged marriage, War)

x Modern (Not slice of life, however. A plot line will have to be agreed upon)

x Post-apocalyptic (Realistic or Fallout-inspired. Must be pre-digital era or at least low tech)

x Horror/Occult/Paranormal

I am NOT interested in:

x Futuristic/Sci-fi

x Furries

x Steampunk

x Casual

x Slice of life

x Fandom of any kind, unless we're just borrowing ideas from a pre-made world

I am happy to consider trying something that isn't on this list if you have an idea. Just ask. :)

I will double and enjoy including side characters after a while to keep things interesting. I play both genders but get the most enjoyment out of writing as men. My preferred pairing is mxm, but I will just as easily do mxf and fxf. I would rather not include non-binary/trans/etc characters, though. Sorry, I'm old and I just can't wrap my brain around it enough to write about it.

Well, I think that's all you need to know. :) I hope that you'll give me a shot and PM me if you any of this appeals to you. Please put "Hopscotch" in the title so I know you've read everything here and are comfortable with it. Please also be descriptive in what you would like, and tell me a little about yourself (general age at least/gender if you feel like sharing/schedule or time zone/interests and hobbies, etc). If it seems as though we'd be a good fit I may ask for a writing sample. Please don't take it personally, it's just to be sure that neither of our time will be wasted if I feel that our writing styles/levels don't match up.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
I don't think I fit your age demographic, but I'm just happy to not feel old doing this. Otherwise I fit all other requirements, and I just hope you find what you are looking for. If by any chance you are willing to overlook me being 29, would you be interested in a Mad Max style post apocalyptic desert world revolving around cars and being constantly on the move, fighting mutants, marauders, and other survivors for what little resources there are left, and exploring the heavy mental strain that comes with it for the characters?

I don't think I fit your age demographic, but I'm just happy to not feel old doing this. Otherwise I fit all other requirements, and I just hope you find what you are looking for. If by any chance you are willing to overlook me being 29, would you be interested in a Mad Max style post apocalyptic desert world revolving around cars and being constantly on the move, fighting mutants, marauders, and other survivors for what little resources there are left, and exploring the heavy mental strain that comes with it for the characters?

Hi! Thanks for your interest. :) I may be up for something like that but as of now I'm all booked up. I'll get in touch with you if things change if you'd like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back