• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Accessing memory logs...
Logs accessed. Playback Log 180052.

The screen flickers to life. The camera is pointed from the center of the console outwards, as if from the perspective of one of the monitors. It swivels to reveal an aging man with curly grey hair and rather large, angry-looking eyebrows. His hand retreats from the side of the screen, and his gaze diverts to a few switches and buttons, which are subsequently thrown and pressed, respectively. "I'm leaving this log in case something happens to me. In case I die... permanently... or otherwise cease to exist within the confines of this reality." His voice is hoarse, scratchy, and decidedly Scottish, eyebrows ready to attack as he returns his gaze to the camera. "If, for some reason, I leave, and don't or can't bring my TARDIS with me, I'm trusting you. Whoever finds her, whoever she chooses to let in..." he takes a moment, wiping his jaw with one hand and placing it on a large lever, watching the movement and steadying himself before locking his gaze back with the camera for a second time, "... take care of her." The screen goes black the moment the large lever is thrown.

End Log.

Hey all, this is my first attempt at DM'ing a group rp in a large time, and I don't know if it'll gain much traction but here we go regardless.

If you can't tell, this is a Doctor Who RP, though you don't really need to know much about the series to play. That's because we're not going to be focusing on the main characters, or much of the main species in the series. Instead, we're gonna essentially take a time machine (that doubles as a space ship) for a joyride. All of time and space at the fingertips of the OC of your choice. Because it's both a time machine and a spaceship, you can essentially make any character you want and plausibly have it exist in this universe, so long as it's clearly not of any other fandom. This includes, but is not limited to, any alien or non-human species you can think up, AI and androids, people from historical time periods, the list goes on. There will be an underlying plot, but for the most part we'll be playing it like an episodic sandbox RP.

For the episodes, you can either choose to have your character remain on the TARDIS, or take part in the episode. Remaining on the TARDIS essentially means you won't have any kind of post requirement, but you also won't be part of the episode focus. That's more of the "sandbox" portion of the RP. The episode part will generally be plot-driven, with players taking turns making up a monster-of-the-week to face. It's not all save the day, kill the bad guys, so if you want to direct an episode, feel free to get as creative as you want! Taking part in the episode will require at least three posts a week, with at least a paragraph per post, per character. There won't be a character limit, but be reasonable with it, ok?

If you're interested, post below! Once there's enough interest, I'll make a character sheet and OOC. Also, say whether you want on-site OOC or Discord OOC.

How hard will you willing to let people deep dive into that Doctor Who lore?

I've only seen New Who (9+) so if you're pulling out original Doctor Who stuff be prepared to explain or post wiki links so I know what the heck you're doing. Otherwise, go nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back